Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Life of Valor (Grave x Kat)

Jessica continued to watch with her own fists clenched, her muscles tense as she continues to send her encouragement and love to Scott through their bond.

Scott assumed his Muay Thai stance and launched off of his right leg, running at full speed toward Vizharr. His opponent took his defensive Alamadi stance in return, activating his Destructive Aura to greatly augment his defenses. As Scott began throwing his Million Punches of Valor technique once more, his opponent had a sinister smile behind his helmet. Once the human warrior had tried and failed to break through his defenses, he would latch onto him and break the head armor with successive headbutts. Once he had broken through those defenses, he would not stop until Scott's head was completely smashed as if it had been hit with a giant war hammer. Striking had failed to get him the upper hand, but being the bigger and stronger warrior, he felt that skillful wrestling would prevail.

However, Vizharr's plan soon hit a snag as Scott's fists began to pound through his aura at around the 2500th punch. He tried to increase the strength of his aura, but he wasn't fast enough and was soon getting hammered by fists that cracked and heavily dented his armor before it shattered in places. His whole upper body armor was stripped off, and he took a final punch to the face that broke his nose and sent him hurling backward at speeds approaching fifty-five miles per hour. Encasing his legs in Destroyer Armor, Scott made a huge leap that landed squarely on the back of Vizharr's head, putting it completely underground. His spear hand went almost completely through Vizharr's solar plexus, and he prepared the Shockwave of Valor that would finish him. However, before he could, his opponent disappeared before his eyes.
"What the--"

Before Scott could react fast enough, a fist connected with the side of his helmet from Vizharr, who seemed to have warped to his side. Before Scott hit the ground, his hand touched it and he sprung off of it back into a stance. Vizharr warped again, and Scott executed a vertical kick that deflected the punch from behind before countering a back elbow that sent him flying backward before he rolled, as well. Vizharr warped again, but Scott unleashed a Shockwave of Valor that blew him back regardless of where he tried to strike from while shredding his armor once again.
"Give up, Vizharr. No matter how fast you are, you're too weak to beat the power of the Destroyer."

Vizharr snarled and armored up for the third time.
"I won't lose!"
Warping again, he unleashed the Fists of Jukei to try and keep the Shockwave from sending him flying. Finding it successful, he warped around Scott and threw thousands of punches from every angle. He found it difficult to deflect every one, but his aura and armor absorbed the damage well. The final punch from Vizharr connected with Scott's palm as he tried to catch it, but he was a second off in his timing and it ended up throwing him back a few steps, where he landed on his feet.

Before Scott could fully regain his bearings, Vizharr threw his arm back and it shined brilliantly with his aura combined with Jukei's.
"JUKEI DESTRUCTION WAVE!!!"
A gigantic black and silver blast came flying at him, and Scott could sense that this single blast could level New York City on its own. Coating his right arm in his aura, he threw back his arm and decided to counter with his own blasting technique.
"Shining Fist of Valor!"
The golden blast sped forward from his arm and sliced through the Destruction Wave, its power about ten times stronger than his opponent's technique.

Vizharr warped before it hit, closing the distance to launch another one at point-blank range from a forty-five degree angle. However, Valor had sensed the move in advance and Scott through a left hook, clocking Vizharr as soon as he appeared and denting the part of his helmet covering his jaw. A right head kick followed this attack, then a left kick to the knee, and finally a jumping headbutt that shattered the helmet and did more damage to his opponent's broken nose. Vizharr warped and threw strikes, which kept Scott guessing and connected more often than not, but the flying Destroyer fists and techniques were becoming more difficult to dodge as his energy started to wane. With a burst of strength, he wrapped his arms around him in a bear hug and started furiously headbutting Scott's helmet with his own reformed helmet. Scott turned his helmet into the Destroyer version, and this led to Vizharr only shattering his own helmet on the stronger armor.

Scott eventually forced him to let go with several Shockwaves of Valor, and connected with a Fist of Valor that broke Vizharr's forehead. With blood clouding his vision, Scott decided to unveil a powerful and vicious new technique that would send his foe to the other side.
"Vizharr and Jukei, you were some of the most powerful fighters that we ever got to test ourselves against. But this is where I will bury your ambition, and steer your people toward a glorious new dawn!"
The full Armor of the Destroyer appeared on Scott, and he created a time-space dimension of his own before powering up to incalculable levels capable of destroying an entire universe in one blow. Once he had reached a level of power that he felt was sufficient, he would end this battle for good.

Vizharr felt Jukei place his armor back on him, and their combined auras healed his broken nose and forehead as well as cleaned away the blood. Though he was now back in better fighting shape, he watched in sheer disbelief as Crusader's power seemed to rise without end, the shockwaves transcending dimensions to be felt on the Planet Grym. His mind raced as he tried to come up with a way to fight this incredible power, but there was no way out that he could see. The most powerful Chief in the history of the Grymwar race was about to be defeated by a human, and he just couldn't believe that death was imminent.
I...can't win...
We're not giving up after coming this far, Vizharr!

But...his power...I can't even imagine the kind of power he's putting out...
I don't care how strong he is, we're going to fight him to the last breath! Behave like a proper Chieftain and give him everything you've got!
Vizharr took a deep breath and nodded.
I almost lost my head there. If I am to die, I will not die a coward!

Vizharr warped over to Scott, able to hop through dimensions with this special skill of the Gyut people of the planet Gyda. He had planned to use this skill to aid his cause of bringing all of existence under his thumb, but his plans had since been changed. His plans flew with fervent desperation, striking Scott's armor again and again, hoping any blow would break through. However, his opponent took the blows as if he didn't even feel them, not moving at all. Whether it was the Fists of Jukei or the Jukei Destruction Wave, neither had any more effect on his foe. The only change was that over time, Vizharr saw his armor disappearing as if it were smoke in a gentle breeze.

Being inside of Scott's Destructive Aura normally had the effect of forcing the opponent onto their stomachs with great pressure, but the Destructive Aura of Destroyer was different. It had the ability to erase anything it enveloped over time, including Blood Magic and the Armor of Jukei. After burning through all of his manifestations, Vizharr and Jukei were helpless before the might of their foe.
Our power...It failed...
Not yet! If we believe in our power strongly enough, we may yet survive this!

Despite Jukei's words, however, Vizharr felt the terror of death welling up in his heart. His culture had always prized the strong and powerful, and his realization of his own weakness was a shattering blow to his heart and ego. Though strong in body, Vizharr and Jukei's connection had ultimately not been strong in the mind. Realizing that his host had given up, Jukei felt the cold fear of being erased from existence cross over his heart.
If you won't fight, then run away you fool!
I will face my fate as a warrior.

Jukei panicked and began trying to force his shell to manifest back on Vizharr's body, still desperate to save his soul at any cost. Trying to force it caused blood to spurt from his host's body as it burst blood vessel. Having accepted his inevitable death, however, Vizharr no longer cared about how it came. Jukei tried several more times, but backed off when his efforts started to threaten Vizharr's life.
Cowardly fool! I should never have trusted you!

Scott had reached the power that he needed and smiled as his spirit became one with Valor's spirit.
It's time for these two to answer for all the pain they caused!
At long last we shall lay these despicable bastards to rest!
Scott threw back both of his arms, a smile on his face as he thought of Jessica.
"MILLION SHINING PUNCHES OF VALOR!!!!"
The powerful swarm of energy blasts hit like modern-day nukes in the confined space of the dimension, completely annihilating their greatest enemies.

Before their annihilation, however, each of them had a last thought.
It is over!
CRUSADER, YOU SON OF A--
As the last explosion shattered the dimension around them, however, there was no longer a being known as Annihilation. Scott breathed a sigh of relief, happy that the battle was done. Knowing his next move, he began walking back to the Arena of the Ancients where the battle had begun.

When he stepped into the arena, there was hushed silence all around. None of the Grymwar had expected that their Chief would be defeated in battle, and there were even the sounds of women and children crying. Scott looked all around and then planted his right foot forward.
"Let the deaths of Vizharr and Jukei stand as the grave marker for the way your race has conducted yourselves up to now. You are to immediately recall your soldiers from your occupied planets and keep your culture to yourselves! Never again will you threaten other sovereign worlds!"

The Grymwar men held their women and children close, nodding quickly to his words.
"If the innocent souls of this dimension cry out in pain at your hands, I will return to settle the issue. Do you understand me?"
An older Grymwar stood up,obviously feeling that he should take a leadership role.
"We agree to your terms, Crusader. Now, please go and leave us in peace."

Scott nodded and flared up with his Destructive Aura before flying off at great speed back to the planet Kasha. He was so excited to see Jessica's face, the warmth of her love pooling up in his heart as she surely was excited to see him, too. Thirty minutes after he had returned to the Kashan dimension, he landed in the palace courtyard on the planet Kasha. Lifting Jessica off of her feet in a big hug, he held her close and smiled behind his helmet.
"Now there's the most beautiful sight in this dimension."
Resting his forehead against hers for a moment, he then let the armor drop to reveal his regular body.

