Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Colliding Worlds (BurningWillows & Greeneyed23)

Elaya sighed, rolled off and shifted into human form. "no. We are ready to go."

She drew Sera up into a true kiss and smiled, then lead her outside where everyone was waiting. Except Daniel. He had gone to handle the items that could be prepared, especially the forms and stuff that needed to be signed.

he was not hurt by Sera's outburst. he had dealt with far worse in his time. He was actually surprised she had taken it so well.

Hvedra was back in her throne watching everyone, chatting quietly with her husband. Elaya looked at Sera. "Do we have to do this?"

Sera sighed, squeezing Elaya's hand as they stepped out of the the tent, "We do my love. It's for Tatia's health. That's what matters."

The goodbyes were heartfelt. Everyone took turns hugging Lairia, then Tatia, then Rythert, and making sure Ebony and Rhaegal got scratches too.

"Next time you see them they'll be huge," Lairia smiled at Elaya, sounding sad, "I will see you soon friend."

She looked to Rythert then and nodded, taking one of their hands while her other rose, her voice loud and clear as she spoke in a long dead language. Before her the thin air ripped apart, swirling within itself as a portal erupted.

"Focus on where we are going," she told Rythert, knowing they knew the place, "Tatia don't let go of them or Ebony till we are through."

Lairia let go of Rythert's hand to grip Ebony's scruff, making sure she would not lose them. With the final goodbyes they all stepped in...and were gone.

"It's time for us now," Sera murmured to Elaya, holding her close, "Let's go home."

~

Arya had pulled Narxis to the side as everyone else was packing, off to where they were alone and unheard. Then she held her hand up with the ring, wiggling it in his face.

"You just had to surprise me with this gorgeous little gem," she grinned, pulling her hand down a bit, "Knowing I could never say no to such a handsome face. So yes, my prince. I will be yours. But I am no princess. Frills and girly colors aren't for me."

She winked, holding her head up high, "I'm your queen baby."
~

The road north was a long but beautiful one. As the landscape got colder, the nights seem to get brighter, and the sunrises and sets were always gorgeous, having it take them two days now of travel, going on foot. After saying goodbye to Lairia, Tatia, Rythert, Rhaegal and Ebony, they made them promise to visit as soon as they were settled, and of course to come to the wedding, which Sera was hoping would come sooner than later, having many plans in her mind but wanting to get North first.

So along with the court, Elaya, Sera, Gerry, Amitiel, Narxis, and Arya all ventured North. It was a little surprising for even Sera that Arya agreed to follow along without complaint, but something had changed in the death hound, making her far more trusting and loyal to Narxis, and neither the demon nor the death hound had truly explained what had happened that day Arya had disappeared.

As they got closer to the border of the Metuzi territory the air was already rather cold, and she could see snow in the distance, although their path was still speckled with green and yellow grass. Pulling the fur coat closer around her body, Sera never thought she’d actually be struggling to stay warm. But with the colder weather her only choices were turning to flame or the fur coat. And as she was still terrified to do the former choice, fearing her baby’s life, she chose the warmer clothing. The fur was actually from a fox, to her relief – if it had been wolf’s fur she would have been mortified. She could also turn into her bird form, after much arguing on her and Elaya’s part the day they left camp -if she didn’t shift once in a while it would hurt Sera – and when she had tried she had found it safe, fortunately, to transform to her bird form.

“I’m going to take to the skies for a bit,” she stated to Elaya, one hand clasping her mate’s, the other buried within the coat as she stared up at the evening sky, wanting to feel the wind and warm her bones with her own heat, “You know how to call me if you need me love.”

Kissing Elaya she shrugged off the fur coat and handed it to her before branching off from the group so that she could shift. A few were’s paused to watch, and she didn’t mind, knowing for them it was a unique, maybe even once in a lifetime chance to see a Phoenix sprout their wings. This was only her second time doing it as well since they had left camp. The first had been alone with Elaya, away from all eyes. Now she felt the shift and her flesh fell away to flaming feathers, a shrill cry escaping her throat as she flexed her wings and dug her feet into the ground, scorching the grass.

“Damn,” Arya breathed, having never seen the sight before herself.

Sera shook herself then chirped and hoped towards Elaya, now twice the height of her lover, looking like an enormous hawk on fire. I love you, is what Sera wanted to say but she knew Elaya would understand, as she pressed her beak to Elaya’s hand, no longer afraid to burn her.

Then she took to the skies. Her wings pumped and she quickly flew higher, soaring and circling the group below, enjoying the winds as her body warmed. She had needed this. Truly needed this. As she flew and soared above them, she noticed the front of the procession was halting, and there seemed to be people in the way, although from here she couldn’t make out who. Her group and Elaya’s parents were actually in the middle of the procession, surrounded by the court. They would not have noticed the halt yet, too far back. Sera changed that as she let out a cry of warning and dipped down, diving closer. Her group would recognize the call, having been around her long enough. She had used it often when scouting. Her cry meant something was approaching. As she dived lower she pulled up only feet from the were’s shooting over their heads as a few ducked and others gasped. Now all the were’s were halting, the whole procession coming to a stop for whatever reason. Sera had to know.

As she got closer to the front she let out another warning cry, calling back to Elaya to make sure her mate would meet her at the front. She wouldn’t be surprised if Elaya was already there, always the fastest one. As she did another cry came out, this one above her. She pulled up in surprise, her massive wings pumping hard to keep her midair as sparks flew out of them and she could see another fire bird diving from the sky, the dark plumage familiar.

Jeziah!” she called out in their language as he neared. But he didn’t pull up to greet her in the sky. He plummeted down, only pulling up in the last second as he bursted into flames and then flesh, directly beside Elaya, feet from the front of the procession. More gasps could be heard, having never seen such a thing. Sera did a back flip in the air and righted herself, landing on Elaya’s other side with much less of a show and turning straight to flesh, skipping the fire show Jeziah had given them.

“Jeziah what are you – Mom? Dad?!” Sera’s eyes popped open, recognizing the two red haired beings standing in the path’ way, both their arms crossed. The man looked just like Jeziah, tall and thin, with copper hair like his son, and faded freckles on his nose. He looked no more than Jeziah’s age though, maybe a few years older, but the wisdom in his blue eyes gave away his age. His lips were thin and frowning, his jaw strong like Jeziah’s, but wider. The woman had a much similar appearance, looking even closer to Jeziah’s age, with wise old green eyes and thin lips that were pursed. Her hair was closer to auburn, and she was easily a foot shorter than her partner. With both of them standing there the resemblance to Jeziah was remarkable, and the lack of resemblance to Seraphina was easily seen. No one would comment on it though, as the only one who could truly notice was Elaya. The other were’s didn’t know Sera well enough, and her group would find similarities in Sera’s height with her mothers, ignoring the fact Sera’s hair was a fiery red compared to their lighter ones, and her eyes were a chocolate brown.

“You can’t do this!” Jeziah snapped without warning, pointing a finger at them, “You’re being unreasonable and-“

“Enough Jeziah,” their father snapped and Jeziah actually flinched back, but stood his ground.

“What is going on?” Sera stepped forward but held out a hand for Elaya to stay back.

“They got your invitation,” Jeziah growled, stepping up beside Sera, “And they are hear to address it. I’m here to stop them.”

Sera’s heart seized and her stomach knotted. This didn’t sound good. She looked back and motioned for those were’s closest to back down a bit, creating space so that it was just the group and Sera’s family, not to mention Elaya’s parents.

“Mom…dad…not here,” Sera begged, her voice soft, “Can we do this elsewhere? Or never?”

Her mother snorted and looked to Seraphina, “No we are doing this now Seraphina, before you throw your life away.”

Sera flinched, not just from her mother’s tone, but from her words.

“She’s choosing love,” Jeziah snapped in her defense, ignoring his father’s glare, “She’s found someone to make her happy. As her parents, doesn’t she deserve that much?”

“This doesn’t concern you Jeziah,” their father snapped, “She is breaking our customs and traditions. We are here to put a stop from it before she ruins her life.”

“I’m not ruining anything!” Sera replied, actually hurt her parents would make this so public, “I love Elaya-”

Her mother made a face and it made Jeziah growl and Sera feel her mood switch to rage as her parents disrespected her fiancé in front of her people.

“-and I will marry her.”

“Phoenix’s are to marry other Phoenix’s,” her mother replied, looking disgusted in her daughter, “All we want for you is to find a nice male Phoenix and carry on our kind. There is only ten of us left Seraphina, and you are risking our extinction for your play time with the stray mutt.”

Jeziah hair burst into flames as his knuckles cracked and Sera pushed Elaya behind her, her own hair flickering to life, “How dare you?! That’s my fiancé!”

“You don’t even know Elaya!” Jeziah chimed in, “If anyone is perfect for my sister and YOUR daughter its her! She’s risked everything time and time again for Sera!”

“I know what I see, and what I see is my daughter’ misguided affections for a loyal lapdog, nothing else,” their mother responded coldly. There had perhaps been a time they had truly been nice people, but Sera knew it would have been long ago. Immortality and their purposeful exclusion from the world had made them old, cruel, and bitter. Neither Sera nor Jeziah had visited them in decades, knowing all they would get is harsh words and negativity. Seraphina hadn’t even planned to invite her parents, but Daniel must have put their names on the list without knowing the kind of people they were.

“You are coming with us and forgetting this nonsense once and for all,” her father ordered, looking only at Seraphina.

“And if I don’t,” she challenged, flames licking her knuckles as rage boiled off of her.

“Then we will disown you,” he stated plainly, his face so calm it was as if they were speaking about the weather now. His words hit Sera like a train. Why couldn’t they understand? Why couldn’t they just love her for her, like Jeziah did?

“You’d disown me for finding love?” she demanded, unbelieving, “For wanting happiness? You aren’t even giving me a chance to show you! We love each other! I am going to marry her, and live with her. We are going to raise our kids-“

“You cannot have kids with a were daughter,” her mother cut in, “No Phoenix has-“

“Well I have!” she snapped, and Jeziah’s head swung to look at her, incredulously, “I’m pregnant mom and dad! Elaya and I are going to have a child!”

Jeziah looked at them stunned for all of three seconds before he turned and scooped Elaya up into a hug, then pulling back, whooping and cheering, forgetting his parents, “Congratulations my dear sisters. I’m going to be an Uncle! Oh you’ll make the best of parents!”

“You are not serious Jeziah?!” their mother snapped, “This is an abomination…this is-“

“Shut your mouth mother,” Jeziah cut her off, turning an icy glare at his mother who looked shocked, “This is a miracle come true and you will not ruin this for them. Leave. You will not hurt Seraphina with your words.”

“Then she is not our daughter anymore,” their father warned and Sera’s heart felt as if it broke, her body shaking as her flame went out and she grasped Elaya’s hand for support.

“Daddy…” she whispered, wanting to beg them to reconsider, the anger leaving her as fear that her parents truly hated her set in.

“Don’t waste your breath Sera, they won’t listen to reason,” Jeziah exclaimed then stomped closer to his parents, “Fine, disown her. I’m sure the family she is marrying into is ten times better than you are. And while you disown her, disown me too. You no longer have children. You don’t deserve them.”

Jeziah turned his back on them and he didn’t need to look to see they took to their bird forms and soared away. When he could no longer feel their heat he pulled Sera into a tight hug, who was already holding back her sobs, trying to look strong in front of the Metuzi. Letting Sera go, he moved to Elaya and hugged her tightly too, whispering in her ear.

“She needs you more than ever right now,” he whispered, “I am sorry your clan had to see our family argument. My parents cannot understand the beauty in the love you and Sera share.”

He moved away from Elaya to introduce and distract the King and Queen, giving them sweeping bows. As he did, Sera shuffled off to the side, away from everyone so no one could hear her heart breaking, or the sobs forming on her lips. For once she wished she could cry, just to release the pain inside of her from the rejection and humiliation her parents had served her.

Elaya stared at the newcomers and smiled. "Hello i-"

Then things happened. Way too fast. She was hurt by the snaps about her being a dog. but to see how little they cared for her daughter.

That sent rage through her that would make any wise being flee.

Then suddenly Jeziah was hugging her. He almost got killed for it.

Then Sera was suddenly all alone, and Jeziah was hugging her again.

She blinked and looked at him, then looked toward Sera.

And her heartbroke.

Hvedra and Gurik glowered at Jeziah until he had introduced himself. Then they relaxed. A little. Hvedra spoke very softly. "You are welcome in Metuzi lands anytime. You are pack now as well. But i must warn you, your...parents are no longer welcome in my domain. I cannot beleive they would hurt their own child so."

Gurik was furious. Amitiel and Narxis sidled away from him, and Gerry gently moved well away from both werewolves.

Narxis gently touched Arya's arm. "Come my queen. We need to check on something away from here." his eyes warned her not to speak. Emotions were running high and just the glare he got from Gurik told him just his statement was not met with happiness. He lead her away to study the landscape.

Gerry and Amitiel gently gathered Jeziah and drew him away as well, and slowly the Queen and King moved away as well.

