Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The False Bodyguard (rskde and Ms.Goody2shoez94)

Sophie did feel a little bad, there was the slight chance that this all could be real. It was quite possible that he could have lost a family and was down on her luck, but it was hard to decide what was real and what was not. She let him go back to sleep without anymore questions she would save those for when she saw him in the morning.

After cleaning she went to bed. She didn't sleep much, she had too much grief. Instead she cried , she cried all night till she had no more tears left. It was only when all her tears were cried out that she was able to sleepy.

She woke up early and got to work, it had been close to a year since the last time she had been stowed away up here and there was plenty of work that needed to be done. She was up at four in the morning, tending to the small garden that had became overgrown in her abscence.

He wakes up in the morning late, not bothering to get up early like he normally would. He rubs his eyes and yawns, looking around him to attempt to find Sophie, though he doesn't see her. He gets up and walks into the kitchen, making himself a cup of coffee and quickly drinking it.

He walks outside and peeks his head out of the door, spotting her by the gardens. "Morning." He says cheerfully, giving the illusion he had forgotten their conversation from the night before.

"Good morning," by now she was sweaty and covered in dirt, but she had managed to get most of the weeds and overgrown stuff out of the way. "I figured that may end up being holed up here for awhile depending on what my uncle says when he gets, this way we'll have some fresh produce. The longer we're up here my uncle will personally deliver anything that we will think we need. Anyway, I see you made some coffee. I'll be in soon, and I will make us some breakfast."

Sophie came in and cleaned up and turned on the stove. She had a craving for chilaquiles. With the stove hot she fried up some tortilla pieces and sauteed some onions.

He nods to her. "I've got nowhere else to go." He says with a chuckle before walking back into the house, he grabs his gun from the table, swiftly reassembling it, his hands like a blur, the gun like an extension of his hand.

He slips the weapon back into his waistband, walking over to the kitchen again before sitting down, rolling his shoulder. "Damn couch gave me a cramp." He mumbles.

"Ycan complain all you want, but you won't be sleeping anywhere else. I'm sure the couch is much more comfy than a pallet on the floor," she answered not even bothering to turn back and answer him to his face.

It wasn't long before she was coming back to the table with plates of food and the pot off coffee. "Would you like some more, she hadn't had any coffee herself, yet. She lured herself a large cup.

"I'm sure you wouldn't have said the same thing to your other bodyguard." He says to her with his eyebrows raised at her. "I'm here to protect you and you treat me like shit, why?" He asks her. "You can trust me, I'm not here to hurt you, I thought I proved that back at the restaurant, I killed for your safety, do you understand how badly it hurts to take another human life?" He asks.

"I'm human, not your personal lap dog, even though I'm working under you I want respect." He says to her, his arms crossing now.

He was right, she never talked to Rodrigo like that, but he was her best friend. To be honest, he was her only friend. Rodrigo hadn't demaned respect and for her to be nice, he just kept on nudging her until finally she gave in. She had to look at everything to see if she was being harsher with Frank. Sophie was. It was because she had her suspicions, and she was scared that the moment she let down her guard someone would end up hurt. It would either be herself, or her uncle, but someone would be hurt. She couldn't live with that.

"Fine, I will make an attempt to be nicer. It is just the two of us and it's not easy to be with someone who is always grumpy. The thing is, you say I can trust you and I'm just not sure. I'm not sure about anything right now. You need to find a way for you to earn my respect and trust," with that she finished her coffee and left her things in the sink. She went back out to the garden, she needed space from him.

He sighs, it was a start.. "Apparently saving your ass wasn't enough.." He mumbles before standing to explore the house. He walks around with his hands in his pockets, his head looking around as he explores the lush cabin, he discovers every little hiding spot that he possibly can before returning to the couch.

He finds a remote and turns the TV on, deciding to watch some shows to take his mind off of being trapped up in the mountains with the niece of a notorious gang banger.

"You don't mumble under your breath as quietly as you think," she let the door slam behind her. She worked out in the yard until the sun was high in the sky. She was able to save some of the plants, and with in a few day her crops would be back to normal, healthy. Her jacket was off, and her tank top to big hanging loosely on her body, her Nike sports bra clearly visible. She walked past Frank in the living room, "I'll shower then make lunch."

She emerged fifteen minutes later her wet hair in pigtails, some cotton shorts, and another tank top. She loved working on her garden, but she also liked being clean. She didn't say anything as she passed by him again. She just went to making lunch. It wasn't long before she was calling him to the table," it's ready."

He looks up at her when she calls him for lunch, he stands and pauses the show he had been watching before sitting down at the table and digging in, obviously very hungry at this point. "You're an excellent cook." He says, probably the first nice thing he had said to her.

He looks up at her while he eats, studying her face for a moment. "Do you want to do anything today? Might as well spend some time together so we don't strangle each other over boredom and arguments." He says.

"Thanks both of my parents like to cook. Liked to cook," it was still sinking in that both her parents were gone. It had been a long while since she had lost her father. Now that Maria was gone the wounds of her father's death were quite fresh.

"I don't know what I want to do for the day. I already got my tanning session in," her time in the sun had made her a good deal darker than she normally was. An hour in the sun and she would have a tan. I don't know if you noticed the closet, in the living room. There's hundreds of movies, plenty of board games, and the video games in there belonged to Rodrigo. Behind my garden the land dips down and my uncle put a pool there. In my room I have an exstensive library. I read a little bit of everything so its not just a bunch of Nicholas Sparks," she started listing out the things that they could do.

He nods, listening to her speak. "We could go swimming, I haven't been swimming in ages." He admits, work had pretty much prevented him from doing anything fun. "Unless you just want to stay cooped up inside all day." He says with a smile, probably the first genuine smile he'd put on in his time here.

