Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The False Bodyguard (rskde and Ms.Goody2shoez94)

Risky

Supporter
Supporter
Jared Halsey is a man of multiple faces.. After all, it is his job in the FBI. He was SWAT trained several years ago, giving him a nice, muscular and atheletic build. He stares at himself in the mirror, today is the day that he would leave the FBI's Headquarters in order to get started on his next assignment. He brushes his jet black hair out of his face, uncovering a pair of hazel eyes. Today he is no longer Jared Halsey, but now he is to become Francisco Alveres, though he doesn't have any Spanish roots, he had gotten tanned over the last couple of days and had learned Spanish in preparation for this day. After all, the Cartel he is meant to be after would not just trust a white man in a suit.

He grabs a small holster and places it on his left hip, indicating his left handedness, his mentor walks in, raising his eyebrows at the look of the man. "Jared, gang bangers don't wear holsters." He says before walking out, laughing at himself as he does. Jared nods to himself, taking the holster off of his hip and tossing it away, looking around at the locker room he is currently inside of. He grabs a Glock 18, the cheapest pistol on the market, which is probably why it is favorited by the local gangs in San Francisco. He lifts up the back of his white, unmarked shirt before tucking the pistol into his back waistband. He tucks in the back of his shirt to make it obvious that he has a gun. He takes his wallet from his pocket, slipping his FBI ID in behind his driver's license, just in case he needed access to any crime scenes while he is out.

He slips on a pair of dark sunglasses and a set of dog tags, he had been a Desert Strike veteran, which easily lead to him being in the FBI. But now, he is Francisco, so the tags have been altered to say the false name on them. He pats the pocket of his jeans after slipping the wallet back inside. He walks to the elevator of the building before stepping inside and walking out of the lobby. He gets into a black Ferrari, after all, he is playing the part of a rich gun salesmen for now. He drives off to the meetup point where several of the Cartel members wait for him.

He stops in front of them, walking around to the back of the car and opening it up, revealing two large gun cases filled with Military grade weaponry, all with trackers on them, from the evidence locker of the FBI, he hands them over before walking inside to talk to the head, the guns had been a guarantee if anything.

He easily is able to get into the cartel as a simple grunt, he takes his place in the building, walking around while taking mental notes to himself. He is stopped by the Boss, the man who controlled the entire cartel, though nobody knows him by name, they know him by the fierce set of red eyes he has, probably created from a set of contact lenses if anything else. The FBI just calls him Devil Eyes. The man presses a hand to Jared's shoulder, stopping him dead in his tracks. A shiver runs down his back, he feels like he's been busted.

"I need you to do something for me, there's money in it for you." He says in a heavy accented voice. Jared just raises his eyebrows in question. "My niece has been targeted by a rival gang, I have heard you know your way around a gun, Francisco." He says. "She is currently downtown, in our restaurant with her mother, go to her and defend her with your life." He says before walking off.

Jared nods, this would be a good opportunity for him. He walks to his car before driving downtown, he walks into the restaurant, nodding to the lady at the counter that is obviously the girl's mother, she had obviously been tipped by Devil Eyes of his arrival. He walks into the living area, as the upper floor of the restaurant had been converted to a living space. He sees the girl, nodding to her before speaking in an accented voice that he had rehearsed hundreds of times. "I'm here to protect you." He simply says.

Her uncle was sending her a new bodygaurd. The last one had "disappeared" after she had escaped his care while they were on a trip. It was the first time she had ever been out on her own, and she had loved it, but Sophia would have never ran away if she would have known Rodrigo would pay the price. He had been her only friend for the longest time. By the end she considered him a big brother, he was fiercely protective of her.

Sophia Martin had grew up around the lifestyle and was no longer phased by crime and hurt that she saw. Her mother's family had long been involved in various ilegal practices in between pushing drugs and weaponry.

Sophia, known as Sophie by most everyone around her, didn't come to live with her mother and uncle till she was ten. Her mother had been raised the same way she was, in captivity. She too had gotten out, and was gone for an exstensive amount of time. While she was lost she had gotten pregnant.

As soon as Sophie as born she went to go live with her father. Her father, Ron was an African American man who thought he was going to save Maria from her life living with the cartel. They lived together unbothered for a whole two months. He was beat within inches of his life and Maria was taken away, when they were finely found out. Her mother had never been with another after that. She simply worked in her restaurant. It was what her brother gave her in turn for keeping her from her lover and sending her daughter away.

Her father had fell sick, and with no other relatives to take care of her she met her mother for the first time in her life. Before she only had pictures. It was hard for to adjust. Her father had been strict, but with her mother she had no freedom. Within a year of living with her mom, her papa had passed.

For the next fifteen years she lived with her mom helping her with the restaurant. Her uncle did not let her go to college or anywhere past a hundred milE radius.

When her new bodyguard addressed her she laughed. Her uncle had sent her a stiff one this time. One who probably wouldn't give her as much leeway as the last one.

"My name is Sophia. I promise not to be difficult, if you promise to be reasonable. I have a life and I'm not willing to give that up, understand," she turned her back on him to grab her purse and jacket. It was time for her to go to the gym.

She was dressed in tennis shoes, leggings, and a slightly oversize t Shirt. She was determined to not let this man change how things were.

She had worked hard to gain Rodrigo's trust and in turn he had given her a lit of privilges.

He just raises his eyebrows at her, this was the girl the FBI had so many files on? He looks her over before shaking his head. "I'm assuming you want to go to the gym?" He asks her, letting some of the information he knows about her slip, the FBI had been watching these people for awhile now.

"I'm not a very strict person, just try not to stray too far or get yourself killed, I prefer my head attached to my body if that pleases you." He says to her quietly, but loudly enough for her to hear him. He was always the quiet one, preferring to listen instead of talking. "If you want to go, we can just go, I'm not going to give you shit about it." His accent had faltered a little bit at the end.

He inwardly groans, pretending to be another race was like convincing somebody you didn't cheat on a test, impossible in every aspect. He motions for her to lead the way, turning his back to her, which shows her the pistol tucked into his waistband.

He walks downstairs and leans against the counter, turning his attention to a van that had pulled up outside.. The shadow of several men inside forces him back up the stairs to her. "You're staying." He says, blocking the staircase so she wouldn't be able to slip past, he places his hand on her shoukder and pushes her back a little, his other hand gripping his pistol as he sees the men unloading from the van, only able to see their feet from where he is.

Youve killed before.. Why are you so nervous? He asks himself, feeling some sweat make its way down his forehead. "Hide." He says to her before pulling the gun from his waistband, he holds his breath as he sees the men walk inside, no visible weapons on any of them.

His eyes scan them, asking himself mental questions about them, who did he recognize? None of them, they're all grunts, that means they're untrained and easily sent away, a gun wouldn't be necessary unless they had more than a pistol. He slides his sidearm back into his waistband. He looks around the room, easily finding a place to set up an ambush, he just hopes to God that Sophie stayed hidden.

Sophie heard the mumbling under his breath and it made her realize that word had got around about what had happened to Rodrigo. She had loved him dearly, and truthfully life had changed so much with him gone. She turned away from him to take a moment to compose herself. She had been trying to not think about him, but with having a new body guard old memories started to come back

She turned back around in just enough time to notice the slight slip of his accent. She couldn't tell what would have caused it. She steeled her face against him, this information would have to be stored away for later. Right now she just need to get to her kickboxing class.

For the most part she was pretty observant, but it wasn't until she was at the top of the stairs that she saw that van. The symbol that was on the side of the van was similar to symbol she saw when they usually get deliveries, but there was something a little bit off about it. The color scheme of the symbol was wrong. The men stepped out of the van and she saw that it wasn't their usual delivery man either, then her bodyguard was pushing her back into the restaurant keeping her out of view.

It was after the lunch rush, and a few hours from the dinner rush so no one was in the restaurant besides her mother, she pushed her into the kitchen away from the trouble then headed back to the front door.

It was only his first day on watch and her bodyguard was going to get himself killed, she didn't even know his name. She did seem him put his gun back in his waistband. Sophia heard a bunch of commotion as she ran back through the front door, she was never one for staying put.

Out of the corner of his eye he sees her running for the front door, and the men see her too, one of them immediately grabbing her by her wrist and keeping her held there. The other men turn on the screaming woman at the counter, grabbing their guns and putting two bullets into the woman in question.

"Shit!" Jared says under his breath, he watches them out away their guns before he makes his move, dashing through the restaurant while the civilians around them are still dazed and confused. His open palm slams into the face of one of the men, he watches the grunt fall.

He whips around, his elbow hitting into the neck of another, time slows down as he sees the third grunt going for his gun, there were only two left, the other had Sophie and was dragging her towards the door. Jared's hand reaches his gun, firing three shots into the grunt before he could even shoot.

Jared bum rushes the last one, grabbing him by the neck and slamming his face into the glass doorway, smashing it effectively. He is breathing heavily by this point, sirens wail in the distance as he puts his gun away.

"We need to get out of here." He says to her, his eyes flick to meet hers. "Next time listen to what I tell you."

Everything seemed to happen all at once. She really tried to fight the man that grabbed on to her, she couldn't let him take her anywhere. She really fought when the gun shots inside went off. Her mom was in there, and she had a feeling it was her who was hit.

"We can't just leave. What happened in there," she looked at the door too scared to go and see what she knew would be there. If her mom wasn't hurt she would have came running outside to make sure she was okay.

The sounds of the police were getting closer. They couldn't stay, they would call an ambulance. "Find , let's go," she wiped the one tear that had decided to fa.

They had to tun, right now was t he wrong time to be emotional. She pulled the keys out of her purse and threw them to the man. She couldn't drive like this.

"No more questions." He says to her before grabbing her keys, shaking his head and nudging her towards his own car. He gets into the driver seat and floors it the moment she gets in, not caring if she had a seatbelt on or not.

He inwardly sighs as the police cruisers race past them, they had barely missed them. He looks over at Sophie, she seemed to be in okay condition, physically at least. "Where're we going?" He asks as they continue to drive up the road.

He takes one of his hands off the wheel, wiping a bit of blood from his cheek where one of the men had slashed him with his knife, he doesn't really feel the pain as adrenaline is still coursing through his veins. "If you want we can still go to the gym, though if those men knew where you were before they probably know your schedule." He comments.

"We have a place in the hills that no one knows about, a safe house my uncle had built. If you're sure that no one is tailing us then I can take you there," it was the only place she had to go. She had spent so many times over the years holed up there for weeks at a time wit Rodrigo, whenever things got bad. She was curious as to how she would pass the time there with this unamed stranger.

Once her uncle found out what happened to his sister, he would stop at nothing to keep her safe. He had no children of his own, occasionally a mistress that he had no feelings for, they had been his only family. The only spot of weakness in his armor. Which is why he kept them under lock and key.

" we've got almost a three hour drive. Wake me up in an hour," she directed him to the highway he needed to take. She couldn't deal with the emotional she was feeling right now, so she slept.

He takes the route she leads him to, his car gliding along the road as they drive, out of the corner of his eye he sees her fall asleep. He sighs, running a hand through his hair before focusing on driving to the place she had told him about, apparently it is safe.

A couple of hours of driving leads him to this cabin she had told him about. He looks over at her before shaking her lightly. "Time to go.." He says quietly, his accent completely dropping as his voice drops in volume. He gets out of the car and looks to the cabin, biting the bottom of his lip as he thinks about what had happened just a few hours before their arrival.

A part of him just wants to leave her here, maybe just close off the investigation and let the two gangs kill each other off, or maybe just arrest the victor at the end of the day.. But it didn't seem right, and the fact that Sophie was even involved with this makes even less sense to him.

She was surprised he had allowed her to sleep so long, but he seemed to have found it okay on his own. Then again her day had a quite unsuspected evening. She wondered what she would do now that her mother was gone. What happened to the restaurant? Her life was going to be turned upside down and she wasn't sure if she would be able to handle.

Hearing his accent drop, she stopped in alarm. This was the second time she was pretty sure that she had heard his accent drop. She couldn't take him into the house. Her purse was small, she wondered if she had remembered to switch which purse her taser was in. While reaching in her purse she turned to face the stranger head on. "You must be pretty new. Usually the men my uncle send to watch me have been part of his command for quite sometime. I never saw you around his house."

She fingered the taser at the bottom of her bag and slowly started to bring it up.