During all of this, Elaya had shifted to her were form. and gone to her Seraphina and wrapped the redhead into her arms, then covered her with her long thick and fluffy tail. She held her close, feeding massive heat into the Phoenix, but saying nothing. Words could not capture how either of them felt. So she just held her lover. Letting her feel her presence.

As everyone separated to process what they saw, find space, or simply avoid the others, Sera dropped to her knees, hidden within Elaya's furry embrace. Then she started to sob, burying her face in her lover's body as she screamed and cried her frustrations and heartbreak into them. No tears came, but anyone who heard it would think she was. And even when her sobs finally ceased, she continued to bury herself in Elaya's warmth, too devastated to suck in the warmth, instead only comforted in the slight by it as she held onto Elaya tightly.

"Why?" she squeaked out in such a tiny voice, "Why do they find me unlovable?"

It was the question of not just a phoenix shunned by her family, but of an orphan girl, a tiny red head lost on a volcano top, crying for help, scared out of her mind as she knew nothing and had no one. It was the tiny voice of a toddling baby Phoenix, lost and alone.

An hour past and while many had just begun to come to grips and regrouped, Sera hadn't budged, shaking as she clung to Elaya, not even sure if she could walk, too upset to try.

Elaya moved then shifted, growing her fur until it was so thick Sera was stuck within it. She then shook her shaggy head until her mane was mired about Sera in massive heat holding clumps.

She then walked toward her parents, the movement only serving to tighten the fur about Sera, and warming her up.

"Mother May i enter? i am going to take Sera to our house. We will come to the Mount soon. And please keep Daniel away. And everyone else for now. Jeziah you will be welcome of course. But please knock first."

She bowed as her mother nodded.

Elaya turned and moved ahead of the procession, the turned her head toward her lover and smiled. "Let's fly baby."

She launched herself, heading east actually, but tearing up the earth as she truly poured on the speed. They went miles in moments, and Elaya just got faster and faster. Slowly she began to edge north, until they struck the basin of the Arctic Ocean, which used to be Hudson Bay.

All the running had pour heat out of her body into her fur, into her Seraphina. And now she was warmed up. She rolled her shoulders, then raised her head and howled.

It was impossibly loud. or it seemed that way until what had to be several hundred thousands of wolves answered the howl, holding it out until the earth seemed ready to split from the force of it.

Then Elaya spoke. "Welcome home my Seraphina."

And she took off. Even at her quickest Sera had never gone this fast.

Even as they ran Elaya grew stronger, more powerful, and quicker. She ate up the miles of snow. A tree miles in the distance with one step would be out of sight behind them with the next. And it kept increasing as the howl just went on and on, filling the whole of the world.

Then suddenly Elaya slowed easily and they came to a stop in a small well protected valley. it was surrounded by mountains high craggy and impassable. Within these mountains, dead ahead, were three open mountain tops filled with red glows.

"Welcome home again darling."

Elaya walked to large lava mound formed from all three volcanoes, which as they neared grew brighter and brighter. "These are the Broken Fangs Seraphina."

Only now did it become clear that the howl had ended the moment they had stopped.

Elaya pawed a stone and a wall of rock fell to reveal a simple yet lovely French door. They opened and Elaya walked in. The doors shut and wall of rock rose again. Then lines of fire lit within the walls of the wooden structure. The paneling was a dark cherry oak, and smelled wonderful. Certain panels lit from behind from the flames, but did not show any sign of burning.

The furniture was simple, and the structure rather bare.

Elaya walked further in, and the entire wall opposite of the doors opened up. Elaya smiled. "Think of this like the front porch." It was actually very hot within the house, and even more so in the large cavern behind the structure.

Elaya looked down a short hall to the left. "That's the kitchen." As she spoke the fire lines came up in here as well, revealing the very modern kitchen, and here a dining area, and a lowered sitting area with an actual fireplace around an inset floor coach. The floor itself was all wood panels, dark and gorgeous. A massive spray of blue frost orchids lay on the twelve foot long dining table. Elaya looked to the right. "Down there is the nursery, a guest bedroom, and guest bath."

She then moved past the sitting area and dining room, toward a third slightly ascending tunnel. She entered it, the light following them, and through a massive pair of magohany French doors, lay an expansive master bedroom, complete with many decorations, a oversized king bed, a fully stocked library, an equally massive master bathroom, and desks, and finally a ceiling , slightly lwoerred over the bed that was entirely clear and showed the actually flowing magma they lived beneath.

"We can expand and change anything we want. I just wanted to have some place that would be safe for you. And the babies. The broken fangs are actually just a single volcanic system with three peaks. We are directly beneath it's core. The very hottest part of it. i know it isn't like your home volcano...but I hope it will do."

She gently shrugged Sera off her shoulders and shifted so she lay beside her on the bed. She kissed Sera's temple and wrapped her arms about her. "This is our home baby. Where you and I will live. Where our kids will grow up. I had this built, and readied to be expanded on, for you."

She squeezed gently, then reached up and touched the ceiling and the magma parted. From here they could actually see up through all three crater holes. "There are more wards and special magics on this place than even the Circle could ever hope to find. It cannot be found or entered by anyone except with our permission. Even the kids wont be able to allow that."

She removed her hand and the magma reformed above them, giving off the tremendous heat on it could. "There is a barrier between this house and any magma or fire. Nothing here will burn except what we put in the fireplace.I know it's not perfect. But i hope you and I can make it perfect. Together."

She looked into Sera's eyes. She would never speak about what had happened. But the invitation was there. Elaya was her love. Her family. Anything the redhead wanted. All she had to do was say yes.

Sera felt surrounded by fur, and it never felt so safe. She curled in it, her eyes squeezed shut as she shuddered, the pain leaving her numb and speechless. She could hear Elaya speaking, her voice rumbling through her body as she told them where they were going.

"Thank you sister," Jeziah spoke calmly, speaking to Elaya but Sera could hear, "I must make sure my parents cause no more damage and I will return."

And then they were off. She could hear the wind whipping past them, Elaya being incredibly fast. Sera never moved her head to look, never even budged from her spot within her fur until they slowed and the howl ceased. Only then did she wearily raise her head, and a bit of color came back to her cheeks as she saw the volcanos.

"This...is home?" she sounded tired yet hopeful as they neared it. She sat up more, watching and looking. As they stepped inside her eyes widened a bit and she reached out a hand, touching the veins in the walls.

"I love it," she whispered, looking about. As they moved further in she continued to marvel at the beautiful wood, the bright viens in the wall, and in all the beauty of the place. The open space, the kitchen, the dining room and living room. All of it was wonderful. Still mostly unfurnished but Sera could already envision what she wanted in each room, and the distraction of it was helping ease her heart.

As they ascended upwards into what Sera could call the second floor, they found themselves stepping through french doors into a massive master bedroom. Immediatly her eyes were drawn to the magma, but it wasn't until Elaya shrugged her off and pulled her to the bed that she reached and ran her hands over it.

"Anything we want," she whispered, looking around before laying her head on Elaya's shoulder, "Windows...I would love a few windows so I can see the sky. I would ache without it."

She thought about it a bit more, "But tinted still, to keep any from noticing them. And a balcony my love. Nothing grand, but I miss my night flights among the stars. I would love to be able to step out of our bedroom for a flight...maybe I could take you with me one time."

She had never flown with anyone yet. But now that she thought about it, she badly wanted to. With Elaya. Always Elaya.

"We will make it perfect," she sighed happily, closing her eyes, "Jeziah's friend will come soon, and we will decorate our home to be perfect and all ours. I love you Elaya. Thank you. For not...rejecting me."

Elaya cupped her face. Rather hard actually.

"Listen to me clearly woman. And understand. You are mine. mine forever and always. my love. my life. my wife. my family. my everything. Don't you ever doubt that for even a moment. Do you understand?"

She gave the Phoenix no chance to answer and kissed her firmly, sealing this.

She then shifted and stretched as she lay back. "I'll make sure the craftsmen know. They are very good at windows. But you will have to show them where you want them. And a balcony would be nice. There is a jut a bit up where the lava created a pressure release. It will give you nice hot air flow to jump off with."

She kissed Sera's hand softly. "I love you so much Sera." And she swore that she would die before she let Sera endure any more pain like tonight.

Sera listened and heard. And was rather moved and grateful to be graced with such a loving partner. She could never have asked for anyone better.

"I love you too," she whispered, lying down next to her. The bed was covered in a large fur blanket, most likely made from bear. The fur was soft and warm, not to mention the rest of the house. To others it could easily seem too hot, but for Sera and her partner, the temperature was perfect.

"That list..." she whispered, knowing Elaya had it on her, "I could use the distraction love..."

~

The rest of the group had been left with the court to continue traveling to the Mount. No one complained, as they all understood, many feeling enraged by the cruel actions against Sera. They all knew in time Sera or Elaya would send for them, an they would see their house then.

Elaya scowled at her loved but nodded. "Alright. But it's forever long. And thats just the stuff we need to get moving on nowish."

She rolled onto her stomach, put a pillow over her lover's own, then rested her chin and chest on Sera's middle as she ticked down the list.

"First of all you have to officially ask my parents. And Gus will insist I ask your family so i will have to ask Jeziah. It's a formality but Gus is well. Gus."

"After that we have to ask Mom to officiate. Another formality but this one is out of respect for her. And we can ask this at breakfast just like the others. Its just our way of thanking her for being the mother of our pack. And our Queen."

She leaned over and kissed Sera lovingly. "Next we speak to the craftsmen about what we want to add. Your windows and balcony. I want to move the nursery closer to here, and to expand the library, add some more rooms, including a sun room, a peak porch and some other things. But especially i have to have my office, and my library. i know you don't have much in the way of material things, but think on what you might like. They can make anything. Daniel says the furniture guy should be up soon. maybe even tomorrow. if he is we can start furnishing this place."

She smirked. "I'm thinking lotsa of solid hardwoods, fireproofed of course. enameled so the kids can't scratch it. The only room fully furnished is the kitchen. it has everything. Might even impress Jeziah."

She snapped her fingers. "Oh and you have to ask him to give you away. That one's because it's tradition. And because he has to be in our wedding. And you also have to ask him to cater the wedding. Because it's a Royal thing we're required to pay him. I'm more than happy to pay his full free times ten or more if he wants. You two settle that out. Gus will want a contract and menu but we'll just get it signed and have Jeziah serve whatever he thinks is best. "

She grinned and this time kissed Sera's left breast grinning as she did so. "At some point we need to speak to the spellwolves and artisans here so they can record our wedding onto crystals, and carve us into stone, wood and such. They do a wonderful job. And they will do portraits and more of us if you want. I want to celebrate us. Whatcha think?"

She gazed into Sera's eyes for a long moment then shook herself, kissed the redhead, then returned her chin to the pillow. "If we ask they will also record our vows in something permanent as well. Do you want to write personal vows?"

"I have to go ask my aunt to play for the wedding itself, and to get her kids to play as well. they are magnificent bards and singers. if you want someone else after you hear them we can do that but trust me you will want her to play. She's...she's amazing. Thats my dad's sister Jessica by the way."

"I suggest we go see the Baker tomorrow after lunch. Because he'll feed us no matter what. So small lunch. Anyway he makes the best deserts. He's some ancient deity whose pantheon got lost or destroyed. But he can't die and he is still the patron of bakers and such. Mom can tell you his real name and pantheon if you care, but he doesn't remember. His craft is everything. And baby you have never seen cakes and deserts like he makes. Just...beautiful. And the taste. i swear...the only thing sweeter are your lips."

She kissed her Seraphina and sighed happily. "Yes...your lips. he'll be thrilled to do it. And he'll help us design the cake. I say help because he'll likely make it twice as big as we ask. He just lives for this. And it will be amazing and wonderful and contain flavors that you would swear couldn't mix. Oh one thing, Mom saved him from something waay back and he says thats what killed his memory. Mom says he got into this huge fight with his siblings and they were trying to steal his powers and he's blocked it off. Anyway he doesn't like to talk about it at all."

She began to play with some of Sera's hair as she returned to the list."Daniel will be bringing his friend up so we can design our dresses then he will handmake them. He is supposed to have so ideas for us if we want and he has our sizes."

She poked Sera's hip. "You are guna look so good in that dress...mmmmm-mmmm--mmmm."

She giggled. "We also need to decide on wedding rings. i want to make you one. And we also have to get your circlet blessed by my mother, but that takes no time. When she does she also coronates you, but she'll likely just do that at a meal. maybe even breakfast tomorrow if we ask. Let's see... We need to list the flowers we want then speak to the Garden staff. They can grow anything. I swear they are moles instead of wolves. They're just awesome. We just need to give them what we want and how many and they'll get it done."

"While i am thinking about it, what do you want for the cake? Cuz I literally have no idea what to do for that. I just want a chocolate fever with a dual core. Ice cream and molten honey. We had it when Pitr had Hagath....just amazing baby trust me on this." her eyes were dancing, then she shook herself. "So we decide on the flavor. And we should have flavored icing and fondat. he hates make decorative pieces that are inedible. In fact i've never seen him do it. And he claims mere sugar sweet is a waste of food. So if you want raspberry flavored flowers, they will be the most realistic raspberry flavor you have ever had. And i'm guna ask him to make a pie array. he had about three hundred and fifty when I was here last. he had more than ten thousand before the Crush. Anyway with our cake and the pies, and jeziah's cooking you and I might actually be able to slip back here for our honeymoon rather quickly."

