Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Always a thief(lady/moon)

Gabe smiled at his lover, moaning as the other chuckled. god that felt amazing. the warm silky feeling of the others mouth, wet and tight and hot and perfect. He shuddered when he saw the glamour drop because he adored Alexin his natural form. it was so, so very hot. he was so pretty it was nearly humiliating, almost obscene, and he loved to comment on it to make Alex blush. he didn't comment this time though, he was more interested in the way Alex's mouth was wrapping so perfectly around his cock. He could hardly be blamed, the other man was such a perfect sight, like art trapped in a living body. Gabe knew better than anyone, that Alex and James where anything but half Fey, he also knew that neither of them seamed to be at all aware of it. he wasn't sure why, he was also unsure of why he got an uneasy feeling anytime he tried to bring it up.

He was the one person who knew Alex more than anyone. even James didn't come close to knowing Alex, so the soft noise that someone else might never have noticed or heard instantly keyed Gabe in on how how Alex was feeling. his hand started stroking instead, running through the soft strands of hair, stroking and massaging the scalp instead of pressing or gripping he might have done had Alex given another noise or signal. his fingers stroked along the others face, neck and shoulders as well, rolling his hips slowly because it felt so damn good he couldn't not move. hissing Ale's name because he knew Alex liked to see Gabe come undone and he was getting very close to that point.

Alex smiled a little, looking up at the other. Relaxing as the other watched him, looked at him. Knowing the other enjoyed it, and feeling better without the glamour in place. It wasn’t a highly noticable one most of the time, it was a quiet silent itch that bugged him, sorta background noise most of the time. But here, now, like this was perfectly relaxed. Shivering a little as the other stroked his neck, groaning softly as the other petted him, growling at the other as he hissed, shifting to raise his head, squirming up the bed to steal a kiss, “Hold still okay?I’ve been working on something.”He said blushing such a bright red that it was like a light on his normally pale as moonlight skin. Leaning down to kiss Gabe lightly, even if most of his attention was focused on doing something else. Smirking a little as he used a touch of telekinetic power, stroking along gabe’s cock even as he squirmed against the other. A phantom touch, twinged with sidhe magic, and alex’s own adorable bashfulness about discovering new sex things when he so rarely explored or tried.

~~**~~

“James?”Loki muttered as he stuck his head into the room, poking James shoulder to wake him up. “James, wake up.”He ordered biting his lip a little. “Alex’s phone’s been ringing for nearly 20 minutes. Should I try waking him up?”

Gabe smiled at his lover, feeling warm and happy inside. it had taken him so many years to find someone who didn't mind that he often couldn't have sex or even 'keep a stiffy' as James might have put it. That Alex trusted him enough to drop the glamours made him tingly all over, trust was rare for Demons, even a half breed like him so he was more than happy to accept the trust offered and never betray or let Alex down in return. After all, it wasn't everyday a person happily accepted a neutered Demon. he whined at the growl and let his body relax because Alex was very clearly in a special type of mood and Gabe loved it when the other got creative.

"Alex!" Gabe groaned, he didn't want to hold still, he wanted to touch! "Working on something?" Gabe asked, wondering if Alex had discovered a kinky toy or something? Oh! he couldn't hold back the gasp as magic stroked him. oh that felt wonderful! he could feel the touch as if it was real and he could feel the crackling magic that went with it. he made a strained, eager sound, trembling as he tried to remain still for his lover, tossing his head back, baring his throat to Alex. the ultimate sign of trust for a demon. he gasped again, his hands clutching the bed sheets now because his talons had come out in his excitement. the bedding tearing as Gabe reached orgasm. there was no cum, there couldn't b without any balls to make it. there was a few liquid drops of fluid, the balls didn't produce all of the seminal fluid after all. just the 'important' parts like the sperm. still, it certainly wasn't enough to be considered actually 'cumming'. the fact that he could still orgasm at all was more than enough for Gabe.

"Oh god... Alex i think i died...." Gabe admitted, trying to haul in great gulps of air. "you have to do that again. Jesus that was fantastic... the magic. your magic..." he shuddered and then grinned at the other. "my turn?" he teased, examining the others cock. most people would have been afraid of Gabe's fangs or the poison glands. most people forgot that the only reason why someone would want to bite you with poison or without, is if they where raping, forcing or otherwise abusing whoever they where currently having oral sex with. so not only was 'normal' sex rare for Gabe, so was 'returning the favor' of nearly any kind.

