Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A world of grey and black

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blake walked along the halls of the high-school. His head hung low his black hair covering most of his grey eyes. Chatter filled the halls as groups of friends hung out and talked. Blake stopped in the middle of the hall looking around. He noticed a familiar door. The music room... he hadn't been inside there for so long. He reached for the golden door knob softly turning it ad the door creaked open. He stood in the door way silent. The only light was from the sun pouring through the windows. There it was... the grand black piano. The thing he desired and the thing that he hated. He hasn't touched a single key in 4 years.

He walked quietly into the room setting his bag on the ground. He sat down in the floor infront of the piano just staring at it. His chest felt empty just looking at the piano. He sighed laying back on the ground staring up at the ceiling. Why did he wonder in here? This room tortured him. He wondered when one of his few friends would come save him.

((HI if you would like to join just post your reply. Just a Lil heads up. Blake was a world renowned piano player at only the age of 10. But when his mother died at the age of 14 he couldn't hear the music playing anymore. He felt like his world was torn away.))

Kira walked through the hallway, as she spotted the familiar figure enter the music room. "Isn't that?.." she'd speak to the girl (Lauren) on her side. She stopped at the door, sneakingly peeking inside to see if he might play. She had allways been curious about the silent boy of her chemistry class. She herself was most often in the spotlight. All the boys seemed to be pleased with her looks: a 5'3" redhead with a small ount of freckles paired with well proportioned curves and two solid C's. She wasn't scared of the attention she got and so her confidence brought her a large following.

Eagerly she waited for him to play, Lauren behind her.

Luke walked along the hallways just like any normal student except for the air of confidence about him, he was 6'3" with short redish brown hair, grey eyes, few frecles accrost his nose with an average body build, though he wasn't a slacker in his grades he was sort of a "bad boy loner" type didn't have any friends really and never truly tryed to talk to anyone not even girls, always getting into fights his arms have a few scares on them that are shown as his sleeves on his school uniform is rolled up his bag over his shoulder. While walking he noticed two girls looking in the old music room and, as it normally does, curiosity got the better of him so walking up to the two girls I tap the one Lauren on the shoulder getting close and wispering.

"What's going on girls what are you looking at."

Emily held her breath as she listened just outside the door. She had watched the others wander in, only two of which she had recognized, and crept up quietly, hoping to hear those sweet lively notes again. A small slip of a girl, she had been scared away early on in her freshman year from letting herself shine when others started accusing her of being a teacher's pet. It wasn't so much that as she had a passion for learning. She coped with bullies by making herself small, as if folding into herself, going as unnoticed as she could. It helped that she was a mere 4'9 and weighed next to nothing. Long black hair was constantly falling into her face, hiding the bright blue eyes that sparkled beneath. She looked down at the skirt the school forced girls to wear, and quickly untangled slender fingers from it. She should go in there. She should pull him away, as she had so many times before, but the very thought of doing it again brought tears to her eyes. She wrapped her arms around herself and squeezed her eyes shut. She would wait, and listen, and wait, and if his voice held that tone again, then she would come to his rescue. But maybe, just maybe... oh please, let him play again....

Noticing the newcomer to the group outside the door Luke turned to her and looked her over, he had noticed her before a small quiet girl who had alot better grades hen he did with a smirk he walked over to her

"Hello....Emily right?"

The girl froze, as if she were little more than a deer caught in the headlights. She slowly tilted her head back to look up at the last classmate she had ever expected to approach her. Her cheeks flushed, and she quickly looked down again, her black hair falling into her face once more to hide her face. How did he notice her? No one ever really noticed her these days. And why was he speaking with her? He, too, had been a quiet one, but of all the people he could be speaking to... it baffled her. Her voice was soft, gentle, barely above a whisper as she answered, "Y-yes... and you're Luke?" She glanced up at him once more, eyes peeking through dark strands.

Smiling wide they she knew his name Luke nodded

"Yes I am, hey if I'm bothering you I can leave you alone.....or I know there are probably some less than flattering rumors about me going around...so if you would rather me stay away..."

Though most of the rumors were true Luke considered himself a decent person, not good not bad just decent and he tryes not to be rude unless needed

" I was wondering if you knew him....when he started playing I saw you smile then you got a distant look on your face and it left"

She hesitated, taken by surprise by the honest smile, then shook her head at his first words. Her voice remained barely above a whisper, but the hint of a smile touched her lips. "I... I don't give much weight to rumors. I know how ugly and damaging they can be." At the question, her smile shrank into a frown once more, and her arms hugged herself a bit tighter. She looked into the room, then inched a bit closer to Luke. Her voice was quieter still, and he might need to lean in to hear her due to their height difference.

"We're neighbors. I used to sit in my room and keep my window open wide. I could listen to him practice and play for hours. He was amazing..." That soft smile returned, but she shook her head and looked down at her feet. "But then, then things happened that aren't my place to say. He stopped playing. He hasn't played for years. I should have gotten one of his friends when I saw him come in here, or gone in there myself, but then I saw Kira go in and I... I thought..." She looked up at Luke, her eyes pleading with him to understand. "She's so pretty and confident and just... I hoped that maybe her confidence would be warm enough to reach him. To melt the ice and snow his heart has been buried under."

Tears spilled freely from her eyes, staining her cheeks, and she ducked her head down and curled a bit in on herself. It was the most anyone would have heard her speak ever since her freshman year.

Luke sat and listened to her for the whole thing and nodded then when she started crying knelt down beside her to get closer

" if there is one thing I do know its this when life is tough it's the friends that don't give up on you that are the ones you need most. Don't give up hope go in and listen and if you think he needs help go to him and if need be I'll stay here for assistance " smiling again I put a hand on her back and push her twords the door gently"

"Oh and don't sell yourself short your pretty as well. Maybe try haveing a bit more faith In yourself"

At first she wiped the tears from her cheeks, which were once more flushed. She looked at him when he knelt beside her, and her eyes widened at his first words. Her chest tightened, and she began to shake her head. It wasn't nearly as easy as it sounded. She didn't resist when he pushed gently upon her back, so unsuspecting that she stumbled forward a few steps before looking back at him. At his next words, her mouth opened, then closed, then opened again before closing once more. Pretty? She hadn't been called that by anyone outside of her family before. A small smile touched her lips before she quickly lowered her head, shielding her face with her hair again. A small and whispered thank you drifted from her lips, and she turned back and moved further into the room.

"Atta girl, and try tucking your hair behind your ear let your eyes be seen just remember be there for him no matter what"

Standing Luke leaned by the entrance to the door putting a glare on his face to any who he thought might try and cause problems of any kind crossing his arms he simply watched and listened to the music

"Not my style but he is very good it would be a shame for the world to lose this sound"

Luke muttered to himself before putting himself in the mindset of the fighter he was used to being

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom