Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Colliding Worlds (BurningWillows & Greeneyed23)

Tatia looked at Drea and the emotion was evident on her face. She really liked him, and as much as she knew Duldreas words were true, Tatia couldn't help herself.

"It's just a little friendly flirting," she shrugged off, not wanting to talk about it for the moment. They found seats near the pool at the back of the cave but Tatia didn't step near it, keeping a good couple feet from it. She was still worried her armour might rust, but more so she didn't need it like Drea did. As long as she stayed hydrated she was fine, one of the many reasons she was able to blend into human society so well.

Sera took Elayas hand and pulled her forward, smiling like an idiot. Elaya was everything she could have dreamed of in a lover, and it was easy to see they were both falling for each other. Elayas feelings were surely more deep than Seras, having wanted her longer, but Sera felt the same tug now towards the werewolf, wanting to be close to her more and more. Sera found a seat opposite Tatia across the pool, offering for Elaya to sit with her.

"Everyone settled?"

Elaya followed the redhead happily, squeezing her hand, and took the place indicated, sitting close to Sera and snuggling against her.

Drea smiled seeing the two of them so cozy together, then looked back at Tatia. "There is no such thing as harmless flirting. Certainly not with a vampire as old and powerful as Reynault. Have a care sweetheart. you aren't immortal."

Elaya arched an eyebrow. "You have been flirting with Rey again?"

Tatia looked anywhere but the faces of the three women, trying to stifle her blush, "It was nothing. I enjoy his company, that's all. I'm not immortal but I can live easily to a century. I need friends to pass the time, do I not?"

"Leave it," Sera shook her head at Elaya and Drea, "that is another discussion for another time. I want to discuss today's antics. And I want each of you point of views."

As leader she needed to keep the peace between her team. More so she needed to settle arguments quickly and on the nose before they caused any rifts. Today has been so hectic she hadn't had a chance to discuss Elaya and Tatias fight, or Tatias blow up at the assassin. Drea had been present both times and took no favorites so Sera relied on her point of view as a bystander watching, and she wanted to know Elayas and then Tatias side of the story. If someone was in the wrong they'd know about it soon, Sera held a sharp tongue when she got upset.

"Elaya go first. What happened with you and Gerry concerning Tatia?"

Elaya shrugged. "I am well aware of the hunt for the royal family that Taitia is likely the final member of. Her cousins the merpeople hate her and want her dead for a number of reasons, not least of which is that sirens have the stronger claim to the throne. Ever since the Crash and with the expanded borders, the people from Under have been rebuilding Atlantis in true form. By rights Tatia should be ruling that, though her family ruled only a portion of the sea before the Crash. Though there my history and current rumor and gossip become clouded."

Her eyes went to the siren her voice now cold. "I also know that she is terrified to expose herself for truth because sirens are being hunted to extinction in the search for her and her family by the mermish and their agents. Which was also why she was losing her mind today with the assassin."

Her eyes sparked. "Finally Gerry and I know that when submerged she is forced to revert to her natural form, at which time she is both at her most powerful and her most vulnerable as that beast proved.'

She glared at Tatia. The little shrimp assumed so much. Elaya was much older than the siren and had not been told these things. She had seen them. Lost blood to them. She could smell almost to the the minute when the siren had last even seen an ocean, let alone been in it. She did not like being dismissed or ignored, and she didn't take threats to herself or her friends, even from another friend. Ever.

"I should also mention that I did apologize for being so rude to her, but according to Drea she refused to listen or accept my apology." She fell silent, watching Tatia, knowingly shoving everything onto the siren at once. This was Elaya's way. She never fought unless she was sure of victory, and she never spoke on a subject unless she was certain she was right.

Drea held up a finger. "I can also vouch for the rebuilding of Atlantis and the ongoing war of the Under. I also have heard the rumors about the Royal Family. Tatia here is the only being I know of who could possibly be the Lost Princess."

She turned to Tatia, trying, as always, to protect her little family and in this case soften the blows that had come from Elaya's words. "I knew your many times removed ancestors Tatia. Beautiful creatures. They loves to sit at my delta and sing for the sailors. Your song reminds me so much of them." She wiped her eyes at the memory. She would never tell Tatia how those sirens had died.

Tears blurred Tatias vision, both surprise and shock rippling through her. Decades of secrets exposed like it was nothing.

"Why didn't you tell us sooner?" Sera asked, only learning this now. She did not meddle in the lives of others or take any interest in learning the politics of another race. Phoenixs were very solitary creatures and Sera had been till she met this group.

"Because it's horrid," Tatia whined, sniffling back tears as she looked away, "and it's my past not yours. I watched my brethren die in front of me, I've watched thier heads be sliced off so hunters could get thier bounties. Why would I tell a group of mercenaries? They'd just turn me over for a profit too. Except they don't want my head. The mermaids wish to torture me until death."

She gritted her teeth as anger flashed in her eyes, glaring at all of them then down at her feet. She hated that they would expose her like this, and she hated herself for what she was.

"This is a curse," she spat at Drea, "there is nothing lovely about me. There is no benefit to being a siren. No one trusts you, and most are out for your head. It's a horrid world."

She crossed her arms around her legs as she curled them into herself, putting distance between them all and her. She wasnt about to openly admit she had any royal blood in her body. Chances were the team was already going to give her up to the mermaids or drop her off in the next town and be done with her. Last thing she needed was for them to realize how much she was worth. The mermaids were offering the entire royal treasury of atantis in return for Tatia. She was indeed one of the last remaining survivors of the royal blood line. Tatia still wasn't sure if her Uncle Christof lived or not.

Elaya stood, walked over to the Siren, then spoke in the girl's tongue, gentle and caring. "Tatiana I have always known. But you are making a serious mistake in your assumption. We are gathered together for survival not money. Gerry and I alone have millions. Narxis has billions in his little hidey hole, and Amitiel has no need for money, though he too is wealthy. Drea is one of the oldest beings in existence. Her river holds more wealth than we could ever dream of. Sera is a Phoenix. She doesn't need money either. Nor do you. None of us is here to get rich. The problem is that even rich as we are we are not safe or welcome amongst the humans."

She gently cupped the girl's cheek and made Tatia look at her. "Gerry is a former slave. He killed his masters. I am a were. Forbidden from living among humans no matter the precautions. We are doomed to die in these wastes. Drea is condemned by the remaining few of her kind for her kindness and aid to we 'lesser beings.' Narxis is a power here. In Hell he would be a minor imp because he is so hated by the others of his kind. Amitiel cannot enter Heaven while still possessed of his mortal body. Reynault is a vampire. The Churches would kill him the minute he entered any city, and they roam these wastes with a bounty on his head far older and far more impressive than even the entire existence of Atlantis could match."

