Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Their Journey Through the Path (Fancy_Brat and I)

Lord Dakol

Supernova
Dairiku sighed; he had trudged through the grass this far from his home and this is where it gets him!? The initial clothing he had worn when he started was definitely ruined, not letting him wear it if he wanted to be proud. Now, he had a thin pair of dark red clothes underneath a black cloak. But a small smile grew on his lips. He saw a small village not far from where he was and thanked the Creator for the turn of good luck.

"Finally!" he exclaimed, breaking into a sprint down the path and watching as the village became larger and larger.

Minagi grumbled softly as she headed outside of her home. All around her, people were running around buying food and other things they needed. It was always busy around here since it was one of the only areas with such a wide variety of food. However, because of this, they were the targets of bandits, but this town was able to fight back all thanks to her father. Her father worked in a small armory, making some of the best kinds of weapons, which would help them against attacks. since she was his daughter, she was expected to help him with things, and even take over when he died. She clearly wasn't fond of that idea, and just wanted to get outside more.

She sighed softly as she walked outside. She was taking her little break from an order for a long sword. Her arms were killing her, but from her hard work all these years, she had some rather toned arms. for now, she was wearing a tight white shirt with a pair of loose brown shorts. In her spare time, she would go out for food, sometimes getting it free. However, she was rather good with some weapons herself. She was very skilled with a bow that he made, and she knew how to use some of those blades she and her father made.

Being just sixteen, Dairiku still didn't know much about the world outside of his, other than the off-chance when he ran into a pair of bandits. He was lucky that time; they had gotten angry at each other and had a fight to the death. So, obviously, the boy was able to escape, but not without the sacrifice of his royal clothes. His light blue hair bobbed along the way as he ran towards the town, huffing lightly as his stomach lightly growled.

He entered the town limits, not watching his footing as he was looking for a place to stay for the night. His watchful eyes hadn't noticed the girl that had walked out of her house, and would possibly run into her and cause a hurtful collision.

The 18-year old girl had started to take u her bow again, going into the back where she was always practicing her accuracy. Ahead on the wall were a few targets with plenty of holes in them. There were also shattered plates on the ground, which she would toss and then shoot at. For the most part, she could be quite a warrior, if she wasn't forced to stay here all the time. She shot a few arrows, nailing a couple bulls-eyes for her. She was about to shoot off another before she felt something suddenly run into her side, throwing off her aim and making her shoot the arrow straight up. She landed on the ground, groaning slightly as she hit the ground. "Hey! Mind watching where you're going?!" she snapped, clearly annoyed. Not long after, the arrow had come down a couple meters from them.

Dairiku hit the ground with a hard thud, grunting as he sat up with effort. "Ow..." he muttered, glancing at the girl and blushing out of embarrassment. "I-I'm sorry, ma'am." he muttered, looking down as he stood up and brushed off his clothes. Closing his eyes for a moment, he looked at the girl and reached out his hand towards her to help her up.

Young boys these days were always up and about being rowdy. She hadn't seen him around here before, and she was surprised that someone as young as him was traveling alone. She dusted herself a few times, looking as he offered his hand. Not looking to be impolite, she took it, pulling herself up. She looked down to him, seeing that he was a few inches shorter than her. "Just be careful next time all right?" she muttered, still with a slight hint of agitation. "What are you in such a rush for anyway?"

Dairiku smiled for a moment until he noticed that he was shorter than her, in which he let out a small noise of surprise. Thinking quickly, he replied, "I just arrived. I was looking for a place to stay for the night. Y'see, I'm kind of on a... journey." he said, biting his bottom lip gently.

"I'll say you did. You're not a familiar face around here. Everyone here knows everyone else." She had a strange look on her face at his reaction to seeing her taller. Well, there are a couple inns here, though I must admit that they aren't exactly the best places to stay." She looked back down to him, a little grin on her face. "A journey? Someone like you? I don't know if you're exactly to journey-type."

Dairiku cocked his head in confusion, "What do you mean?" he asked, obviously not smart about the way things work in this kind of place. Once she questioned him about his journey, he looked down shyly and twiddled his fingers. "Um... it's hard to explain. I'm not exactly from around here and in the general area..." he muttered nervously. "I'm a..."

Minagi grumbled a bit at how clueless he was. For a moment she pondered if she should try and explain it, but decided against it. "Huh? What's so hard to explain about heading out somewhere huh? And I already know you're not from around here. I mean, your get-up is rather odd."

