Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

SAMOK (EveningSky & G23)

"Hmmm" Samantha tapped her chin in mock thought "Naw, I don't like you very much. Don't come back ever again" Samantha pasted on the most serious expression she could find. It lasted all but a few seconds before the blonde threw back her head in laughter. Finding it somewhat funny "You can visit me anytime you want...if you want." Samantha pulled away, walking further into the field "I was honestly not expecting that question. Figured you were the delivery boy for the day." Her smile was small but genuine "Guess being with me today brought back old memories huh, granted I'm less bossy" Samantha sighed, closing her eyes and taking in the air.

A serious tone taking over her cheery voice "You can't tell anyone though..." She turned to face him. Needing Ezra to understand the seriousness of their situation "Not even Tiffany." Samantha was afraid of what might occur if anyone knew Ezra Willowfoot would be visiting her.

The young girl did not want to face her father's wrath anymore than she had been. To be exiled further away would destroy all that she tried so hard to build. Oh how she wished to be an adult, unaffected by such matters. Free from the guilt of her teenage heart.

"You know what our families can be like. My uncle Jason is not like the others, he doesn't care about past history and old feuds. But if anyone at home finds out.....well..." Samantha pursed her lips "I think you know Wilmington good enough to figure the rest out"

"Don;t worry. only red knows I'm here. And he won't say a word."

He found a large low branch and sat on it. "But i will come visit all i can. just make sure to let me know if Tiffany is coming up, She keeps saying she is guna come visit you."

He rolled his eyes. "Screaming it for the world to hear really. Of course your dads won't let that happen. Tiffany's especially. Did she tell you about backing into the school? Or the bus? Or hitting that tree? She's a horrible driver. no way he's letting her drive alone this far."

he chuckled at the thought. "Still...you sure you don't me to get her here sometime?"

"Tiffany didn't have to tell me, I'm her best friend. We both went for our license together. My dad allowed us to practice on the open land with his truck." Samantha's face lit up "Trust me, we've tried to teach her. maybe you'll have more luck...since ya know...She has a thing for you"

Samantha grinned, walking over to the branch that Ezra sat on "You'll have to do it incognito." She leaned on the beach, arms folded. "Tell her you were making a trip to Arkansas for whatever reason, and that it would be okay if she could tag along" Samantha watched Ezra from the corner of her eyes "You were the one they sent to deliver their gifts, hence you're the only one who knows exactly where I am" Samantha genius could not be beat, or at least that's what the grinning blonde thought.

Her hands reached out, shoving Ezra a bit "And she does like you a lot so the trip should be interesting" She winked. "It would be so cool if you didn't have this girl you liked. So then you and Tiffany could try going out. My best friend and my age old nemesis." Samantha chuckled to herself, pushing off the branch and heading back "I'm not spending all day with you Willowfoot" she turned, glancing back at him "I'm all yours tomorrow...unless...you can catch me" With speed Samantha took off, running back through the fields and into the stables.

"bye Bill!" She waved quickly, dashing passed the stunned old man. In no time Samantha was out the door, running top speed down the pavement, the wind in her hair and a smile on her face.

Ezra just smiled at her words. "Yeah."

He watched her moved away and leaned onto his toes. When she took off, so did he, but vaulting the fence and edging the barn.

He burst onto the street ahead of her and easily scooped her into his arms. "Did you really just challenge me to a race?....that gives me an idea. There is an indoor go kart track about a mile that way. What say we go try it out."

He set her down but kept a grip on her side eyeing her suspiciously. "And maybe if i said i had business for the farm in Arkansas. Then i could bring a car or truck. No way im sitting on the bike with her."

Samantha screamed when Ezra scooped her into his arms. Not a scream of fear but rather great excitement. "You cheater!" Samantha had not expected Ezra to jump out ahead of her so suddenly. She dusted herself off, a small smile on her face.

"I guess we can do that" Samantha mumbled m, eyeing Ezra's hand on her waist. Biting her lip lightly Samantha gave him a nervous smile "You can do whatever your want" Her eyes met his.

