Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Different Turn to Make (Alvis and Malice)

Áedán nodded at her words, knowing there was likely something else involved in her words, but he let it go for now.
"Aye, as ye will. Be back soon." He got out of the car, and head inside. The place was as well appointed as it appeared. There was a smiling young man approaching him.
"Áedán, good to see you. We have missed you here." He said with the tinge of French to his accent.
"Benoit, it is good to see ye. Have ye me order?" The younger man nodded, and head towards the back. A few moments later he had a thermal bag to keep things warm in hand. There was also a small basket that had a tied off cloth. The cloth was checkered red and white, adn the scent of fresh baked good leaked from it.
"Margery sends her regards and admiration as always. Do come again soon Áedán, when you may take your leisure with us." Snapping his fingers, Benoit went into the back again, adn returned with a bottle of wine, handing it to Áedán, and waving aside any objections. "We all insist. Enjoy good sir." Áedán shook his head, but thanked him and made his departure.

Áedán returned ot the car and closed the door. He set the bag between the seats, keeping it out of hte way, and hesitated a moment. he knew he had to get intot he basket, or the smell would drive him to distraction, so he untied the cloth. Sure enough, it was packed with treats that he knew would be divine. Steaming fresh croissants, each of them with a small slice in them, and a faint scent of real butter coming from them, as well as a selection of sweeter treats were there. He lifted a croissant, and bit into it, savoring the flavours. There was little better than freshly made French pastry, made by someone who loved their craft. He demolished the pastry, adn then got the car started.
"Help yeself if ye like lass." He pointed out, nodding at the basket.

She gave a faint nod but didn’t turn her head. She wanted to go home. She wanted to sit in the bath, drink herself into a deathly sleep and smoke an entire pack of cigarettes before the night was out--and before she fell into that deathly alcohol induced sleep--until her lungs went permanently black and she was wheezing, sounding like an old smoker bitch.

Heidi must have dozed off for a little bit because she suddenly jolted awake by the sound of a car door opening and shutting. Stretching a little, she came fully awake by the jammed scents of fresh baked goods, particularly that of something buttery and delicious, that permeated the air of the small space of the car.

She watched hungrily as he ripped into a buttery and flaky croissant, licking her lips slowly. Her stomach growled louder than before and she couldn’t help herself. Lifting the cloth, she looked into the basket. She saw fresh croissants, buttered rolls and little sweeter treats; what looked like a seriously stuffed macaron. She plucked a croissant and she devoured it, much the way Áedán had and then plucked a macaron that had some sort of frosting with raspberries in it. It looked like a prettier Napolean. She savored this little delicacy though, taking a more cherishing bite until it was gone in a whole of five minutes, rather than seconds.

Sitting back, she made a small moan of appreciation for what she had just eaten, pressing her hand to her stomach. Finally, the taste of Gordon’s foul cum had left her mouth, instead replaced with hints of rose and finer cream she could actually enjoy. “Hmm...that did the stuff.”

Realizing though that she had eaten his food, or food he had gotten for himself and the guys at the bar, she quickly reverted back to her icy self, that feeling of satisfaction leaving her so quickly as it had come and she cleared her throat. "I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me." Hunger. That's what came over her. Not that she starved herself or was starving at home. She had access. She just didn't eat like this. She had to maintain her figure. Otherwise she would not be well-liked.

The car was rolling along back towards the docks, and Áedán kept his focus on the road. He heard appreciative sounds from Heidi, so he assumed that she was finding something worth her time in the basket. When they reached the docks, he answered her words.
"Dinnae worry lass, I did say ye could help yeself." he told her with a smile. "Now, ye best tell Gideon job is done. I'll wait fer ye here, and can get ye home." It was a light gesture as far as he was concerned, adn frankly, it would give him some time to indulge in his French pastries. Dropping off the other food would only take a moment, so he got out of the car, and held the front door open for her. Murphy waved her to the back room.

The food was well received, Lachland, one of the other men that spent a lot of time in the bar, grinning widely at the delivery. Áedán made a small pocket of cash for the trouble, but it was what you did for a friend. he returned to his car to make good on his plan of digging into the basket.

