Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Life of Valor (Grave x Kat)

Jessica hummed softly to herself as she filled out paperwork and checked people in and out of the building, directing clients to the different businesses throughout the building, so on and so forth.

Scott continued to follow the lawyer until he stopped at a restaurant. Pulling up in the parking lot, it seemed like his quarry was just getting breakfast. As he parked his car, he saw that his quarry picked a seat next to the window, making for easy surveillance. About ten minutes later, a young woman sat down across from him and ordered a cup of coffee. Scott wondered if this was a client he was having breakfast with, or if it was a girlfriend. For now, there was no indication that it was untoward, so he just watched and waited as he filmed them with his camera.

Jessica yawned and stretched tiredly, with nothing she needed to do at the moment she decided she would send Scott a quick text. "So bored, can't wait for lunch." She smiled a little as she sent it.

Scott felt his phone vibrate and took it out of his pocket. He looked down and smiled as he saw it was from Jessica. He texted back: "See you at lunch." Turning back to the quarry, he saw them get up, shake hands, and leave in separate cars. It seemed that it had been just a client-attorney meeting after all. Putting down his camera, he started his car and followed the lawyer.

Scott followed his quarry back to his law office, but it was pretty clear that he would not be leaving anytime soon. By the looks of things, it seemed like he was just a workaholic and not a cheater. This would be good news for his client, but no less damaging on their marriage. Scott hung around until lunch time, and then returned to the building to meet his lady love in the lobby.
"Hey, Jessica," he said, giving her a kiss on the cheek.
He put his arm around her and walked over with her to the cafe.

"You look really beautiful today. I love you."
He gave her a kiss on the lips and sat down with her.
"So, how is work? Having fun being back?"
He looked at the menu to see what he wanted.

Jessica hummed softly to herself until Scott came in and she smiled brightly. "Hey." She said smiling a little at the kiss to her cheek and leaning into him as he wrapped his arm around her. She blushed a little at his compliment and smiled softly. "I love you too." She said after she kissed him back before shrugging. "Eh, it's pretty boring." She replied, looking over her own menu.

Scott nodded as she told him that her work was pretty boring.
"Yeah, my work hasn't been that interesting either. Some lawyer's wife thinks he's being unfaithful and hired me to follow him, but so far, he's done nothing wrong. Either she's just being paranoid or he's being very careful. Hard to tell yet."
He settled on ordering a roast beef sandwich with Pepsi to drink.

Jessica nodded. "So you're just sitting in your car all day watching a stranger huh? Certainly sounds boring." She said with a sympathetic smile as she ordered a chicken Cesar salad and a water.

"You make it sound so dirty," Scott replied with a chuckle, "but I guess that's what it boils down to."
He reached out and gently took Jessica's hand.
"Have you thought any more about my offer to move in together?"
The food soon arrived and Scott took a bit of his sandwich and a sip of his Pepsi. He knew he had sprung that on Jessica out of the blue, but he would have felt better if she was living with him rather than the unsafe apartment complex she was living in. That being said, he would never force it on her, as he wanted her to really think about it and be happy with the choice that she made.

Jessica chuckled softly and thanked the waitress for the food before blushing a little and looking down at his question. "I-I... I guess I... don't see a problem with it..." She murmured shyly.

Scott felt joy as she said that she would move in with him.
"Are you sure? I don't want you doing something just to make me happy if it's not something you really want to do."
He reached out and gently took her hands.
"If you're really ready for that step, then I'm glad. I was hoping that this would be a first step in building a future together."

Scott smiled as she squeezed his hand.
"After work, I'll come over to your place and help you get stuff ready to move. It shouldn't take too long."
He let go of her hand and finished up his sandwich and drink. Checking his watch, he gave her a slightly sad look.
"Well, it looks like I have to get back to work."

Jessica finished eating as well and looked at him, slightly disappointed but nodding as she understood. "Alright. See you after work." She said as she let him go then paid for the meal.

Scott nodded, understanding her disappointment. He would have preferred to split the check, but Jessica insisted on paying, so he let her. Going back out to his car, he returned to the law practice of his quarry and watched the building. Night had fallen by the time his quarry left the building, but it was only 10:00, and his wife had been reporting that he had been coming home regularly at between 3:00 and 4:00 AM. This meant that it was a safe bet that he was not going straight home, and this increased the possibility that Scott could catch him doing something untoward. Following his quarry at a safe distance, he knew he was likely to either confirm or assuage his client's fears tonight.