He squeezed her gently and smiled walking on. "That's a very vague permission. What do you mean exactly?"

He squeezed again, this time unconsciously, and smiled at the feeling of her body against his and in his hand. It felt so right. He bit the far corner of his lip momentarily his eyes dancing. She looked so amazing in this dress, and she was so much the girl he had almost fallen for when they were little, but also this new woman with wisdom, kindness, and experience that made her both slightly damaged, but so very strong at her core. He wanted her. Yes sexually, but far more importantly to have her period.

"Don't go thinking anything weird Willowfoot..." Her eyes narrowed in mock reproach. "I simply mean't that you can do whatever you wanted when it came to Tiffany. Bring her on your bike or in your spaceship, I don't care." Samantha felt the boy's hand grip her side as they walked along the wide pavement. Cars driving serenely beside them, the light winds inspiring the tall trees to sway in the wind. Their branches dancing to silent music, the fallen leaves joining the tree in the dance to the rhythm of the wind. Samantha Beckett's blonde hair also joined in on the fun, the long loose wavy locks whirling in the air. Samantha glanced up at Ezra, a chuckle erupting from her throat. That chuckle turning into giggles, and soon full blown laughter.

Samantha stepped away from the boy, covering her mouth as she laughed uncontrollably. His hair also danced in the wind, the shoulder length straight dark strands, gusting around Ezra's face."You look like Aladdin" She mused.

Samantha removed the scrunchie that had been holding her locks captive in a messy bun. The blonde hair cascading down, stopping at the small of Samantha's back. She approached Ezra cautiously, observing his body language. "I won't bite..." She mumbled. On the tips of her toes, Samantha Beckett trailed her fingers into Ezra's hair, pushing the flyaway strands to the back gently. Fastening the dark locks with her hair band.

Samantha stood back, eyes intently scrutinizing. "There...that's better" Her own hair, much longer than Ezra's blowing wildly in the wind. Adding mystery and innocence to her features, like that of a goddess. "Why don't you cut it?" Samantha inquired. turning her back to continue on there journey. "When I was working on the rez, I saw many boys with nice haircuts, looked really good. Some had long hair, longer than yours as well. Is it like some kind of rule?" Samantha Beckett felt as though Ezra's hair represented his loyalty to his people. At least that's what she thought, and the ones that chose to wear modern hair, they were disobeying their tribe. After all the dark long hair had been a stereotype of all people when it came to Native Americans. Dark skin, long dark hair and loin cloths. Savages that were barely even human.

He chuckled as well, and felt a loss when she drew away.

Then held his breath as she drew closer. He even crouched for her slightly to let her fix his hair. No one other than his mother had ever touched his hair. Even his sisters didn't dare. And this was the girl he had once been mad at for touching his leg.

He smiled studying her face and eyes as she worked, then taking more of her in as she stepped back. He ran a hand back to loosen the grip a bit but otherwise it was perfect. He shrugged. "I dunno. I just like it. Feels great on the bike too. It doesn't look bad does it?"

Him? Care about his appearance? What the hell? He barely even recalled he had hair. It was just there. But suddenly he was worried. Because of her? Damnit yes. Oh he was in big trouble. He was falling for Samantha Beckett.

His eyes told none of his inner wars though. They were coldly unreadable as ever, yet somehow also soft and open with her. Not inviting her into his secrets, yet still inviting her somehow. His whole being was open to her, in ways Colin never had been.

He clearly enjoyed the look and feel of her body, but he didn't ogle her or grip her flesh. He didn't undress her with his eyes, and he was never caught staring at her chest, legs, butt, or anywhere except her eyes. His eye contact was unshakable, and likely a touch disconcerting, but so open, so sincere it was hard to find fault with it. And when he did touch her he was always careful to be gentle, treating her skin like silk, and her body and form like fine china. Yet this also he did without the clear care of a boy trying not to break something, but instead that of a man savoring the exquisite moment. His touches were light, not weak.