"Sorry our reunion can't be longer."
Before he could kiss her supple lips, he collapsed to the ground unconscious from using the Destroyer Armor. He had used the armor for forty-five minutes, so he would be unconscious for almost two days. The Kashans quickly rushed him to the hospital bed and hooked him up as they had done before. It was unfortunate that he and Jessica had not yet gotten to properly celebrate his return, since he had longed to hold her for hours and just enjoy her warmth and comfort. However, on his unconscious face was a smile, a smile that told his loved ones that he would return as soon as he was able to.

Jessica watched on through the connection and smiled proudly when he succeeded in not only defeating Vizharr and Jukei, but also in getting the rest of the Grymwar to agree to keeping their culture to themselves. When he arrived she immediately jumped into his arms and hugged him tight, laughing happily that he was home safe. She looked at him confused when he said it couldn't be longer then watched him collapse with a sad smile. She did as she did before, sitting by his bedside till he would wake.

Scott awoke almost two days later in the Kashan hospital bed and smiled as Jessica was there to greet him. He sat up and gently took her into his arms, kissing her lovingly on the lips.
"Your beautiful face is the best thing to see when I first wake up," he whispered to her as soon as their lips parted.
He hugged her close for several minutes, just enjoying their reunion and the knowledge that they would always be together now that his greatest foe was defeated. Scott looked into her eyes and gently brushed some hair from her face.
"I can't wait to get married and go on our honeymoon. I need some time to just enjoy being with you."

Empress Enjela entered the room, beaming from ear-to-ear at seeing Scott awake and basking in Jessica's love.
"You two look quite cozy," she said with a soft laugh.
Scott chuckled a bit and bowed his head.
"Your Majesty, I'm so glad that the Grymwar won't be a threat to your people anymore."
"Indeed, my scout ships have informed me that the Grymwar have recalled all of their troops and dissolved their Empire as per your demands. A day when the shadow of the Grymwar did not darken our horizons was a day I never thought I would see in my youth, but you and Valor have shown us that day."

Enjela then did something truly unexpected, getting down on both knees and touching her forehead to the ground in Scott's direction.
"Scott, Valor, all of Kasha shows you gratitude today."
Scott saw his mother figure bowing before him, and tears welled up in his eyes at such a humble and heartfelt gesture. He bowed his head in return for a couple minutes before raising his head and smiling.
"Rise, Empress of Kasha."
Enjela did as he asked and gave him a knowing smile.

Scott shrugged a little with a smile.
"Yeah, I get it. I now know how you felt when I bowed before you."
Enjela gently took his hand and looked into his eyes with motherly affection.
"Then let this be the last time that we bow before each other. All I want now is just for you and Valor to be the sons I never had."

Tears slid down Scott's cheeks and he nodded, having always known that this is how she felt but never having heard it put into words before. The two hugged each other tightly, a loving embrace with tears staining their cheeks. When they parted, Scott composed himself and wiped his eyes before looking from Enjela to Jessica.
"We'll be heading back to Earth soon."
"Yes, I know," Enjela replied while wiping her own eyes, "Jessica told me about your plans to wed. If there is anything I can do to help out with the wedding, please don't hesitate to ask."
"Thank you."

Enjela took her leave and headed out of the room to give Scott and Jessica time alone. Scott turned to Jessica and gently squeezed her hand.
"I'm relieved that the Grymwar aren't a threat anymore. I guess all this time I wondered if there would ever be a day when I didn't fight them. Is there anything you want to do on Kasha before we head back to Earth?"
Scott wrapped his arms around her and felt her warmth, something he would be glad to get used to on a more regular basis than in recent months.

Jessica smiled happily when she saw his eyes finally open and kissed him back lovingly. She smiled softly at his kind words and cuddled into his arms as she enjoyed being held by him. She nodded in agreement at the honeymoon comment. She blushed a little as Enjela came in and commented on the coziness she felt, nodding shyly. She then blinked in surprise when the Empress bowed before him and she smiled happily at Scott, truly proud of him. She then smiled happily and pulled back a bit to let the mother and son enjoy their heartfelt moment. When they parted and Enjela offered to help with anything on the wedding she smiled at her gratefully and nodded. She then looked to Scott once Enjela left and smiled softly as he squeezed her hand. She sighed in comfort as he held her and nodded. "I want to just spend a day up here with you before we have to return to earth and work. Plus, I want to talk with Enjela about the wedding. I call dibs on all planning rights. And I want her to help. And be the flower girl." She said with a smile.

