Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Life of Valor (Grave x Kat)

Mitzi listened as she described the game they were playing.
"Bas-ket-ball," she enunciated, trying out the sound of the new word.
The others also tried it out, excited to be learning something new.
"Earth is a wondrous place. Was this what you humans call a 'date'?"
Enjela had been teaching them English words over time, but even she sometimes had difficulty with the concept, especially if it was alien to their own Kashan culture.

Jessica smiled softly and paused a moment. "Well... I suppose it was, but not a typical one. And it was before we got together so..." She shrugged with a chuckle.

Scott was taken into a room of the castle that had clearly been used as a research lab. He was shown a sheaf of papers that had tracked his progress as he had trained with Valor at Shadowgreen.
"I want you to study these notes for about an hour. After that, I will show you to a room where you can work to grow your abilities."
Enjela left the room and closed the door behind her. Scott did as she asked and meticulously pored over the notes, impressed by the level of detail she had included within the dossier.

Mitzi chuckled with understanding as Jessica told her that.
"I see. It does seem to lack romance."
She looked at the memory once more, and then back at Jessica.
"So, why does this memory hold such significance for you? Was it your first time spending time together?"

Mitzi smiled sweetly.
"I guess the first time spending time together can be the most special. The first time Johash and I spent time together alone, I felt like I was floating on a cloud."
She then looked a bit sad.
"It must be hard at times, loving a man that has such a dangerous job."
Mitzi knew that if Johash was always fighting with some evil or another, she would probably be worried sick about him when he was away.

Jessica looked sad as her mind flashed to the time Scott left her for her own safety, her manifestation showing her sobbing on the ground as Scott disappeared into the distance. "Yes... He even left me at one point because I got hurt helping him on a case... Enjela heard my desperation and helped me by sending me to Scott's martial arts teacher so I could become strong as well."

The Kashan women were saddened at seeing Jessica's heart-wrenching emotional manifestation of the time Scott had left her so that she would not be in danger. They were relieved that the two had recovered from that time and were here together on Kasha.
"I know that had to be a very tough time," Mitzi began, "but I am glad that you two were able to work it out."
She smiled gently.
"I can feel your intense love for Scott through your emotional manifestations. You two are very blessed to have each other."

Scott finished reading the notes Enjela had left him and followed her into a special room on the other side of the castle from where Jessica was. Within the room, Enjela created a powerful manifestation that was like a different space-time within the room.
"Within this room, you can use as much power as you need to continue your path on creating a full set of Forbidden Tenth Armor. I know how destructive your powers can be, so I reinforced the room so that the world outside would not be damaged."
She bid him farewell and left the room, shutting the door behind her. Scott closed his eyes and began to focus his power, his Destructive Aura spreading throughout the room and radiating waves of intense power that were being held in check by the room, at least for now.

Jessica blushed a little in embarrassment as she realized she accidentally manifested the moment and quickly made it disappear. "S-Sorry about that..." She murmured then smiled softly. "Yes... thank you..."

Scott continued to focus hard on channeling his power. His body was covered in Valor Armor and he had summoned the Forbidden Tenth Fist on both arms, trying to make it spread over the rest of his body. He and Valor were in-sync with this wish, but the going was getting tough and they felt like they were not making progress. His immense power pushed against the confines of Enjela's space, starting to chip away at it little by little. Clenching his fist tightly, Scott focused all of his attention on this one goal, trying with all he had to make it work. The strain was causing his body to sweat profusely, but he never wavered in his dedication.

Mitzi noted that the manifestation that she had shown them had been a bit of an accident, and chuckled politely.
"It's okay. There have been times when each of us accidentally manifested emotions we wanted to keep private."
She nodded to tell Jessica that she could stop and had one of the other Kashan women take over the manifestation center.
"Would you like to hear about our people? We rarely have contact with outside cultures, so it would be a pleasure to share our history with you."

Jessica continued to blush a little in embarrassment but nodded softly and smiled. "Sure, it sounds interesting." She said as she watched the other girl try a manifestation.