Samantha shook her head with a small smile. No one would think Ezra Willowfoot would care about his hair, much less ask someone like her. A white girl who mean't nothing to him.

"It looks good." Samanthae glanced at the boy "You have no idea how many girls love it back home. It's basically your trademark, not too long or not too short" she grinned "Ezra Willowfoot, the Native hottie" Samantha laughed "Not my words" she raised her hands in surrender.

The go kart building came into view and Samantha audibly groaned. Somewhat terrified at the fact that she was about to drive something that had been for kids. "I can't believe i agreed to this" She opened the door, entering the building. The huge track in front of them, an administrative desk on the right.

Ezra got them in quickly, right to the go karts. And Samantha learned something right then.

There were go karts for kids. tiny little things that Ezra literally could pick up with one hand, as he had to to get to the adult karts. These things were monstrous. And fast.

The attendant helped her into her's made sure she was strapped in tight and her helmet was on firmly, then started it up. the whole machine rumbled with surprising power.

Ezra handled himself, though he let the attendant check everything before starting the kart, then he pressed on the gas and flashed by Samantha, spun hard top face her and grinned. "Whatcha waiting for? We guna race or not?"

He whipped the kart back around and went to the finish line while several other adults joined the queue, talking trash, and wondering how Ezra had done that with the cart.

The attendant came back to Samantha to double check her, and to check the track and smirked. "You should know you actually got the fastest adult kart we have. Go smoke your boyfriend honey." She laughed and walked on leaving the trak and closing off the kart lane.

Ezra looked back at Samantha and winked, daring her once again.

Samantha rolled her eyes at Ezra's behaviour. A little shocked at how playful he seemed. A big smile plastered on his dark face, the boy she knew coming to the surface of the macho man Ezra Willowfoot was becoming.

As Samantha's foot was about to put the pedal to the metal, the attendant came around. Double checking Samantha's kart, making certain the girl was properly fastened and everything was well.

"You should know you actually got the fastest adult kart we have. Go smoke your boyfriend honey." She laughed and walked on leaving the trak and closing off the kart lane. Before Samantha Beckett could correct the woman's assumption, it was too late. The attendant left and Samantha had been along on the track. Her hands gripped the steering wheel.of the kart as she watched Ezra Willowfoot glide around the track with precision. He's is not and will never be my boyfriend, she thought.

Samantha placed her right on the gas, pressing it gently at first then with more force as her go kart dashed forward. A smile automatically made its way to her face. "Smoke him..." She grinned, turning a sharp corner, crashing head first into the tires that surrounded the track "Ugh!" Samantha groaned, trying desperately to get herself back on course. "I hate you!" She yelled, sticking her pink tongue out at the Indian boy.

Ezra just smiled and waved, still waiting at the track for her.

The reverse gear was easy to find, though another attendant tried to touch Samantha a bit much a when he 'helped' her. Ezra rolled his eyes and made a note of the boy but said nothing, not wanting to embarrass Samantha.

Still the attendant did get her to the line, then fled. The lights activated, then began to count off. the first attendant blew a whistle. "Stay in the vehicles at all times. The race is seven laps. Pay attention to the flags and all commands."

The greens flashed and a buzzer sounded and Ezra took off tearing down the track.

Samantha hit the gas hard, sending her go kart flying down the track. Quickly learning that driving and racing were two very different things. Her go kart fast and agile, but only under her command. It was unlike the steady and safe driving she did on the real roads of Wilmington. Her foot mashed the brake, mouth opening as she screamed and turned the corner at the same time. The go kart drifting skillfully, almost touching the sides.

Loud roaring of the go kart engines filled large arena, Samantha's heart beating a mile a minute as, roaring inside her chest like the machine she drove. Especially as she neared Ezra, her right foot pushing the pedal harder, urging the kart to its full potential.

"Your ass is grass!" Samantha shouted as her kart came up beside Ezra's. Both very close to the finish line, only on their first lap. Samantha floored it. Her kart dashing over the finish line a second before Ezra. She felt accomplished, slowing herself down to turn, only to crash against the side.

