Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

who else is a night owl?

riahxoxo

Moon
∞ dear community of blue moon, i have a confession to make: i .. am a night owl?!11? o_0'

okay, so that wasn't nearly as dramatic as i thought it would be. anyhow, the purpose of this thread is to lure other fellow night owls out into the open. not so i can poach potential roleplay partners, because that is totally ridiculous and not true.

sooo, if you're reading this and just so happen to be a night owl, please post with the following information ..

general location {what state if in the united states; what country if otherwise}
why you're a night owl {does your job or busy schedule/other circumstances demand it? or do you simply prefer the night over its counterpart?}
• whether you roleplay or not {i'm not a poacher!}
• what you like to do at night, if you're one of those freaks who are nocturnal by choice {i mean, who even does that? oh, right .. me.}

Poaching is an interesting term... we are a roleplay site so most of our members are here to roleplay... it's actually one of the rules :)

If you meet a partner because of this thread it is completely fine and we encourage everyone to come together and meet. We are a community and liken ourselves to and extended family.

With that said, I will answer the proposed questions.

• general location: Kentucky
• why you're a night owl: Insomnia and issues with my sinuses
• whether you roleplay or not: Of course
• what you like to do at night: Well, besides mod the site and post, I also browse on Pinterest and Facebook.

I too am a night owl. Always have been. There's something nameless about the ambience of night time that's always resonated with me.

▪ General location...Europe

▪ Why I'm a night owl...it's quiet and I'm at my most creative at night

▪ Do I role play?...Indeed I do

▪ What do I like to do?...I write, read, listen to music, and sometimes the local owls!

Hello fellow nocturnal :) I am a night owl by choice, though my job dictates that I get a better sleeping schedule, which suuucks >: Any holiday or on the weekends however and I'm back to darknesses sweet blanket <3

• general location: UK
• why you're a night owl: It's quiet and my friends are also more active at night. I've always preferred to stay up late!
• whether you roleplay or not: I certainly do
• what you like to do at night, if you're one of those freaks who are nocturnal by choice: *Raises hand* Guess I'm a freak! :D I tend to draw, roleplay, write or work during the night depending on what needs doing.

There are a good number of night owls that can be encountered in chat, such as myself.

I reside in the southern dakotas, and I'm a night owl due to preference and work. As to why, well it's rather simple as I despise crowds of people so late night/early morning shopping is less stressful.

I will occasionally rp, but I'm rather particular about it.

I'm a night owl at heart, but because of school I force myself to go to sleep. Melatonin pills work wonders for me. Magic. Otherwise I stay up well into the early morning, like I do on Friday or Saturday nights.

As for your questions:

1) Texas.
2) I find my thought process works much better at night. I enjoy the sense of peace.
3) I am here, so of course I roleplay.
4) I like making roleplay post drafts in the wee hours of the morning when my creativity is flowing. I tend to picture the roleplay in the general direction that I think it's going to go, then start jotting down ideas for potential scenes or additional characters. Other than that, I listen to music, make pretty request thread designs, play around in Photoshop, or study. I love studying at night.

I'm a natural night owl thanks to something called anxiety, which leads to me having horrendous insomnia. However, insomnia leads to very bad times. So, medication takes away my natural night owl tendencies, swapping them out for a night full of decent sleep--for the most part.

1) The US. The south. That's as specific as I'm going.
2) Anxiety leads to insomnia. However, due to the advancement of medication, I'm only a night owl if I don't take it. >.>
3) Yes, I roleplay. I love to write and co-writing is the best way to push my creativity within reasonable limit.
4) When not taking meds, I actually think best at around 3am. My mind is at its clearest and I'm able to set my mind to whatever task I decide I want to tackle. It could be writing or something else. Unfortunately, when not on meds, though I might be wide awake at that hour, I'll be sluggish and horrible the rest of my day, managing only an hour of sleep here and there. So, I'd rather give up being a night owl and take my meds to curb the anxiety and insomnia. I'm a much better person this way.

