Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Has anyone played D&D Online?

Cysma

Supernova
I just created a new account for it and downloaded and registered and installed the game itself, but now, on the world select screen, every one of the six worlds are down! When will they be up again?

Come on, anyone? It's been days and the situation hasn't improved at all!

I asked a Customer Service Representative on the forums and he said to look up Tech Support, but now I'm just at another dead end...now what? It's just some FAQs!

Uninstall DDO, <!-- m --><a class="postlink" rel="nofollow" href="http://www.ddo.com/ddosupport">http://www.ddo.com/ddosupport</a><!-- m --> go here, and pick one of the options that doesn't involve the turbine download manager. Then install the game. I had similar problems and this fixed it for me.

Is there any way you can uninstall something manually, without requiring the permission of an administrator?

Pfft... You kids and your fancy-shmancy computing machines and your rock and roll music. In my day, we played D & D the way the good lord intended, with pencil, paper, dice, with only mountain dew as our sole source of sustenance.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to scream at the neighbor's kids to get off my lawn.

and now I play the same concept of D&D but with graphics that you old folk could never have dreamed of 15 years ago.

keep your paper and pencils,
I'll enjoy my technology, thx.

MMO's could never capture the spirit of having a good group of friends sitting around and playing the game pen and paper style. But that's mostly because MMO's now serve as the spawning pool of insecure power trippers and anti social misanthropes who believe that harassing other people is a far better way to spend time than...well, playing D&D.

Tatcon Valdez said:
MMO's could never capture the spirit of having a good group of friends sitting around and playing the game pen and paper style. But that's mostly because MMO's now serve as the spawning pool of insecure power trippers and anti social misanthropes who believe that harassing other people is a far better way to spend time than...well, playing D&D.
Let's just all agree, that LARPers are the coolest mother fuckers around.

The majority of any roleplaying session was always wasted rolling dice and calculating results. Now, the game does it for you so you can actually have fun!

Really? If you 'waste time' doing that, then you really don't know how to traditionally RP. My friends and I always had a blast, the majority of our time was spent having fun. Yeah, we rolled dice and figured out damage and crap, but it only takes a few minutes to do that. Most of it is supposed to be going off and doing things, having fun. Hell, we even bullshitted around during encounters lol

Also, never played DnD Online, but it's dying soon. I mean, it's free now lawlz

Lex_Naturalis said:
Pfft... You kids and your fancy-shmancy computing machines and your rock and roll music. In my day, we played D & D the way the good lord intended, with pencil, paper, dice, with only mountain dew as our sole source of sustenance.
HEY! Don't think that all of us have a computer glued to our eyeballs, you old fart.

My friends and I play pen-and-paper style; in fact, that's the way we prefer it.

Next session, D20 Gundam. Also, not all "LARPers" are the same.

I play pen and paper every Tuesday. And don't really like MMOs.

But god when I get my hands on Old Republic.

Hero said:
I play pen and paper every Tuesday. And don't really like MMOs.

But god when I get my hands on Old Republic.
From what I've seen of that game, I'm pretty sure it's gonna' murder WoW and devour it's innards. Just because.

I may even buy a laptop for the express purpose of playing that game. ^^

Really though, if there was a D&D club in my college, I'd join it, but there isn't one. Secondly, 4th edition came out, so my 3.5 ed. rulebooks that I spent nearly $100 on are now worthless!

Bull crap. I still use my 3.5 books. Just because a new edition comes out doesn't mean you have to stop playing the old one.

I love me some 3.5 and 4.0.

Cysma said:
Really though, if there was a D&D club in my college, I'd join it, but there isn't one. Secondly, 4th edition came out, so my 3.5 ed. rulebooks that I spent nearly $100 on are now worthless!
$100? That's cute. What's that, like, three or four books, assuming they were store bought?

Try a collection upwards of $800, not mentioning the first-edition books that can nab a large sum on the net.

FACE. And such. Also, in light of 4th ed., 3/3.5 books have probably shot up in price.

Back
Top Bottom