"Just my luck..." Like the attendant he shown her, Samantha hit the reverse gear. Cursing as Ezra passed her. Soon getting back on track, struggling to catch up with him.

Ezra knew he didn't have the speed to match her in the straightaways, but he could corner much better than she could, mostly due to his weight, but as he did so after her second crash, another kart smashed into her and knocked free of the wall right into Ezra's path.

Ezra heard it and winced but did not turn, focusing on his turn. He braked and cut the wheel seeming to glide around the corners, then speeding up into the next before striking the straightaway and tearing off opening his lead. His weight did prove a problem here as his kart just did not have the speed and power to truly distance everyone else.

At the moment they were trapped behind Samantha on the curves, though many of the others had crashed, and a few were bashing at each other.

"Come on" Samantha Beckett groaned. After a few tries, finally getting her kart back on track. Her mind reeled as she tried many different attempts when taking corners. Finally Samantha caught on, coming into the turns without crashing. She gained on Ezra and quickly passed him a big grin plastered on her pretty face.

Both teenagers went at it, on par with each other. Samantha Beckett staring at Ezra Willowfoot's kart and other times Ezra staring at Samantha's. The last lap neared, and Samantha had not noticed. To her it had all been fun, practically losing herself in the excitement of racing Ezra. She floored the kart, showing it's full speed.

Ezra howled in frustration as she drew away from him and crossed the line several full lengths ahead of him. He began to laugh following her and nudged her at a corner nudging her into the wall.

He then leapt free knowing the others had stopped far behind them, rushed to her kart and pulled her fre into a hug. "Well done!"

he set her down and laughed. "I can't believe you crushed me. mean little thing you."

Victory was sweet, especially for Samantha Beckett. Crossing the finish line several kart lengths ahead of Ezra Willowfoot had been the highlight of her day. Knowing that she bested the macho native in a race of karts, gave Samantha an unexplainable rush. The feeling of simply knowing that she had been terrible at the beginning but overcame in the end.

When Ezra Willow foot leapt from his kart, pulling her into a hug just as she exited hers, made the young girl squeal. A humble smile graced her fair face, however her words after betraying the gracefulness she had been trying to achieve. "I crushed you many times when we're kids" Samantha knew.for herself it had not been because of her own ability. But because as kids Ezra would sometimes let her win. To the dismay of his angered cousins. "Like old times...this time I did it on my own" The blonde haired beauty stuck her tongue out in jest.

Samantha Beckett wrapped her arms around Ezra's body, engulfing into a hug. "Thank you..." She whispered. Samantha drew back, glancing at Ezra Willowfoot's trademark deep ocean blue eyes "For the first time in a long time I'm genuinely happy. I don't know why you're being so nice....but thanks" she stuck her index finger out. Poking his tanned nose. "Excitement aside I think we should head home, if you're gonna have me.skip and be a delinquent I need to be rested"

He laughed and nodded.

He did stop and make her try some food from a cart that was simply fantastic, but then he delivered her home as promised, where she found several packages, all items she had shown interest in at the mall. Ezra smiled sweetly. "And no you can't return them because they have been opened and i have the receipts anyway."

He winked at Jason, knowing this little trick would both delight and irritate the gorgeous blonde. It also hid that he had also purchased a full basket of horse supplies and some riding jeans and boots. As a joke he had also gotten her some English riding boots, though these were clearly not intended for actual riding as they were thigh highs.

He left her and her uncle, who had been surprised with several books and things that Ezra had learned from Marcia Beckett that the bachelor enjoyed.

The next morning Ezra waited in place, able to spy on the apartment but entirely out of sight from it and her school. He was in two pairs of pants, and had his thickest hoody on under his cut. The sun was already shining bright, and the wind wasn't as brisk today, but it would still be very chill on the ride without proper clothing. He had included this clothing in his delivered purchased to her room the night before.