“You’re actually nice.” She didn’t say it for any insulting means, surprisingly. No, more like shock since she hadn’t met many men that were nice. Not all the men in her family were mean. But under the circumstances they were all raised under, it wasn’t particularly nice.
They arrived back at the docks and Heidi nodded her to head, giving her thanks to him before getting out and walking inside. He was behind her, dropping off the food he needed to but as she disappeared to the back, Heidi looked back to see him leave. She hoped he really would wait.

Knocking on Gideon’s door, she opened it and poked her head in. “It’s all done, Sir. Signed, sealed and delivered, as well as accepted.”

GIdeon looked up as Heidi spoke, and nodded. He scratched his chin through his greying beard.
"Aye alss, Gordon gave me a ring. Asked that ye be sent to him with any other tasks for 'im to accomplish. So ye done well this night. Might be having other tasks for ye soon as well." He told her, leaning back in his chair. There was the beginnings of a thought, a plan that was working it's way through his mind. Heidi represented an opportunity right now. "Until then, get yeself home lass."

There were brewing issues int he underworld, the Pin quietly vying to get out from under Gideon's control. Heidi was useful in helping curtail this. But there was the option of a bloody and vicious purge of the Pin adn his organization. It wouldn't be the first time it had happened. This was not the first person to bear teh title of the Pin, nor would it be the last. Even Gideon's position had been picked up by several before him, but none of them had his control fo the docks, which was why Viper knew that Gideon would be hard, if not impossible, to replace. Gideon nodded to himself. It was likely time to start rolling a few balls around to see what they might be able to run into.

Áedán was still beside his car, basket beside him, working through teh contents. It was enough carbs and sugar to be a problem for him on some level, but he didn't indulge often. He'd hitt he gym a little harder to offset it. But for now...it was time to enjoy himself. He did indeed wait for Heidi, even going so far as to leave the last of the pastries for her. She looked like she could use a treat for herself.

Bile threatened to rise up her throat and she had to actually gulp to force it down. She covered her mouth before quickly lowering it before forcing a smile. “Very well. Anything I can do. Thank you Sir. Have a good night.” She nodded her head to him before walking out and heading back outside, her steps quickened. Heidi just needed to get back home before she puked all over and inside of Áedán’s really nice car.

The fresh air helped to calm her nausea and she took in a few deep breaths before exhaling, immediately feeling calm after. It did wonders. With a heavy sigh, she walked over to his car and looked at him. “Enjoying your treats?” She asked softly.

Áedán looked up as Heidi emerged back out into the open air. He nodded to her words.
"Aye lass, I did. Now, am I tae be takin' ye home?" He asked her, leaning away from his car, getting himself to a proper standing position. It struck him that with how she dressed and held herself, she was one of the few women that her didn't completely tower over. But there was a certain sense of desperation ,of fragility behind the demeanor that she projected. Most probably missed it. She also seemed to have a way of projecting a strong presence out to people, which likely stopped them from really trying to analyze her actions and personality.

It made him sad for her in a way.

Nodding her head, Heidi stopped and then thought for a moment. She could go home, or she could go elsewhere. Maybe save her from taking a luxurious bath, drinking, smoking and potentially slitting her wrists. Maybe if she took it that she may now become of some value to someone, it would bode well better for her, rather than to take it so negatively. “Actually if I give you an address, can you take me there? I think I will spend the night at a friend’s house tonight.” And perhaps the best way to cure the bad taste in her mouth was to go down on another person. Female, this time.

Áedán nodded to her words.
"Aye, I can take ya where ya want lass. Hop in, be no trouble." He assured her, stepping around the car to open the door for her. Once she was in, he got in and started the car. "And the last in the basket be for you lass." He said, nodding to the baked goods between them. There wasn't a lot left, maybe two things, but for some reason he felt compelled to make sure she knew that they were hers. That someone wanted something for her, wanted to give her something, with no strings attached. He got the car moving.

"Where be I takin' ya this night lass?" He asked her as they were ready to leave teh docks area.

“Thank you.” She nodded her head, before sliding into his car and buckling up. She was actually quite astonished that he left anything for her. He didn’t have to. It was more like he was giving it to her because he had ordered this for himself, not for anyone else. She looked into the basket, lifting the still warm cloth and saw a couple of treats left that looked decadent as well as delicate. But being Heidi the way she was now, she was incredibly skeptical. “What’s the catch?” He had been kind to her all night. And now she would learn what his agenda was. After all, she learned very early on that no one was nice for no reason. Everything came with an agenda--if someone was nice to her, they wanted something in return. That's how it always was. That's how life was. And just because he had been nice and asked for nothing in return all day, didn't mean he would be any different. No one had been so far. So why was she to believe he would be too? "What do you want in return?"

