Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Always a thief(lady/moon)

“We’ll have to see. I would like to know how to help, beyond wrapping him in enough steel to drown a small boat.”Sith snickered a little before sighing softly. Knowing that maybe, they saw them. But unlikely, no one was that lucky. If they had seen their attacker, they would have had some warning. This attack had nothing that said they were prepared.

“....But...We can work tonight.”Alex said looking ready to set his heels down. “In the morning. I’m not going to let you work tonight. “Sith said setting his heels down, and having centuries longer to be stubborn. “she’s what?”alex sputtered eyes widening a little. Before staring at the two. “Dreams. For years. I assume your brother has to?” “I....maybe?”Alex said, not wanting to admit it before frowning. “....then that’s how these two were attacked. They had no warning. Someone knows to be guarding against the wild and loki.”Alex sighed a little. “I will. Don’t worry. Just go to the twilight, we’ll make sure the guests are well looked after.”Sith said, having accepted them as guests, it meant that Sith and cernunnos would follow the old rules of guesthood, defending them as long as tehy were here, in the faerie that belonged to the hunt, against everyone. Even the queen if it came to that. Because he knew that for these two, Mab might consider declaring outright war.

"I don't think there is any other way." Gabe admitted. "it's the only way to cut the connection right?" he asked, his head tilted. "but there are ways to make him feel better while he's kike this i think. Loki usually helps. and i know having plants around does too." he admitted. "that's about the extent of my knowledge and that's because he told me himself." Gabe admitted with a shrug. "We can't work tonight." Gabe said firmly, glancing at Alex sternly. "you will sleep or i will make you sleep." and he could too. "It's hard to be sure, James is fairly secretive and he and his brother had a bit of a falling out, they haven't spoken in years so if he was having dreams, we probobly don't know it." Gabe said, lying straight to Cat Sith's face, without actually lying at all. all the information was true, even the not knowing. if he hadn't come across the picture, neither he nor Gabe would have known who James was dreaming about. in Gabe's case he wouldn't have known James was dreaming at all. all truth, Demons where experts at it, so where the Fey. he was running a risk in getting caught, but it wasn't like anything would happen if he did get caught, Sith would probobly think it amusing... probobly....

"Thank you for your hospitality my Lord, we will endeavor to be gracious guests." Gab said, using what little he knew of court politeness. he wasn't even sure it was the right words for this court but he'd tried and that was what mattered. well, unless it was Mab, she'd gut you for the slight. thank goodness they had no intentions at all of ever, ever going to the Winter Court. he was terrified that she might discover they where there because he had a feeling Cernunnos would start a war with her to protect, if not both boys, then at the very least James. War with the Winter Queen was the last thing they could afford, mostly because they had no chance against her. none.

“There isn’t, but I keep hoping there might be a gentler way of doing it.”Sith said shaking his head a little before nodding. “Plants do help. We’ve moved some in. Hopefully loki and plants will help the most.”Sith sighed softly. “....Fine. Okay. Rest.”Alex said sighing a little, rubbing a hand over his face. Not about to admit to the guilt that ate him alive, because he knew Gabe would smack him around for even thinking about it. “Ah. Well then. It’s not that important I guess.”Sith said looking amused, as if he suspected the lie, but wasn’t worried enough about it to actually pursue it. Smiling as he led them through the castle to the guest rooms, tilting his head. “you are very welcome. And I’m sure you will be good guests.”Sith said looking amused as he opened the door. “Though, you do not have to stand of court formal here. At least not in the wild. We’re a fairly prickly bunch, court manners are just to civilized.”Sith said smiling. “Well. Thank you lord Sith. Goodnight.”Alex said stifling a yawn as she smiled at him.

"We'll have to ask Lord Cernunnos. if anyone knows, it's him." Gabe admitted. "Yes. rest." Gabe agreed, shaking his head a little. "stop it." he ordered Alex, well aware of what the other was doing. he was blaming himself, the little shit. he smiled at Sith, half suspecting he'd been caught in the lie but Sith didn't mention it so that was okay, Gabe sure as hell wasn't about to shoot himself in the knee. "ah, well. some people get very hung up on the court manners, i thought it better to do things proper than offer insult." Gabe admitted to Sith. "i wasn't very aware the last time i was here after all." he admitted. "thank you." Gabe said, smiling at him. "i know catching James must have been a pain, we really do appreciate it." he admitted bowing to the man before heading in to Alex, stripping him down and settling him into the bed, giving him a foot and back massage because he needed to touch his lover. it was so silly a fear, but part of him was terrified that Alex would leave him once he learned he was royalty.