~~**~~

James jerked awake and blinked stupidly for a moment before groaning as he hauled himself up and shuffled for the sound of the ringing phone. "No. no, don't wake Alex, you'll only end up pissing off Gabe and trust me, even you couldn't stand up to a beating lie that." he admitted, shaking his head and giving himself a few firm smacks on the cheeks before picking up the phone. he'd done this before as well, a lot so the person on the other end of the phone, unless they where new, knew what it meant that James was answering the phone. "Good morning, this is James Byrne, Detective Monroe is currently unavailable may i take a message for you?" when they where children, James had hated the name Monroe no matter that it had been left with them at the orphanage where they'd been abandoned. James hadn't wanted anything to do with the birth parents that had left them, with the people who didn't love him so he, lie Loki, had changed his own last name to Byrne. in the Irish language it meant 'Descendant of Bran' and Bran mean Raven. since James did not have a father, Byrne basically meant 'Raven's Child' and he liked that. he'd had it legally changed at eighteen. because of this, most people never realized that James and Alex where siblings, let alone Twins. probobly a good thing considering their complete opposite in careers.

“I know, but if I hurt you, I’ll be upset.”Alex muttered sounding a little upset and worried as he worked the magic, going a little cross eyed as he worked to make the magic work. Shuddering at Gabe’s reaction he swallowed thickly, squirming a little, relaxing as he realized that the other hadn’t been hurt, smirking a little as he watched gabe’s head go back, leaning down to press a gentle kiss against the pounding pule point, biting down gently. Smirking as the other came be relaxed, shifting to curl up against the other’s chest, content to be held and touched now that he had pleased gabe. “Hm, if you want.”Alex muttered rolling to the side, for the moment everything forgotten except wanting gabe. Smiling contentedly as he laid across the bed, he’d feel guilty later, but for now, the man was more relaxed then he’d been since the case had started.

~~

Loki winced a little, “True. But I’d be willing to risk it if needed.”Loki muttered eyeing the door. Because he could break the silence rune, but it’d take time and walking in and waking up alex would be bad if he wasn’t already up. “Oh. James. Hello.”The woman on the other end sounded startled, Alex’s normal partner-besides gabe, who wasn’t interpol but worked with them since he was alex’s partner in every way that mattered, but the woman smiled a little. “It’s Aria. I was calling to tell him we have another scene and we’re holding it for him since he said he wanted someone to see it.”

Gabe smiled at him. "i trust you. you would never hurt me." he assured the other before moaning and groaning as he was touched with glorious magic. Gabe couldn't do 'normal' magic. he had to channel it through runes so magic was a delicious exciting thing for him. he whined, sagging into the bed submissively. it was an instant reaction that had actually been trained into Gabe by a previous, rather abusive lover. it was something that he did on reflex without thinking. the past lover had gotten off on dominating such a massive, powerful, dangerous man and Gabe had been all of sixteen and hadn't known any better. that had been about a hundred and fifty years ago though. he had to pause to catch his breath before grinning at the other a little. "i do want. lay on your back okay?" he asked, squirming lower and sliding Alex's pants down, his tongue stroking the flesh. Gabe's wasn't forked as some where which was a very good thing because even Alex had some limits and Gabe wasn't sure he wanted to test that one.

he took his time laving the flesh, stroking the smooth length, teasing his lover. this happened so rarely that he always liked to savor it. liked to take his time. liked to torment his smaller lover relentlessly. he was a bit of a jerk really. thankfully he wasn't in the mood to spend hours on it today as he was sometimes. he slipped the length into his mouth, sucking around it, humming the most annoying song he could think of. he was torn between the song that never ends and the ABC's. he finally chose the song that never ends, if only because it was more fun to hum and it would get stuck in the others head without fail. Gabe really was a dick.

~~**~~

"Yeah well. i'm not. Alex needs the sleep." James admitted. "besides, i don't want to face a bitchy Alex AND a bitchy Gabe." he admitted before smiling at the sound of the woman's voice. flirting in an instant because he couldn't help himself. "Well of course it's Aria. I'd know your angel's voice anywhere." he cooed at her before sobering.

