Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Life of Valor (Grave x Kat)

Jessica groaned softly in comfort of the massage and sighed happily, blushing brightly at his words she hesitated a moment before whispering. "I-I love you too..."

Scott felt warm as Jessica's whispered words came to his ear. She was shy and inexperienced, but he did not think he could have found a more genuine girlfriend. He leaned up and gently kissed her before sitting up with her in his arms.
"I'm gonna head downstairs and get something to eat."
He stood up and put on some shorts and a light T-shirt before heading out the door. He left it cracked so that Jessica would be covered from direct view but could easily open the door to follow him once she was dressed.

Scott smiled as Jessica joined him at the table. Mr. Allan had been down there and had fixed them a hearty breakfast.
"Good morning, darling," he said as he gave her a hug when she got close to the table and a kiss on the left temple.
Scott smiled, thinking that it was great that Jessica had such a close relationship with her father. After eating, he got ready to go.
"Ready to go with me down to City Hall?" he asked Jessica.

Jessica hugged her father back and ate up the breakfast, nodding as she grabbed her purse. "Yup." She said and followed him to the car. "See you later dad!"

Scott nodded and walked with Jessica out to the car. He opened the door for her and then got inside, starting the car and pulling out of the driveway. With Jessica's help, he found City Hall, and when he went in, he asked to go to the Hall of Public Records. He was shown the way, and when they were inside, he went to the local newspapers to scan over them.
"I'd like to see if there has been a history of these werewolf sightings. Use that microfiche machine over there while I look through these newspapers."

Microfiche was an old-style computer index that kept archived copies of ancient newspapers that had by now rotted into illegibility. There were computers set up that he could go over, as well, but he wished to see if the hard copies could provide him information first.
"Let's go over everything here and then meet up to compare notes."
Not finding anything in today's newspaper, he put it down and began going down the ones from previous days, which were neatly arranged in order.

Jessica nodded and sat down at the computer and began searching through different articles. She was fairly skilled with computers and instead of having to go through every article she was able to figure out how search key words and find the articles related to what they needed to see. She took a piece of paper and began writing down the dates and details of anything that could remotely be considered a werewolf sighting.

Scott went through every newspaper that he could get his hands on, and saw that there were several reported creature sightings within the woods. Many of these witnesses were later revealed to be under the influence of either alcohol or drugs, and some had simply been asleep moments before and were therefore "sleep drunk", so many of these stories were later discredited as a rural "fifteen-minutes-of-fame" type stunt, even though many of the witnesses swore up and down that what they said was true. What was more important to Scott was that he could eliminate any sightings that were older than ten years, since the descriptions of some of the sighted creatures did not even come close to the description of a werewolf. All of the werewolf sightings seem to have begun ten years ago, around the time that Jessica's mother had died. Was this a strange coincidence, or was there a connection somewhere. Scott put that thought aside for now and took the newspapers containing the most detailed and credible stories over to the table, waiting for Jessica to join him so that they could compare notes.

Jessica finished her search a moment later and sat at the table with her notes. "As far as older stories go there wasn't much that matched what we're looking for. A few sightings from 1850-1900s but I doubt that they are connected to what we're dealing with now."

Scott nodded and looked over her notes, seeing that she had come to much the same conclusion she had.
"Yeah, many of the sightings dating even up to the early 21st century do not match the description of a werewolf. The sightings related to what we are looking for begin in 2006, the exact day of the first report being within the first week of next month."
Scott picked up a newspaper and showed it to her.
"There was a werewolf sighting the day before your mother's body was found in a supposed hit 'n' run."
He handed the paper to Jessica so that she could look it over for herself.

While she did that, he folded his hands on the table.
"There have been very few sightings of a werewolf in this area leading up to 2016. Given we only found one werewolf in this area, they might have all been from that same one."
He turned to her.
"I suggest we comb the woods and other isolated areas in this town and a few counties, and if we find nothing, we move on."
Scott could see that with her mother's possible connection to this case, it might be very emotional for her, so he was going to be there for her the best he could be.

Jessica blinked in surprise and looked down a little when he mentioned her mother's death and looked over the article, not seeing much to connect the sighting to her mother, though little did she know how fast werewolves could move, and how far in such a short time. She nodded at his suggestion and helped him put the articles away before beginning to head out of the building.

Scott helped Jessica put away the articles and walked with her out of the City Hall building. He opened the passenger side door of his car for her and got in before starting it up. They began driving, and he went to a section of town that was an off-season camp ground. He parked the car in a gravel parking lot and got out to walk into the rural section with Jessica. He crossed into the woods and began looking around for signs of damage to the forest. This would tell him if there had been anything passing through here.