Drea touched Tatia's shoulder and nodded at Sera. "And dear Seraphina there is a Phoenix. The most sought after of our kind in all of history. One flick of her skin could buy the whole of the Under. Kai could never be trusted around humans. They would be sure he would just impersonate the most powerful and steal their wealth and lives. Tatia...sweetheart you have a rough past, a horrible history, but you are not alone. But when have we ever shown you that we would sell you? You've saved each of our lives countless times and we yours. As Reynault proved you are irreplaceable. We want you for your skills, your sweet nature, and your experience. You are part of this group, this strange dysfunctional family of ours."

Elaya nodded. "Tatia I am sorry for just throwing everything out there, but you have to realize you aren't alone. We are all here for you. How can we help you?"

She then looked back at Sera. "Right boss?" She wasn't sure but she knew she, Gerry, Drea, and the angel and demon had no interest at all at selling the Siren, and she doubted Sera would, and if Kai even joked about it Gerry would kick his ass for it.

bef60d8fbe3b24bc890ae742d5405e50.jpg

Seraphina listened with a mixture of confusion and trust that whatever Elaya was saying was true. She knew very little of other tongues aside from English. When it came to things like these it reminded the Phoenix just how solitary she had been most of her life.

"Elaya's right," Sera stepped in, catching the last bit of the conversation and holding on to that, "Have you ever seen a Phoenix coat? They are rare things in the black market, maybe one or two exist, but they are horrid and monstorous. Made from the feathers of my kin, stripped off their still breathing bodies. When a Phoenix dies we turn cold, and our feathers become useless. But when we are alive and healthy our plumage is hot and resistant. I can soar into a Volcano and feel no pain. Since the Crash and the discovery that supernaturals do exist my kin have been hunted just as your has, but for our feathers, not your scales. And they take it while we live, torturing us so that they can have heat protective gear."

Very few knew Phoenix's existed though, and that was their biggest way of defense. She'd only ever met two hunters that recognized her for what she was, and they were both dead now. But she had seen a coat of Phoenix feathers on the black market before and knew it meant someone out there enjoyed harming her kin.

"The scales..." Tatia whispered, "I heard they do the same with mermaid and siren scales. For water reasons of course."

"Let's not get too off topic," Sera exclaimed, "The point of the conversation is here to harm you Tatia."

Tatia still looked skeptical. What had happened in this siren's past to not trust even the closest people to her?

"Drea, Elaya I think that's enough. Tatia understands your positions and she will apologize when she sees you again. I need to speak alone to her now."

She waited till the two had left then got up and shifted her position so she was sitting next to the siren.

"It's just me now," Seraphina commented, "I can see the pain in your eyes. You want to trust Elaya and Drea's words, but something is holding you back. Tell me. I can't protect you within my team if I don't know what I'm protecting you from."

Tatia's head turned, her chocolate brown eyes staring at Sera for a few seconds then back to the wall. She could see the gears turning in Tatia's head, working out whether to tell her or not.

"You need to understand what Elaya said was true. We will protect you. And if you don't feel safe with your secret to the others I can promise Drea and Elaya won't speak a word of it. Niether will I."

"And Gerry?" Tatia spoke ever so softly, "I know he's weary of me. I can feel it when I approach. He fears my powers. What happens when that fear pushes him to give me up?"

"We won't let that happen...I won't let that happen," Sera promised, "Now tell me what's going on?"

"I didn't even know Atlantis was being rebuilt," Tatia whispered, tears in her eyes, "I've heard it's beautiful, yet I've never seen it. I'm so out of touch with the Under I know nothing of my realm anymore. A werewolf knows more about my people than I do. Isn't that sad?"

"She had a lot of sources before she joined the team. She knew a lot about everyone. Even a bit on me, and there is nothing in the history books correct about Phoenix's, so that's impressive."

Tatia continued, "I've been stranded on land since I was ten. I grew up in an orphanage because my Uncle knew it wasn't safe to stay with me so he fled. I got so good, so good at hiding myself with the humans. And then I slipped up. I trusted my best friend in the Orphanage with my secret. Two nights later I woke to a bunch of masked men trying to tie me up and kidnap me. I barely escaped with my life. That orphanage was my home and I lost it too."

"Is that how you ended up in that brothel?" Sera asked and Tatia nodded. They'd met Tatia in a city using her magics on an innocent human. When they went to stop her she had fled, seeking shelter in a brothel they later found out she worked in. Sera and Elaya were none too happy to find a supernatural living with humans and exploiting them with their powers for extra coin so Tatia struck a deal for her life, in exchange for joining them temporarily and giving them the richest contract they could get their hands on with a stroke of her voice. And now she was a member of the team.

"We brought each other," Sera alliterated, "Elaya spoke only truths. No one hear will turn you in, even if your royal blood or whatever."

Tatia said nothing, still refusing to say she was out loud. Seraphina didn't care, that was her business, not the phoenix's.

"Now then," Sera slapped her thighs and got up, "No more of this bickering amongst you all. I hate it. Go out there and apologize to both of them and then go apologize Gerry for threatening him. And don't worry, I'll talk to the group about this. We want you to feel safe in our ranks."

Tatia stood and walked out of the cave, head bowed. She walked right up to Drea first but said nothing, instead wrapping her arms around the diety's neck and hugging her tightly. A silent form of apology. Duldrea had always been nothing but motherly to the siren, and she'd been rather rude as of late. Then she turned to Elaya, meeting her eye and trying to find the words to apologize for her childish behavior.

Elaya had gotten Gerry to come down and stand ready, and to be nice.

She studied the siren, then hugged her as well and whispered softly. "It's alright kiddo. Life sucks all around. It's bound to get to any of us. Apology accepted."

She smiled then stepped back.

Gerry watched the siren closely. He didn't flinch or have a weapon in his hand, but that was as far as he would go. He had already promised he wouldn't speak about her secret and wouldn't say it again, not even to Sera, and Elaya would remind the Phoenix not to push him. Gerry did not appreciate his honor being questioned.

If the siren would apologize she would have to do so audibly for Gerry to hear and accept it. In his way he was reminding her how very childish she had been, especially as he had saved her life.