"oh hell. Yeah, he called me and Loki in for backup." he knew that Aria was one of the few people Alex had trusted with The Secrete. not that James was a nasty thief, though he was sure she knew that. but that James and Alex where more than human and that Loki was a God who kept being reborn over and over again. She knew they had 'special skills', James just hoped to god it was a Magical problem or something the local wildlife could help out with.

"Gabe has Alex under 'house arrest' at the moment but as soon as his 'time out' is finished i'll make sure he calls you." James promised,knowing she'd get the code. Gabe had decided Alex was too close to a breakdown and had forced him to bed and Alex was still sleeping.

“No, I wouldn’t. Not on purpose.”Alex muttered shuddering a little at the submissive reaction. Nuzzling his face against the other a little, relaxing, cuddling close. Content for a moment, to simply be with him. “Kay.”He muttered laughing a little as he shifted to lay on his back, groaning as the other licked at him.”Damn, gabe.”He groaned squeezing his eyes shut, squirming as he petted teh other’s hair, tugging gently at the strands as he came, squeezing his eyes shut, the glamour completely shattering as he came, his hair fading into it’s natural blue highlighted black, nails lengthing into claws, skin glowing softly like he was bathed in moonlight. As rare as it was, as rare as he had sex, it was still a amazing thing, to see Alex glowing like a sidhe during the act, he so rarely lost that much control to let it show. A part of him aware enough to keep a lid on his real appearance, at least enough to not glow with magic, enough to now glow to other fae. But between his breakdown, and enjoying gabe’s mouth, he was glowing like a noonday sun. “You dick.”he growled as he realized what song it was.

~~

“Ah...true.”Loki frowned thinking about it before wincing. “They would be bitchy.”he agreed shaking his head a little. “...You are such a flirt. No wonder Alex puts up with you. You’re more charming then he is.”Aria snickered a little because she was well aware, that alex had to work harder to be charming, when it came naturally to james.

“Yes, he said he was calling you. I’ve never seen him this stumped James.”She frowned shaking her head a little, as she considered it. Before snorting. “Well, as soon as he stops being a misbehaving child, give me a call. I’ll keep the scene ready for you.”

'You wouldn't ever." Gabe mumbled with a smile before sighing at the others nuzzling because it felt wonderful. he was pretty sure it wasn't from the training when he was younger, but being bitten on the neck always made him even more horny. he grinned at the others curse if you could call that a curse and enjoyed himself as he sucked the other dry. he himself was spent, he wouldn't be getting it up for hours and even then he'd probobly need 'assistance' of some kind, either from a little blue pill or one of the few toys that could sort of mimic an erection.

"Yes, Alex. i just sucked your dick and did an amazing job, i know." Gabe teased with a chuckle. "now go take a shower and wake up a little more and I'll make you some breakfast." he promised. "what do you want this morning?" Gabe asked. he wasn't a chef by any means but he could cook a decent breakfast. he smiled at the other, having been pointedly ignoring how absolutely breathtakingly beautiful the other was.

"you look so fantastic..." he admitted softly, stroking the others glowing cheek before running his hands through the ink black hair with sapphire highlights in a way that was so unnatural. not that Gabe could say anything with his two tone hair. he pressed his lips to the others, kissing him deep and firm, full of passion and love before he pulled back and smiled at Alex.

"Go get dressed." he urged. "and you know Loki will be a dick if you walk out like that so do what you can to get your Glamour back up." he suggested with a chuckle.

~~**~~

"Very bitchy. Alex has only gotten grumpier in the mornings." he admitted. "We should think about making some Coffee." he admitted with a chuckle before grinning at the phone.

"A flirt? me? Never, this is just my natural sweet charm." he said happily, chuckling a little. "everything is more charming than Alex." he pointed out to Aria. "He's like if a porcupine and Cactus decided to have babies and he was the result."He said, tone dry and sarcastic.

"How bad is this? like, am i going to need to bring a barf bag bad or i'm going to have a headache bad?" he asked her, biting his lip a little before snickering at her snort and comment about Alex being a child. "Thanks Aria my Love." he purred at her. "i'll make sure he calls you. or maybe i'll call you myself? i never did get that date i was promised for winning that bet." he teased with a smirk.

“You did do a amazing job.”alex muttered sounding sleepy and relaxed, blinking slowly. To content to want to get moving just yet. For the moment, not remembering there was reasons he needed to get moving. “Kay...waffles, but ask the other two. If they don’t wat waffles, make whatever they want...”alex muttered blushing a little because he knew the other was ignoring just how odd and weird he looked. Which was amusing, cause alex knew he was pretty, usually found it weird, simply to much for the normally down to earth cop to handle, so he simply ignored that he was nearly as pretty as a girl. Groaning as he kissed him back.

“I’m not sure fantastic is the word for it.”He muttered sighing softly as he leaned into the other’s hand before huffing. Nodding a little. “Yea I know. I’ll get a shower and fix it. Go on.”He muttered already stumbling towards the shower as he spoke.

~~

“That’s disturbing. He was always grouchy in the mornings.”James snickered a little before nodding, heading for the kitchen to get some coffee going.

“I don’t think so. And I’m telling him you said that.”She teased a little, even if she knew Alex would probably agree, that he was so much less charming and even more prickly. It was gabe who’d probably take offense on his partner’s sake. “...You’re going to have a barf bag. Not because of the bodies, but the victims. They’re....it’s a family James. It’s bad.”Aria shuddered a little before snorting. “We’ll see about dinner. Maybe. Just have alex call.”She said smiling. “I’ll see you guys in a bit.”She said hanging up.

Gabe smiled at him and kissed him again because he was just so damn cute like this. sated and relaxed and uncaring about how fucked up the world was. he snorted at the others order to check with the other two. screw that, Alex wanted waffles and he was getting waffles. it was always amusing how much Alex constantly put other people first, and a little frustrating. it was because if his constant need to put others first that led to him forking three days straight without a break for sleep, food, or showers. It was frustrating, watching the man he loved put him through so much for people who never cared. it was one of the reasons why Gabe loved him so much, so it was a complicated situation handling Alex to say the least.

"Beautiful, gorgeous, ethereal, alluring, dazzling, stunning, breathtaking, magnificent, divine, radiant, enthralling, would any of those words suit you better?" Gabe asked with a smile before chuckling a little at the others souring disposition. Gabe loved how Alex was only in a good mood in the morning if they where actively engaging in sexual activities. Alex was just so damn cute when he was grouchy! he shook his head, feeling his own good mood drifting away, he hated people and he knew he was going to have to deal with a lot of them. especially James and Loki whose thoughtless comments often made him want to strangle them, for himself or for Alex. Gabe didn't like people, didn't like the way they stared at him, or whispered behind their hands about him. good or bad, it didn't matter Gabe hated it. still, he couldn't just hide in a room his whole life, he had to deal with it and deal with it he would. he shook his head and set his claw to the runes, deactivating them in time to hear that James was on the phone. good, he'd keep his mouth shut for a while then. maybe.

~~**~~

"Yeah he was but it's gotten worse, i think because he never really catches up on his sleep." James admitted with a sigh before smiling at Loki, so very glad his best friend, his brother in all but blood, was there with him. he'd have gone mad by now if not. he knew Loki was monitoring the mental 'shields' James had struggled all his life to maintain. the slender shields, weak and fragile, was the only thing keeping the forest, the earth, the Wild from taking his mind. that slender, tiny shield that had broken before and had landed him in the mental hospital for three weeks while he struggled to recover and babbled about acorns and squirrels. thank god for Loki back then, because he ended up in a hospital that specialized in Fey, so they knew he wasn't 'just' insane it was a magical malady and that was the only reason h had recovered at all. he knew better now, but as strong as the Wild was here, one strong push from the earth and he'd be lost again. even now he wanted to drop that tiny thread of a protection and let the Wild have him. it was only because he knew Loki was watching him that he didn't. that and his need to protect and help Alex.

"You go ahead and tell him i said that. the only person more prickly is Gabe." James teased Aria. "i don't understand how someone so sweet like you can be so happy with two sour pusses like that around." east, they didn't hate her and Gabe was particularity fond of her because she made Alex smile and relax and take breaks so he wasn't nearly as rude to her as he was to most people.