Scott chuckled at her laundry list of requests.
"Oh, is that all?" he teased her sarcastically.
He then leaned forward and kissed her on the forehead.
"I'm fine with that."
A Kashan nurse came in to unhook him from the IV machine, and he stood up with Jessica. Putting his arm around Jessica's waist, he smiled at her.
"I've been wanting to spend a day together, as well. What should we do first?"

Jessica stuck her tongue out at him at his teasing then giggled and sighed happily at his kiss. She watched the nurse pull out the IVs and stood with Scott, wrapping her arms around his neck and kissing his cheek. "Hm... First, lunch. You must be starving." She said with a giggle. She knew he'd been sustained through the tubes but no doubt he'd want to with his own mouth for once.

Scott walked with Jessica out of the room.
"Yeah, I could use some lunch."
He walked with her into the dining area of the castle, where there was a long table that could seat over a dozen on each side. Taking a seat at the table, he looked up at Jessica. She looked so beautiful and radiant as they spent time together, and it warmed his heart to think that they would soon be married and spending their lives together.
"So, what should we have?"

Scott smiled as Jessica kissed his cheek and sat down next to him. His stomach rumbled a bit as she mentioned barbecue.
"That sounds awesome, I could really go for that. What kind of barbecue would you like?"
He put his arm around her waist.
"I can't wait until I can call you my wife and we can build a life with more time together."

Jessica thought a moment. "Hm... pulled pork?" She asked then smiled and nuzzled into him a bit. "And I can't wait to claim you as my husband. Sorry ladies, the big strong superhero is mine." She said with a chuckle.

Scott nodded.
"Pulled pork sounds great. I haven't had that in a while."
He chuckled as Jessica claimed him as her own and was excited to become his wife.
"Yep, I'm all yours, babe. Sorry, guys, but the sexy, sweet lady is mine."

The chef in the kitchen brought them the pulled pork as requested and they began to eat. Scott really enjoyed it, since it was fresh and so tender. When he and Jessica were finished eating, he wiped his mouth with a napkin and stood up.
"I'd like to go out to the courtyard. There's someone important that I need to speak to."
He looped his arm in hers like a gentleman and began walking with her toward the courtyard.

Jessica smiled and giggled at his compliment of claiming her and kissed his cheek sweetly before beginning to eat. Once done she looked at him curiously as she held his arm and followed him to the courtyard.

Scott entered the courtyard with Jessica and approached the statue of Enjela's late husband, the Kashaxi. The statute depicted him as wise and proud, staring into the distance for eternity, the look in his eyes showing determination to protect his people. His sacrifice had provided the necessary knowledge leading to the rise of Crusader, and now, years after his death, his dream of a free and safe future for his people had finally come true.
"Your people are safe now, Emperor. May you rest in peace wherever you are."
Scott bowed his head in respect to his memory and then turned to head into the village outside of Enjela's castle.
"I also need to go and see the Voltari people in the wilderness. They also lost their ruler to the Grymwar threat and deserve to know that they can face the future without fear of them."
Striding confidently with the woman he loved at his side, Scott wondered how Valor would feel about seeing his home after several years away from it.

Jessica smiled softly at him as she realized why he came out here and she wrapped her arms around him, holding him close and dipping her head as well in respect to this man before nodding and following him to the Voltari people. "Are you excited to head back home Valor?" She asked, glancing at Scott's chest, assuming that's about where Valor resided.

Scott and Jessica continued walking out of the village and into the wilderness outside of this society's walls. Valor turned his attention to Jessica when she asked him if he was excited to be heading back home.
Yes! It has been quite a while since I have seen my home and family. I wish to know how everyone is doing.
"He really wants to know how his family is doing," Scott told Jessica, since he knew that she couldn't hear Valor's thoughts.
They walked for about five miles before reaching a rain forest that shrouded the entrance to the Voltari city.

In the middle of the rain forest was a metal door that had been designed by the Kasha to better protect the home of the Voltari from predators, particularly their young that did not grow their impenetrable shell until they were six months old. There was a second small box set into the ground next to it, and Scott opened the cover to see a red button and a blue button that were vertically aligned. Pressing the red button, he watched as the door opened with a very audible hiss. Stepping down into it, he saw that it was an elevator that would take them down to the Voltari's underground city. After helping Jessica down into the subterranean elevator, he pressed the blue button to close the door, which bathed them in darkness for a moment before lights switched on to illuminate them. Pressing an arrow pointed downward, he felt a slight shudder before the descent into the depths began.