Elaya didn't intervene. Tatia needed to understand something about mortals she had never picked up despite her years with them. Despite the abundance of powers scattered amongst the group, Gerry was well respected because he had made himself dangerous enough to give pause to angels, demons, weres, and a goddess. Mortals had a bad habit of doing that. Tatia thought of them as toys, not beings who would want revenge, and that worried Elaya, Gerry, Rey, Drea, and the angel and demon. No one had asked Kai, and Elaya suspected it worried Sera as well. no one cared what the sorceress thought. she had yet to prove herself a friend rather than just a client.

Tatia stood there in front of Gerry, her pride biting at her stomach. Him too? Was her humiliation not over yet?

"I'm sorry I snapped," she finally said, swallowing her pride and giving in to what he wanted, "I know you don't trust me nor like my company. You've made that clear. I thought that also meant you would care little for my well being and I need to protect myself. But I'm sorry for offending and upsetting you."

It was perhaps the longest apology she'd ever uttered and before more could be said and her humiliation got any worse she slid past the three of them.

"Excuse me."

She didn't want to be around them anymore, feeling humiliated by her own behaviour and their chiding words. She slipped out of the clearing, intent on wandering the burnt trees in an effort to be alone for a few minutes. Instead she found herself out in the hills at the edge of the trees and took a seat in the grass, staring at the stars.

At this point they all saw her as a child. Sera would see her as someone needing protection as would Elaya and Drea. Gerry probably thought less of her than he did before. Rey...she didn't want to think of what he saw in her. And Kai...Kai would be sympathetic, knowing how it felt to be looked down upon by the older members.

Reynault sighed waved away the concern of the others, and followed her.

He waited until she had sat down, then he walked up silently and sat beside her. "You know why they are like that?"

He knew it would startle her but he just kept talking. "Because they care about you."

He leaned over and pointed out a constellation. "The lady of the sea. Supposedly one of your kind you know?"

He pointed out others, uttering names she had never heard of, mentioning story titles long forgotten even before the Crash. "You should know Gerry doesn't hate you. Gerry only hates slavers. No room in his hatred for anyone else. He actually rather likes you. But he can't trust you. He can't trust me either. Or even Drea." He knew this would get her attention. Everyone trusted Drea.

"Gerry has more right to distrust than even you." He held up his hands. "I don't know what happened to you or what has you so upset, but i can safely assume you are in big trouble and you seem to think you are the only one who has suffered. And that's alright. But i know the signs all too well miss Singer." he smiled trying to lighten her mood.

"You've been hurt. Badly. Likely abandoned by your kind. Abused for your abilities. Seen as a monster since you were young. Hated by one and all. Hunted for just being who you are. I can understand that. Been there myself. So has Gerry. Did he tell you how his masters made him kill?"

He studied her face for a while. "They had a siren. Some pretty young thing from the Aegean. She claimed she had known Achilles. They stuck her in a pool with no escape, and would electrify it if she sang without order or at anyone but the target. And Gerry was their favorite. The best killer they had ever had. Killed the Un-Papacy you know? That uber-Catholic sect that wanted to kill anyone not of their order with a buncha nukes they found? Super well armed and well trained, hidden in this big old bunker. Gerry sneaks in and wipes them out. Alone. His masters were so impressed. But Gerry was too good. Took a shot at one of them. So one of gets the idea to use the siren."

He studied her face, making sure she understood. "Made her sing for Gerry. Made him her slave as well. Trapped his mind in a box, then sent him out to kill. Kids, old people, the good, the bad, the innocent, the weak, it didn't matter. He slaughtered whole families. Did all sorts of horrible things. Because he had no choice. He had no control."

"But his masters weren't satisfied. They wanted more sport. So when he wasn't working they would make her sing at Gerry, then make him beat their love-slaves. Some were little more than children. Some were children. That wasn't enough. They made her sing and make Gerry rape the screaming slaves. Gerry remembers every moment of that. Apparently the siren couldn't bear it and made him stop without order. Their masters were angry. So they shocked her. Gerry was under her spell. He dove into the water and took her shocks as he lifted her up while the masters ordered her to sing. Gerry screaming the whole time in pain. Finally she gave in. She sang."

He sighed. "He threw her down, tore off her scales and raped her. On the orders of her song. Tears running down both their faces, both screaming in pain and horror. Did you know your targets feel pain if they disobey you? Or hurt you while under your spell? Gerry burned with pain. But he continued. Until the moment when he took her head and dashed it to pieces on the floor. Broke the spell. Elaya was there. There to kill the killer. But she saw what had happened, and helped him kill his masters and get all those slaves to freedom. And helped him take the blame and the mark of the killer. He trusts her because she has helped him redeem his many sins. And she him because she knows how far he has been forced to go to do the best right in a whole ocean of wrong. Even those children don't blame him. He refuses to accept it, but they don't. They know he had no choice. I've spoken to them Tatia. I've checked their hearts. They almost worship him for freeing them and protecting them. But he'll never forgive himself. That's why he is here. Why he follows Elaya. I know Sera is the leader and he respects her, but Elaya is his leader. His compass."

He studied her for a long while. "That's why they are so close. I only know what i know because I've talked to the slaves. But can't you see why he is afraid of your powers? He loved your cousin. He had no choice. But he truly did. Enough so he killed her to keep her from being used and destroyed like that ever again. As she asked him to."

He spoke the words in her language, words clear as could be. "Kill me Gerald."

He gently touched her hair. "You can't judge people based on your life Tatia. You can't. There is no way to know where they are coming from. But so you know her name was Aloria. Gerry has her name tattooed over his heart. Ask him about her sometime. You'll see a side to our sniper you never knew. And don't blame him or her for what he had to do." This was a warning. "He blames himself enough. We're his friends not his judges. And Elaya would kill you if you hurt him."

He stood and cupped her face. "You are no child little one. But you are young. Young in ways you cannot understand. The world is not what it seems. Nor are you. Nor are any of us. Remember that." he kissed her forehead. "Our little games must cease. I would prefer we be friends not playmates. I will undoubtedly hurt you little one. And that I cannot allow. It's time to sleep. Come back to camp soon."

He smiled and tapped her nose. "You are extraordinarily beautiful. I would never forgive myself for destroying you. Good night Tatia." He walked back to camp. He never looked back.

He paused at a tree and spoke to it. "Guna kill me?"

Gerry growled. "Did you have to tell her?"

"I try not to lie Gerald. She needed to know. She was so sure you were the monster to fear. And you still are in many ways. But she didn't know why. She is young. Younger even than you in her way."

