Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Vampire: The Masquerade - Boston by Night - OOC

Updated my own specialties also (she was more of a model than an actor and would have been hired for how well she looked on camera - could likely easily get work at that again from an agent if needed), and her experiences have made her very in touch with the emotions or others.

Just as a note on Jean-Luc if I am reading things right (and no conversation which I am not privy to has occurred), I think your humanity should be 7 rather than 5 (self control+compassion) - he also seems to have an extra point of talents to spend (assuming that the 4th dot of expression was freebies), on the downside he doesn't seem to have the linguistics merit (1 dot to learn a second language).

Dammit, I missed that. Yes, you'll need to change that mystictiger.

My mind must have been elsewhere at the time. You should go over your character to make sure everything is according to the rules I posted; all dots spent and all freebie points accounted for, linguistics purchased as a merit and choose either old flame or rival sires. They are minor issues though, so once they are fixed your character will be approved again.

My understanding was that Humanity was calculated before you spend freebies. As in, even if you raise virtues with freebies, they don't flow on into your Humanity score:
Virtues are part of the Advantages section of character creation
Humanity is the first part of the Final Touches section
Freebies are the last section

I had left the one floating dot because I couldn't work out how to do languages in V20. I clearly missed the linguist merit!

Oh right, well, to simplify it I'm just going to rule that humanity is your final total of the virtues. Then nobody will get confused, and you will have a higher humanity. Dont worry, there will be plenty of opportunities to lose it again. :p

And yeah, languages are bought as a merit, simply 1 dot per language, instead of the old way of doubling number of languages per dot. Its much simpler this way.

Hope all is still good here. Might update the background to have some named characters if I get a chance (and if it seems to flow correctly).

I pm'ed lilithsboy and Princes to see if they are still interested, since I have not heard from them in a week now. We may need to start with just the two of you, depending on their answers, and let them fall in when ready, or recruit new players as we go along.

This actually brings up a good point. Activity. This is an rp for 3-5 people, which means the pacing will probably be slow'ish, but please try to be as active as possible, so as to not keep the rest of the group waiting. If you need a leave of absence just pm me and we can arrange something, but if for whatever reason you disappear without a word and leave the rp hanging, I will assume control of your character and write it out of the rp, permanently... I'm totally serious.

Sounds good - I have a trip at the end of next week until the beginning of May so might be erratic (or might not be), but by and large should be able to post frequently enough.

I too have a trip coming up, but I should be able to reply. If I don't reply within 48-72 hours of a post, please assume that I-the-player have died >.>

Ok. Both Princess and lilithsboy are out. I will write up the beginning post sometime later today I think.

Until we find another player or two I can add a character of my own to the group, just temporarily to fill out the group. If any of you know someone who might be interested, please feel free to direct them to the interest thread.

Happy enough to have NPCs running around - but always a bit curious as to how groups work in vampire (often they seem to work better on individual tasks for group benefit and meeting mostly as Elysium rather than running around town together).

When running Vampire, I generally only group the vamps together for specific tasks. For example, the Prince requires you to do [x], or you all have domains in a similar area, and face a common threat. Otherwise, they tend to spend their time doing typical vampire things - writing bad poetry, having angst, listening to 80s metal...

Sure, there will be times when your characters are doing solo stuff, but at least initially you will be together a lot.

RP is up btw. http://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=73714

So as mentioned I am away this evening until early May - hope to be able to check and post periodically but don't know the true availability yet.

Sorry sorry, been a little bit busy the past few days, and Star Wars and Dark Souls have taken up most of my spare time. I'm working on my replies now, should be up tonight or tomorrow.

You are both free to post without me though.

The bartender's tattoo looks something like this.

Just in shades of red, orange and yellow, like a sunset, and with "rays" all around its head.

2dw8f11.png

Erinye said:
You are both free to post without me though.

Just wanted to check what you mean by this - for Mary I am kind of waiting on you to progress the story.
Do you mean spinning additional stories and scene setting?

Oh, did both of you post already?

I mean, if the two of you start rp'ing together, like having a conversation or something, you dont have to wait for me, just rp all you want. I will get around to it shortly.

Heh, likewise I guess I dont have to wait on mystictiger, huh? *facedesk* Sorry, I WILL give you a reply today. :p

EDIT: There we go.

This is just sort of an introduction to a larger story really. Just go with it, and I'll have you cross paths soon enough.

Liking the game - well written and contains the horror and confusion element I would expect from Vampire.
My only concern is on the posting rate as it seems a bit spread out - understand that storytelling is difficult and time consuming, but just wanted to mention it.

Hope all is well.

All is well. I just have a lot going on at the moment, so replies may be a little slow. Sorry.

Back
Top Bottom