Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

BMR's Running Jokes (as far as we can recall their origins)

Hello, and welcome. A lot of people come on here and just use the RP threads, or troll in the PVP or whatever.

But there's a group that hangs out in the chatbox. They're vocal, they're creative, and there's a whole history of running jokes and references going around. It confuses a lot of people, but it doesn't have to. The stories are easy. However, there's only so many times a person can stand to tell them.

That's what this thread is for. Explaining some of the running gags so that newcomers will have some idea of what and why things are the way they are.

Give me a moment, I'll tell you the tale of how Goaty became my butt-son and then never left "home."

This was at the beginning of 2009 sometime; it evolved over months and months, but this is how it started.

Ilovegoatse is a mod and a freak and an all-around transgressive guy. Between him and Misha Hiroki, we've got our "scary but friendly" quotient pretty much filled. Naturally, they turn out to be the ABSOLUTE BEST people to know.

Back before I realized this, of course, I just thought Goaty was like a force of nature; to be withstood, endured, but you can't change his course or really affect him in any way. Misha once called nature a force of her, but that's a story for a different post.

So I was hanging out in chat, of course, and Goaty was there, and he basically made an entrance by stating he was crawling out of somebody ass. And that somebody just randomly ended up being me. To this day, I have no idea why I got chosen (maybe if there was any thought process, he'll share it after this), but right away, I'm reacting with "how did I get a butt-son?" and he's already calling me "Daddy."

And, of course, because I'm playing along (not happily, precisely, but playing along nonetheless), he decides he doesn't want to come out. He claims he's hiding up there, lurking in my colon. And he starts doing things like punching my prostate, and crawling up higher to beat up my pancreas, things like that.

Oh, I tried all sorts of things to get him out. After I found out he had a rough night at the hands of Mr. Bailey's, I told him I was drinking lots of Bailey's to flush him out. But he just hid from the Baileys, and soiled the carpet. I believe that's where it started, the idea that he had furniture and such up there, the idea that my ass was some kind of apartment. It started with the carpet (because there was this concurrent joke for a while that he kept soiling the chatroom carpet and we were going to have to get it replaced), and it moved on. Soon he was talking about lava lamps. A zebra-print couch. Black lights on hard rock posters. Oh, yes.

There were a few times, you see, where he would say that he snatched somebody and dragged them into his home, i.e. my ass, and usually did something awful to them (as is Goaty's wont), and that's when I forbade him to have parties in my ass. Which he then flatly rebelled against. I think I started first thinking of him as a landlord with a troublesome tenant, really; that's how the whole "accepting the situation" dynamic started. But it was when I started to get stern and say things like "It's for your own good, son" that I really began to accept the whole father/son dynamic.

Because it's fun, you see, and leads to more and more humor if you run with it.

Anyway, at one point, after he'd been gathering furniture in his "apartment," one night in chat he invited a bunch of people over to see the place. He starts describing what's in there, the animal prints, the artwork, the furniture, and you see, part of the joke is that I can't investigate. I can't see into my own ass, of course; very few people can. So I'm just listening to all this, and Goaty is, of course, perversely proud of his horrible, horrible taste, and I just bust out with "STOP DECORATING MY ASS LIKE IT'S THE '70's!"

And of course, Trygon or Vek (can't recall which) is there, and they go "oh, that's too perfect" and make it my Title. So I suppose I have Goaty to thank for that, too.

I don't know how, or why, but somewhere along in there, I stopped being so adversarial. Somehow, Goaty grew on me, like the fungus spores we finally decided he must have grown out of. And so I went from stern to reasonably indulgent. I suppose I've learned to ride the tsunami that is Goaty, and as a result, much of his antics roll off me. He has gone between horrible '70s decor and horrible '80s decor (please note the common keywords), and he is still a lousy tenant. He has done things to my urethra with bees and bullet ants that don't bear considering. He likes to just sit in his "apartment" and rake the walls with a literal garden rake. But I put up with it. What can I do? He's family.

Ilovegoatse is still someone who must be more experienced than described. He has not softened, really. But at the end of the day, he's my little bagel. <3

Padan's story starts with the Luna revolt of Summer '09. Two people were temp banned for remarks in the GD, and their friends were up in arms about it, holding rallies, protesting and the like. Well, Padan, being the funny guy he is, decided to side with them "jokingly." He had at least some of us fooled by how serious he was about it. A week through the mayhem, the temp bans were lifted, and there was remarks about the Great Trygon's return.

Padan, afraid that his remarks on the side of the banned people would get him banned for causing trouble, puts up a post apologizing. If my memory serves me right, that was his first comic. It wasn't novel or anything like that, but it was the start. But his career really started on another thread.