Scott crouched down and examined the tracks in the dirt trail. He could see evidence of deer and smaller woodland life, but none of the five-toed tracks that were indicative of a werewolf. However, as he proceeded further up the trail, he saw the tracks he was looking for heading straight across the trail to his left. He motioned Jessica over and let her take a look at it.
"Unless these are tracks made by the one we stopped yesterday, we have found the quarry."
He stood up and turned around so that his back was to her.

Scott closed his eyes and contacted Valor telepathically, something they could do like second nature after all the time and experience together. Once their minds were connected, the powerful energy that came about as a result of their union could be accessed. Without this mental connection, the power was unattainable. This was a safeguard built into the weapons system that prevented someone from mind-controlling the Voltari host and hijacking the unimaginable power they were capable of. Scott suddenly flung his right arm out to the side, both of them directing the Valor Armor to form instantly on it. This quick-armor technique was one they had formulated together for if he was suddenly under attack and needed access to both his offense and defense right than.

Scott backed up so that his back was against Jessica's chest. He gently took her hands and placed them around his waist, so that they were together and could move as one.
"These creatures have enough cunning to know that you are the more vulnerable of the two of us. I need you to stay wrapped around me like this, so that I can face any threat and protect you. I will face the front and defeat anything that comes that way. Valor is keeping an eye on everything 360 degrees around us, and he can sense these creatures from hundreds of miles away."

Scott smiled.
"He will give me a heads-up of what's coming. Stay calm and be alert. You're in the capable hands of the greatest warrior that The Shadowgreen Institute ever produced."
He began walking with her into the woods, following the tracks. If there was a quarry to be found, they would find it and get the blood sample that they needed.

Jessica checked out the tracks and nodded at Scott's words, touching the tracks softly before she watched him for a moment, blinking in surprise as he armored up and she stood. She then raised a confused eyebrow as he wrapped her arms around him from behind and blushed a little looking down as she nodded. "Alright... Thank you..." She said quietly as she began walking with him, though awkwardly, with her arms wrapped around him.

While the walk was awkward, the progress was steady. Scott kept his eye out for any danger, scanning the area in front of him carefully. A bush rustled and a bunny ran off further into the woods like some kind of horror movie ploy. However, after they had taken a few more steps, Valor informed him that something was closing in fast on the right side. I had the same energy as the creature before, so it was definitely a werewolf. He was thankful for Valor's abilities, as he could not hear the approach of the werewolf.

Scott's arm morphed into the Forbidden Tenth Fist, and as it burst from the clearing, flying through the air in a horrific way, he turned to face it. He waited until they were almost touching before raising his arm and blasting it point-blank in the face with the Shining Fist of Valor. The creature let out a scream of pain and flew back to land on its back, the intense power at close-range almost too much for it to bear. Scott held on to Jessica's arms and jumped over to the creature, giving it a Fist of Valor strike in the face that left a small crater under its head to end the fight. Within five minutes, the creature had changed into an unconscious young man that was lightly hurt. Scott crouched down and took a blood sample before putting it away.

"We need to get medical help for this poor young man. There's no telling what they might have suffered under the bastard behind all of this."
He pulled out his cell phone and called 911, directing them to the spot where they were. He quickly willed away his Valor Arm so as not to give away his identity. When the paramedics arrived, he was surprised to see that it was the same ones that had come to Jessica's father's home the day before.
"Well, Mr. Young and Ms. Allan, how are you?"

They loaded up the unconscious young man on a stretcher and carried him back to the ambulance.
"I recognize this kid. His name is Lance Albertson, and he went missing from here two years ago. The cops did a preliminary check on the young lady we brought in yesterday, and her name is Stacy Peachwood, who went missing last year. Finding two missing people alive like this is a miracle. Maybe you two are good luck charms for this town."

Scott smiled and tried to act friendly, not wanting to tell this friendly EMT the horrible truth about these formerly missing teenagers. After all, who would believe him? Aliens had been proven real beyond a shadow of a doubt, but the supernatural was still unbelievable to most people. Go figure that one. Scott watched as the ambulance drove away, wishing the young man a safe and speedy recovery so that he could be reunited with a family that had missed him greatly. He then turned to Jessica and took her hand to walk with her back to the car.

"We should check out a couple more stops and then head on home. If I have to fight one more werewolf on an empty stomach, I'm protesting at the next superhero union meeting."
He got in the car and started it up, pulling out of the parking lot. Scott took a right turn and headed for another rural area. Once the car was out of view, a bush rustled twice. Within the bush, there was a low growl and a pair of glowing red eyes...