He turns to her and raises his eyebrows. "Yeah.. I got in this morning." He says, the accent staying full this time. "Your uncle just pulled me aside and told me to watch over you, wasn't really my idea of what to do with my day, but.. I guess it worked out, you'd probably be dead if I wasn't there." He says before turning his back to her, looking at the large house and making a mental note of its location for his report.

He looks over his shoulder at her, raising his eyebrows. "Well, are we going inside?" He asks her, he sees her looking through her purse. "You grabbing a key or something?" He asks, alarm bells go off in his head as he sees her arm purposefully moving from the purse.

He springs into action, his hand smacking against her wrist, hopefully forcing her to drop the purse, but he can clearly see what is in her hand. "The fuck is that?!" He yells, taking a step back from her. "I thought we could trust eachother since I saved your fucking life.." He says while keeping distance form her, keeping with the accent as he speaks.

"Ow," her purse fell to ground. She had th taster out and she kept a tight grip on it. It wouldn't kill him, but it would numb him giving her enough time to run into the house.

"Yes, you saved my life. You also kept me from getting interogated by the police, but I don't know you. I don't know anything about you. I hear the way you accent keeps dropping. Spanish is not your first language."

She got out of the car putting some space between the two of them. " I'm not stupid, tell me who you really are?"

Damn.. He thinks to himself, formulating an excuse in his mind. Luckily, he is a quick thinker. He drops the accent as he speaks. "Listen, I wanted to get close to your Uncle because he buys guns, I sell guns, I wasn't expecting him to drag me in, but I figured if I learned Spanish I would be able to move up quickly, make a little cash.. Okay?" He asks, his eyebrows knitting together. "I told him my name is Francisco, but it's just Frank." He says to her.

"Now drop the taser, you know who I am you can trust me.. Just please.. Please don't tell your Uncle, I'm begging you, this is my only chance to be a part of something bigger.." He says to her pleadingly.

He almost holds his breath as he waits for her to either accept his lies or call him on them, he hopes the first one would happen.

Sophie didn't know what to think. It could be true, he could be trying to make a deal with her father, he also could be a n informant or something like that. It would be a few days before uncle would make it up the mountain and there was plenty of weapons in hidden spots including some things in the seasoning cabinets.

She eyed him trying to think if this was the right decision or not. Was there truly a way to know. They were completely off the grid he wouldnt be able to contact anyone. There is no cellphone signal, GPS signal, Internet signal, it's like being on an island. The only way to have contact with anyone in the house is to drive all the way here.

"Come on," holding on to the taser she walked backward until she came to the front door. It required a code along with a thumb print for entrance. She used her body to block it as she entered everything. "You cross me and I will kill you," she only had to manage for a few days then her uncle and his lieutents.

The house was set up kind of bohemian style lots of bright colirs, cloths, pillow, candles, and incense everywhere.

He follows her, raising his eyebrows when she spoke of killing him, which wouldn't be an easy task in his own opinion. He also can't see this little girl thst required protection even stepping up to kill somebody, it takes a specific kind of person to pull off a murder.

He steps into the house and looks around, biting the bottom of his lip in thought as he looks around. "Is there anywhere I can sleep?" He asks, figuring that if he fell asleep she would understand that he is perfectly comfortable around her and anybody else that might be inside.

He leans against a wall, placing his hand into his pocket while awaiting an answer from her, his head constantly on a swivel as he looks around, taking more mental notes on entry ways and possible areas for hiding weapons or contraband.

She knew that it was impossible for her to beat him by force, but they had time. There's was a lot of things she could do to him that wouldn't require her trying to out power She would gain his trust and poison him if need be.

" There's only two bed, mine and my mothers. I don't want you smelling up my bed, and I will big let you in my mother's room. You can sleep on the couch," she left him in the living room. She needed food after the long drive, she was exhausted with all the days events.

He just nods, taking his gun from his waistband before pulling off the top slide and pulling the firing pin and magazine from the pistol, leaving them all on the table next to the couch. "Hey! If you figure out how to reassemble this gun, you can kill me in my sleep!" He calls out to her before crashing on the couch.

He puts his hands behind his head before sighing, falling asleep quickly as the exhaustion of the day set in.