Later that night after Jason Beckett joined his young niece on the sofa while she stared at the television, engaged in whatever teen sitcom that was on. Jason observed Ezra Willowfoot with his niece when they both returned from their walk. The packages arriving at the man's apartment were a mystery and a shocker. His assumptions about the their relationship between them multiplied. Jason Beckett felt stupid and rather naive for believing his Ezra simply wanted to be friends with a girl like Samantha.

"Whatcha watchin?"

Samantha scooted around, making room for her uncle "Living in LA" she replied. "About a girl's life, her friends and their journey into Hollywood"

Jason frowned "Trash.."

Samantha grabbed a cushion, hitting Jason playfully. The man chuckled lightly then cleared his throat. A serious question weighing heavily on his tongue

"Sammy..." he began "Did you have fun today?"

Samantha smiled, remembering her stroll in the mall, the surprise of the horses and invitation to visit whenever she liked- but most of all her victory over the macho and confident eldest Willowfoot.

"It was awesome"

Jason nodded "And...you're friends?"

"Something like that" Samantha shrugged

"So there's more?" Jason Beckett raised a curious brow

"Ew! No!" Samantha wiggled her nose in disgust " He's a Willowfoot- "

"You make it sound like that explains everything"

"Its does!" Samantha eyed her uncle cautiously "We're just friends. Always will be." Ezra isn't you, she thought.

Jason narrowed his eyes in thought, studying His niece carefully. A small sigh escaped his lips, giving up on the pursuit "Alright then..." Jason patted Samantha's head, leaving the young girl to her mindless television.

In the chilly morning Samantha stepped from her uncle's apartment in warm apparel. Her eyes scanned the area as she walked, searching for the long dark haired boy who seemed to enjoy her company. When she spotted the hoodie and black leather cut, Samantha smiled slightly. Blonde hair tied into a pony, a denim jacket with a pink hoodie underneath and a black pants, with tall thick boots.

"Hey you" She whispered, flashing Ezra the peace sign.

He grinned and dropped his own, then tossed her a helmet.

Once she had it on he helped her get situated behind him, showing her where to put her feet as they rode, how to hold him, how to follow his movements so she wouldn't throw off the balance.

He was careful and thorough but it didn't take very long. He started her up, turned, and in minutes they were roaring down the highway.The engine rumbled so hard and loud that they could hear little from the outside of their place atop it, save the music he had blaring. His hair was tied back, to keep it out of her face.

Because of the style of bike the backseat actually rose up so she could see over his shoulder, and lean against the reinforced sissy bar in the back. It was a bike for long trips and comfort, not the stylized choppers everyone associated with bikers. The seat was comfortable and guarded her legs and his rather well, and with him before her she was protected from the wind quite well, and their pressure together was keeping them both quite warm.

WHich was good because he was blasting along at ninety miles an hour. The wind roared past them, and the road was bare inches from their toes, yet the bike seemed like riding an angel. It was utter freedom. Utter joy. They were the untouchable king and queen of all they surveyed.

They even passed state trooper who just waved as they went by.

Ezra whooped and pressed back against her and called back, "This is why we ride!"

For the rest of the week he got her onto the bike every chance he got. And he didn't make a pass at her. He sensed more than anything that he was pushing a limit somewhere. And besides her arms around him and her body so close to his own felt so good.

It was with genuine sorrow that he bid her farewell at the end of the week. "So...when should i visit next?"

The blonde shrugged her shoulders, unable to answer him. Not exactly knowing what her response should sound like. Samantha stuck her hands inside the pockets of the coat Ezra bought her, shielding them from the harsh winds. "Not on school days" she teased "Or I won't graduate from high school anytime soon" somehow the young girl still found it surreal that she had skipped school to go soaring on the open road with Ezra. Gripping him tightly as they swayed with the rhythm of his bike, the thunderous engine roaring beneath them. A feeling unlike any, an addiction.

Her eyes flickered to the deep blue, a smile playing at the corners of her mouth. "Weekends are good..." Samantha rose a perfectly sculpted brow "But you have no legitimate reason to come to Arkansas. What would your grandfather and dad think?" She questioned. Studying the Indian teen carefully, knowing it was more than just them involved. They both needed to be careful of the people they called family who resided in Wilmington.