She kissed Sera's right breast now.

"I really want to get Tatia to sing at the wedding. I just love her voice. Gerry will be a werewolf by then so he'll be safe. That ok?"

She sighed as she looked at the list. "Then the bridal party's outfits. My dad, Gerry, and the boys. Do you want Tatia and Lairia. And jeziah of course. What colors do we want? And i figure my dad and Jeziah walk us up at the same time, give us away and take their places. Gerry could walk Lairia, Amitiel could walk Tatia, and Narxis could walk my mom?" She bit her lip. "Just a thought. My siblings will pretty much pack the pews."

"We also need to get Daniel's friend to get the measurements for the bridal party and get their stuff in order. We'll have to do that after Gerry is turned. oh speaking of which we are required to attend his turning. As i am his sponsor and you are his commander he cannot take the blood of the pack without our permission and presence." She sighed happily. "Also it would mean a lot to him. The change is hard."

She studied Sera for a moment, playing with her hair, then shook herself.

"My youngest brother and sister would likely be best for our ring bearer and flower girl. They are a year old, but they can walk. Their names are Benjamin and Billie. i haven't even met them but Mom says Billie doesn't like her full name. Billesiamina. Apparently Dad let one of the grandkids name her. Any way she's Billie. Benjamin is always benjamin. Not ben. not Benny. Not Benji. Full name everytime. Mom doesn't have a clue why but he insists on his full name. Their litter mates, ten of them, are older by six hours down to three minutes. Mom has suggested we not include them as an actual part of the ceremony as they are rather wild."

"We do have tons to plan for the reception. i still think we should just attend long enough to thank everyone, eat, have some cake, then ditch while everyone is freaking out over Jeziah's food." She grinned. "I would say then go get you preggers, but Someone couldn't wait." She leaned in to kiss Sera for a long while, drawing out the kiss then lay her head on Sera's chest as she looked at the list again.

"We do have to ask the Garden Staff for it's use so they can make preparations. Thats a rule from my mother. The last party thrown there took six months to clean up after even with our skills. She was pissed. And those are her gardens so if we even think someone might tear them up it might be best to have them watched. Which is the other thing. We can have any guest escorted by a Metuzi pack member. They will entirely safe, but also prevented from causing any trouble. I have several i want watched. you?"

"We also have to go speak with my Uncle Gustav. he is my mother's brother. The eldest boy. he is a horrible royal. So anal he got mad at me when i was born because i actually had fur. yes i am dead serious. Was furious when i opened my eyes first despite being the youngest of the litter. i was also the biggest. Anyway Gustav is...well the chancellor because he is a great administrator and treasurer. he can tell you down to the smallest percent point where every cent of metuzi wealth is. he has the names of the entire pack memorized, along with their dates of death, birth, and other major events. All of us. He's just the most rigid jackass ever. He demands rules be followed, and he wrote most of them to help him do his job. Anyway we have to register with him so he can record us, and our marriage, and also so the Mount can receive all the gifts we get. And we will get many. The Metuzi as well. Hence the real reason. Just don't let him bully you. And don't choke him. he's a total pushover and he'll go crying to my mother and she'll have to 'punish us'"

She rolled her eyes. "She'd just make us have tea with her and wouldn't let us have all the honey rolls or something. But it's a waste of time. Besides you can ignore him. he has no power. And he actually is sweet in his own way. he was born sterile, so he dotes on his nieces and nephews. My brothers are his favorite, but he promised me that he would make sure that my mate and I got the very best of everything. He and Daniel work together alot. You take him as you want. Just don't think he's actually a threat or as mean as he will act. he's just a prickly bastard who loves his family. He'll actually probably really like you. His mate is a redhead."

She winked playfully.

"We also have to meet with Bahrun and Verk. They are the Butler and Cook of the Mount. They will need to be informed of all housing requests for our guests and other such. Verk is a very good cook. Just a grumpy old wolf. My mom's baby sister. She just took over the job when they came here. Bahrun is her husband. He does run that place with an iron hand. Do not mess up his Mount. He is one of the few wolves I've seen stand up to my Mom regularly. He also seriously punished us when we were little and raised hell. He loves us like we were his own, but that is his second love. Don't mess with Verk, Bahrun, or the Mount. not worth the trouble."

She rubbed her jaw. "We also have to speak to mom and the spellwolves so our shields will allow teleporters and the like to come straight here instead of having to walk or ride all the way up. Having them come straight would be better, but we have a number of defenses, some that have stopped even deities and Lucifer himself from coming here. it's involved and requires my mom so we have to make sure they have each name, and that they don't target any of our guests. Especially Narxis, Arya, or Amitiel. Their plane shift would be a big problem unless we make the arrangements."

"Other than that we also have to sign the contracts for everything, especially for the care and feeding of any guests. Thats to shut Gus up. For the fun part we also need to decide on our gifts to the guests. Like i said I have several special ones, but i am also guna have a goody bag. tailored to each guest ina way, but also with some cool stuff. Books, scrolls, maps, stuff from before the Crush, even the old thing of bath soaps and such ya know? Do you wanna just add to mine? or make your own? Whichever you like. Thats just our little Metuzi thing. it's why Mom sent out those other invitations. We have many powers who will want to attend, and if we don't give them a gift they will be highly offended and make trouble for the pack. its greedy and selfish but it's just served to prevent problems."

She rolled onto her back, knocking the pillow away as she lay with her head on Sera's middle checking the list. "now those are the things we need to do rather quickly. Not all in one day of course, but still soon. After we set a date. We do have to confirm our colors, and decide on some aspects of pomp and circumstance. Like i'm cutting out my Royal Entrance. And my mother's. It take forever because it requires a reading of our titles. I have even more than her now. Anyway we have the location...so... actually think we're about set...Oh wait."

She snapped. "Bachelorette parties and baby shower. The parties are optional, but my sisters will beg, plead, and bribe you into have a baby shower. And they will give us all sorts of goodies for the baby so i think it would be best to have it. Sides ours are fun. Not awkward and uncomfortable. It involves a hunt, the presents, and lotsa food. And sometimes the mommy to be cries."

She grinned thinking. "Alright.... i believe that's it. Did I miss anything?"

