Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Maybe my RP manners are crap, I'm new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Temptationist said:
Trygon said:
It's meant to be exclusive. People that don't value their account enough to do the dance get weeded out. That fosters a certain kind of community.

And, to hear certain circles tell it, we ban everyone we dislike around here, too. Hai gaiz~ I'm loving that bitching about us is the most active thread you've EVER had in your GD~

I wouldn't consider any of this bitching... :huh:

I've just expressed my personal opinion about the experience I had on Elliquiy.
I get that it's supposed to be exclusive, but I don't think that doing the dance equals valuing the account. I don't think I value my account any less than the next person just because I think the application process is unnecessary. To me, the process is wasted effort. I don't think a writer is of any better quality or value just because he or she took the time to follow all the rules and partake in the necessary steps.

I personally dislike it because it's time consuming, and I'm already pressed for time as it is. Currently, I've thoroughly enjoyed the partners I've found on BMR, too, so I haven't had that grave of a need to go through the jib jab of Elliquiy.

Again, this is just my preference though. I can definitely see the appeal of an exclusive forum and having to get initiated into the community. However, it's not a taste I can see myself acquiring (at least not right now).
I was referring to another site, mentioned prior in this thread, that has a General Discussion topic for no purpose other then to complain about how awful everyone here is.

This topic is the largest topic their GD has ever held. It's all rather telling, and incredibly hilarious to me.

As far as E goes, you're kind of missing the point. The account is valuable because it takes time and work to get. It has nothing to do with writing skill or anything else, not really. It just makes people toe the line a bit more. Similar strategies are in place at the Something Awful forums ($10 to register) and NeoGAF (Paid email required). They're small hurdles, but just enough to make people A) Actually fear banning, and B) Stay gone when they are banned. You don't like that system, and that's fine. That's the system working as intended by driving you off. That's also why BMR is here - So that people that don't like E still have a place to go where they can RP and enjoy the luxuries of Vek's stewardship.

Trygon said:
Temptationist said:
Trygon said:
It's meant to be exclusive. People that don't value their account enough to do the dance get weeded out. That fosters a certain kind of community.

And, to hear certain circles tell it, we ban everyone we dislike around here, too. Hai gaiz~ I'm loving that bitching about us is the most active thread you've EVER had in your GD~

I wouldn't consider any of this bitching... :huh:

I've just expressed my personal opinion about the experience I had on Elliquiy.
I get that it's supposed to be exclusive, but I don't think that doing the dance equals valuing the account. I don't think I value my account any less than the next person just because I think the application process is unnecessary. To me, the process is wasted effort. I don't think a writer is of any better quality or value just because he or she took the time to follow all the rules and partake in the necessary steps.

I personally dislike it because it's time consuming, and I'm already pressed for time as it is. Currently, I've thoroughly enjoyed the partners I've found on BMR, too, so I haven't had that grave of a need to go through the jib jab of Elliquiy.

Again, this is just my preference though. I can definitely see the appeal of an exclusive forum and having to get initiated into the community. However, it's not a taste I can see myself acquiring (at least not right now).
I was referring to another site, mentioned prior in this thread, that has a General Discussion topic for no purpose other then to complain about how awful everyone here is.

This topic is the largest topic their GD has ever held. It's all rather telling, and incredibly hilarious to me.

As far as E goes, you're kind of missing the point. The account is valuable because it takes time and work to get. It has nothing to do with writing skill or anything else, not really. It just makes people toe the line a bit more. Similar strategies are in place at the Something Awful forums ($10 to register) and NeoGAF (Paid email required). They're small hurdles, but just enough to make people A) Actually fear banning, and B) Stay gone when they are banned. You don't like that system, and that's fine. That's the system working as intended by driving you off. That's also why BMR is here - So that people that don't like E still have a place to go where they can RP and enjoy the luxuries of Vek's stewardship.

Ahhhhhhh, I see. I misunderstood that, clearly.

Regarding Elliquiy, I realize it's about valuing the account once you do finally get approved. You worked quote-one-quote "hard" for the account so you are inclined to be more respectful and follow the rules and regulations of the site. Absolutely, I agree. It does indeed serve its purpose of driving out people. It drove me away! :D And I 100% admit that it was out of pure laziness, in my case. And also I didn't like the environment. However I would value an account just as much without the whole process as with. I have never disrespected any of the rules on BMR or any members. And that didn't require a membership initiation, either. I guess I just believe in being a decent human being and member! Haha! But yes, it is effective.

Right, but do you really think everyone who's ever gonna visit the site has your viewpoint or good temper? Rules are there to curtail the worst behavior.

We simply allow (and sometimes endorse) somewhat worse behavior around these parts~

People banned form E complain on BMR.
People banned from BMR complain on House Eros.
So it goes...

(with apologies to Kurt Vonnegut)

Trygon said:
Right, but do you really think everyone who's ever gonna visit the site has your viewpoint or good temper? Rules are there to curtail the worst behavior.

We simply allow (and sometimes endorse) somewhat worse behavior around these parts~

No, that's exactly why I said it is effective.

Lurker said:
People banned form E complain on BMR.
People banned from BMR complain on House Eros.
So it goes...

(with apologies to Kurt Vonnegut)

I've never heard of House of Eros!
*Googles*

Honestly, it's a waste of energy to complain about this and that. First off, no place is perfect and all such behavior does is keep negativity alive. I'd rather have fun and RP myself. XD Let people RP where they want. Everyone should have their corner wherever that might be. That's my deal. : )

Derailing a thread with rude, passive aggressive stuff like:

"Hai gaiz~ I'm loving that bitching about us is the most active thread you've EVER had in your GD~"
"It's all rather telling, and incredibly hilarious to me. As far as E goes, you're kind of missing the point."
"That's the system working as intended by driving you off. That's also why BMR is here - So that people that don't like E still have a place to go where they can RP and enjoy the luxuries of Vek's stewardship."
"We simply allow (and sometimes endorse) somewhat worse behavior around these parts~ "

Ain't exactly a good advertisement for your own forum's culture. To say nothing of the ~ gratuitous tildes ~

Well, I think the point of this thread has past its prime. Points have been made and then some. So, closing shop with a curtsy. Thanks to all who shared something. : )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom