Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

How much would you pay?

I myself don't buy artwork. So I can't really estimate a value on those. But what I can tell you is that you should never go less than the cost of materials multiplied by 1.5. Usually you also want to add the estimated value of your time/effort. But if you're just trying to get rid of a few old pieces, I wouldn't worry about adding time/effort value into it.

Ignis Gehenallis said:
I myself don't buy artwork. So I can't really estimate a value on those. But what I can tell you is that you should never go less than the cost of materials multiplied by 1.5. Usually you also want to add the estimated value of your time/effort. But if you're just trying to get rid of a few old pieces, I wouldn't worry about adding time/effort value into it.

Lol thank you for that but the pieces i am trying to sell were all made during high school art class(those posted in the post above). So "cost of materials" was 0 for me and I don't think it counts to add in that equation, "free supplies paid by government/public school x 1.5". Thank you for the advice though. :)

I've found that if it's pencil or colored pencil, it should go for dirt cheap. If you use any other medium: Pen & Ink, paints (of any kind) or charcoals and pastels, then the price goes up. Also, the more intricate the piece, and if it has commercial value, the higher the price.
Example: $55 for medium-sized, intricacy(long time effort) and quality paper.

stipplefarm_zps8a2f4c0e.jpg

$25 for pastels and expensive paper:

bluedragon_zpsd0e25aff.jpg~320x480

$150 advertisement for half page ad:

heidi_ad_c_by_iamdogged-d7o28i9.jpg

$5 or negotiable because it's just pencil and paper:

hoverbw_by_iamdogged-d76x9sn.jpg

Or if you're just trying to unload them, make a group discount to take all of them.

Back
Top Bottom