He looked at her, the car idling, listening to her as she asked her question. To most people it would have been extremely odd to hear this kind of thing, but Áedán was a long time worker in the underworld of things. It was entirely common to have this sort of thing come up. He looked her in the eye.
"No catches lass. Ye enjoyed the last one ye had, and I thought ye should get to enjoy a bit more before the night was over. Nothin' more than that." He told her with no trace of guile at all. "But ye still dinnae tell me wher I need to take ya this night lass. Nice as it may be, I think ye might want somewhere besides me car to sleep"

Heidi blinked her eyes at this, unable to really comprehend or understand this situation. So he was doing this because he wanted to? Not because he expected anything in return? Shaking her head, she cleared her throat. “Yes, I know I haven’t given you an address yet. I’m sorry, I’m just really shocked right now. And for once I don’t mean to offend someone, that someone being you, by assuming the worst from you but that’s all I’ve known. You genuinely want me to have these treats? Just because...and not for anything in return? Anything at all?” He was probably going to think she wanted him to ask for something in return by the way she kept pushing it. She wasn’t. She was just so shocked. This was a true first that someone did not want anything in return from her.

Áedán shrugged.
"Nay. Lass, I know the circles ye be in, and that nothin' comes fer free in them. But me Ma raised me right, taught me not tae be takin' advantage of a lady. An' tha' being kind to a person who looks as though they could use such costs ye nothin' that will do me any harm. And ye look likeye could use a bit o' kindness in yer life lass. So...the only tasks I be doin' fer Gideon is protection and transportation. I see nothin' that would make me give ye anythin' but kindness and some respect." He told her honestly. Most of his crew thought he was more than a little mad, but Gideon appreciated him, liked how he had a code to hi, stuck by it. A man with principles was a rare thing in these circles. And Gideon had never asked Áedán to do anything that might compromise those principles, something that had not gone unappreciated.

Once more, her eyes blinked and she still looked shocked but she was also impressed. “I had no idea such a person existed.” She nodded her head slowly. “Thanks Áedán.” Heidi let her armor chink long enough for a real smile, such a thing that never graced her face since she was eight, to appear onto her face. But it faded as quickly as it came. She had a reputation after all and she wasn’t about to turn into a sobbing mess just because one person showed her kindness. For free. And because they wanted to. No, she would just take it as a very small sliver of hope.

“Um, the place is on the corner of 34th and Brock.” She said softly.

He saw it, brief as it might have been, that crack in her mask. But he was polite. And the polite thing to do was not comment on it, adn move on from the moment.
"Have ye there in nae time lass." He told her. He made a left, adn got the car rolling. "Now eat yer treats lass. Ye've the look of a lass that could use a good meal." He winked as he spoke the last few words, letting her know as best he could that it was all meant in good fun and good humour. He pulled the car around a few more corners before coming up to the address that she had asked for. "Now, ye be takin' care o' yerself lass. I've nae doubt that Gideon will have more task fer ya, and little doubt that he'll be sendin' me to make sure ye git where ye need tae be for it." he pat her shoudler gently as he finished, encouragement, a small gesture, but one that was usually good to remind a person that someone thought well enough of them to want to encourage them.

Heidi sat back to enjoy the ride. The quiet was nice. And she was allowed to reflect on his treatment of her. He acted as if he didn’t think of her as a despicable person but an actual person underneath the icy exterior. She smiled to herself, looking out the window. How long had it been? Too long. Even more that it was a man who seemed to show her kindness again without any strings attached. Now that was the funny part since she swore at a younger age to loathe all men for eternity. It was very difficult to hate Áedán.

Hearing his comment, she snorted and turned her face back away from him, laughing a little to herself. “I am a very picky eater.” She decided to go with that rather than elaborate on her obsession about being the size she was and maintaining that. She hadn’t eaten a croissant or anything with butter in it in a long time. Too long. And she was reminded why. But perhaps tonight she could enjoy the splurge and not throw it up. No, not with the kindness behind the sentiment.