Dairiku looked up at her, raising an eyebrow, "Get-up?" he inquired, then glanced at his clothes, "Oh. Well... never mind what I am. What your name?" he asked before quickly adding, "Oh, I'm Dairiku."

Minagi was about to snap back at him, something about how it was common courtesy to give your name first before asking for others'. He had managed to correct himself though. "My name is Minagi, though I like Mina better. My father is the blacksmith in this town, and that means I have to help him out with stuff. I will admit that he can make some rather top-notch weaponry, but I don't think you're interested in that kind of stuff."

Once she said the word 'blacksmith', Dairiku moving his right hip slightly as something vibrated. "Well, actually..." he began, then moved his red shirt to reveal a black hilt with a several small encrusted jewels. Slipping it out of his pant space, the dagger turned out to be perfect silver, which was something that was rare to come by these days.

Minagi raised er eyebrow slightly as he moved a bit, not exactly sure of what he was going to show her. Then again, young men were always looking to be off on their own in some crazy adventure. Of course someone like him would be interested in that kind of thing. Her eyes widened slightly as he pulled out the dagger. When it came to weaponry, daggers weren't the best choice if you were alone, but it was the quality of it that caught her eye. "Hmm? How in the world did you manage to get your hands on this huh? From what I know, silver's been restricted to certain people, mainly royalty though." Even as she said that, she didn't think he would come from a royal family. He didn't look the part, and she found it odd that a royal youth would be about on his own anyway.

"Um, that doesn't really matter where I got it, right?" Dairiku asked, slapping himself mentally for showing her the dagger. "Anyway... do you know of a place that I could stay for the night?" he inquired, trying to get her mind of the weapon as he sheathed it back into the side of his pants. He needed to keep it a secret that he came from a very wealthy and royal family, so no one got any ideas that would seem... distasteful.

"Huh? That's a rather strange reaction for having something so valuable. But my eyes don't lie. that's quite a thing you've got there. However, if you're really out on some journey, that's not the most helpful thing to have around if you find yourself in a pinch. She figured she wouldn't think about that for now. "Well, I don't know if my father would say anything about having someone else over for the night. Then again, I have nothing against it, mainly because your weapon intrigues me."

Dairiku eyes brows perked up with a wide smile. "If it's any problem, I could pay you." he said, patting the bag on his right hip, opposite of the dagger. "Well, it's helped me." he replied with a small smile as he glanced around.

Minagi waved her hand a bit to deny the offer. "As much as I would like it, I'd rather take your money only if you were buying something. either way, I don't think it'll be a problem. I'm sure he won't mind too much. I can make arrangements." she said. "He may look a bit scary, but he's a pretty nice person."

Dairiku nodded and shrugged. Perhaps her father would accept his payment. With another glance, he waited for her to lead the way. "Thank you, Mina. Sincerely." he said as they began to walk, ignoring some of the curious looks people were giving him.

"Yeah, I'll go ask him now." she said, quickly heading off to the house. He could see that her house was right next to the little shack they made weapons in. She was in there for a few minutes, leaving Dairiku outside on his own for a while. She came out to him, a little grin on her face. "Well, he said it was fine. He's rather interested in your dagger as well. He also mentioned that you had a rather odd name." she said with a little chuckle.

Dairiku cocked his head, "Odd name? What does he mean, 'odd'?" he asked, placing a hand on his hip with a slightly scowl.

Minagi chuckled softly at his reaction. "Well, you don't have to think so much about it. I'm sure he's just joking around. It is a rather unique name though." She let out a little sigh, looking around. "Well, it's not really that late right now. Unless you're planning to sleep now, you might as well look around. You'll probably find something here to buy. We get tons of travelers coming here for food and weapons."

Dairiku nodded suspiciously, though he would ask her father about it later though. Looking around, he looked down at his clothes and suddenly felt out of place. "I need new clothes." he said embarrassingly, a nervous smile coming onto his lips. "Do you have a place I could go see?"

"New clothes huh? Well, luckily we have a couple places for you to go. They have a few things that'll have you looking good in no time." She started to lead him through the village, passing some people that were indeed looking at them rather strange. She stopped in front of a small shop, turning to face him. "well, it's not exactly the biggest selection, but maybe you'll find something here."

Sighing, Dairiku looked at the shop. It wasn't like it was back home; this shop was much smaller and less exquisite than what he was used to. It was going to take some getting used to. "All right. Mind helping me?" he asked, walking inside and moving his fingers slowly and carefully.

Back
Top Bottom