Jessica gasped and gripped onto Scott tighter as the creature attacked and her eyes widened once again at his sheer power. She let him go once the boy had morphed back and helped to stop any bleeding while the EMTs were called. She then let Scott answer the questions and nodded to the EMT, giving a soft smile. "I'm just glad that we found them. I'm sure their families must be worried sick..." She followed Scott back to the car, looking down a little as she held his hand and nodded softly as he said that as they drove.

Scott stopped the vehicle at the next two stops on the itinerary, but there was no sign of any werewolf. Satisfied that they had discovered all the werewolves in the area, Scott drove back to Mr. Allan's house and went inside with Jessica.
"Well, I'm relieved that there were only two. Still, those two together could have done a ton of damage to this community if we had not stopped them."
He put his arm around Jessica's waist and gently pulled her to him, letting her rest her head on his shoulder. He was thankful that after two encounters with vicious monsters, she was still as unharmed as she had been when they first got up.

"We should leave out of here tomorrow after breakfast. We'll head down south and check the Massachusetts and New Hampshire states."
He smiled.
"But tonight, I was thinking that after dinner you could show me around town. I've been all business lately, I know, so it's only fair that you get to take the lead for a bit. Sound good?"

The werewolf that had spied the two enemies, for this is how it thought of them and not as people with identities, raced off to report what had happened to the Alpha of the Pack. To increase speed in the journey, it ran on all fours just like its ordinary lupine cousin, but this creature was much faster and could cover much greater distance in less time. The wolf creature ran all-out for the location of the Alpha, stopping only to have a bear for dinner and replenish energy before continuing the trek. This was not the most convenient of information sharing, but the creature had little choice. Only the Alpha could communicate with all of his pack telepathically, for they were all tied to his bloodline. Also, unlike the werewolves in the stories, they could not change back into their human forms at will, being stuck as a slave to the will of the Alpha unless they were rendered unconscious and free of his control.

This werewolf was one of thousands that the Alpha had created over the past ten years. Most of the missing people in the United States over the last ten years were his personal doing. It had been a slow process of kidnapping them, injecting them with his blood, and then transforming to beat them in combat and become their leader, but the hard work had finally paid off with an absolutely loyal werewolf army. The Alpha had sent two or three werewolves into each state to act as sleeper agents, ready to attack local threats as the main army began its assault on the nation. With so many attacks going on at once, the federal government and its intimidating military would be powerless to meet them all. His army would roll right over them and he would soon have control of the most powerful country in the world, the first step in achieving world domination.

Only there was a problem, and one not entirely unforeseen. The Alpha had become aware of The Shadowgreen Institute and its services to those with special powers. This school had been a constant thorn in his side, not only forcing him to have to hide himself and his plans from prying eyes, but producing powerful superheroes all over the world that were strong enough to face him on even footing, even with his special and very powerful form of lycanthropy. The first true threat to him had been Alan Arnan, also known as Solaris, who defeated his first test subject because he had been stupid enough to try his plan in public. He had been vain and stupid back then, and the fact that it almost cost him his entire plan was more than enough reason to smarten up.

Alan had been gone from the public eye for years now, but unfortunately, there was a new front-runner in his place. He even had an obnoxious, good-two-shoes name, the Knight of Valor, Crusader. Scott Young had abilities that were much tougher to figure out than Alan's, and he knew this young man could not be taken lightly. He had begun to formulate a plan of dealing with him, but for now, he was content not to rock the boat. His plan was proceeding smoothly, and once he had converted more to his cause, he would enact his two-pronged plan for taking over the world. Once he toppled not only the Shadowgreen Institute but the United States government, he could live in a world where he would no longer have to hide the true beast that he was behind this mask of ordinary skin and bone.

The werewolf had crossed the border into Kansas at about the time Scott and Jessica were sitting down for dinner, and made his way to the secret headquarters of the Alpha. When he found his leader sitting upon a throne made from the bones of wolves and humans, he bowed his head and then communicated what he knew in growls and other noises understandable only to those who shared the wolf blood. The Alpha nodded to his underling, using his telepathy to see the memories of this werewolf as he spoke. In its mind, he could see Scott and a young woman he did not know. It seemed the fool had actually started dating a normal human being, and that made it all the easier to know his vulnerabilities. Once the werewolf underling had given him his full report, the Alpha turned his gaze upon him.

"Leave him be for now. Since the defeated werewolves are still alive, I can simply transform them once more from a distance."
This was the insidious nature of the Alpha's blood. Once someone became infected with the blood, they were under his influence until they died or he did. With the blood within them, he could use his telepathic abilities to awaken the beast within them from anywhere in the world. Only death could deplete his army, and his army was very, very hard to kill.

"Return to Maine and hold down your station. Stay out of sight until you hear word from me. You have done well and shall be rewarded. You are now the Alpha of the Maine pack, and will be so as long as you continue to perform your duties. Go now and continue to serve me well."
The werewolf smiled a wolfish grin and then howled in celebration before leaving to return to Maine.