"...Shit." James muttered, not liking the sound of that at all. crimes involving entire families, kids especially always twisted James up hard. he'd have to make sure to take his barf bag. he wasn't used to things like this. he was suddenly very sure that he wanted to go home and hide under his bed with his precious babies and never come out again. he nearly flinched when Carrow landed on his shoulder and Cawed at him. lending his strength to James. he needed it and he was very glad Carrow had come with him. Carrow was a special Raven. one in every two hundred or so Ravens where born with Just a touch more intelligence. just enough to help with certain magical workings. like powering mental shields and calming stormy souls. Carrow was doing both. certain cats, particularly the black furred variety often had the same skill. which was why Raven's and Black Cats had often been used as Familiars to certain kinds of witches and magic wielders.

"See you later Aria." James said, hanging up the phone and wincing when the bedroom door popped open and Gabe strolled out, looking tired and grumpy. Alex must have put up a fuss early in the morning about going back to sleep. well, that's what James thought anyway. he didn't say a word, he just got out of Gabe's way as the half Demon moved into the kitchen, probobly to make breakfast.

Alex smiled kissing him back even as he yawned, squirming a little. Not wanting to move away and get up. Content to be where he was. Sighing as he rolled his eyes, looking up at the other. “Calling me those things wont get you brownie points. Cooking for me will. Maybe.”Alex huffed a little because he was in a fairly good mood, considering it was morning. Watching him go he sighed as he headed for the bathroom.

~~

“Probably.”Loki said smiling a little as he put coffee on, before snorting at James words. “I will. And I like them, and order Alex to bed, and he listens to me. It sorta endears me to them both.”Aria snickered a little. “Yea. Shit. Just get over here whenever you can.” “morning Gabe.”Loki said offering a small smile as he saw the other, pouring the man a cup of coffee, looking up in slight concern as Alex appeared in the doorway, his eyebrows creeping up a little at the sight of the man.

While Alex had managed to get his glamour back in place, his black hair was still blue black, the highlights not quite as noticeable as they had been, but not his usual simple black. Tilting his head at James he winced a little. “I’m sorry....I tried not calling you guys....but I need help if I’m goign to figure this out. And me, aria, and gabe are at a loss.”Not quite true, but close enough alex didn’t feel bad about it.

He chuckled a little. "I got brownie points for sucking you off and letting you do your voodoo on me." he said with a smirk.

~~**~~

"Well... yeah that's a good point." James agreed with a chuckle at Aria's happy explanation. "Yeah, we'll be there as soon as we make Alex eat. That's probobly going to be a bit of a struggle I'm sure." James admitted with a sigh, knowing she, more than anyone would understand how much trouble it could be to get Alex to take care of himself.

"Out of the way." Gabe growled at Loki, settling in to make up the waffle batter before glancing at Alex, lifting an eyebrow before going back to cooking, not mentioning it because Alex wouldn't appreciate it. James just looked even more worried at the sight of his brother loosing his Glamour. he knew that when Alex was sick he couldn't maintain the Glamour very well so his first thought was that Alex was catching a cold, or worse. His own Glamour was weaker. a lot weaker than Alex's so it wasn't unusual to see his eyebrows and beard change color. he dyed his hair so he didn't have to glamour that, cutting back on the struggle of keeping it hidden. there where certain glamour canceling 'spells' that could destroy the dye too though so he was always very careful when dealing with Fey or magic users.

"Alex? you feeling okay?" James asked, pouring his brother a cup of coffee. if you could call it that. it was more coffee flavored milk with enough sugar to make James teeth ache. he still remembered how to make it perfectly though. he himself drank it with a single spoonful of sugar and no milk at all so Alex's coffee was extra disgusting to him.

"Hey. relax. i would have come anyway even without the Favor. but you did call in the Favor so i don't owe you anymore." James stated simply. "so. come drink your coffee, eat the-" he paused to look t what Gabe was making. "Waffles being cooked for you and then call Aria. she called while you where sleeping." he admitted, carefully not admitting that she was holding a crime scene because Alex would never wait and eat if he knew that.

“I’m sure. Just take care of him, we can handle things till you get here.”Aria promised.

“Sorry. Need help?”Loki offered even as he moved away, sipping his coffee as watched the other. Looking at alex, before looking away. Not about to comment on it, knowing given time, alex woke up grouchy. Having a case he couldn’t solve, made it even worse. “I’m feeling fine. Just sleepy.”Alex said with a jaw cracking yawn, despite the sex, and the coffee he was devouring like it was the last thing he’d ever have, he was so not a morning person. So being awake in the AM, despite a job that had him up at all hours, meant he was horrible in the mornings.