~

Hvedra spurred the caravan on. Now she was too angry to just pad along. They tried just to walk quicker but she would have none of it, so the pack turned, Gerry and Arya were flown in overhead, and in awall of wolves the Court returned to the mount. Amitiel and narxis couldn't see anything but mountains, so they came in to land at Gerry's gesture. The moment they landed beside Hvedra, a massive gate, cut out of the rock to look like wolf's head complete with fangs, the road it's tongue, opened. They entered, and were quickly assigned rooms.

Here there were no foolish rules, save for the one Elaya had warned Sera about. Don't harm the Mount.

Gerry was assured Jeziah would be met and brought in when the time came, then sent to speak with the Guardians of Blood, and to prepare for his upcoming change.

Amitiel went to his room and bathed. Even he felt the need to be clean after having witnessed Sera's 'parents' treat her so shamefully.

Narxis and Arya were shown to their room, told how to ask for food that would appear on the coffee table, then left to themselves. The room was plush, beautifully decorated and had a balcony that opened out onto a snow covered valley through one door, and the most beautiful gardens, in an identical valley, narxis had ever seen.

"Huh...cool."

He returned to Arya. "So my Queen. What shall we do first? Have a bath? I know for a fact we could get that chocolate drizzle you've been asking for."

~

A snow storm fell over the area, blocking all off. Save one. A message was sent to Jeziah by crystal ball, telling him where exactly to go to be met and taken to a room specifically prepared for the Phoenix.

The wolves were quiet now, thrilled to have their princess home, and for good it seemed, as well as to gained one new were now through Gerry, and another pack member when the Princess' bride gave birth. Everyone was excited to meet the newcomers, but they waited patiently for the dawn.

Arya laughed, pressing herself into Narxis. The room was beautiful, but her mind was still on him. And on something she'd been waiting to give him since they left camp.

"Sit," she ordered playfully, knowing she had no real power over him but loving it when he obeyed anyways, "We will take that chocolate bath soon. I have something for you first."

She turned to the bag she had been carrying strapped over her shoulder since they left. It had been odd, as Arya never carried extra, but she said it was Daniel's clothing he had ordered for her. Indeed, a few of the lingerie pieces had come early, but the bag was actually from Lairia, and as she pushed past the lingerie she picked up the box at the very bottom with both hands that had been given to her before the sorceress left. She was very careful with it, setting it on Narxis lap before hopping onto the bed he sat on, crawling up behind him and wrapping her arms around his waist as she kissed his neck.

"Inside is my most prized possession," she whispered into his ear, "Lairia sealed it into this box with blood magic so no one save me can open it. That was the favor I asked of her."

The box was beautifully engraved with hell flower's across all sides.

"I want you to keep it," she continued, "I won't open it just yet, but let this serve as a sign of my loyalty to you...and my..."

Her cheeks actually turned a shade of pink and she kissed his ear, still not able to speak the word out loud but in her mind she whispered it, ...love

~

Jeziah would arrive the next morning, but not alone. Word would be sent to Seraphina and Elaya of his arrival and his guest, and invitation to join breakfast with them and the queen would be sent back, asking for him to present the woman he brought with him, which both girls were rather thrilled to hear about.

~

Sera lay with her back on the bed, one hand on her stomach under Elaya's pillow, the other under her head. This felt so...right. And Elaya was keeping her distracted from thinking about her parents...even better.

"Ask your mother, got it," she nodded, trying not to think too hard on the fact Elaya would have to ask Jeziah and not Sera's parents, "And yes, I would love the nursery closer. We should pick out all our furniture together too, although I do love the dark wood here Elaya. It's so beautiful. But yes, hardwoods. And you should show me our kitchen later. I've learned a few tricks from Jeziah. I can make a mean casserole."

She smiled, almost giggling at how 'normal' that sounded. The life of a mercenary was behind her now. Now Sera was looking at a life of warmth and love.

"I already asked Jeziah," she replied sheepishly, "Back in Lodestone. You can ask him about the money though Elaya, but he's going to refuse. And he won't listen to his baby sister. He'll be much more scared of saying no to you than me."

She giggled at that, imagining Jeziah trying to reject Elaya's offer, "Yeah, you tell him he's being paid."

Her hand massaged her belly, somewhat hoping to feel something. It was too early but she knew soon enough she would, "I think portraits might be a little much, at least until we have our first child. A family portrait would be wonderful then," she smiled at the thought, "But do whatever is your customs love. Phoenix weddings are so small and quiet we really have no set traditions. Well except one."

She pulled her hand down and ruffled Elaya's hair, "It was always custom for the walkway to the aisle to be made out of hot, fire heated rocks. It symbolized the struggles the couple went through to get where they are, the heat between and within them that they shared, and the work they will put in walking down that aisle to achieve their love. It never made sense to me though because hot rocks don't hurt Phoenix's. Maybe a few non-phoenix guests, but yeah. It was always a silly custom in my mind. There's no need for us to do that, of course."

"I want personalized vows," Sera demanded, smiling, "Only the words from your heart will matter to me. Nothing generic for us."

Thinking of who to sing, Tatia was in both their minds, "You know once we give her a stage, Tatia will be singing for hours. Best we give your aunt the stage first, and perhaps let Tatia sing at the end, or during the reception, before I'm sure she gets too much into the champagne. And the baker. Yes...we can do that."

She had no ideas for a cake yet, but she was sure the Baker would offer something. As Elaya started to play with the Phoenix's long curly hair she relaxed again, returning to massaging her stomach and relaxing.

"I have an idea for mine," she whispered airly, "But it has to be a surprise for you. But yes. Handmade. I want our wedding to be perfect."

Sera giggled too as Elaya poked her hip, "You will too my wolf."

"I've already made you one," Sera replied, blushing, "I...couldn't help myself. It's hidden though, but it fits next to your ring perfectly, and I crafted it from the same volcano. I hope Daniel won't be upset but well...I couldn't help myself. The circlet. Yes. I won't have to always wear that right? It sits horribly in my hair, and it got knotted in last time."

She thought about those flowers in the dream the other night and the ones Elaya had been wanting, "Those orchids. The blue ones, from my dream. Are they like the ones you like? I would love those. Blue would be nice for our wedding. A change of color for us. I wouldn't know how many we would need though, but I'd like those."

As for the cake she shrugged, "I have not thought about it. I'm sure this Baker can show me some samples though."

"Like I said, Tatia would be perfect love, but we would need to give her center stage for a bit. You know how she loves the attention. I hope by our wedding she's much better." That made her pause, wondering how her friend was doing.

The bridal party. That reminded her of another tradition. When she had explained the fire stones she had remembered, but she wasn't sure Elaya would like this one.