He knew damn well that she didn't know how to reassemble the gun, which is why he even offered. She just pursed her lips at him and turned away. She has her taser and she would formulate a plan soon, when she was pass all the emotional turmoil that had caused so much grief.

While he was sleeping she started making something for them to eat. There was plenty of food marinated and ziploced ready to be cooked up. She got to making some rice and some carne asada. She put a pot of beans on, but they wouldn't be able to eat any of those till tomorrow. When she was done making everything she walked back into the living room. She gave him a light push. "Wake up! I got some food on the table. I know you got to be hungry," she didn't wait for an answer.

He chuckles to himself, keeping his hands behind his head as he starts to relax, his eyes remain slightly open as he communes to make mental observations. He groans when she pushes him, as if he was actually sleeping.

He gets up off of the couch, walking over to where the food was. He sits down at what is obviously a table, nodding to her. "Thanks." He says before starting to eat, he had been pretty hungry as he really hadn't had anything for breakfast.

When they first started eating it was extremely quiet. They just ate occasionally looking at each other. "So, Frank, is it? All the people you could probably use to advance your business and you choose Devil Eyes? It wasn't smart for you to fake that accent. He may decide to kill you on the spot for that, he's killed for way less, but I'm sure you're aware of that," she kept on eating.

"You got a family, or something. You're risking quite a lot being out here. There must be a really big reason why you would go to this extreme," she was prying, but she had to know. People had try to go through her to get to her uncle before, but they always caught on before it was too late.

He bites the bottom of his lip as he listens to her questions, preparing to dig himself deeper with more lies about the false life he leads. He nods. "I know he's killed for less, I just figured it'd be easier to gain his trust and understanding if I talked like him." He says with a shrug, as if dismissing it as a stupid mistake.

"My wife divorced me, took my daughter and everything else that I own, but apparently I still have to pay child support and my apartment, so I figured that a get rich easy solution was needed, and crime certainly pays when you're good at it." Lie after lie, he keeps a perfectly straight face all the while, as he is experienced with making up these stories. He tucks the information he had given her into the front of his mind, just in case she brought it up again.

"So you go from the white picket fence life to pretending to be one of us. That's quite a far jump," and to her it didn't make much sense. There were plenty of ways to make money, working for her uncle shouldn't have been the first thing that came to mind. It was dangerous and hard to make a long career in. Sophie knew that he was lying to her. Frank probably wasn't even his real name. He was here now and there was not much she could do. Then there was the off chance that he was telling the truth, it was too much to think about.

Putting in a smile she kept him talking," I wish I could have a little girl. She would have beautiful brown skin, and thick curly hair, but I know its not in the cards for me. So, why'd your wife divorce you? Did someone cheat? Did you fall out of love?" She figured id she asked enough questions he may fumble.

He shrugs. "Midlife crisis' tend to have that effect." He says while continuing to eat. He looks up at her when she asks why his wife divorced him. "I used to drink a lot, I'd come home, my job would be gone again, and then she'd be pissed at me, we stopped having sex and we just fell out of it, started getting more and more pissed at eachother until she just took everything and left." He says, his eyes flicking down to his food.

"My daughter is beautiful, blonde hair like her mother, and she has my eyes." He says with a smile, he starts to see the game she is trying to play with him, trying to crack him under pressure.

His story sounded plausible now she wasn't sure what to think," so, you were a bad husband and she left. Now you don't get to see your daughter and you have to pay child support. That sucks," she know she sounded rude, but she didn't change her tone. If his story was true he had set him self up for this. That's if his story is true.

"There are plenty of people walking around unhappy, and wishing they had that kind of life and you somehow managed to screw it up. You almost deserve to be miserable." Even before her mom died she was hardly let out of the area. Now her uncle would never let her go anywhere, and she would never date, let alone marry, and of the guys out here.

He bites the bottom of his lip as he listens to her, to seal the deal he runs his hands through his hair before sniffing, tears starting to run down his cheeks. "And I'll never get her back.." He says quietly, watching the tears drip on to the table, the lie had become truth for Frank, he hopes she'll buy it now,

"I'm just.. I'm gonna go back to sleep.." He says before sniffing again, pushing himself up from the table and collapsing on the couch, holding his head in his arms while closing his eyes, the tears stop flowing.

Back
Top Bottom