“Stop what?”Alex muttered twitching a little, making a face. “...Yes. Some do, here we don’t. But for dealing with most fae, it is always better to ere on the side of caution.”Sith agreed smiling a little as he nodded. “You are welcome. And it was. Though it has been a long time since we were such challenged to do things. Such moments are to be treasured.”Which was to say yes, it had been a huge pain in the ass, but it was okay. Sith smiled a little as he left. “...You’re being weird.”alex muttered as he relaxed under the other’s hands, already half asleep, blinking slowly as he shifted to lay on his side, looking down at gabe, reaching out to gently stroke his hair. Worried about them all, he had a feeling this was going to be messy. And he was so scared, more scared then he'd ever admit

"Stop blaming yourself for everything. it annoys me." he stated sternly. "That's very true." he agreed with Sith. he knew all too well what an insulted Fey could do. oh yes indeed. "so in other words, he was winning." Gabe asked, looking very amused. "he was a true challenge, like trying to hunt the black fox." at least they had prevailed in the end. he knew a Fey as old as Cernunnos didn't get many exciting challenges. he imagined Cernunnos and James would have a ton of fun trying to piss with each others Wild Powers if they ever got the chance. "i'm sorry... being here makes me remember things i should rather no remember." he admitted before smiling at his lover. "promise you will never leave me?"

“...Fine.”Alex sulked a little, frowning at him. Not protesting, not when he knew it would just upset Gabe. “...Not in so many words, mayhap.”Sith said looking equally amused before snorting. “Usually it’s a black cat, but yes, much like that hunt.”Sith said with a wicked little smirk, as he left. “They’re gonna have so much fun together...”Alex muttered looking amused as he laid on his side, watching gabe. “Ah. Okay.”He said looking worried about the other, running a hand through his hair. “I’m not going anywhere. You know that. I wouldn’t have ever married you if I was.”He muttered reminding the other as he gently tugged on the strands of hair in his hand.

"Thats right 'fine'." Gabe growled at him, being snarky because it amused him and he hoped it might Alex smile. "oh of course, not in so many words." Gabe agreed with a chuckle. "they are going to have fun. i don't wonder sometimes if James is a Child of one of the Fey Lords here." Gabe admitted, or at least, he had used to wonder. until now, when he knew who they where for himself. this was going to be such a mess. a very bloody one too if they weren't careful. "I know... i'm sorry... just... this place makes me..." he shook his head and smiled at his lover. "i'll tell you in the morning. we're both exhausted." he admitted. "go to sleep. we shouldn't talk about things like this before bed." he admitted, cuddling his lover, his husband, though they hadn't gotten married in a church. they had done something much deeper, exchanging rings and vows under a full moon light. bound in marriage not by paper, but by their very souls.

“Whatever you say, Gabe.”Alex said rolling his eyes a little looking amused, the guilt sliding away for the moment. “Hm, that would mean I was to, and I don’t think I fit in here. Nature sorta makes me twitchy.”He pointed out. Because while being in the woods and nature made him relax more then the city did, he preferred indoor nature, plants and things that he could tame, not the wild insaneness that was woods. Despite his house being in the country, he usually hired someone, or let Gabe handle the gardens, since he totally failed at the whole nature thing. Sighing softly as he watched gabe he nodded. “I know...it’s okay.”He muttered yawning as he shifted, cuddling against him. “We are....and kay. No more talk.”He muttered smiling softly as they settled in to sleep.

When Gabe woke though alex wasn’t in his arms or cuddled close like he normally was. He had crawled down at gabe’s feet, as if he was kid hiding from the big bad monster. Which he was. Something had scared him badly in his dreams, and he wasn’t quite ready to face it yet.

"That's not necessarily true. it could be that one of your parents, instead of being human, was something else. there are a lot of beings out there. he could have followed one parents path while you followed the other." he admitted. "genetics gets... funny, when the Fey are involved i've found." he admitted. "you could easily take after a Unseelie or a Seelie side while James takes after the Wild Hunt." he shrugged. "it's entirely possible, and is in fact very probable." he admitted. though he new the truth he was still quite hopeful that it wasn't so. there was a chance and he was going to cling to that hope. Gabe frowned when he woke and looked around for his lover before he smiled a little as he realized the other was at his feet. that was cute, and worrying too. "Alex, love." he said, crawling under the blankets and settling himself around the other. "wake up hun. your okay." he promised, stroking Alex's hair to help him stay calm while he woke.