Gerry grunted. "She looks so..so like her."

"I know my friend. That is not her fault."

"I know that!"

Rey said nothing.

"Sorry...but I can't... I can't have another siren in my head.... not after what i did to Aloria."

"You saved her Gerald."

"I raped and murdered her."

"You saved her life from a fate far worse Gerald. She knew that. That's why she let you live."

Gerry didn't respond.

"Is Aloria why you always watch Tatia so closely?"

Gerry grunted.

"To make up for failing the one you will protect and die for the other?"

"Real smart for a vampire."

Rey nodded. "Aloria would understand. Tatia will too. Try not to scare her."

"Why should I care?"

"Because she is part of this group. And scaring her would be cruel. And that is like your masters."

Gerry said nothing for a while. "Should I talk to her?"

"No. Not until she asks you to. Give her space Gerald. And make sure you tell her directly and clearly any intent."

"What do you mean?"

"You're a tragic figure now. She may decide to try to fix you like so many woman do. Don't let that start."

"What? Like sing to remove the memories?"

Rey laughed. "If that worked I would have had her do it when she joined. No Gerald. To love you better."

Gerry grunted. "No one loves me."

"Elaya does. Drea too."

"You know what I meant."

"I did. But for the record I care too my friend. Maybe some day you can bear the touch of another, to be in love again. But not with Tatia. Make sure she knows that."

'Why? She's smarter than that."

"She is a broken hearted young girl who needs to feel love and compassion. her heart will go out to you. I can guarantee it. Don't break it, but also don't accept it. She is not ready to handle your emotional no man's land."

"Why are you so concerned?"

"Because I was hurting her too in my way."

"So now you're guna become her big brother?"

"No. But I am more experienced in matters of the heart and love than anyone else here. So i am going to keep an eye on the two most emotionally dangerous members of our group."

"Who?"

Rey rolled his eyes. "The uber-powerful siren with daddy and abandonment issues, and the emotional cyborg sniper."

"Oh...is she really that fragile?" Rey arched an eyebrow at the unusual gentle note in Gerry's voice.

"Even more than she knows Gerald. Take care with her." Gerald nodded, and Rey either heard or sensed it, nodded as well and went back to camp proper, lay down, and entered hi own realm of dreaming.

Gerald stayed in the tree, watching Tatia and the surrounding land through his scopes and gear, and touched the tattoo over his heart, then opened the locket hidden under his dog tags. The locket lit up revealing a picture of a beautiful woman. She could have been Tatia's twin. Geryr kissed the locket then resumed his watch, whispering. "I'm sorry Aloria."

Back at camp, Elaya was sitting with Sera, havign gotten the Phoenix to sit by the fire for the light, and was studying her lover's palms. Drea was sitting nearby watching, as Elaya traced gentle fingertips over Sera's skin. "And this is your love line. It says you will find your one true love and live happily ever after."

Drea laughed. "You don't know palmistry Elaya!"

"So!? Doesn't mean i'm wrong." She grinned at Drea, then could not help kissing Sera.

Drea smiled. "You know you too actually make a fantastic couple."

Elaya actually blushed, her eyes glowing as she peeked at Sera from under her eyebrows, trying to resume her 'palm reading' though she was clearly enjoying holding Sera and being near her far more than anything else.

Drea laughed and stood, kissed their temples, said. "Behave you two. Especially around Tatia." Then went off to the cave and the pool and to the realm of dreaming for deities.

Elaya smiled at Sera and bit her lip. "So...bedtime?"

Sera sat and smiled as Elaya played with her hands, reflecting over the day. The phoenix wasn't sure she'd handled things perfectly with Tatia. The girl was still much a stranger to the group. She hardly told anyone where she was from or how she lived. Even the bits and pieces she had said today made up most of what Sera now knew of the siren. And that was what worried her most. Tatia and Malakai were the two newest members of the team, and the only two Sera had picked since becoming leader. They also felt like outsiders. She'd heard it in Tatia's words today, and Kai had expressed it on more than one occassion. As a leader, Sera felt like she was failing them both.

Her attention turned back to Elaya as she asked a question, smiling at her, "Sure. Just let me check on our client."

She meant to scale the cliff to find her and Kai but by chance they entered the small clearing then, Lairia looking rather sleepy.

"Off to bed," she smiled as she sauntered past both women, "Goodnight."

The angel and demon were right behind her, also calling it a night. Sera knew Gerry had found some perch and she could see Rey in the tree line, about to step back into camp.

"Where's Tatia?" she muttered, noticing the lack of a siren amongst them.

"Still out there," Kai shrugged, "Want me to go grab her?"

Sera looked to Elaya and then back to Kai and nodded, "Yes please. I'm retiring to bed, so I trust you two will come back safely. C'mon Elaya."

3abc2b74a46ab26f8a961054ce562ab6.jpg

Tatia was still out in the hills, wiping away tears. Rey's story about Gerry had broken her heart, not that she wanted him to know, and she had held back her tears till he had left, feeling sorrow for another siren and for her team member. Worse yet, the rejection he so eloquently stated stung, and while she wasn't broken hearted over it she was definitely feeling sore. Her entire day had been nothing but horrid, and it seemed to be ending that way too. The siren didn't even want to go to camp, refusing to face any of them. I don't need to follow his orders. He can't reject me then order me back to camp. I'm not a child. Even if some think I am.

She remained sitting there defiantly until Kai walked up, planting himself beside her and pulling up his knees under his chin, quietly observing the landscape. He said nothing, spoke not a word, waiting for her to say something.

"They sent you to collect me?"

He made a grunt noise and nodded but made no move to head back, allowing them both a few minutes under the stars. Tatia looked up at the constellations Rey had pointed out, now soured by her thoughts of him and the discussion they had just had. Finally she had enough and pulled at him to wander back to camp, not yet tired but getting restless.

"Everyone's been telling me how lucky I am to be what I am," Tatia voice was soft and sad, as they walked back, Kai surprised she was opening up to him, "Yet none of them know me. I see it in their eyes. The mistrust...the worry. The fear."

"I'm pretty sure no one fears you," Kai replied, arching an eyebrow.

They were getting close to camp and Tatia could see the fire was dying out, meaning most were sleeping now but she didn't want to wake them so she paused at the treeline, unaware of Gerry's hidden perch, "Gerry does. I know what he sees in me. A monster. And maybe I am one. Maybe I just don't know it yet."

