Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

BMR's Running Jokes (as far as we can recall their origins)

Well, one-off stuff doesn't technically qualify, like Nyoko's recollection of the kissing lessons (that was a lot of fun, but not precisely "running" nor a "joke", but I'm really glad she reminded me of it. :) ). It's not entirely a rigid or codified qualification set, but I suspect it needs to be some kind of joke or custom that's had some legs to it, recurred a lot over a period of time.

Honestly, the only other stuff I can think of that's worked over time like that lately has been Aku's demon babies, but that's rather a bit new, still, to be distilled down to a good succinct story, as yet.

Folks can feel free to add in stuff they remember, though, or ask about stuff they've been curious about that hasn't been explained.

MUSTARD GAS ATTACK

Origin: Me, bitches.

edit, for MM anal-ness:
It started when someone posted in BMchat in color. So I wanted to do the same, threw in a tag, and decided to bomb the chat with
MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD

Mustard gas attack originated from everyone playing with the different colour fonts. Luckily, we had managed to stumble upon this gem because of vampy suddenly typing it in the chat, like so:

MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK MUSTARD GAS ATTACK

It is pure beauty. :]

100_0513.jpg

100_0514.jpg

Yes, it is, but I think he means the actual room has straight edges.

Alright, so ideas flittering about in meh head and it all of a sudden occurred to me to ask: What does a Town Crotch look like? The image in my head is of like an Old Western cowboy/sheriff wearing ass-less chaps that emphasize the groin area. But since this seems more medieval/British, then I'm thinking this visulaization may be wrong. :?

Things that have happened so often they've become running jokes:

People mistaking Vampy for female.

People mistaking Zalvek for female.

People mistaking Hahvy for male (usually before they talk to her for any length of time).

Hmm, what else?

Let me just drop this reference, because I don't have the story for it: Vampy's pansexual black penis (Vampy not being black)

In all fairness, Zal always has had a hot female for his avatar and signature.

AkumaTsuki's Army of Demon Babies.

Or Demon Army of Babies.

Or Baby Army of Demons.

Point is, Aku's persona is a demoness who is amassing an army, an army of demon babies! But the thing about demon babies is, they have to be born.

Now, Aku enjoys playing preggers in the chatroom, and we've made up the idea that demon babies can take anywhere from a couple of hours to a few days to gestate enough to be "born" in chat, but even she can't breed a whole army in such a short period of time. I mean, really!

This was all compounded on pretty much the day I first hung out with her. We were all goofing in the chat, as we usually do, and at some point, Misha starts randomly warning me that giant sky penises are tearing open the roof of my building to come get me. It's... best if you don't ask.

Anyway, so I'm told I need to hide, so since we're being all cartoony in the chat, as we frequently are, I pull a page out of Goaty and Misha's book and go hide inside someone. Since I've been playing around with Aku already, I merely post that I'm crawling up inside of Aku to hide.

Of course, when you're up inside someone, you gotta take a look around. So I go and examine her ovaries. We'd already been talking about the demon baby extravaganza and the logistical issues connected thereto. So, naturally, I took the liberty of fertilizing all of Aku's eggs while I was there. I mean, you might as well be sure, right?

Well, this led to a lot of concerns about carrying hundreds of babies to term simultaneously. And my approach was: relax! I'll just get a job at a fertilization clinic and substitute Aku zygotes for the requested zygotes! Saw it on the X-Files, it'll work like a charm!

That went over pretty well, until Aku then seized upon the idea that we didn't need to wait for customers in the clinic; we could recruit volunteers in the chat! And she grew some more eggs, she decided, so she could still mother more children, while implanting her zygotes into willing wombs. In a few cases, she implanted some in men, too, by feng shui-ing the organs around a little bit. Thankfully, the demon babies, as mentioned before, gestate in a reasonably short time.

So if Aku talks to you about bearing her young, don't be startled. It's really not a particularly painful process. Well, if you don't birth the child at a reasonable time, she'll come "Repo" it, and that leads to a fair amount of cutting open and filling out claim forms for your life insurance policy (which I am expert at, by the way), but since it's all in chat... you get better.

I guess another running joke is the horn.