Alex whined a little as he pressed his face against the other’s calf, protesting the fact that the other was moving, sighing softly as he blinked slowly, shifting to snuggle closer to the other. Resting his head against the other’s chest. “Gabe?You okay?”he muttered turning his head to look at the other, calmer now. Not really worried, but still needing to ask.

James twisted in his bed, a scowl marring his face as he struggled against the heaviness of his sleep. he was dreaming and he knew it because it was the only time he ever saw the woman, the woman from his dreams. her hair was long and as soft as silk and was swept away in a breeze that he couldn't feel. her hair was a soft blue, not light, but soft. it seamed impossible to describe it from having only seen it in dreams and it seamed to change shades every time he looked at it. from being asleep he imagined. she had large blue eyes that shone wet with unshod tears, making it hard to tell they're exact color. where they darker than her hair? lighter? it seamed important for some reason he wasn't sure of. she was long and lean, like a wild cat about to pounce or a swan gliding perfectly through water. she was as pale as a winters night, as he had once read in a story. the description had never fit someone better, she was pale and crystalline, like preserved snow or like the delicate white rose. perfect and untouchable and unmarred. even within the fey he had ever met, he had never seen something so pure, perfect, beautiful and ethereal. in his dream he could see her lips moving, he could see her struggling but he couldn't see the words she was trying to say, he couldn't hear her. he struggled, he could feel himself pressing against something heavy and thick. The Wild. it wanted him, it was pressing against him, pinning him down and keeping him. holding him. trapping him. it wanted him and it would not let go, but the girl. she needed him the woman was in trouble, he could feel her pin, her terror, the feeling of betrayal swarming inside of him and with a snap he woke with a roar, tearing off the Cold Iron without thinking about it, ignoring the way Cernunnos was trying to fling it back on him, his power rising up and slamming into the Lord of the Hunt, sending him flying back into the wall hard enough he slumped, the air knocked out of him. James was moving out of the room before anyone else could stop him, but instead of heading for the woods, he went straight for Alex and flung the door open.

Gabe smiled at him a little. "i'm fine. are you alright? you haven't crawled down to my feet in a good long while. did you have a nightmare?" he asked nervously before gasping when the door was slung open and James was there, babbling. he hadn't regained his tongue yet so all that was coming out was an array of chirps, whistles and caws. too excited to realize he wasn't speaking human. and then he paused and stared, realizing Gabe and his brother where in the same bed. and naked. they where naked. "Alex! your naked in Gabe's bed!... no! scratch that! what the hell is Gabe doing Naked in your bed!? What the fuck is that on your fingers?!" woops. busted. "Gabe you pervert get away from my brother!" then he paused, realizing what he'd said and why Gabe didn't have sex ever and then. "huh... still dreaming..." he decided.

“Yea...think so. Can’t remember....it was dark and horrible, and I dunno...just seemed worse.....”He muttered yelping as he struggled to think over the sight of james in the room, the blanket perched on top of his head as he considered the other from his vantage point of laying on his stomach. “...Talk. James, you’re speaking bird.”Alex said sitting up slowly, carefully making sure the blanket didn’t show james anything he wouldn’t want to see. “uh....well...”he sputtered a little, ducking his head a little, blushing but not answering. Sighing as loki stumbled in after him, blinking sleepily. “What in....”He muttered. “James. You wanted to tell us something?”He asked, focusing on the work and not what his relationship with gabe was even as he used a glamour to make it look like he was dressed. That both of them were dressed actually.

James made a frustrated whistle sound when he was told he was talking in bird. didn't Alex see that this was important?! not as important as realizing his brother was naked in bed with another man though. "nope! answer my question first!" he paused. "sorry it was Loki's question wasn't it?" he asked glaring at Loki as if it was all his fault. "Ugh. shouldn't you still be in a Coma?" Gabe complained, looking amused as Jams brightened. "oh! oh yeah! the girl! the girl from my dreams! the one with moonlight hair and sapphire eyes!" James babbled. "i found her! i know where she is! she's in trouble! she told me! we have to go! now! he'll kill her if we don't hurry! he wants me to come, and he's annoyed that i'm not appearing, so i need to go, please get your asses out of bed right now!"