"Don't you think that's a little harsh Tatia. Yeah you too got into a spat today but that doesn't mean he hates you. That doesn't make you a monster. Where is this coming from?"

It was coming from that story. The story Rey had told her. Everything made more sense now, why Gerry avoided her when he could, why he always kept his distance and rarely spoke to her. She hadn't held more than maybe a handful of conversations with him in the year she'd been with the team, and most of those conversations were at a table with the team with a round of alcohol. He'd seen the evil in a siren's voice, and he knew what Tatia could do. He'd never trust her. And she couldn't blame him.

"You should go to bed," she redirected, looking away, "I'll be there in a minute."

Kai opened his mouth to say something then decided better on it and muttered a goodnight, slipping into the cave. Tatia watched him go and for a split second she looked back into the trees, wondering how far she could run in a night's time. It was never wise to run from your problems, but she felt overwhelmed and wanted an escape. Yet Tatia knew better. Alone out there she'd be murdered in two day's time. She was safer with the group or in a city, not alone in the wastelands.

Instead of curling up in the cave with the others she lied down near the fire and curled up, away from the rest. She wasn't aware of Gerry overhearing her words to Kai as she fell asleep, her dreams becoming nightmares that kept her tossing and turning through the night. When morning came she was up with the first rays of light and oddly, if almost suspiciously cheerful. Kai noticed it first, as well as her discreet adversions to Rey and Gerry, avoiding them both. He held his tongue though, knowing it was not his place to single her out.

Gerry had heard everything of course.

So he went to Rey, and when Tatia was busy trying to fake her happiness, they cornered her. With a bouquet of her favorite flowers, and a jar of still fresh sea water.

Gerry pressed the jar into her hands. "Aloria told me that what she missed most was the smell and feel of the sea. She been apart from it even longer than you. I got Drea to fill this for you...I hope it helps even if just a little."

Rey gave her the flowers. "I am sorry for hurting you on such a bad day. But Gerry and I both want to be your friends. To help you."

Gerry nodded, then said very gently. "You aren't a monster Tatia. Or evil. That's me. Even Narxis isn't as dark and dangerous as me. Please stay with us. Your laughter and smile is the only thing worth waking up to lately."

Rey studied the siren as Gerry reached into his jacket then pulled out a necklace. It was of a dull grey metal that even now smelled and felt of the sea. He lay it over Tatia's head, then touched it and spoke "Open." It did so and she could smell and even feel the sea wash over her. It was only a bit of magical trickery, but it felt real.

Gerry had to speak carefully as his voice was thick. "That was Aloria's. She said it was a gift from her mother. Something about reminding a lost Siren of her home. She would want you to have it."

He nodded then left. Rey smiled. "Friends don't always help but we try Tatia. Please forgive us."

He smiled then let her be as Elaya, very well rested and almost dancing with joy from her full night's cuddle with Sera, walked up and saw the gifts and froze, then gently moved closer. "So. Rey told you....Gerry can't share that story. Even with me."

She knew Tatia was still hurting, so she decided to make an offer. "Hey when we get to Ocean City why do i find you a hidden cove? You know a good fresh bit of the great Pacific where no one can get to you. You can swim in the waters of your birth. Really get the sea back into your bones. And you'll be safe. Sera, Drea, and I will keep watch. Whatcha think?"

Drea, for once, had been too busy to mother Tatia. She was instead irritated with Kai. "Young man that is it. You are going to dress decently and you are going to actually fix your hair if I have to hold you down and do it myself!"

It seemed that his jeans had ripped or otherwise opened to expose his genitalia and Drea, who had always hated the distressed grunge look, especially on him, had had enough. She grabbed him, slammed him to a seat, and began to style his hair, using her water to hold down as she chattered about how handsome he would look with a real hairstyle rather than the tousled mess he always kept on his head.

Narxis and Amitiel were watching and very carefully not laughing as she might demand the same of them at any moment, but they were quite enjoying his misery.

After speaking to Tatia, Gerry was doing a sweep, while Rey had double checked their gear and checked on the prisoner, and came out of the cave to see Kai being altered, and as he kept himself immaculately groomed and clean, he sat down, grinning, and openly laughing at Kai.

Drea ignored them, telling Kai how he should also wear some grown up clothing, and swiped his hand socks and refused to return them, and even shaved him with razor sharp water blades. She didn't remove his mustaches and goatee but she tidied him up, and when she finished he did look even more rugged, despite the clean shave, and now brushed and parted locks. She beamed happy with her success and patted his shoulder. "And start wearing a shirt. I don't like seeing your nipples."

This was too much for the watchers who fell over howling with laughter now.

BERSHKA_Marlon_teixeira02.jpg

"Drea!" her whined as she slapped him down and worked on him, hating the water blades the most. The men howled in laughter at him, making him hate her fussing even more.

"I like my hair like this," he tried to retort but she was having none of it.

When she was done he just frowned at her, crossing his arms over his chest, "My shirt ripped in my last change. I told you I don't have regular clothes because they keep ripping. I just buy new ones when I need them."

"Or take them off of some poor sap," Sera laughed, ruffling his hair as she strolled by, "I like the look you gave him Drea. Good luck getting him to wear clothes."

"No help?" Kai asked and she shook her head and laughed harder, joining in with the rest of the men. She strolled over to Elaya, sidling up to her but not touching her as she was busied talking to Tatia.

One second she was sitting quietly eating breakfast and mulling over her darkened thoughts with a fake smile plastered on her face. The next...she had Rey right up in her face. Tatia stood, her back pressing hard into the rock as she worried there was some trick here. She'd never been cornered by these two and with everything that had happened the day before she wasn't ready for any more 'heart-to-heart' talks.

To her surprise they came bearing gifts. She gave Rey a confused look at his and turned to Gerry, accepting the small jar in wonder at what was inside.

"The locket is too much," she shook her head, looking shocked Gerry would even think of giving her such a personal gift that must have meant much more to him than it would to her, "Gerry I can't take this from you. Please. I don't deserve such kindness. You should have this to remember her by."

He was having none of it though and left, refusing to take the gifts back. He left her alone with Rey and she was hyper aware of that, as well as the gift laying on her neck she did not feel she deserved. Her eyes turned to Rey's, her guard's going up as she remembered what he had said the night before that had stung, and not wishing a repeat.

"Why are you doing this to me?" she whispered, giving him an accusing look, "You rejected me last night yet you continue to play games with my heart. If you are truly bad for me than stop this...this..."