I would classify myself as a night owl/hawk, so here goes.

1. General Location: Pennsylvania, specifically Flight 93 country...Somerset County
2. I started out being a night owl/hawk when I worked graveyard shift at various jobs, and while in the Air Force. Now I supposed it's a lot because of sleep apnea that I have been diagnosed with, and can't get used to the CPAP machine, as the mask makes me claustrophobic. Melatonin helps some, but I guess my sleep cycle is FUBAR [aka Fucked Up Beyond All Recognition]. During the months of April-October, I take care of a youth camp and my hours vary depending if the bear shows up or not, then I'm usually up at night trying to keep the critter away from the dumpster. October-April is hibernation for me. I live at my job 24/7/365 by myself.
3. I do role play, though I don't have as many partners as some of you. I have three FAITHFUL partners.
4. When I can't sleep, I do get up and play Facebook games, like Tribez and Castlez, Pearl's Peril, Criminal Case, CSI Hidden Crimes and Detective Stories. Sometimes watch television/favorite DVD's. Once I have my dose of 'mental sanity,' i.e. coffee...I'm quite alert and oriented.

Do feel like I am part of the BMR family, though probably the 'oddball' or 'black sheep.'

Not a night owl, but

1. South Africa, so I'm all awake at the same time as all the western hemisphere night owls.
2. I'm usually in bed by midnight my time. I used to work at a mortuary and that messed with my sleep but that was a long time ago.
3. I role play with scary smart writers.
4. Nerdy stuff- reflashing my router with dd-wrt, setting up quirky ways of controlling my computer with the shopping list app on my phone. Writing.

I go to bed around normally at one or two in the morning, so I would classify myself as a night owl.

1. Penn's Woods.
2. See above.
3. I have the luxury of writing with great people, who also just happen to be some damn good writers.
4. Read articles from politics to fitness, space out, listen to music, and occasionally write.

• general location {what state if in the united states; what country if otherwise}
I'm currently in North Carolina.

• why you're a night owl {does your job or busy schedule/other circumstances demand it? or do you simply prefer the night over its counterpart?}
Well, I'm a college student. This means that, given an adequate supply of morning coffee, I can pretty much sleep and wake up on command. As little as four hours is enough sleep for me but its definitely not something I'd enjoy.

Of course, I enjoy writing :)

• what you like to do at night, if you're one of those freaks who are nocturnal by choice {i mean, who even does that? oh, right .. me.}
YouTube, BMR and Netflix. I typically can't RP properly at night, especially long term stories so I only stay here for regular PM chat. So if you see me online late at night, its probably because I'm bored and lonely.

riahxoxo said:
∞ dear community of blue moon, i have a confession to make: i .. am a night owl?!11? o_0'

okay, so that wasn't nearly as dramatic as i thought it would be. anyhow, the purpose of this thread is to lure other fellow night owls out into the open. not so i can poach potential roleplay partners, because that is totally ridiculous and not true.

sooo, if you're reading this and just so happen to be a night owl, please post with the following information ..

general location {what state if in the united states; what country if otherwise}
why you're a night owl {does your job or busy schedule/other circumstances demand it? or do you simply prefer the night over its counterpart?}

Hi there...

Yes, I am a night owl. Always have been. I usually start my quiet time after 10 PM and go until 2AM, sometimes as late as 4AM. I'll sometimes nap getting home from work 6-8 or 9PM

I live in Massachusetts, west of Boston (quite a bit west)

I love to roleplay. I have for many years.

I do most of my busy work at night (pay bills, do laundry, fuss around the house), then will settle in for e-mails, online conversations, and surfing the web.
I feel at peace at night and that stimulates my libido and my creativity.
When I start to doze in my seat, I'll usually shuffle off to bed.

Night owl here. I'm always lurking on here at night, hoping someone else is too!