Above the doors, he could see how far underground they were going. They passed one hundred feet, then three hundred with no signs of stopping. Scott's ears popped as he adjusted to the air pressure, and his eyes widened as they passed a mark telling them that they were more than 750 feet below ground. The elevator finally stopped at one thousand feet below ground, and the doors opened with the same barely audible hiss. Stepping out, he was amazed to see earthen towers as large as New York skyscrapers, with multiple Voltari passing along the streets like their humanoid counterparts above ground. They even had street signs written in their own language, the whole scene alien and yet familiar in so many different ways.

This place is much bigger and more complicated than I was expecting. Do you know where your family lives, Valor?
The north side of the city in a more humble abode than these towers. My grandfather was never much for the showy things.
"We need to head north and look for some kind of mud hut. That's where Valor says that his grandfather lives."
He took Jessica's arm and walked with her down the street. It was so strange to see so many Voltari about, the tennis-shoe sized armored worms moving about and greeting them in their language as they passed by.

Jessica smiled and nodded as Scott explained what Valor said then followed him into the elevator, her eyes widening at how deep they went before she would begin rubbing her ears to alleviate the pressure the depth caused. She looked around in awe when they finally arrived at the city. She looked over at Scott and nodded when he said where they needed to go. She walked with him, her arm through his as they began to heading through the practical see of Voltari worms and nodded awkwardly in greeting back as they would speak to her in a language she didn't understand.

Scott and Jessica continued walking, amazed that the city seemed to stretch as far as the eye could see all around them. Above them, some Voltari were borrowing through the earth to get to the surface, where they would feed on the vegetation of the rain forest above. It was amazing how no amount of earth seemed an obstacle to their armored bodies, some able to move as fast as bullet trains through the soil. As they started to head into a less urbanized part of the city, he could see older Voltari with duller looking shells, contrasting with the bright shells of the younger Voltari.
So, do you have any family aside from your grandfather, Valor?
My mother, sister, paternal grandfather, and maternal grandparents all live in apartments within the building.

They reached a residential neighborhood with families living in earthen buildings that were divided into apartments by the family that lived there. Valor explained that in Voltari culture, the patriarch and matriarch of a family would usually build their own earthen building and live there while they raised children. Voltari females had one child at a time like human females, and when that child got old enough to mate and have children of their own, they would carve out their own family space in the apartment. If there were multiple children, one child would usually move out and build their own building for their family, becoming patriarchs and matriarchs of their own. Voltari buildings often housed four generations of the same family, and sometimes entire neighborhoods would be made up of the same family. The Voltari people were very family-oriented, a way of life born from when they were surface dwellers having to defend themselves from wild predators prior to the rise of the Kasha.

If that's the prevailing culture, why does your paternal grandfather live with the maternal side of your family?
His own blood relatives, including my father, have all passed away, so he finds comfort by living with them. I hope they all aren't pestering my poor sister to death in finding a mate now that I'm not able to do it.
Scott passed everything Valor said on to Jessica, finding Voltari culture to be very interesting. It was certainly much more peaceful and endearing than the Grymwar culture. When Valor pointed out the building, they stood before a four story earthen building that resembled a charming Kashan home above-ground, showing the influence the two races had on each other.

Jessica nodded along as she listened to what 'Valor' said. "So how do they decide which family they go to? I mean, if you get a mate, and you have to carve a new apartment into your home, would you go to yours or the mates?" She asked then looked up at the building. "It's a nice place." She said as she waited for Scott to knock on the door.

Valor listened as Jessica asked her question.
Every Voltari home has four generations of a family within it. If a Voltari and their mate would be the fifth generation, they would move into their own building. This far underground, constructing new homes from the earth has never been too difficult for us.
Scott passed what Valor had said on to Jessica, then knocked on the door of the building. When it raised up, there was a Voltari with a very dull shell on the other side, indicating that he was quite old.

Scott knelt down so that he could make eye contact with Valor's grandfather.
"Hello, sir, are you Valor's grandfather?"
He cocked his head to the side as if in puzzlement and said something in the Voltari language.
Uh, Valor, could you translate that for me?
He said that if that is the Kashan name for his grandson, then yes.
Scott had Valor talk him through how to speak the Voltari language, and though it sounded weird and awkward coming from his mouth, Valor's grandfather soon perked up and seemed happier knowing his grandson had come home for a visit.