She shook the flowers gently in her hand, expressing she was talking about them, "My favorite flowers? Getting Gerry to give me these gifts? This is what a man does when he is trying to win a woman's heart, not break it. You muddling my thoughts again. Please make up your mind."

Her words were not angry or hurt, her voice void of emotion as she struggled to control herself. Turning to walk away she got caught by Elaya, and started wishing she could turn invisible, not ready for any more accosting. Rey left and Tatia's grip on the flowers grew tight, almost breaking the stems.

"Why is everyone trying to give me gifts?" she asked, taken by surprise at Elaya's offer, "I don't deserve any of this kindness. Honestly. You are too generous Elaya."

"Don't deserve what kindness?" Sera asked, stepping up to them, "Who gave you the flowers?"

Tatia looked more distressed then anything as her eyes flashed to Reynault, and Sera knew the woman felt overwhelmed. Grabbing Elaya's hand she made an excuse to pull them away, watching Tatia sigh in relief and rush into the cave.

"She just needs a few minutes to wind down again," Sera explained, intertwining her fingers in Elaya's, "The girl's been getting overloaded for two days now. Besides I need your advise. What are we doing with the assassin?"

Rey did manage to answer before Elaya joined them. "because I know that being overwhelmed with kindness is much better than living in fear and convinced you are hated."

Elaya moved with Sera. "We're trying to make her feel part of the group. She's feeling very isolated. Drea is working on Kai."

Drea prodded the shifter and nodded. "Much better. At the next town you and i are going shopping. You need real clothing."

Still laughing the boys joined Elaya and Sera. Rey smiled. "All packed and ready to go boss."

Elaya arched an eyebrow."And the prisoner?"

Rey shrugged. Elaya looked at Sera. "I say we kill her. She can't be trusted and she tried to kill one of us. i say we let Tatia do it if she wants."

Sera nodded to Elayas words, and told the team to wait outside while she collected Tatia and handled the prisoner. She was going to let her do the honours but then she spotted Tatia. She was sitting in the back of the cave, plucking the petals off her flowers and dropping them in a jar of water. Sera watched as the siren relaxed, finishing her petal plucking and laying the stems to the side, before lifting the jar up to her nose and inhaling deeply. Serenity washed over her face as Sera watched unnoticed, and see her there staring at the jar like it was the most precious thing in the world...Sera didn't want to ruin that for her.

"Hey Tatia, we are getting ready to leave," Sera called, ducking behind a rock so she wouldn't know she was spying on her.

"Coming!" Tatia called.

She waited till the siren was leaving, the small jar having disappeared into her satchel she carried for Kai and herself. Sera stepped in and with quick measure burnt the prisoner to ash, leaving no trace of her being there. Returning outside she found herself witnesses quite a...weird display. Tatia had strolled right up to Gerry and hugged him, saying not a word. Sera was just coming out as Tatia pulled away, the whole group looking on in surprise.

"Time to head out," Seraphina clapped her hands, catching everyone's attention and turning it off of Tatia once more, "Amitiel your in the air with Kai as usual. Let's roll out!"

Gerry blinked when Tatia hugged him, but returned the embrace gently.

Drea and Elaya both beamed, and Rey smiled, then they all jumped to their orders. This time Rey walked with the sorceress, while Elaya took her place beside Sera, though she was now all business.

Gerry remained near Tatia, and slowly began to tell her about offensive tricks he had seen Aloria do, or she had told him about her kind doing. Aloria had been able to focus her voice and alter it to target just one being, immensely strengthening control, and had also learn different singing styles that gave her more options, such as causing avalanches, volcanic eruptions, tidal waves, earthquakes and all sorts of interesting things. It would take time and practice, but he figured she could do it.

Narxis was at the point, alone this time, but he and Amitiel were now discussing flight patterns of their respective peoples. Narxis felt that the Angels methods of sailing high then dropping in like living bombs was most impressive, while Amitiel felt that the Demons' encirclement method was rather clever, working like a school of piranha. They also included Kai, teaching him battle tactics based on his animals, and Amitiel taught him tricks about flying the young shifter had never even dreamed of.

Elaya did smile seeing them all relaxed and calm and took Sera's hand and kissed it before returning to her constant sweeps. "I think we might just be making headway boss."

Drea hummed as she floated along, providing shade and magical protection from directly above, and absorbing even more water from the atmosphere, which gave her all sorts of knowledge on she could read.

Seraphina visibly relaxed as she watched her team relax and return to normal, no more bickering or drama. Even Lairia seemed to relax as the others did, chatting rather openly with Rey. Sera watched Tatia for a reaction but saw none, the siren making a point to not even look in Rey's direction as she paid full attention to Gerry's advise. Something still seemed...off...about Tatia, but Sera couldn't put her finger on it and she didn't want to disrupt the peace. It could be the fact she had so easily gotten over the day before, or how bubbly she suddenly was, like she was overdoing it to hide other emotions. Whatever it was Sera didn't want it to become a new problem. Ever so lightly she squeezed Elaya's hand, going unnoticed by the rest. With a flick of her eyes she looked over to Tatia and raised an eyebrow, telling the wolf to keep an eye on her, that something was up.

"Think we can make it to Eurona by nightfall guys?" she piped up, speaking of the closest city in their direction, sitting on the edge of a cliff in this rocky terrain, looking over a wide river, "Warm beds, cold beers, and some safety for the night?"

"That sounds wonderful," Lairia smiled, looking back at Sera and Elaya, "I would not mind a bath either."

"A bath isn't such a bad idea," Sera murmured under her breath, glancing at Elaya with a mischievous grin. This woman was making her more confident in herself, a side of her she rather liked. But Elaya also caused butterflies in her stomach, and one look from her caused Sera to grow lost, unsure in her advances, worried she might step over a line.

"How long will we be staying boss?" Kai asked, turning and walking backwards to speak to her. Since Drea was in the air he didn't need to shift and fly above, so he chose to walk with the rest.

"I have never seen Eurona," Lairia spoke up, "I would enjoy spending the morning exploring the city before we leave."

Sera chewed her lip. The longer they stayed in any one place, the more exposed they were to an attack, even within city walls. But she couldn't push her team through these long days and cold nights without any down time, and still expect them all to perform at their best. A few hours in the morning couldn't be too harmful, as long as Lairia took an escort.

"If everyone is up to it and we can arrive tonight, then tomorrow we can spend the morning as we wish. But only if someone accompanies the sorceress. I'm not having our client alone in a strange city."