A Troll made a PVP post asking if anyone hated him. He was a nobody that had a surprisingly large amount of posts. After a page or three of posts bashing him, Padan comes in with a comic of his making about eating the Drama Whores. And so BlueMoon Comic's was born.

Mr Master said:
This was at the beginning of 2009 sometime; it evolved over months and months, but this is how it started.

Ilovegoatse is a mod and a freak and an all-around transgressive guy. Between him and Misha Hiroki, we've got our "scary but friendly" quotient pretty much filled. Naturally, they turn out to be the ABSOLUTE BEST people to know.

Back before I realized this, of course, I just thought Goaty was like a force of nature; to be withstood, endured, but you can't change his course or really affect him in any way. Misha once called nature a force of her, but that's a story for a different post.

So I was hanging out in chat, of course, and Goaty was there, and he basically made an entrance by stating he was crawling out of somebody ass. And that somebody just randomly ended up being me. To this day, I have no idea why I got chosen (maybe if there was any thought process, he'll share it after this), but right away, I'm reacting with "how did I get a butt-son?" and he's already calling me "Daddy."

And, of course, because I'm playing along (not happily, precisely, but playing along nonetheless), he decides he doesn't want to come out. He claims he's hiding up there, lurking in my colon. And he starts doing things like punching my prostate, and crawling up higher to beat up my pancreas, things like that.

Oh, I tried all sorts of things to get him out. After I found out he had a rough night at the hands of Mr. Bailey's, I told him I was drinking lots of Bailey's to flush him out. But he just hid from the Baileys, and soiled the carpet. I believe that's where it started, the idea that he had furniture and such up there, the idea that my ass was some kind of apartment. It started with the carpet (because there was this concurrent joke for a while that he kept soiling the chatroom carpet and we were going to have to get it replaced), and it moved on. Soon he was talking about lava lamps. A zebra-print couch. Black lights on hard rock posters. Oh, yes.

There were a few times, you see, where he would say that he snatched somebody and dragged them into his home, i.e. my ass, and usually did something awful to them (as is Goaty's wont), and that's when I forbade him to have parties in my ass. Which he then flatly rebelled against. I think I started first thinking of him as a landlord with a troublesome tenant, really; that's how the whole "accepting the situation" dynamic started. But it was when I started to get stern and say things like "It's for your own good, son" that I really began to accept the whole father/son dynamic.

Because it's fun, you see, and leads to more and more humor if you run with it.

Anyway, at one point, after he'd been gathering furniture in his "apartment," one night in chat he invited a bunch of people over to see the place. He starts describing what's in there, the animal prints, the artwork, the furniture, and you see, part of the joke is that I can't investigate. I can't see into my own ass, of course; very few people can. So I'm just listening to all this, and Goaty is, of course, perversely proud of his horrible, horrible taste, and I just bust out with "STOP DECORATING MY ASS LIKE IT'S THE '70's!"

And of course, Trygon or Vek (can't recall which) is there, and they go "oh, that's too perfect" and make it my Title. So I suppose I have Goaty to thank for that, too.

I don't know how, or why, but somewhere along in there, I stopped being so adversarial. Somehow, Goaty grew on me, like the fungus spores we finally decided he must have grown out of. And so I went from stern to reasonably indulgent. I suppose I've learned to ride the tsunami that is Goaty, and as a result, much of his antics roll off me. He has gone between horrible '70s decor and horrible '80s decor (please note the common keywords), and he is still a lousy tenant. He has done things to my urethra with bees and bullet ants that don't bear considering. He likes to just sit in his "apartment" and rake the walls with a literal garden rake. But I put up with it. What can I do? He's family.

Ilovegoatse is still someone who must be more experienced than described. He has not softened, really. But at the end of the day, he's my little bagel. <3
*thinks about throwing this in the YLYL thread...*

hmm...

copypasta.jpg

Eh, nevermind.

D'awweeee, Daddy! That was so cute for a story so grotesque and horrible. :3

I forgot about the Bailey's, by the way.

-sobs-

Oh, and I picked you because you looked like the best to pick. :3 I said "HMM, A GUY NAMED "MR_MASTER" THIS COULD BE VEDDY INTERESTING."

Chat Marraiges!

Oh, Lord.

Once again, this started with Goaty, I do believe. He was doing a thing where he'd violate some random person (I was a given, but there were also Corporal Bunny and Hahvoc Requiem, among others), and then he'd declare them married. I don't know if that's specifically where it came from, but he was doing it before any of the rest of us.

My boy's such a trend-setter.

