Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Roleplays that have a resolved ending

Have you had a roleplay end with the plot resolved?

• Yes

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hiya BlueMoon!

So I'm not generally one to come up with such threads. But I was struck with an idea a few minutes ago. One of my longest running stories just completed, and I realized that it was the first time I've yet done an rp here that had a resolved and complete ending. It wasn't rushed, but was played out and everything in the story was pretty much resolved.

So I thought I'd pose a question to my fellow roleplayers. How many of y'all have had rp's end with a truly resolved ending. And if you have experienced that, to what frequency has that occurred.

Obviously people who've been around for a while have probably seen it more. But it just seems like something that doesn't seem to happen often.

Anyways, enough of my rambling.
:heart::heart: Tori :heart::heart:

It's happened twice in the eighteen years I've been writing with other people.

With a record like that, one wonders why I keep on writing with people. :D

I think with the fickle nature of muses, and chances of real-life intervening at some stage over a lengthy period, it's probably not overly common.

I've only ever had one with a resolved ending, however, currently have two more with their finales in clear sight, so am keeping my fingers crossed for those.

This is what I'm realizing. Having an rp end properly is so rare . I'm excited and thankful to my partner Nadie for having shared in it.

this is totally duplicated but who cares xD

I've had two completed via threads and a few completed via PMs (can't remember how many exactly, but they're not a lot). I have one that approaching an ending soon, and one where I have confidence in both the script and partner for it to also come to fruition.

I have had one roleplay completed in all of my fourteen years of roleplaying and I totally miss that partner.

Never. And it's because the stories I develop with my partners are normally so complex, including plot and character development, that it would take years of roleplaying to really end on a resolved note unless we both agreed to take the story to a resolved ending. I'm very pro-active with my roleplays. I stay in touch with all of my partners to bounce around ideas during play. This is a collaborative effort, after all. Generally though, my roleplays terminate for the usual reasons, either someone loses interest or life kicks in and interferes. But I think that's kind of the circle of life, per say, within the online roleplaying community.

I've been really lucky to get 2-3 to an endpoint. And I had another one that ended right after the Final Confrontation so even though we didn't wrap up every loose end, I felt like waving a little Mission Accomplished banner.

Back
Top Bottom