Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

For nightsorceress

Lily refused to give this sick bastard and satisfaction. She bite down on her lips so as not to scream. She focused on something else anything else. first her parents and there smiling faces then her beloved lake were she sat for hours. And then another's face filled her mind. Kurokami. She didn't know why but she focused on almost willing him to come here.

When things had seemed like they were at there worst, Sammael was suddenly struck in the back by a bolt of lightning.

"Sammael...leave her alone!"

Kurokami stood with one hand crackling with electricity. He threw another jolt that Sammael deflected with a magic shield. Sammael retaliated by throwing several fireballs in Kuro's direction. The black-haired warlock was faster than he looked, but Sammael was able to fake out one shot and struck Kurokami directly in the chest. He reeled back in pain, but his robe, surprisingly, did not catch fire. Sammael took advantage of his staggering, however, by tossing him a new projectile, a dark sphere that seemed to suck in the light itself. "Be consumed by darkness!" He shouted.

Lily heard Kurokami's voice she grew happier. The dark Warlock had stopped his attack on her and focused it on Kurokami. She scrabbled to the edge of her cage and watch as Kurokami was attacker. She grew angery and sent a fire ball at Sammeal

As if acting on some uncanny instinct, Sammael batted aside Lily's fireball as though it were nothing; he didn't even turn his head! The orb of darkness collided with Kurokami, causing him to stumble backwards.

"You may possess the powers of vile darkness, Sammael, but even the tiniest flicker of light will drive that away!" Kurokami's hands began to glow brightly. "You picked the wrong sorceror to mess with, for I have the sun behind me!" At that moment, he put his hands together, and a blindingly-bright beam of light shot out of his hands toward Sammael. He tried to deflect it with a beam of darkness, but it was easily torn through. Sammael grunted painfully as he was overwhelmed by the light.

Suddenly, the light attack seized, and Sammael got back to his feet. Kurokami was laying face-down in the dirt with a trident shoved into his back, Sammael's imp stood over him!

Lily couldn't believe what she had just done she didn't know where that power came from. She watch as Kurokami seemed to over power Sammael. But then all to soon if faded. Kurokami was face down in the dirt and i little being loomed behind him. Lily didn't know what came over her as she shattered the bones of her cage and rushed to Kurokami side. "Kurokami, no Kurokami" Lily carefully grabbed the object from Kurokami's back and hurried it at the im trying to hit him. Her focus then turned to try and stop Kurokami's bleeding.

Kurokami grunted and strained to get back up, but he could only manage to get to his knees. Sammael was conjuring up several orbs of darkness to surround the two.

"This...this will finish you both!" Sammael screamed as hundreds of dark orbs circled Kurokami and Lily. Just one of them was enough to kill most normal people; a hundred is overkill.

"Lily...le...lend me your power!" Kurokami moaned out in pain. "Lend me your power now!"

Lily didn't even noticed Sammael as she to busy tending to Kurokami. She watched as he started to sit up she tried to easy him up. Thats when she saw Sammael. She grew a afraid. "my power what i don't know what you mean." Lily looked back and forth between them and saw orbs forming around them. She grabbed Kurokami's hand out of fear "Take what you need of me, but i don't know what you mean"

Kurokami gripped her hand tightly, and soon Lily felt herself being drained a bit. Kurokami slowly stood up on his feet with newfound determination. "Sammael, you will leave this woman alone!" The dark orbs suddenly rushed in for the pounce, all at once, when they suddenly faded away as quickly as they came. Through the smoke of the burning town, Lily could see that Sammael had been impaled on a stalagmite of ice that had suddenly emerged from the ground, his body twitching sporadically.

All Lily felt tired all of a sudden. To weak to hold her own head up. But she fought through it and watched as the smoke cleared and now Saw what happen. She Sammael dangling from a spike made of ice and gasped. She took a deep breath and struggled to her feet and move to Kurokami's side "Kurokami, what happen, what was that all about? are you alright?" So many many things running through her mind in that moment

nightsorceress said:
"Kurokami, what happen,
((Somebody set us up the bomb!))
((Sorry, I couldn't resist. Now back to the action...))