Elaya grinned back at Sera. "Yes. You could do with a bath. And a personal scrub wolf." She wriggled her eyebrows playfully, but her nipples hardened at the idea of washing and scrubbing Sera's body. She loved how forward the Phoenix could be, and delighted in the attention, freely returning it happily.

Rey grunted. "It has been some time since i was in Eurona. i will escort the sorceress. We should arrive well before nightfall...do we have the toll for the bridges and gates?"

Elaya grunted. "Of course we do. the group purse is nearly bursting with our client's initial payment."

Drea reached down, solidifying a hand, and pushed Kai's hair back to the way she had styled it. "Much better." The hand vanish and she resumed her humming.

Narxis grunted. "Amitiel says he doesn't mind Eurona. But he isn't sharing a room or bed with me this time. They don't make the mattresses right and our wings fell through and we got stuck."

Elaya snickered remembering. "We only doubled up because you lost our board money in a card game."

"I had four of kind! Aces!"

"But you weren't playing poker."

"So I forgot." The demon grunted, then commenced to grump as Elaya giggled and pressed against Sera whispering. "We could get a private room with an actual bathtub... they had a jacuzzi one at the inn we stayed at that time.." She purred at the thought, her nipples somehow growing even harder, then she suddenly yanked away sniffing and growled.

"Amitiel." The group went silent at the snarl in the word, then the whole world exploded with sound, a shrieking wail, then a bright light erupted behind a boulder, and Amitiel, fully glorified, dragged three small boys out from behind the boulder, each of them cursing in baby swears, and mopping at their dazzled eyes. Each carried slingshots and silver shot. Elaya appropriated the weapons, then grabbed an ear of the smallest boy and lead him to Sera.

His eyes slowly cleared and he started to try to wriggle free of Elaya when he spied Sera. He gulped and smiled, revealing ruined and rotted teeth. "Hi..."

Elaya rolled her eyes and flicked behind his ear with the same hand holding it. He yelped. "Oi! Watch it!"

"Explain your presence or I'll feed you to our vampire."

The boy sneered. "you ain't got no vampire."

Rey moved over, crouched before the boy and grinned, revealing his fangs. "Don't we?"

The boy flinched then yowled as he jerked his own ear in Elaya's implacable grip. "Alright! We wuz guna try ta scare ya. mebbe loot what you dropped. We scared one geezer so bad he let off and dropped a whole pile of them pretty silver balls and a bunch gold. We spent the gold and we been using the balls to scare uders. What's it to ya-!!"

Elaya had twisted his ear and Amitiel did the same to his compatriots. Elaya then took Rey's sword, a long thing with a wide flat and swatted her prisoner's rump three sharp swats, then did the same to Amitiel's pair. "No more trying to scare people. We're keeping the pretty balls."

Anrxis growled. "I say we eat them."

Rey nodded. "they look tasty to me."

Gerry smirked. "I say we give them back the slingshots and replace the shot with better, then be on our way."

Elaya looked at Sera, looking stern though her eyes were shining. They were just kids.

Seraphina crossed her arms, looking none too happy with the three of them. They were just kids though, and from the dirty rags they wore they weren't well kept. Chances were they lived on a nearby farm, or perhaps a tiny village nestled off the road the team had yet to stumble upon. The closer they got to Eurona the more populated the road would be, not another city for a good couple days in any direction. It was dangerous though for farmers to live outside the city walls with beasts and mercenaries wandering alike, and to leave children unattended would get them killed.

"Where are you from?" she asked the one wiggling in Elaya's grip.

"Town ova the hill," his little eyebrows knitted, "Ya not guna tell me mum are ya?"

Sera flashed him a white toothy grin, "She doesn't know you've snuck out of the town, huh? Did you think of what would happen if something big and bad came out of those trees and ate you?"

Kai growled then, having snuck into the bush to look for others and was on his way back. He ducked low and transformed so all the kids could see were two bloodshot red eyes peering at them from the forest, and that deep growl that made them all freeze.

"Would be a shame if you got eaten," Sera continued, "Your mothers and fathers would miss you dearly."

"We are sorry miss," one of them piped up, looking the most terrified of the three, "Really."

"You should feel lucky that we don't eat children," Sera teased them, smiling all along as the three wiggled and squirmed, looking uncomfortable and afraid, "Tatia. You're up. Gerry headphones please."

Tatia stepped up, smiling at all three of them as she crouched down and spoke softly, "listen to my voice little ones. You will go home. All three of you. You will stay in your village where you are safe. When you look at the trees you will know it's not safe to enter them until you are all grown up. You will be good for your mums and dads, you will say sorry for running away. You want to do this yes?"

All three nodded, hypnotized by her voice. Adults usually could understand she was manipulated them even though they couldn't stop her. Children weren't as wise.

Once Tatia had done her thing, Elaya and Amitiel released the captives and sent them on their way, with Tatia's song and the stinging on their backsides and the already growing story of the monster in the forest to keep them safe and honest.

She waited until they were out of sight, then laughed and turned to the forest. "Kai get your butt out here. What have I told you about growling?" She imitated him. it wasn't bad. "It comes from the diaphragm not the throat."

She gave her own growl and even Amitiel flinched at the sound. "Please don't do that."

She giggled then looked at Sera. "Shall we away?"

Narxis caught the bag of silver shot and hid it and Drea suddenly said. "We just stole from children!"

"Did not. Amitiel replaced their shot with lead balls, and gave each of them four crown to find at the the bottoms of their shot bags. What do they have to complain about?"

The angel nodded, then spread his wings and resumed his post as Elaya went back to advising Kai on proper sound tones, and Gerry removed his headphones and resuming his singing discussion with Tatia, though now he was curious how she had directed the boy's mind.

"Onward," Sera nodded and they lurched back into motion once Kai was dressed and out of the trees. While Elaya spoke to Kai and Everyone else seemed to resume their conversations Sera fell to the back, enjoying the quiet as the group walked ahead a few paces. They were still within eye sight and earshot but she could also enjoy the calmness around her and the clear sky. Watching Amitiel and Drea in the sky reminded her she hadn't flown in a while now, having not thought to with her mind swirling around Elaya. She had no need to unless she wanted it, and there were no consequences if she remained in flesh form as long as she stayed warm and used her fire frequently.

"How long Rey?" She called to the vampire at the front of the procession with Lairia, asking him how many more miles. He knew this route better than she did.

"About four hours at this pace Boss."