He smiled back. "But I do. I invested in a friend's business here. It will require my visit whenever possible. So you know it really does exist. He builds custom motorcycles and customizes others. I can work on the engines and take mine apart and put it back together but he's guna teach me how to build one from scratch."

He grinned. "So how about this. I come up whenever I don't have a game or other needs at home. I stay with my friend, work on bikes. Before I come I'll call to let you know. if you are free I shall be here and at your disposal when you wish it. If you cannot I will come anyway and just work the bikes. That will serve as the reason, give me an alibi in your parent's eyes, and soothe your uncle. Of course when i bring Tiffany i will have to take her by the shop, let her spread the word of what I am up to if asked. Wouldn't be wise to ask her to lie. gossip comes too easily to the lips."

He held out his hands in a what do you think gesture.

Samantha waved her hand as if brushing off Ezra's words. "You don't need an alibi for my parents. Unlike the you guys,we don't stalk the Willowfoots. I've always found that really annoying to be honest. My dad says even when he was a kid, y'all always seemed to know what they where they were." Samantha eyed Ezra "What's the deal with that?" The blonde had been certain none of the Beckett's knew of Ezra's visit to Arkansas or the fact that he invested in a friend's business. The Beckett household did not care what Willowfoot's did in their spare time, as long as it never involved Beckett land, people or money.

Samantha pursed her lip in thought "If my dad happens to somehow find out you're here. He won't bat an eye, I'm with my uncle Jason you see." However Henry Beckett was a kettle of fish.

"Tiffany wouldn't tell but I get it. Too risky letting her in....I never told her about Colin" she whispered. Her eyes dropping the floor, the awful memories flooding her mind. Samantha shook her head slightly, fighting the negativity away. A small smile appeared on her once somber face, willing herself to forgive but never forget.

Ezra shrugged. "We have always found it in our best interest to know what white people around us are up to. And those in power. Your family has always been both."

He did not mention that he himself knew to the smallest punctuation every current piece of legislation dealing with Native affairs, knew the names of every state and federal representative and senator that had or could have any issue with any Natives, and also the addresses of each one that represented the districts that fell over Willowfoot land. What white people forgot was that they had never truly surprised the Natives with their actions, there had just been too many of them, too many guns, and far too few of the Natives to make any defense or action worthwhile. The only thing the Natives had had was the land. They didn't mine, produce industries, or anything else that would make them an economic force, and now the casinos they did own were taxed heavily, watched closely, and present almost solely due to guilt more than anything else.

Ezra smirked. "So the real deal is that the Willowfoots will not be caught unaware. Especially by your Uncle Henry." His eyes sparked at the very thought of the man.

Seeing her face fall he gently gripped her shoulder and used his thumb to make her look up. "That was your burden to bear. Now you are still trying to learn to live with everything he did. it's your right to hold back. Though I urge you to tell her. She is your friend, and a good one. I hope i can be as well.So when shall I see you next?"

He released her shoulder, though it hurt him to do so. Every inch of her felt so good. He was truly unaware of how his arm coiled and bulged as he moved it, the tan flesh knotting and sprouting thick veins of power.

The sun began to fall beneath Arkansas sky, not disappearing but hidden from the naked eye. A shadow casted itself over the two teenagers who had been debating on their next meeting. Only a few days in each others company, for Samantha Beckett they were her best days since leaving Wilmington. Piece of her wished he stayed, despite their differences and the rocky past they shared. Their had been unspoken connection, something that made it so easy for her to be around him. Even though everything around them said otherwise, Samantha Beckett could help but think she was meant to be friend with the eldest Willowfoot. Part of the blonde briefly wondered if they were destined to be more...it would explain the difficult time they were having saying their goodbyes.