"There's a custom," she spoke softly, "Amongst my people I almost forgot. Only the couple to wed stand on stage. It's a silly custom, I know I know, but it was to give the couple the full attention of everyone. And it saved on dresses..."

She fell quiet, silently hoping Elaya would like this option. She knew it would upset their friends but Sera couldn't chose already who she wanted on her side, and the option to just not have anyone sounded easier, not to mention then Elaya and her would have all the attention. Seraphina normally hated that thought, but for her wedding she kind of wanted people to look. She didn't realize how loud her thoughts were as she sat there, unaware that a trickle of them had reached Elaya.

"Anyways," she coughed, trying to change the subject, "Of course we will go to Gerry's turning. I'd be honored."

She cleared her throat again, biting her lip and trying to focus on the list at hand, "Sure, they can be ring bearers."

Looking down with a raised eyebrow she laughed, "Yeah I think that ship has sailed love. We can stay at the reception. I want to dance the night away with you. And hear Tatia sing. We will ask the garden staff soon, perhaps you can speak to them tomorrow and I will come with?"

She fell silent for a minute when Elaya asked who she wanted watched and then she spoke softly, "Elaya...besides the group, I only had Jeziah to invite and he is already here."

It was a slightly depressing thought but it was true. Seraphina was not well known like Elaya. She had liked it that way. It was glaring her in the face now though with the wedding list, than in truth the only people Sera would know would be their close friends and her brother. The thought of her parents rejection came and a sob stuck in her throat, her arms starting to shake again.

"Okay," she whispered, half listening to Elaya's ramblings about her Uncle. When Elaya went to wink at her she would see the distraught on Sera's face and the Phoenix let out the sob, pulling Elaya up and wrapping herself in her arms, just needing the comfort.

"Go on," she whispered, needing the distraction still. She nodded or murmured okay in agreement. After a few minutes she felt better, just listening to Elaya's voice, so when her mate moved to lean her head on Sera's belly she was alright with it, sitting there stroking Elaya's hair to find comfort in that.

"We can just add to yours," she replied softly, "You'd know better what to give them anyways love."

She smiled slightly at the idea of a baby shower, "I would like one yes. I want to celebrate our little miracle. Bachelorette parties seem silly though. Neither of us are the get drunk and party type. And I can't drink alcohol anymore...for a while at least."

She thought about it a bit longer than added, "Perhaps a home warming party with a bachelorette feel to it? We can welcome the group back and Jeziah, along with whomever else you want to invite to show off our new home once its furnished. I'd love that."

Narxis studied the box, then wrapped it into his own darkness, coated that with hellfire, then lay a brilliant gold chain about it before encasing all of that in a clear box. Then the box vanished.

"It is hidden in the safest place i have. And only I can reach it."

He turned and kissed her, stroking her neck and shoulder.

He too was incapable of saying that so powerful word, but he did feel it. He held the kiss, then pushed her back slightly. "So my Queen. What would you like in return?"

He flicked a finger and she had pressure about her throat, strong but not painful or dangerous.

He smiled but said nothing. A full length mirror was nearby.

~

"A casserole?" Elaya smirked and leaned in for a kiss. "i plan on hiring Jeziah to teach us both a lot. We have babies to feed. And each other. And you need to be pampered." She kissed her Seraphina before the Phoenix could respond and argue and moved on to the next point.

"We have to present him with the catering contract, and yes I'll present him with the terms which will be a sizable payment. Which he will be required to take lest he offend the entire pack." She grinned at the idea. "Let's see him fight that."

"Well the ones i really want are you and i walking the aisle together. Between your fire heated rocks. i like that idea very much. And of course us at the alter, the rings, our kiss, and our walking back down the aisle as wife and wife." She squeezed Sera gently. "I want to record that moment. And they will be insta-potraits. They are these canvases and wooden and stone plates that the magician throws the image onto, creating it in an instant." She smiled at Sera. "That isn't really a tradition, but I want it. i want to see memories of that moment. And you and i will be sitting for another portrait later though. That one is required. It will replace my coming of age one. It's to record the royal family. Mom and i must have thousands of the silly things. Mom is the Royal Seal of the pack. My symbol is the official seal of the pack to the outside world. The Metuzi are heavily invested in our future, have been since my birth. And yes we will do more when the baby, and then her siblings come."

She reached up and cupped Sera's face. "Your family wants to remember you in every way possible Seraphina. Besides it's just a few minutes then off we go. We do have artists who will just paint us, but they actually prefer to paint the essence of the moment not the hard truth of the event. They may ask for some of our time but not much."

"Personalized vows it is. Then we need to write those." Elaya carefully jumped to the next subject to avoid mentioning she had already written her vows.

"You misunderstand babe. My aunt is a bard but she cannot sing. She was injured way back. She can't even talk. She plays music though....music so beautiful you would think you died. i want her for the organ. And maybe to accompany Tatia. They don't need to compete." Elaya got distracted as the redhead played with her hair, then shook herself and moved on, but stayed where Sera could keep playing with her hair.

"i have an idea for mine as well. And i know i'll look good. but i can't ravish myself. That's for you." She grinned and nipped the tip of Sera's nose, then kissed her, a hand coming up to caress just beside Sera's breast. Then she sighed and lay back. "That's for later. Need to finish."

"You stole my idea! i'm making one to match yours." Her eyes narrowed and she pointed into Sera's face. "You are so perfect it makes me want to eat you."

She smirked and the finger moved down to run over Sera's lips, then along her cheek. Elaya sighed. "Love you more than words can ever say Seraphina mine."

She blinked. "And the circlet no. Just at big events. And i can make it so it won't tangle in your hair. And we can have the weight adjusted. I wasn't expecting firegold to be so heavy...." She was clearly a bit hurt that she had failed so badly with the accessory, but she shook this off before Sera could respond and brought up the next point.

"Yes your dream flowers are my blue frost orchids. I love those flowers. They are everywhere here. We can get all we want. We just have to ask."

"Some samples. He likely already has ten full cakes ready." She giggled. "I'm telling you...forget what you know about deities with him. Everything is the craft to him. He literally never leaves that kitchen. He'll be ready for us."

"Tatia will have center stage all she wants. The bards and singers are meant to be background music and perhaps a mobile choir. And you have to hear their singing. Even Tatia will be impressed."

"Well.... we can make that work. But i still want them nearby....hang on." She closed her eyes, then smirked. "I have an idea that will bind both together. It's an old custom, not sure from when, but the people the couple care about, their bridal party, stand off 'stage' as you said, at the four points of the compass. To guard against the dangers of this life. I think we could do that. What do you think?"