"I'm sure there's an extra pair of swim trunks laying around, I'll go look." He says before standing, he wanders around until he finds a nice pair of swim trunks, replacing his jeans with them and finding her again. "Ready?" He asks her.

He looked a lot more handsome when he smiles, he should do it more often. Realizing where her line of thinking was going she quickly stood up to exit the room."We should go swimming lets go get get changed."

Rodrigo had plenty of clothes in the house, and he was around the same size as Frank. In her mother's room, which doubled as Rodrigo's room, there were plenty of clothes that would fit him in the closet. She wasn't going to tell him that until she changed her opinion about him. She came back out of her room with a white bikini on and some beach towels.

She led the way outside pass the garden and down the hill to where the pool was.

He nods to her, following her outside and down to the pool where he sits by the side, testing out the water before slipping in, completely submerging himself and sitting at the bottom. He reemerges and looks over at her. "The water's nice." He says to her.

He goes under again, exploring the underwater area for a little while before coming up for air, he looks over at her again, his eyes scanning her.. She looks good in a bikini, he looks away before she could catch him staring, or at least he hopes.

"It's been awhile since I've gone swimming and its pretty hot out," she crawled to the edge of the pool and dipped her hand in it. It was completely freezing. "You lied, the water is completely freezing. There's not way that I can get in," she splashed his face with some water a teasing smile on her face.

"I will sit here on the edge," she couldn't help the faces she made as she stuck her legs in the water.

He laughs when she realizes how cold the water is, he just laughs harder when she splashes him with it, he retreats to the other side of the pool and sits his back against the wall while looking over at her, shaking his head.

"Cmon!" He calls out, wanting her to get into the pool instead of just sitting on the edge. He swims over to her and grabs her by the legs, his own legs propelling himself backwards in an attempt to pull her into the water.

She was focusing so much on the cold water she wasnt thinking about the fact that Frank had swam over till he was right in front of her. She barely got the words," What do you wa-," when he was pulling her in with him. She had no grip on the edge so she easily went in.

She shrieked as her body was enveloped in the cold water. She held on to him for a moment keeping her chest up out of he water. Then she realized how it looked and let go. They were in the deep in, so she got soaked. She came up and started to tread water. " You're going to have to fix the thermostat if you want me out here often."

He laughs when she hangs on to him, sort've enjoying the moment until she lets go, and then his face turns a little red, probably hard to tell with his tanned skin. He chuckles. "I could probably fix it, but the cold water kinda feels nice." He says to her while leaning against the side of the pool.

"If you want to hang on to me again we can keep eachother warm." He says with a giggle before disappearing under the water again, swimming to the bottom and sitting down cross legged, holding his hands behind his head as he thinks to himself.

Of course he would want her to jump in, she just shook her head with a slight smile on her face. She just watched him sink under the water. Curious as to what he was doing down there, Sophia let her body sink to the bottom of the pool. She was usually able to hold her breath for quite a while. She gave him a wave.

He was able to stay down there for quite a long time, she finally let herself float to the top. The cold water was wrecking havoc on her nipple, anyways. She floated on her back letting the sun warm them up.

He waves back at her, his training in the Marines had allowed him to get his breath under control before sinking into the water, in case of a helicopter collision in the ocean or something of the sorts. He watches her float back to the top, he stands and pushes off the bottom, breaching the surface.

He looks over at her and grins. "I can hold my breath for awhile." He says, putting his hands behind his head and only treading the water with only his legs. "I was in the Marine Corps before I got hitched." He says to her.

" I was under the impression that most of them got married before they were out, I heard they get more pay and all that stuff," she wondered if this was something true about him. She saw the way he handled the way he handled his guns, he had a lot of expertise. It made her wonder about the rest of his story.

She kept on float, her back was cold and her front covered by the rays of the sun. " I guess I just needed time to adjust to the cold water. It's not so bad."

"I didn't want to get tied down." He says, his eyes scanning her for a moment before he looks away, realizing how hot of a day it actually is. Though he had never gotten married, the Marines was a true fact, he starts to wish he could tell her more, but he knows it can easily blow his cover if he gets too personal.

"What'd I tell you?" He asks with a laugh. "I know my stuff, whether I look like it or not." He says before moving over to her, watching her for a just a moment. "We should do more stuff like this, really takes your mind off of everything." He admits, starting to feel a lot more relaxed.

"I should relax because everything is out of my control right now. The problem is that it's hard for me to let go and just let things be. My mom and I used get in fights for that reason, I don't like for others to be in charge because they never do things the way I would do them," and in her mind her way was usually better.
She let her body go up right and she treaded water instead. " Thanks for being honest with me. You being I'm the Marines is the first things I've believed you about."

He nods to her. "Well, when I get to know you better I can start trying to do things the way you do them.. Technically since I'm your bodyguard you have authority over me, so it's whatever you want I guess." He says, his eyes locked with hers.

"And yeah.. I can understand what you're thinking about me, but once you trust me you'll find that the things I've told you are all true, maybe one day you'll believe me." He says with a grin on his face before leaning against the side of the pool again, his legs beginning to tire from just treading water.

She wanted to trust him, but there was something about her that wouldn't let him. That's why she gave him hell. "Rodrigo spoiled me. That's why your having such a hard time with me. I had him wrapped around my fingers. I would bat my eyelashes at him and he would give me whatever I asked," he was anot her loss that hurt. It was starting to seem like anyone who suck around too long got hurt.

" I keep falling into depressive lines of thinking. Maybe we should bake something. That always makes me feel better."

Back
Top Bottom