You see, one time in chat, we were discussing looks. I mean, it's natural to be curious; you're dealing with people entirely on the internet, just by text, but human beings are naturally curious about appearances. As a species, we're primarily visual, and we get a lot of cues from appearances.

Buuuuut I'm a larger guy. It comes with age and a sedentary lifestyle; my metabolism just isn't fast, and even with my biking, I don't burn as many calories as I should (getting better, but still). So it comes to talking about me, and I'm just "Don't bother, I'm a " and I was about to type whale, but everybody talks about themselves like a whale, and that's not creative, but the more unusual whales are out there, and I suddenly remember one, so I finish " narwhal."

And that, essentially, is how I became a narwhal. This has led to so much discussion of my narwhal blubber, my sexy, sexy horn, my sonar (when someone pokes out my eyes in chat, I have to use sonar, but because I don't have the right senses, I have to just shout something like "HEY" and then "/me listens" for a while, until the joke gets old), and so forth. My narwhally powers are legion, and my horn is a source of much covetousness, based on the amount of times it gets broken off and sawed and what have you.

Recently, I've even started trying to use new smileys, adding horns to them. --8D is a good one. When I get the horn broken or stolen, I can then just take away a hyphen, -8( , like that!

It's not easy being the resident cetacean on the board, but some of the ladies around here give exquisite horn-jobs, and it has led to a burgeoning career as an occasional webcomic star!

narwhalleer.jpg

ALL HAIL THE NARWHAL!

--XD

Back in the day when BM was starting out and PVP first appeared there was a mini discussion about Pylons.

To which I became BM's first and so far only Pylon.

I have been asked to point out that Aku has certain rules for her progeny, including that they must all have Germanic names and other things. Honestly, as with all of these, there are specific permutations and details that I leave for you to discover yourself. So ask her about it all. Just... be prepared for the rape.

Now, as for the REVENGE!, it comes from Cpl. Bunny herself. In her journal, which she self-destructed when she quit the site for a while some time back (hence the inability to cite the specific case), she detailed a date which ended up disastrous. And once she was spurned by her date, she swore revenge on the male gender. REVENGE, I tell you.

REVENGE!

So after that, she would do something to make me desirous, and I would have to acknowledge that she exacted her revenge by posting "<revenge>" and then she would cry in victory "REVENGE!" And those of us who were her friends (regardless of whether or not they had been immediately before the very target of said revenge) would pick up the cry, crying REVENGE to the heavens!

REVENGE!

Death by Skillet

This is a joke basically directed towards our favorite penguin, MrPenguin. One day me being bored and desiring Chicken of sometime decided to use Penguin as food instead! :D I figured HEY ITS A BIRD THEY'LL TASTE THE SAME XD. Thus starting the running gag of Penguin never knowing if I'm going to use him for dinner or not. There have been clones made and sought in stores ;)

This isn't exactly "running," but it's a good place to explain a confluence of events that won't be perceptible in a day or two.

Hahvy was in chat, and posted a link to her one shot of her jeans-clad butt that we've seen before. And the guys were all being on about it, of course. But then Hahvy had to step afk for a bit. Which was her mistake.

So I believe it was DareToDream who suggested he might put Hahvy's pic as his avatar. He was joking, clearly, but I'm the one who declared we all ought to do it. All at once. Just pics of Hahvy's butt all through the site. But I didn't have the link, nor the ability to resize it. No, it took someone with balls to actually resize the photo and put it up. And that would be Kingschoolforyou.

So, while King was being chased and killed by Hahvy upon her return, it was Goaty who picked up the standard. He copied King's avvy and put it up as his own. And then I did, too.

Incidentally: http://i39.tinypic.com/35jawbo.jpg

So after that, it was a run. We finally got something like 8, maybe more, people who temporarily adopted Hahvy's Ass as their avatar. And posted in Random Info. By the time many of you read this, people will have gone back to normal. But it was awesome at the time.

We are the few. The proud. The Gorgeous Buttock Army!

Neon Boy said:
Back in the day when BM was starting out and PVP first appeared there was a mini discussion about Pylons.

To which I became BM's first and so far only Pylon.

If you had constructed as many links as you had wanted to construct Pylons we'd be topping Google right now >: (

Back
Top Bottom