Jessica blushed a little as he held her and she nodded as she rested her head on his shoulder. She then blinked in surprise at his suggestion for showing him around and she smiled, seeming pleased with the idea and nodded. "Sure, we can do that." She said happily.

Scott was happy to hear that she was onboard with the idea.
"Awesome."
When it was time for dinner, he went downstairs with Jessica to a country dinner that Mr. Allen had prepared. While none of it was something he himself would have fixed, Scott found it to be delicious and filling. After the dinner, he let Mr. Allen know that they would be gone for a little bit and walked outside with Jessica.
"Lead on," he said as he took her hand and intertwined his fingers with hers.

Jessica smiled and thanked her dad for dinner as she ate, humming happily at the taste of her father's cooking. She then smiled happily as Scott took her hand and she nodded, they didn't even need to drive for her to show him the places of her hometown, it was a very small town after all, and they were both plenty fit to walk around a while. Jessica led him to her old elementary and middle school, explaining that they didn't have a highschool in this town so she had to go to one a couple towns over. She then led him to the playground she'd used to play on as a kid and the attached field she'd played soccer on. She brought him to her favorite little shop in town that sold all kinds of goodies. Finally she walked him back to the house but didn't lead him inside, instead she led him into the forest but in a different direction than they had gone last night.

Scott smiled as he walked with Jessica, seeing her seem to come alive as they walked around. She showed him the two schools she had attended, and it made him think of his own time in the schools back in Detroit. She had been required to leave town for high school, and he had been required to leave the country to attend Shadowgreen Institute, so leaving their roots as they grew to adulthood had been something they had in common. She led him over to the soccer field, and he thought that she must have been quite a player. They went to a shop and looked around, and he could see the joy glowing on her face. With his love and acceptance, as well as being back home, Jessica was starting to become a woman that was breaking the chains of her past.

When they were done shopping, Scott took her hand and began walking with her back to Mr. Allen's house. He thought they were going inside, but instead, Jessica began leading him back into the woods. They took a previously untraveled path deeper into the woods, and he couldn't help but be cautious going into this. A warm night deep in the woods was romantic and secluded, but horror movies since the dawn of time had warned of their dangers, and with werewolves running around, that wasn't just paranoia. He looked back and saw Mr. Allen's house disappearing from view, letting Valor measure the distance back to the house. One thing that had kept him alive all this time was that he never let his guard down, and he would work even harder to keep Jessica alive.

Jessica seemed at piece as she followed the familiar invisible path through the woods and finally came upon a beautiful place. She stepped out of the trees to have them be on the bank of a beautiful moonlit brook. There was a small waterfall upstream that led down into the brook and there was a small, rock outcropping in the middle of the brook with a single, small tree growing out of the water behind it. Without hesitation Jessica kicked off her sandals and stepped into the shallow brook, balancing on rocks and stones as she waded her way to the outcropping. "This is my favorite place... I found it soon after mom died... it always soothes me." She turned for a moment to smile at him before stepping up onto the outcropping and sitting down on it under the tree.

Scott looked around at the majestic place she had taken him and smiled.
"It's so beautiful and peaceful."
She crossed the water and sat under the tree. He gracefully jumped across the water to land solidly on the other side. Master Chiang had him jumping on stones to balance years ago, and he was not in a hurry to revisit that. He sat down next to Jessica and put his arm around her.

He looked up at the moon as it shined down on them.
"This is very nice. It reminds me of when I would travel to Master Chiang's temple using space-time warping. It was tranquil like this."
He kissed her cheek.
"Thank you for sharing this with me, I really appreciate it, since I can tell how dear this place is to your heart."

Jessica blinked in surprise and chuckled softly as he jumped across, still not used to his super powers. She then smiled and rested her head on his shoulder as he wrapped his arm around her and sighed in comfort at the kiss. "Well, you make my heart feel at ease even more than this place. So I thought the two of you together would be magical..." She said, smiling up at him lovingly.

Scott turned to look at Jessica, smiling softly at her kind words and falling in love with her all over again as he met her loving gaze.
"I love you so much."
He placed a gentle hand on the side of her face and leaned in, giving her a deep and special kiss. When he pulled away, their faces were still close together.
"Let's make love in this magical place. It will make your first time something truly unforgettable."

Jessica smiled happily at his words then gasped softly in the kiss and sighed in joy as she kissed him back, she then looked up at him and blushed brightly, blinking in surprise as she hesitated, thinking a moment before she nodded softly. "A-Alright..." She said, a little nervous, it was her first time afterall.

Back
Top Bottom