"Hey, don’t make that sound at me. I’m trying to understand, James.”Alex snapped as he rolled out of the bed and started dressing, shooting a look at the other before ignoring the other’s question. “...It was. And this isn’t my fault. This should be questions...”Loki whined a little. “He should be.”Alex said looking curious as he slid the shoulder holster into place and paused, looking at his brother. “You’re going to tell me where to go. And I’ll go get here. You’re not going anywhere and insane killer wants you to go. I’ll take care of her.”He said as he pulled on his boots.

James hissed at him, sounding so very much like a furious asp that Gabe actually pulled back a little, fearing James might grow fangs as Loki had once reported he had seen James do when they where children. "it is your fault! you where the one that said Gab needed to get laid!" actually that had been James. he wheeled on his brother, lips pulled back into a Snarl. "if you think you are going to leave me behind when my mate is scared, hurt and has been begging for me to help her for months you are very sorely mistaken." he hissed, his voice low and dangerous. it was a voice he hadn't used in years, power rolling of his tongue like it was a tangible thing. the last time he had done this, it was to a would be foster parent who had come to the orphanage looking for two young boys he could easily manipulate and... well, abuse. the Wild had warned James, and used him to push the pedophile away. the man went missing only hours after and he had never been heard from again. Gabe, much to the Demon's horror, was petrified of the power that was swirling around the younger man. he was a Demon, after all, the exact opposite of everything that James was and he was not strong enough to tackle this kind of power. he had pressed himself flat to the bed, trembling, as submissive and out of the way as he could get. James hesitated when he realized that and the power ebbed away, making James sway. "i'm... i'm sorry..." he mumbled, blinking when he realized his ass was on the floor and Alex, Loki and Gabe where standing over him, looking worried. he'd blanked out for just a second but he was fine!

Alex tensed, ready to move away from the other if he tried to bite him, but not moving yet. “...You did. I just agreed.”Loi growled starting to wake up more. “Yes, I am. You’re not a cop James. And you’ve already been hurt by this bastard. If I have to fight you into the ground I will.”Alex growled, his voice just as low and dangerous, tense and worried, a hand resting on Gabe’s chest, offering him a bit of a shield against the power, even as his own raised, nearly breaking his shield against what he could do. Nearly bending the iron controls he kept to keep the world safe from him. Power fading as james’ did, looking down at him worriedly. “Me to. Come on. You’re going back to bed.”Alex said holding out a hand for him to take.

James snarled at Loki, the Wild was still effecting him too much, he was acting more like an enraged animal than the sweet, rather selfish young man they all knew. he growled at Alex, flexing fingers as if wishing they where claws. "You think you could take me?!" he hissed, feeling threatened. like an Alpha wolf facing a Rival, straightening until he was as big as he could make himself, puffing himself out, trying to dominate the room. Cernunnos was wise enough to keep Sith from entering the room while he felt the magic pulsing in the room. Life and Darkness pounding against each other, pressing and pushing, waiting for one to break. neither broke, the power faded and Cernunnos waited just a moment before stepping inside to see what was going on. "no. not to bed. i have to find her Alex! she's calling for me! i have to find her!" he whispered, clinging to his brother now. begging him. "i have to help her! she's so scared! you have to take me with! she needs me!"

“Yes. Maybe.”Alex said because while he didn’t want to, he could. He could force james to stay if he had to. Swallowing thickly as he glanced at james, calmer now. Staring at the other before nodding slightly. “You’ll stay with loki and Gabe, I’ll take you with me, but you will stay with them.” “What about you?”Sith said looking worried about leaving alex without his backup, glancing at cernunnos. Trying to figure out what was going on, but willing to step in if needed. “Well. You can be my backup. We’ve already seen that loki by himself wont be enough to stop whoever this is.”

James shuddered a little because he knew Alex could force him down too. Alex had always been stronger than him, physically, mentally, emotionally and magically. James perked up at the promise he could go with and nodded frantically because he wasn't about to tangle with the kidnapper if he could help it. he'd do it if he had to, he'd do it if he needed to save her, but he wasn't about to risk his life 'showing off'. he vlued his skin way too much for that. way, way too much. "Go with them Sith." Cernunnos ordered, watching James. "his mate is in trouble." he admitted, looking at the Cat Lord. "re,e,ber what happened when my mate died? i was in much a similar state." he admitted, watching James struggling to control himself. "protect them, but be wise." which meant 'do what you can to keep them alive but if it comes down to life and death, protect yourself too.' it meant Cernunnos didn't want Sith sacrificing himself. h didn't want anyone sacrificing themselves of course but he couldn't exactly tell the others to be careful. "None of us are splitting up at all."Gabe said sternly. "this person snuck up on both James and Loki, we're not taking that risk."