Scott continued to push himself hard to try and increase the Forbidden Tenth Armor. However, he eventually grew too tired to stand and collapsed to the floor, his power surging backwards toward him. Panting hard, he cursed internally that he had failed to do it. Moving into a lotus position, he took a deep breath to try and slow his heart beat. Feeling tired, he closed his eyes and tried to enter a serene meditation. He was almost successful, as he dozed off in the sitting position, unable to stay awake as his armor disappeared from his body.

Mitzi smiled at Jessica's answer.
"Well, the Kashans are a peaceful people that believe science and cooperation is a way to benefit everyone. Centuries ago we had a trade empire, but the Grymwar stole all of that away and now our Empress is one in name only. We have a peaceful coexistence with the Voltari, an intelligent race of armored worms that live in an underground city with tunnels all over the planet. While the men on the planet like to compete athletically, Kashan women like emotionally manifesting as a way of strengthening bonds. Our hope is that someday we will no longer have to fear the threat of the Grymwar and can set up our peaceful trading empire once more."

Scott awoke from his brief sleep and got unsteadily to his feet. Still feeling exhausted, he moved from the room and began heading to his own room. If he was going to sleep, he would have preferred to be in his own bed, wherever it was. He would have to recover his strength before he could attempt to expand the Forbidden Tenth Fist once again. Reaching his room, he laid down on the bed and closed his eyes. Shortly before he fell asleep, he wondered what Jessica was doing.

Mitzi nodded with a smile.
"I appreciate your sympathy. I have faith that everything will work out for my people, though."
She thought a moment, and then decided to ask Jessica a burning question.
"So, how long have you been dating Scott? Were you together when he first received Valor?"

Mitzi blushed a bit in embarrassment.
"Oh, I see. I just wondered if you knew before you started dating."
She thought a moment.
"Speaking of Scott, maybe you should practice your emotional connecting with him. It would be a great way for you two to grow closer together."

Jessica shook her head. "No, I wasn't aware..." She murmured then nodded softly. "Yeah. I think I will." She smiled a bit and stood. "I'm feeling a bit tired after that manifestation though. I think I'll go lie down. Thank you for letting me join."

Mitzi nodded at Jessica's thanks.
"You're welcome. Feel free to join us anytime we're having a meeting. You did well for your first time."
The other Kashan women waved goodbye to her and then focused on their own practice.

Jessica nodded softly and headed back to the room she and Scott were sharing and smiled happily when she saw Scott was there resting. She laid down beside him and cuddled him close.

Scott woke up the next morning to find Jessica snuggled up next to him. Smiling, he kissed her on the top of the head, and got up to sit on the side of the bed. He was not sure where to find a bathroom in the palace, so he sat there until Jessica woke up.
"Good morning, beautiful,"he said in greeting.
When she was more awake, he put his arm around her to pull her close to him.
"So, what did you do yesterday?"

Jessica yawned softly and smiled sleepily at him as he greeted her before cuddling close to him as he wrapped his arm around him. "I worked on emotion manifestation with some of the Kashan women."

Scott nodded as Jessica answered his question.
"Really? That's interesting. I remember Enjela telling me once that the Kashans could do that, and that they communicated on a deep level because of that. I wonder what it would be like to have two hearts connecting like that."
He smiled down at Jessica and kissed the top of her head.

Scott smiled as Jessica told him about manifesting.
"Really? That's great."
She said that they might be able to make the heart connection, and he nodded at this idea.
"I like that idea. Why don't we try it?"

Scott gently turned Jessica to face him and took her hands while they were sitting cross-legged on the bed. He closed his eyes and kissed her forehead before leaning his against hers. Scott had no idea how they should do it, but he kept his mind clear as if he was meditating. If the connection was successful, he knew he would see a sign very soon.

Jessica smiled a little at the kiss and closed her eyes as she rested her head against his and cleared her mind, simply focusing on the man before her, the man she loved.

As Scott was approaching meditation, he started to see something glowing bright pink in his mind. Moving closer to it telepathically, he got close enough to see that it resembled Jessica. Realizing that this must be her heart, he moved toward it. The blue projection of himself melded with the pink projection of Jessica, and he suddenly felt a warm sensation traveling through his body. He could feel Jessica's emotions, her love for him coming to him. His own thoughts became loving toward her,and images of their past together could be seen, as well as the emotions contained within those images.

Back
Top Bottom