Elaya chuckled noting her lover's gaze, and whispered. "You wanna fly? Go for it. I'll hold your clothes. Go race Amitiel. he always says he is the quickest flier."

She had made sure the angel heard the last and he scowled and called into the comms. "I never said that."

Everyone except Laria snapped back. "Oh yes you did."

Narxis sniffed. "You said divine power gave you the speed of light multiplied."

Rey grunted. "And that your wings are more aerodynamic than any other creature's."

Drea giggled. "And that you could fly into the wind with your wings flared and still be faster than anyone else."

Gerry laughed. "You also said you could outfly the range of any magic the moment it appeared."

Elaya touched Sera's hand and whispered. "C'mon Boss. Go whip his divine ass." her yes danced playfully. She loved to see Sera fly. Well she loved to see Sera do anything, but Sera in flight took her breath away. And the Phoenix was always so happy and relaxed after she did so.

She leaned in close. "I'll keep us moving down here. Go have some fun. it's been a stressful couple days on you too."

BERSHKA_Marlon_teixeira02.jpg

Kai looked back at Sera, "Are you really going to race Amitiel? Boy is he going to get his ass kicked."

"Race to what though?" Tatia grinned, joining the conversation, "If we let them fly we may lose them."

"To the closest mountain and back. There is one on the horizon. Let us see who truly flies the best."

Sera smiled, watching them all get animated in the discussion, her grin growing at Elaya's words, as the group waited for her decision, "It's alright, I needed new cloth in the city anyways. You should all stand back."

"Awesome," Kai stepped in between Rey and Lairia, looking excited as they all made a clear space for Seraphina, knowing she'd need it, "You are in for a treat sorceress. She is a sight to behold."

46dee1ab-ce36-4a43-91ab-cb27b279353e_zpsfoyjvaua.png

Seraphina waited till they were all out of the way and then she knelt, her fire exploding around her. It wrapped and twisted around her body, growing wide and thick as her body began to mold and form, transforming from her human flesh to that of a birds. First came the massive wings, built of strength and fire. Next the fire consumed her being, melting away her physical form and reshaping it, giving her a sharp beak and long talons. Red plumage covered her body, every feather alight with fire. As her true form solidified she shot into the air, the fire pushing her to the sky. She was massive, easily the size of Elaya in wolf form, looming over Amitiel.

There was no way she could speak any human tongue, the language of phoenix's primal, made of body language and varying chirps and shrill cries. For anyone not a phoenix it would sound like simple bird cries, the language too hard for any humanoid to understand or replicate. Sera didn't need to communicate though. She soared over Amitiel, her massive form blocking the sun for a second, but burning so bright it made the sun look weak. She shot forward and swooped low, crying out loudly to him to keep up as her huge wings beat and carried her higher, each beat of her wings pushing her quickly away.

Elaya forgot to breath as Seraphina changed, but as the Phoenix mounted the wings she drew out her purse. "two hundred crowns on Seraphina. Anyone?"

Her eyes remained locked on her lover. She was magnificent. Elaya could feel her heart pounding in her chest so hard it seemed to be trying to break through her ribs and smiled.

Gerry grunted. "I have twenty on Sera too."

Rey watched the Phoenix, then looked at Amitiel who glorified fully again. "I think it'll be close. i'll take Gerry's bet on Sera."

Narxis studied them both. "I'll take your's Elaya. I think your Phoenix is about to get smoked."

Drea dropped her own purse into Elaya's hand. "Fifty silver on Sera."

Narxis nodded. "Done."

Elaya smiled, still watching Sera and whispered. "Fly beautiful. Fly." Her eyes burned with delight and a passion inexpressible. Sera in flames ignited Elaya's heart in a way nothing else ever could.

Tatia drew out her purse, watching Kai do the same as Lairia just stared in awe.

"Twenty on Sera as well," she breathed, unable to look away as Kai piped up, "I'll take Tatia's bet. Twenty on Amitiel."

"You were the one saying she'd win," Tatia laughed, never looking away from the firey beast in the sky.

"Yeah, but maybe Amitiel will surprise us?"

cad05b24.jpg

She was fire. She was heat. She rode on air and soared high and she forgot all that she was. Sera lost herself in the beautiful blue sky, climbing higher and higher so those below saw her shrink in form, until wandering eyes would see nothing more than a bird, nothing to worry about. And even as she soar high she kept ahead of Amitiel, her powerful wings driving her forward as the fire boosted her speed. She swooped and dived and twirled in the blue sky, dancing through clouds as she felt the air rush under her wings. All too soon the mountain loomed close and she circled it, heading back to where she had left the group, seeing Amitiel at her heels, swooping around the mountain as she raced away.

Sera had to hand it to him, he was fast. But not quick enough. She soared high again, concealing her identity to anyone who looked to the sky as she played on the wind, happy Elaya had convinced her to fly. It was glorious.

4a7a9c746ab9bc4ad7b102894b5709ba.jpg

Below they stared on in awe, all of them watching as Sera's form flew high into the sky until she looked no more than a mere hawk. While the group watched this all happen, no one noticed the band of mercenaries approaching, not until one of Lairia's wards went off, having casted magic in a large diameter around herself to warn of danger. She turned in time to see an arrow nocked and shot straight for Gerry, her hand shooting out as she yelled in Latin, freezing the arrow inches from penetrating the human's skull. The arrow fell to the ground and Lairia looked to the rest of the group seeing some confusion. None of them had heard the approach, the mercenaries deadly silent as if wrapped in a bubble.

"Magic," Lairia snarled, angry that there was yet another group sent after her box, "They are here for me."

Kai growled low, as the mercenaries got closer, ready for a fight. Narxis stepped forward and pushed Tatia back, knowing she would not be good in this battle and the siren did not object. But there was no fight to be had. As soon the man with the bow drew another arrow and aimed at Elaya he screamed and turned to ash as a giant ball of fire collided with him. Around him many were scorched or burnt up as well, while a few survived, trying to flee. Sera screamed, the phoenix's shrill cry in anger at the threat to her group as she threw her wings out, smoking another three men. The last she devoured, her flames and her talons ripping them as her beak decapitated the last of them. Death and destruction lay around her as her fires withdrew back into her and before them she slowly transform to human flesh, her fire and her feathers growing into her skin, her wings dissipating. Once more she became ivory skinned and copper hair, blood coating her face and her hands from her meals.

"No one points an arrow at you," she growled, looking only at Elaya, a dark fire in her eyes, "No one."

Back
Top Bottom