Scott followed his quarry from the urban sprawl into a residential neighborhood. This was on the south side of town, and he knew from his client that he lived on the west side of town. It was entirely possible that he was stopping by a friend's place or visiting a family member, so he tried to keep an open mind. The lawyer stopped the car in front of a red brick house and went to the door before ringing the bell. A woman came to the door, which set off alarm bells immediately. Was this his secret girlfriend, or simply another client that he was meeting at her home?

Given that they did not kiss or do anything affectionate, it was either that he was being very careful or there was nothing romantic there. He went into the home and the door was shut, and so Scott lowered and turned off his camera. He would have to stay parked here until the lawyer left the home, even if it meant staying all night. That was a dicey proposition, considering that he had promised to help Jessica move that day, but if he called and told her that it was for work, he was sure that she would understand. Sighing in boredom, Scott took out a water bottle and began to drink from it. It was times like these that he wished that he had X-ray vision like Superman, although upon further thought, it was probably better that he didn't have such a power.

Jessica waited around after everyone had left until it was 11 PM wondering where Scott was she sighed and decided she'd leave without him. She placed a note on the door in case he came back for her, then she gathered her stuff and walked off, since she always had to be the first one there to sign people in, she didn't worry about leaving the note for him. She walked to her old, rundown apartment and packed her stuff in boxes and bags, she'd stay here tonight if Scott didn't show up, then they could simply pick it up the next day after work. She thought this to herself, trying to stay positive.

A couple hours passed, and around midnight, Scott took out his cell phone and looked at it, wondering if he should call Jessica and let her know that he wasn't going to be able to make it tonight. He knew she would understand, but he also knew that she would be disappointed, and he cringed at the thought of hearing the disappointment in her voice. Around 12:30, he was startled when his quarry left the house and got into his car. It appeared that he would not be staying there all night, after all. Waiting until his quarry had turned a corner, he started his car and began to follow him from a safe distance. After a while, the lawyer's car turned into a residential neighborhood that Scott recognized as where his client lived.

The lawyer parked his car in his own driveway and then went inside at 1:00 AM. This did not jive with his client telling him that her husband was coming home between 3:00 and 4:00 AM. Scott drove past the house and wondered what he should make of it. Having seen nothing suspicious and now seeing him come home at an earlier time, he had to wonder exactly what it was that made his client so suspicious. With his quarry at home, Scott was now free to head over to Jessica's apartment and help her move in to his home. Remembering where it was from the night he dropped her off after she was attacked, he pulled into the parking lot and then headed to her apartment.

Scott gently knocked and then opened the door of her apartment, seeing that her stuff was already packed up. Jessica still looked as beautiful as she had earlier in the day, and he gave her a gentle smile.
"Hey, babe," he said before giving her a kiss.
"Sorry I'm late. I got tied up with work."
He picked up some boxes and began carrying them out to his SUV, helping her to get her stuff ready to go.

By the time Scott got to the apartment Jessica had brushed her teeth and gotten into her pjs, she had been just about to lock up when he walked in, jumping her a little as she stepped back quickly to avoid the door. She sighed a little when it was just Scott and she looked up at him as he said he got tied up with work. "It's fine, I figured that's what happened, we don't have to move tonight if you'd rather just get home and get to bed." She said.

Scott was coming back into the apartment when she said that.
"Nah, it's fine. It's not too much."
He helped her pack her stuff into the SUV and shut the trunk. He then turned to Jessica.
"Are you ready to go?"

Jessica blinked in surprise and nodded softly. "If you're sure..." She murmured as she pulled on her shoes, still in her pjs as she helped him pack stuff into the van. She then looked up at him and nodded. "I guess so." She said, giving him a gentle but tired smile.

Scott smiled as she helped him pack up her stuff and then got into the SUV.
"Cool. Let's head home."
He started the SUV and began driving it back to his place. Once he arrived, he helped her carry in the boxes and set them in the foyer.
"We can start unpacking tomorrow. For now, I think we should head to bed."
Scott gave her a quick kiss on the lips and went into his room, stripping down to his boxers. He then crawled into bed and waited for Jessica to join him.

Back
Top Bottom