"When shall you see me next..." Samantha repeated to herself, eyes staring past Ezra, lost in her thoughts. Finally her shoulders raised, shrugging it off "Whenever you have business in Arkansas I guess" Her brown eyes travelled to Ezra Willowfoot's face "Be careful on the road" she smiled, taking a step back. Samantha saluted Ezra, turned around and crossed the road, walking back to her uncle's apartment.

Jason sat in the distance, watching the two teenagers from the comfort of his motorcycle. The man's eyes narrowed slightly when the boy's hands touched his niece, a gentle squeeze on her shoulders. This stirred an uncomfortable feeling within him. Memories that was buried, ones he'd hoped would stay that way. "Dammit..." the older man mumbled. Jason had been returning home, unaware that he would be privy to their goodbye. What am I gonna tell Sean, he thought. Jason saw right through Ezra Willowfoot and the youngest Beckett saw no issue. Secretly, he wished it upon them. If a Willowfoot would love and cherish his Samantha. Jason Beckett would gladly approve, marry her off to one in heartbeat. He saw the qualities in Ezra that only came from a good young man. Not the type to lay his hands on a woman, and that had been good enough for Jason.

A smile broke out on the man's face. A hard decision decided. The decision to keep his brother in the dark. To lie about Samantha's involvement with the Willowfoot boy. What Sean did not know would never hurt him, and if somehow Sean Beckett learned of the secret visits, the relationship between the two, whatever it may be. Jason's as prepared to take full blame, and stand up for the two young lovers to be.

A week after Ezra visited Samantha the Beckett's did. Welcomed yet unexpected, Samantha had been grateful to her uncle for helping her hide the things Ezra brought. To Samantha's relief her parents suspected nothing, and their visit occurred without fail. All of them celebrating her seventeenth birthday will smiles and laughter. Unlike the normal father and daughter relationship, Samantha and Sean's had been tense. The eldest Beckett disappointed in his eldest child, Unable to look at her or treat her the same. No longer his little princess.

Samantha felt the resentment oozing from her father, the sad and distant look in his eyes when he watched her. The heartache experienced after her family left, struk tears in Samantha's eyes. Crying herself to sleep for many nights. Fearing things would never be the same once she returned to Wilmington. The realisation shifted Samantha's mood, her demeanor lightening greatly when Tiffany appeared. The two friends spending the day together,chatting as though they were never apart.

Although Tiffany provided a good distraction from Samantha's worries. The blonde beauty still found herself wanting to spend more time with the Indian alpha. It had not been long before they began talking in the phone. Samantha never rang Ezra, not wanting anyone in his family to hear her voice on the line. Their calls started sparse, once every two weeks, once a week, once every few days until they began talking everyday. Samantha looked forward to Ezra's visits, like a child on Christmas morning.

The friendship blossomed into something Samantha never expected. Ezra Willowfoot was now someone she considered a good friend. She spoke openly to him, allowing him to know how her father's feelings changed. Sharing her hopes and insecurities.

While Samantha lived rebelliously in Arkansas. Henry had been stirring his own rebellion. Being the eldest and the one to be left out of the inheritance, meant that Henry Beckett was a bitter man. Often coercing Sean into things that would disturb the peace among Beckett's and Willowfoot's. So when the bald, grey headed man suggested that the Willowfoot's and be fined for using public roads for vending on Sunday at the Green Market, Sean agreed. Using his power as deputy to influence the town's mayor into enforcing the public property act. A law that was relaxed in order green market to become a tradition for farmers cross all three counties. Now all vendors paid to sell, this caused tension among those loyal to Beckett's and those loyal to Willowfoot's. The fights began, Indians defacing Beckett property. Accusing the Beckett's of tainting the river water that passed directly through Willowfoot land. Another one of Henry's schemes, his idea of spoiling their crops and killing their fertile land.

The rise in drunken fights and accusations hurled the Beckett's made Sean Beckett refuse to let Marcia see Fauna or her children. Sean the assumption that Thomas had been causing all the problems. Pointing fingers at the Beckett's to stir trouble. Sean's belief that Thomas was in search of revenge for being fined to sell his crops on mains street like his family did for generations.

Back
Top Bottom