Scott and Jessica were invited in and they sat on mats on the floor, which was the closest thing that the Voltari had to furniture given their lack of arms and legs. Valor's other family members came in and were also incredibly happy to see him. For the next hour or so, Scott spoke in the Voltari language to them, acting entirely as Valor's mouth so that he could have this reunion with his family. Before it was time for them to go, Scott turned to Valor's grandfather.
"Sir, the sacrifice that your son made in the struggle against the Grymwar finally paid off today. Neither the Kasha nor the Voltari will have to fear the Grymwar or anyone else ever again."

Valor's grandfather and his other family members came up and touched their heads to Scott's knee for a few minutes. Two Voltari touched heads to signify affection to each other, the length of time varying depending on the relationship of the Voltari. For the length of time that they touched Scott's knee, it represented a big group hug in human culture. When they backed off, Scott stood up and took Jessica's hand.
"Thank you for having us, but we should be going now. Sometime in the future, Valor and I will return for a visit."

Scott and Jessica then left the Voltari home and headed back toward the elevator to the surface.
"That was a very touching reunion. No matter our shapes or sizes, family is family."
They stepped into the elevator and he turned to her.
"So, what did you want to do next? I know you're probably bursting to plan the wedding with Enjela, so if you want to do that, that's fine."

Jessica smiled happily for Valor as he got to reunite with his family, she sat back so as not to intrude on this special moment for him. She then held Scott's hand as they got in the elevator and smiled at him. "Yeah, I'd like that."

Scott nodded and the elevator ascended so that they were back in the jungle. He smiled and gently surprised Jessica by pressing her up against a tree and sweetly making out with her. It was a romantic moment where the two just enjoyed each other's company. They then walked back to the castle and parted so that Jessica could have her talk with Enjela. Scott smiled and disappeared somewhere to pursue an idea he had. He was planning a wonderful surprise for Jessica on her wedding day.

Enjela turned as Jessica came in to talk.
"Well, there's the beautiful bride-to-be now. So, what are your ideas for the wedding?"
She was so excited for this event, just like a proud mother would be.
"How many people are you wanting to invite? Also, what's your idea on the dress you want to wear?"

Jessica blinked in surprise and blushed brightly as he kissed her against the tree, her eyes closing as she whimpered softly while she kissed him back lovingly. She then smiled at him before going in to talk to Enjela. She smiled and sat down with her. "Well, all I really need there is you and my father for guests, and whoever's important to Scott, maybe Miss Shadow and those three operatives from Shadowgreen, maybe Mr. Cold... oh what was his name... and his little boy. But yeah, not many on my side. And I'd like something that's kinda form fitting up top but then flows out and becomes looser below my hip, but not poofy..." She smiled at her and reached over, gripping Enjela's hand fondly. "I have so many ideas. Thank you for helping me."

Enjela gently squeezed her hand back.
"You don't have to thank me, dear. I couldn't be happier to be helping you and Scott start this beautiful new chapter of your lives."
Her smile turned a little sad.
"Speaking of people close to Scott, there are a couple people close to him that I would like to be at the wedding, but I doubt Scott would invite them. I am referring to his real parents, who haven't been close to Scott since he developed his powers."

Enjela was in thought.
"Michael and Eloise Young were raised in a world where superheroes and aliens were the stuff of fantasy movies, not real life. They had a hard time understanding and accepting the world Scott was a part of, and certainly they wouldn't understand Scott being an immortal warrior that can fight throughout the dimensions. Even so, they are his real parents and they do love him, though he hasn't spoken with them in over a year and seems content to just forget about them. I would like for you to go and visit them in Detroit, and convince them to attend the wedding. If there's any chance of a reconciliation between them, I want to give it a try."

Enjela smiled again.
"But before we get to that, let's work on smoothing out that dress idea. If we can settle on what it looks like, I can have Mitzi and the other girls make it for you."
She connected her heart to Jessica's and formed a mental image of what she described, a form-fitting dress that flows out at the bottom. With her first mental construction complete, she put it over an image of Jessica.
"Is this the kind of dress that you wanted?"

Jessica smiled a little and nodded at Enjela's explanation of how she wanted to invite Scott's parents. "I'll do just that, but I'll need to know where exactly they live and possibly their phone number. Without tipping off Scott." She then smiled brightly and hmmed as she thought over the mental image and replied. "Maybe a bit of lace for short sleeves?"

Back
Top Bottom