Heidi dug into the treats, eating them slowly to savor it since it would be a long while before she ever ate them again. When she finished, she licked her fingers and a satisfied sound came from her. “Thank you.” She said softly. Arriving at her destination, she placed her hand on his and nodded her head. “I’m really glad to have met you Áedán. And I look forward to more car rides.” Leaning over, she placed a soft kiss to his cheek before getting out of the car.

Waving back at him, she went up the steps and took out a key, unlocking the door and letting herself in.

Morning was here, adn Harrison checked himself in the mirror. Not great, but the first aid that had been applied had managed to keep the swelling down, adn the cuts looked like they'd heal well enough. Nothing to scar him. The bruises looked pretty ghastly, but there wasn't anything he could think of to do with that. He sighed, adn turned to see Jane standing in his door, a small bag in her hand.
"What's up?" He asked her.
"I...wanted to know if I could help you? With the bruising?" She asked. He cocked his head.
"How were you planning to do that?" She smiled.
"I'm a teenaged girl Harry. I have makeup. Let me help? They might not like you showing up like that to help teach a class." Harrison smiled, and nodded, sitting down on the bed.

Jane ran a few experiments, applying concelaer and foundation, hunting for a good match to Harrison's skin tone. It took a little more time than she'd guessed, but by the end, it was done, and Harrison looked good as he ever di. A little scuffed from the cuts, but they were small. He looked more like he'd fallen down adn hit his face or the like. A minor accident. Or a fight with someone particularly bad at the action. It was a vast improvement. Harrison nodded, seeing himself in the mirror.
"Thanks Jane. You're a lifesaver." He said as he hugged her around the shoulders. She smiled, looking inordinately pleased with herself. She packed up her back, and head off. She ahd to go to school, while Harrison was still out due to the flooding. He wanted to go check on things with Gideon.

Jaime had made a trip to the school, making a wonderful excuse about how he wanted ot get some materials so that he could keep working on the yearbook. Thusly, he'd been allowed in to gather his archives up, and bring them home. He wanted them close by. And besides, he did want to add a few thigns into them. He'd heard a few stories this morning that he wanted to go add in, since it looked like the fabric of the school was going to be changing very quickly. He only hoped that Mal was still planning on making good on talking to Esther. She might have a little more time, since if the storiees were true, Abby might have a harder time than normal getting to talk to the track team.

Mallory lay in bed, on her side and stared with a blank stare out the window that was covered by her sheer curtains, letting very minimal sunlight flush through. There was a bottle of oxy on her bedside table, opened and still full. She took two and she felt better, but not as much as she wanted to be. The physical pain was dulled but the emotional toil of what she had gotten herself into...that would never go. Sitting up slowly, she took out another two pills and swallowed them down with a shot of vodka. Much better.

Esther woke up in her mom’s bed, her back to her. She turned onto her back and looked over at her and smiled. Mrs. Martin opened her eyes and looked at her. “Want to play hooky?”
“I think school is still out. So you’d be playing hooky.”

“I can manage one day. I have plenty of vacation hours stored up.” She smiled.
“Mother-daughter day of fun?” Esther asked.
“Want to go shopping?”
“Yes.” She smiled broadly.
“Invite Abby and Mallory, we’ll make it a girl’s day.”

“Sounds good. Love you Mom.” She kissed her cheek before getting out of bed to make the calls.
Abby was down but she wasn’t able to reach Mallory. Mallory did text back a few moments later saying she was still under the weather but to buy something fetching in honor of her. That was something Esther and Abby could promise to do.

Harrison stepped into the pub, looking around to make sure that there was nothing he needed to worry about in the place. No one reacted to his presence. He crossed tot he bar, adn sat dfown. Conner looked at him and nodded, setting a pint of ale down for him. Harrison nodded in thanks, adn drained the glass in a single long pull. Conner smiled faintly and jerked his head at the back room. Harrison head to the room.

Gideon was there, Harrison was starting to wonder if the man ever left the pub. Gideon simply looked up and nodded.
"Any word then?" Harrison asked.
"Aye. The fixer be takin' care fo it. The lad has been spoken to. There be amn that fits the profile of doin' a thing like this, an it'll be fixed on him. Police cannae find the man, so it be no skin off his back." Gideon explained. harrison nodded, glad that this was over, and also that no one seemed ot be hurt by shifting the blame from Jane.
"Thank you sir. Is there anything you need from me?"
"Nay lad. Take it easy fer a few days. I may have need of ye soon, but see to your sister. The lass may be needin' her brother in these times."
"Thank you again. Call me when you've need of me." Harrison took his leave.