Elaya smirked. "We just need to leave before the dance gets going in full. When a new were is turned his unwed pack mates seek to welcome him in dance that always devolves into an orgy. The wed and mated pack members are advised to leave. And so you know, in this pack a mating cannot be put asunder without full consent from the Queen. and adultery is illegal." She smiled and kissed her lover. "Not that i would ever consider it, but I can guarantee you that males and females not of this pack but who know the law will find you comely and might try to entice you." She covered Sera's mouth before she could protest. "i know you would never either my love. But the point is that if they could succeed then you would the one to suffer. My mother has to fend off would be seducers constantly and she's been mated to my father for millenia. My advice is just to set them on fire."

She was not joking at all. "If they are pestering you and trying to get you to bed, just set them on fire. They cannot admit what they were doing and you can legally claim self-defense.Try not to kill them. On the other side of that, if a member of the pack ever does present such an offer, don't set them aflame. From a Metuzi it is almost certainly code or a warning. If they are insistent, go with them. it usually means someone who is a threat to you is about, and the pack is protect you. If it's clear it's warning and you'll know, trust me, then it's likely about me. That I have been hurt, captured or something."

She continued to hold Sera's lips closed. "There are many such things. We are an old pack, and have many secrets. You will need to know these things. Especially when we have kids. Then whole new systems will exist. Understand. No member of the pack would ever harm us, our marriage or our children. yes i know what Pitr did. But she wasn't actually trying to kill us. Even in her rage she wouldn't dare to actually kill us or do true lasting harm. And the water was more my fault for not telling her the fullness of your truth. And also yes I still want to bat the shit out of her. But she is my sister. Siblings fight."

She removed her hand and kissed her lover deeply, then raised her head. "The Metuzi is a large family. Descended from my mom, dad, and their siblings. So even the youngest and furthest born wolf is my cousin. Those that join partake of our blood and become family. you are bearing my child You are family. We have our troubles and dramas, i will not pretend we are perfect. But we love each other. We encourage the pack to find mates from elsewhere, which is why wee have grown so fast. Most of the marriages are with other packs. But not just wolves. You are the first Phoenix, but that only means good for the pack. they will and do adore you as their new Princess. You'll see. Your family loves and accepts you. Always."

She smiled. "we'll talk to the kids and the garden staff tomorrow."

She stopped smiling when Sera's spirit fell, and held her love close and tight until Sera was able to continue. "Don't assume love. Daniel has some great gifts. You can pick and choose. And it's not some test."

She smirked at Sera perking up about the baby shower. "Good. The girls will be so happy. And Dad will get us a big present before he leaves the Mount." She smirked about the alcohol but said nothing. She didn't drink. She hated the smell of alcohol.

"A welcome home to Lairia, Tatia, the cats, the Rythert and what not?" Elaya nodded, then she looked at Sera. "On one condition. i am not saying you have to make friends. but please try to get to know the pack. They are your family now. They would die for you. And they are sweet and funny and so much more. You might be surprised how easily you get along with them."

She took Sera's hands and kissed them. "just try love. For me? There are so many here and they can be a big help to us and the kids. And they would be good friends to and for you. Especially when it comes to activities for the kids.." She smirked at the thought. "Mom already agreed that we can hold off on Royal lessons. let them just be normal as possible. Which throws me off. The Metuzi was just a very small pack building itself when i was born. And we had to present a united front, especially me. Our kids won't have that problem. But I haven't a clue what games the kids play these days, or anything like that. And even werewolves don't hunt and fight constantly."

She giggled. "you're guna find me boring at home by the way. Either I train, or I read. I love to read. You may get sick of always seeing me with a book in my hands."

She bit her lip, a bit worried about the future. She knew she would be a very different wolf than out on the road. She already knew she was more relaxed. She was safe here. More importantly Sera was safe here. Elaya enjoyed the feeling immensely.

Arya hand reached up instantly and felt something along her neck, giving Narxis a look.

"Did you just collar me?" she asked, quirking her eyebrow but grinning at the erotic thoughts racing through her mind. As she sat up she rolled off the bed and sauntered to the floor length mirror, trying to see what he had gifted her.

~

Everything Elaya said had sounded good to Sera. She smirked at the likeness they both thought, and was happy to know she could have the flowers she wanted.

"We can do that," she nodded, "And if they aren't directly on stage with us than they can wear what they like, as the rest of the crowd will. I think I overheard that Narxis has already picked out a black dress for Arya, so no doubt he's chosen a suit to compliment her. This way no one feels forced to wear what they don't like."

She nodded along about her aunt, and then laughed at the idea of an orgy.

"Gerry?" she asked, giving elaya a look, "We are talking about the same man here? I do not see him partaking."

She listened as nodded along, trying to memorize all that Elaya told her. There was so much about the Metuzi to learn. When her spirits fell she forgot about what they were talking about, soaking up Elaya's comfort until they continued.

"I'll...try," Sera murmured, not keen on the idea of getting out there and socializing all that much. Friends were nice, but Sera wasn't the best conversationalist, and with the wedding, and the baby, and the house...when would she have the time? She knew she had to at least try, for Elaya's sake.

"I'll never find you boring," Sera replied, cutting in as she pushed a strand of hair away from Elaya's face. Then she made a face, "So I'm forced to make friends, but you get to hide and read."

She smiled, obviously just teasing.

Narxis smirked.

When she reachrd the mirror she found a Dragon leather collar. "Dont worry it was not taken from a dead Dragon. A Dragon made that for his friend."

The leather was lined with silver inlaid scrollwork of great intricacy and beauty, flames, wings. Fangs. Even paws. And her name. This was crafted out of small but beautiful diamond studs

~
"never bet against the turning. it heightens your senses. And your desires. Also Gerry isn't as strait laced as you seem to think. he just doesn't match you and me. And certainly not Narxis and Arya in that department.

Elaya chuckled and kissed the redhead again. "No I am not going to hide and read. But i will start taking a book with me everywhere. You'll likely get told many times to get my attention. My mother used to have to search me to prevent me from sliding off during functions to go read. And locking the libraries and even ordered the entire pack to not give, sell, buy, or lend me a book without her permission."

Arya's fingers ran across it, marveling at the intricate designs, how elaborate they were.

"You bought me a collar," she whispered, giving him an amused look in the mirror, "You truly are my master then, and I am your hound."

She turned, and pulled off her jacket, dropping it to the ground before climbing into his lap and kissing him hungrily, "If I behave like a good little girl, do I get treats?"

~

Sera imagined Elaya with her nose stuffed in a book. It was an adorable image. She squeezed Elaya tighter, staring up at the magma.

"This...this is perfect."

Back
Top Bottom