Sammael suddenly clenched his fist and an aura of fire erupted around him, instantly melting the stalagmite sticking through his chest. He stumbled on the ground and looked to the two, his eyes burning with hatred. "You...you...a thousand curses on both of you! You will rue the day you dared stand against Sammael!" The flaming aura engulfed him completely, and both of them disappeared like a light.

Kurokami held Lily in his arms. "Lily...are you all right? We need to get you someplace safe!" He threw a large block of ice on one of the burning buildings. When the fire melted it, the resulting water put out the flames.

Lily held on to Kurokami's tightly. Even after it seemed to be over she still clung to him. She trembling like a leaf. It had been to much until now she thought what Kurokami told her about witches and powers was just something to live with but now someone was to kill her. And she didn't even understand the reason why. Lily couldn't answer him her head was it is own fog.

Kurokami picked her up in his arms and carried her over to her house, which thankfully was far from the sight of the fire. "Just sleep it off. You'll be fine." He then ran back out of the house, presumably to put out the fires before they spread any further.

Lily laid down in her bed. Perhaps she would awaken from this nightmare. Her eyes closed and begged for sleep to take over. Hoping it was all just a dream. Her sleep was restless for most part until his face filled her mind again. She didn't understand what it was but she knew that Kurokami shared a bond, a connection. She just didn't know if he felt it to.

Lily a woke hoping that she had dreamed the hell she just went through but the smell of smoke hung heavy in the air. Lily sat up slowly unsure what to do now everything was lost now.

As Lily had sorted through her mind, there was at least one thing she remembered: while Kurokami was carrying her, she didn't feel his robe pressing against her, only his bare skin.
((Forgot to add that detail))

Kurokami returned to check up on Lily around the time she had awakened. "The fires are no more. I'm just concerned about you now. How are you feeling?"

Lily watched as he entered the room. She then looked at the floor. She didn't have the heart to lie to him. "weak and confused. I mean what could have Sammael wanted with me?! And how did i conjure up that fire ball or break out of the bone cage. And oh god you were hurt! are you ok?"

Kurokami leaned forward and put a hand on his back. "I...I'll walk it off. What's important is that Sammael was attacking you, and you need to run away should you meet him again. I'm doing my best to keep him from you. Now, is there anything I can get for you?"

"no there is nothing." An image of the charred bodies flashed through her mind "is there anything left my town, did anyone serve?" Lily questioned softly hoping her parents had made it out alive but she could not be certain.

"Your family is safe and sound. I acted quickly and made sure to minimize the damage done." Kurokami said. "Now then..." His robe shifted into that of a chef's outfit. "Are you hungry?"

Lily breathed a sigh of relief when she heard that her parents were ok. She knew though she couldn't stay with them much longer for fear they might be attacked again. Lily giggled as she saw his robe change "no thank you." She said with a warm smile. "Kurokami is it possiable for you to show me how my powers work so incase we are attacked again i can do something about it." What Lily didn't know was that her powers were weak and would grow over time.

"Your powers? Oh, your powers will improve with just a little patience and training. Just stay in bed until you're well rested." He frowned at her declining his offer, and his outfit sadly faded back to its default one. "You'll be able to cast spells as easily as me one day, just you wait."

"But i need to know now incase Sammael comes back." Lily rose from the bed watching his clothes change again. Lily moved closer to him she reached for his hands holding them in hers. Her gleaming purple eyes locked on his. "i know you will leave me soon you always do, so i need to know as much as possiable" Lily speak softly to there was a tone of saddness in voice when she said he would leave soon.

"Hmmm...well, I guess I'll try to train you to the best of my abilities before I leave again. There's a reason I can't stay here, you know!" Kurokami gripped her hands in his.

Lily wrinkled her forehead at a moment "oh and what is that?" Deep down and lily's heart she feared that he needed to get back to someone. that he loved some one. She don't know why but she feared to hear him speak of such things.

"I have had the curse of Famine with me..." Kurokami said, turning around. "If I stay in one place to long, the land around me will wither away until it becomes an uninhabitable wasteland. That's why I'm always on the move, so that I won't affect your homeland." He hung his head. "It was me that caused the Sun Kingdom to become a wasteland...that is how I learned of my curse."

"well isn't there some way to break your curse as you put it. I mean there has to be away. If you don't know what it i could help you look for it." Lily didn't know what came over her but she felt a strong need to help him.

Back
Top Bottom