The rumour mill was going in full force. Texts were flying between the students of the school, word reaching many that there had been a fight, a bigger one than anyone could remember breaking out. And what was more, it seemed like members of the track team were not going to be on the team for a long time, with serious injuries going around. One or two of Abby's contacts had sent her some details, sounding wildly out of proportion, since one of the contacts alledged that Chad was in fact in the hospital, and was in the process of dying from stab wounds. It was a strange time to be a student it seemed.

Abby knocked frantically on Esther’s door, and when it opened, she was knocking on Esther’s face, not realizing.

“Ow! Ow!” She slapped Abby’s hands away. “That’s my face!”
“Sorry! But it’s urgent.”
“What?”
“Chad’s in the hospital?”

“What?!”
“Yeah. Rumor has it he got jumped by a bunch of gang bangers. He and the majority of the track team are hospitalized!”
Anxiety, fear and serious trepidation gnawed at her. “Should we--”
“Yes!”

“Mom?!” Explaining to her mom wasn’t exactly easy but she was quick to agree to let the girls go to the hospital, driving them there herself. Esther, still dressed in her knit shorts, tank top with a jacket pulled over it--though she did remember to swap out her Snorlax slippers for actual flip flops--and practically ran into the hospital.

“Where is he?”
“Young lady, I need you to calm down. Where is who?”
Abby put a hand on Esther’s shoulder to brace her. Though the appearance of her mom beside them helped to really calm her down. No need to cause a scene in front of her. Then she’d really think she lost her marbles.

“We’re here to hopefully visit a friend of ours. His name is Chad Ward.”
“Oh yes, the young man among several other high school boys. Yes, well visiting time is happening right now but he needs his rest so please try not to make it too long.” The nurse supplied, then gave his hospital room number to them.

The women packed into the elevator to go to the third floor. Good news was that at least it wasn’t the ICU floor, which was the first floor. So perhaps the rumors were greatly exaggerated of his dire condition.

Once at his room, Abby and her mom offered to stay outside while Esther went in. So she did, hands in the pockets of her jacket, walking in actually quite nervously, considering the fact they weren’t on the best of terms right now. “Chad?”

Abby’s phone lit up and she opened the multimedia file. Her eyes widened and she quickly shut it. “Excuse me Miss Martin, I need to make a phone call.” Esther’s mom nodded and Abby walked off, calling Jaime. What the hell did she just see? Was that really Mallory?

Chad looked to the door, hearing a voice that he didn't expect to hear. He saw Esther enterign the room. He kenw that there was a point in time no so long ago he'd have actually been glad to see her. He started to sneer, but that quickly ended in a hiss of pain, the movement of his facial muscles setting off his face in a wave of pain.

Chad didn't look good.

His face was a mess, small cuts scattered on it from his fall tot he ground, and both of his eyes were ringed in the dark bruising that defined the term 'black eye'. His nose was taped up, but it was swollen, still looking misshapen to some degree. It was clear that the doctors were not yet done with him.
"Esther. Come to see if the rumours were true?" He asked her. He couldn't actually muster up much real anger now, not since he'd tried to settle the whole account and landed himself here. He leaned back int he bed, glad it was raised to leave him in largely a sitting position. "Thought how things ended between us was pretty clear. Why'd you come Esther?"

What did she expect? For him to see her, be happy to see her and all to be magically resolved? No, she knew better. Still, she didn’t think he would expect the worst reason for her to come and see him. With a soft sigh, she slid her hands out of her pockets and rubbed them together. They sweaty. Which meant she was really nervous. “No, I didn’t come to see if they were true. I just came to see you.” She said softly, mustering the courage to step forward to the foot of his hospital bed, but not going any closer.