“I will see her home, my lord.”Sith said nodding at cernunnos slightly. He wouldn’t sacrifice himself for just anything, but he might do it if it got them all out. He would be careful, and get them all out, when needed. “I remember. We’ll be okay.”Sith muttered looking at the other as he glanced around at them all. “Fine.”Alex said growling really, cause he really, really wanted to forbid them all from coming with him, but he couldn’t do that. Sighing softly as he headed for the door. “James, you’ll have to show us the way, brother.”Alex said gently, absently twisting his ring around his finger, not so much because he was upset, even if he was, but because he was starting to undo ever so careful wards, undoing them in preparation in doing as much harm as he could, which meant using every weapon available, even the ones he didn't like.

"good. see that you are." Cernunnos ordered. "Belladonna would be enraged where you to be harmed trying to save her." he warned, James head whipping around to stare at Cernunnos. "you know her name? the girl from my dreams?" "she is my daughter." "....oh..." should he be concerned about that? no. no he didn't need to be. much more important to rescue her. they could fuss later. "The way?" James asked, looking track of the conversation. he was tired. so tired, but his Mate needed him. she needed him and he had to go. he stood up and started leading the way, fussing when Gabe gently urged him into the car instead. a good thing because it would have taken days to walk there. as it was the drive was quite a ways too. James didn't seam to know exactly where to go, he just pointed and said 'that direction' and they'd turn off as soon as they could. "here! here! she's here!"

“Ah, yes she would.”Sith winced a little at that. Well. Okay, he’ll be careful. “Don’t worry about it yet. Later. We have to get her back.”Alex muttered smiling at the other a little, looking worried as they walked. “Yes, the way. Where are we going? I promise, as soon as we find her and we’re home, you can go to sleep.”Alex promised as they left. Napping a little as they drove. Pausing as the car stopped, staring up at the somewhat castle in front of them. While it looked abandoned, as he stepped out of the car, he could feel the magic seeping in through the soles of his boots. Shivering a little at the taint of something....not quite right rocked him a little. It was....twisted. Odd. Nothing that made sense to him. Glancing at the others he nodded, “Let’s go.”he muttered starting for the back, slowly stepping inside, careful and wary as he looked around, trusting gabe and loki to keep james running headlong into the room.

"Yah. yeah we have to get her back." James mumbled is agreement, staring at his brother. "i'm not tired. we have to find her Alex! she's so scared..." he whispered. forcing himself to stay awake during the car ride because he wasn't sure he'd still be him if he woke up later. he shuddered violently, recoiling away from the ground when he went to step out, Gabe shuddering as well. "Death Magic." Gabe mumbled. "the total absence of life. this was how he was able to hide from the Wild, and from Loki and James." he shook his head. "come here James. i'll carry you, it doesn't bother me." he promised, cradling the trembling young man in his arms like James was a baby. James was going to need all the strength he could get, Gabe had a feeling they where going to need him. he was clutching at Loki's hand, letting the god's very presence there ground him while Gabe headed up the stairs. "she's in there. i can feel her. she's in there."

“We’ll get her back.”Alex promised before sighing. Knowing the other was tired, but that they couldn’t let him sleep just yet. “Damn...”Alex whined softly, shivering as he realized just what magic was trying to crawl over his skin. No wonder if felt nasty. “Hey, you’re okay. I’m here.”Loki muttered as he followed after James and Gabe, staying close. “Then we’ll find her.”Alex said holding a gun in one hand, but his other hand held out, ready to throw something around with telekinetic. While it felt like he was stuck in a swamp to do it, that he had to draw energy to do it through sludge, he could still do it. Pushing open the door he frowned slightly, this was to easy, stepping inside the warning not to came to late as sith made a grab for his arm and the girl screamed. Feeling the magic tingle up his legs the moment he crossed it, he flung out a hand to give the other’s a shove back. “Don’t!It’s a faerie circle. Stay back. I’ll break it and get us both out of here.”Alex said already heading for the door, trusting the other’s to listen. “Belladonna?”He whispered as he reached through the bars, eyes widening as his hand slid straight through. Shattering the illusion.”Dammit!”he cursed, turning to look at the others.”it’s not her. She’s here somewhere, but illusions have been set in traps. Be careful. You’re going to have to look.” “No. We’ll get you-” “No. Go. I can break a circle, go find her so we can get out of here.”

Back
Top Bottom