I don't even know how precisely everybody got rolling on it, but just one day, people in chat were "marrying" each other. Usually without the target's permission or prior knowledge. As it evolved, the major perpetrators were myself, Hahvy, and HKitten. Kitten is STILL at the point where if you're a newcomer to chat, she'll post that she marries you before she even says "hello!" Exact numbers on chatmarriages are difficult, particularly with the spate of posts where someone would say "/me marries everyone in the chat", but suffice to say there is an interconnected network of chatmarriage bonds throughout the site, which amounts to exactly nothing, but that's the fun of it!

As it evolved, certain rules came to be established. Where you rank each rule varies with who tells them (for example, Kitten would say that her naming rule comes in at #1), but they are generally fairly simple. I'll rank them in the order most people would want to know about them, and you can shuffle them around yourself.

* You don't have to give your consent or even be consulted in order to be chatmarried.

* On the other hand, chatmarriage carries no responsibilities or expectations whatsoever (except inasmuch as they would be funny). Chatmarriage also doesn't extend outside of chat, unless you decide you want it to.

* Gay chatmarriage and plural chatmarriage are totally legal. And, in fact, are almost expected. Since there are no responsibilities or expectations, even straight people can be chatgaymarried to each other with no demands for gaycybersex. Although someone who is particularly humorless or phobic about the whole thing will naturally draw more faux-gay attention, but that's just human nature when it comes to jokey things like this.

* Chat Divorce is technically legal, but never happens. Part of that is because it's just kind of a downer, and doesn't go with the whole "let's just rope more and more people into the family" kind of ethos, but we also worked out a justification that while it's legal, all divorces have to go through the Divorce Court judge for the chatroom jurisdiction, who happens to be HKitten, and she never grants them.

* Judge Kitten has decreed that in all of her chatmarriages, she is to be addressed as the husband (even by the men) and she is to address everyone as the wife (even the men). There are a few rare exceptions to this (I believe I am one of them, at least part of the time), but the rules are inviolate in Kitten's mind.

I think that's about it; there can't be TOO many rules for something that's essentially chaotic and individual, anyway, so that ought to cover the basics.

CHAT MARRIAGE REVISION: AkumaTsuki is unmarriable within the chat or forums unless otherwise stated. WANTS TO MARRY EVERYONE, PLZ MARRY ME.

(Lovingly Edited By: Goaty)

See, many have tried the "I'm unmarryable" or "I don't want to" defense. Which kind of violates the first rule above.

However, since it's an individual and chaotic thing, I would suspect the truth of the matter might go that certain people will never, ever acknowledge a chatmarriage, and eventually said chatmarriage will just end up ignored and forgotten about.

But sure, if you wanna tell people you're unmarryable, go ahead; there's a support group somewhere around here... ^^

AkumaTsuki said:
CHAT MARRIAGE REVISION: AkumaTsuki is unmarriable within the chat or forums unless otherwise stated. WANTS TO MARRY EVERYONE, PLZ MARRY ME.

(Lovingly Edited By: Goaty)
:3

I remember the time Mr. Master, Goatse and I think someone else were teaching me the proper way to kiss someone. Haha.
Fun times. =)

I know its not a "running joke" but I hope its still okay to post it. lol

Goaty as the Queen of England and the subsequent Crotching Around.

There was a PVP argument thread; someone made an assertion that was unsupportable, and dear Kawamura of the "my mother" fame (completely different story) pointed this out. To illustrate, Goaty made the fateful proclamation "I am the Queen of England." As Goaty is a queen, and of British extraction, supportable statement was deemed supportable.

And thus an iron-fisted tyranny was born.

Goaty immediately set about consolidating his power. He pranced about in a queenly manner. He made appointments, as in he gave people jobs. He knighted people. I still recall Sir Hahvoc of Requiem, even though Hahvy is actually female. But of course, he gave the most coveted job to his dear old pater, the Royal Butt-Father. Yes, I was appointed Town Crotch. Apparently, I was to fill the royal coffers by slutting it up for pay throughout the chatbox. The fact that this conflicted with Misha's previous claim that I was her certified man-whore (complete with flip-open wallet with badge identifying me as such) was countered by a Royal Edict. Therefore, I was Town Crotch.

So what else could I do? I immediately began crotching around. It seemed the logical thing. I'd crotch over here, and crotch over there, and just crotch about in general.

Goaty has, over time, become more of a lassiez-faire ruler, but he still maintains his claim on the throne. And thus, every so often, I can be found to be crotching about, willy nilly. It's by order of the Queen, you see.

Long live the queen. /curtsies.

Hm. Trying to remember other longstanding jokes. >.< I'm sure there's .. some.. somewhere. And some to do with me, even, but dear god if I can remember them! /fail

Back
Top Bottom