It actually pained her to see him like this. He looked like he was in pain. The state of his face looked like it hurt like a bitch. Even she wouldn’t have wished this on him. “Regardless of how things ended Chad, it doesn’t mean I don’t care about you. I heard that you were in the hospital and rushed over here. I needed to see that you were okay. The rumor mill has it that you’re dying.” She laughed lightly. “I didn’t want to believe it. Somehow I think you’d outlive us all just on wit, gumption and arrogance alone.” Which was, in her own way, a compliment. His arrogance was a reflection of his strength. “How are you feeling?” it was probably a stupid question, open for more hostility from him toward her but at this point she’d take it. She figured it would work out better if one of them remained civil and she didn't expect him to.

Chad wanted to snort at the question, but knew if he did it would likely send off enough pain to have him pass out.
"Like I got my nose broken, and then someone punched it after the fact." he answered. And it was the truth. He'd been listening to the talk around him, and knew that what had happened to him wasn't minor. He remembered the punch, that feeling of white hot blinding pain more intense than anything that he could ever conceive of. "And from what I can hear, I'm going to need reconstructive surgery to make sure I don't have a nose that looks like a smashed fruit." He admit this last with a sigh. "So yeah. I'm awesome. Better than Cory came out anyway. Guy's got no fucking eye now."

This while thing had been a cluster fuck. And what was more, a very calm and serious Irishman had been by to let Chad know in no uncertain terms what had really happened, and what he was going to be telling people if he valued his health and well-being. Chad knew where the man had come from, who had sent him, and he knew full well that it wasn't an idle threat. So until he heard otherwise anything that was asked of him was being given the official treatment that he'd been told.

Esther dismissed the way he answered it and focused on the details present. Not only was his nose broken but he would need actual reconstructive surgery. That was...insane! They were in high school! Did stuff like this actually happen? Stupid question...considering she was looking at the answer right in front of her. Apparently it did. Talk about having her sheltered bubble popped! Although...that may have happened already. What a mess things were…

Her eyes nearly bugged out of her sockets at the mention of his friend. He lost an eye! That was even more insane than needing reconstructive surgery! Not that Chad’s predicament paled in comparison to his friend’s, though it kind of did when one compared a broken nose to the loss of an eyeball, but it seemed worse. She actually cringed at the thought of losing her eyeball, her hand absently coming to touch just under her eye, as if to make sure it was still there.

“I’m really sorry Chad. For both you and your friend.” Looking to him and then down to his hand, she placed hers over his. Even if he flinched, glared at her, spat at her or wrenched his hand away from the audacity she had to touch his, she didn’t care. “If there’s anything I can do, please let me know. I’d like to help. Whether it’s...playing checkers, or bringing you updates on sports, or...porn or something, I’d like to be here for you.” She paused, giving his hand a gentle squeeze before taking it back. “If you let me that is. I know the way we left things wasn’t...the greatest. Yes, you cheated, and then I did, but the way I handled it…” she shook her head. “Not my finest moment.” She looked down.

“I know you’re in a lot of pain right now and might not care or remember this conversation depending on the painkillers they have you on right now, but I want to be here for you.” What was the worst he could do if he didn’t want her company, even if she still came? Yell at her? Be rude? She could take it. She was a Martin after all. This was just one of life’s trials; the seriously injured, rightfully disgruntled ex-boyfriend.

Chad looked away as Esther spoke. It was bugging him, that all of this had fallen out because he had been looking for a conquest. As it turned out, he could have done a lot worse if he'd been looking for an actual relationship. But frankly, Esther didn't deserve to get stuck with someone like him. He knew himself well enough to know that it would have ended badly, and it would have been his fault. No one was right here. But it would have been him eventually. There was a mild scuffle from the hall, and Cory made his way into the room, one hand on the rolling unti for his IV.
"Hey Chad. Oh! Fuck, sorry, didn't know you had company." Cory apologized, nodding at Esther. Cory looked a bit thinner than he had been, and one side of his face was largely bandaged, a pad of gauze over his eye socket.

"Fuck dude, how are you out of bed?" Chad asked quickly. Cory tapped the IV.
"The very finest of medical opiates my friend. I might actually be floating off the ground, I can't really tell." Cory gave a grin, and Chad could see that his remaining eye was dark, mostly covered in pupil. Pie eyed was the young man, stoned off his rock. "ANd thanks for coming by Esther, it's good of you. More than Chad here deserves probably." Chad sighed but didn't dispute it.
"Thanks for coming by Esther. It...was good to see you." Chad admit. The admission did cost him something, but it was a price that he'd been due to pay a long time ago.

Back
Top Bottom