General location: NYC
Why: Due to a constantly changing work schedule, I can be working very late nights. When I do, I need to pass a lot of time somehow!
Do I RP: Of course I do! Actually light on RP/partners now, so if anyone reads this and has ideas...

hehehehe... in terms of american timezones I always am a night owl. When it is my morning it is night for americans. But I am a real nightowl also. I rarely sleep more than 4 or 5 hours per night and lately spend all hours from being ready for bed and sleeping here on BMR.

I live in germany, which means I am six hours ahead of forum time.
I am a freelancer with seasonal work, so at the moment I'm in "hibernation" and have a lot of time to waste. Usually I work afternoons till midnight, so when I am done with work I need something to get down. Which is rping.
Sure I do roleplay.
Nope. No night owl by choice. In reality I'm the proverbial early bird. I usually watch a series and rp at night.

I have to be tonight! I work the third shift. But it's the only one I do during the week so it really throws me off!

General location: California (which is as general as it gets while still staying in one state)
Why: I was born in the middle of the day and I never got the hang of being awake much earlier. I used to read til 2a when I was in elementary school. I tend to feel most creative at night. People do too much during the day and there's so much peace to be had at night. I actually got the job I'm working now because of my sleep schedule. So now I am being paid to stay up during my normal hours, which is a nice win.
Role play: yes. Well. I used to more. Starting again.
What to do: I do a lot. I have a lot of hobbies. I read a lot, write, paint, draw, sew... I do a lot of creating. And I watch a lot of Netflix. And then a lot of staring into space when I'm depressed, but I try to avoid that.

General Location: Saint Louis, Missouri. I don't particularly mind giving a city. If you can find me in the damn place, kudos to you and your stalking abilities. We're a big city, but stay the hell away in winter. Come visit during summer and fall when all the festivals are going on.
Why: I've been a night owl since I was a little kid, could never sleep well at night. Even throughout middle and highschool I would be up late into the night reading sci-fi or fantasy novels, sometimes skipping a night of sleep all together only to go to school the next morning tired as hell. Lately though it's more video games, mostly because I hate my public library. Their book selection has left me disappointed most of the times. Once out of highschool, and into my twenties, I took a job at a bar/restaurant, normally working until 1:30am when everything was finally closed and cleaned up. Not my job anymore, but still don't work until 2:45pm so plenty of time to be up all night after work and sleep the morning away. I prefer to function at night. Especially living in a house with six people and usually someone having friends over, it's just all around more peaceful and quiet at night.
Do I roleplay? Sure do! In fact, I'm looking for people to roleplay with at night seeing as I'm mostly strapped for cash these days even with my current job. I've been roleplaying or writing fanfictions since I was 11 (I'm 26 now, 27 in July.) Dropped the fanfictions, kept to the roleplay. These days if I'm doing solo writing I feel like I need to pen my own damn story rather than build off of another one. But for RPs sake it can be easier to use an established universe so everyone is on familiar ground.

Problem is I grow bored quickly. I'm that guy who always has one leg bouncing while sitting down because he cannot sit still. I need something to occupy my time at night. Which is why I've wound up here.

Hello all. I'd say I'm more of a nighthawk than nightowl ;)

• Southern Colorado, pretty close to the New Mexico border.
• I'm a nightowl by choice but I took a shift at my job that allows me to work overnights.
• I haven't been on here for a bit, but I'm looking to get into writing more.
• Work, read, write, though mostly I play video games or contemplate life. Or contemplate my life wishing it were a video game. Or anything else I can do to escape this reality... which I find much easier to do at night.

• General location -NY
• Why you're a night owl - Parially biological by nature and the job helps reinforce the idea as we;;/
• Whether you roleplay or not - Of course I roleplay
• What you like to do at night- Video games, streaming television, cook, tabletop games, IM people, some facebook, etc etc etc

Back
Top Bottom