“Well. Okay then. And you can have waffles to. I told him to make enough to share.”Alex said before frowning, but not turning on his phone yet to make the call. Well aware there were three men in teh room who’d make him eat before anythign else. Even if he suspected what aria wanted, he was going to eat first, and hold onto the good morning feelings that sex had given him for a little longer.

"No." Gabe growled, glaring at Loki as if he suspected the other might try to sabotage the waffles. James just sighed a little and moved over to Alex, rubbing the others shoulders because he really did worry way too much about his brother. entirely too much but who could blame him? Alex was entirely incapable of taking care of himself. Still, the needing more sleep excuse was more than enough to calm James. he'd seen Alex loose his glamours because of sleep deprivation before, or so he'd assumed. he desperately wished that Alex would take better care of himself.

"We'll eat once we know you've had enough." James promised with a smile. "we're not the ones on the brink of starvation." and James wasn't sure he wanted to eat before going to the new crime scene. he had a very bad feeling about all of this. a very, very bad feeling.

"I'm making more than enough. you'll eat." Gabe growled, James smiling at him because he knew that was Gabe's way of making Alex happy. making James take care of himself would make Alex happy so Gabe was doing his best to fuss over both James and Loki as well, though he really didn't like them they where there to help Alex when they didn't have to be. Gabe knew that they both could have said no. they both could have refused but they where still there and that meant something.

"The Ravens and the Foxes are keeping a lookout for us." James informed Alex as all the food came out on plates. bacon and waffles with fried eggs. "I can't connect to the earth here though, it's too... much." he admitted. "the Earth here is Wild and chaotic and... it thinks." he admitted, well aware that had he said that to anyone else they would have thought him insane. His brother, Loki, even Gabe knew how bad nature could get for James. there was a reason he lived far away from any forests after all.

"Damn Gabe... these are fantastic." James admitted, staring at the waffles. "how did you get them to get so crispy and fluffy? i never get mine to be like this." he admitted. "hell, most restaurants can't even do this."

"practice." Gabe admitted with a snort. "Eat. we need to get going." Gabe ordered.

“No, you’ll have some.”Alex said fussing over james, frowning a little. “I’m not starving!I ate. Some.”He grumbled though he knew the others would know he didn’t, maybe might not call him on it though. Smiling pleased at gabe’s offer. “See?eat.”He ordered.

Loki winced a little before nodding, “Okay. Food it is though.”It was good that in the many lifetimes he’d been through, the man had developed a iron cast stomach for most things, and even if he was sure this was going to be sick, he could still eat and be okay. He hoped. Humanity had a way of still finding things to shock him about.

“Thanks. Hopefully if something happens again, they’ll see something.”Alex said already thinking about how they could use the lookouts. The victims had a certain type, if he could figure out how the killer was tracking them, maybe they could protect the would be victims first. “...Yes...it’s more. Even for me, it feels wild. Like...something itching just under the skin.”he said shuddering a little, before wincing. “Well. Protect yourself first. I need help, but not if you’re going to put yourself at risk.”Alex frowned a little before smiling slightly as he ate. “He cooks alot. All the time.” “Cause you can’t cook?” “Yea.”

Alex snickered a little even as he finished his waffles, and after a quick conversation with Aria, he looked a little sick, even if he was closed off from feeling anything more just yet. “I have a address for the next place. We better get going.”

"You didn't eat at all, i know better than that." James stated simply before smiling at his brother. "Alex... i think we both know it would be a lot better if i didn't eat right now."James admitted, Gabe pausing at that and glancing at James, wondering what Aria had told him. truth be told he thought James was being pretty smart. better not to puke at the crime scene if it could be helped. he glanced at Loki, wondering if he would be eating before deciding to make him food anyway. watching a million year old 'god' puke would be hilarious. especially if Alex, tin adorable Alex, managed to keep his own breakfast down.

"I'm hoping so. they're spreading out. Carrow checked the last crime scene for me and spread the word around the others what they're looking for. he wouldn't tell me what he saw though, guess he wants you to tell me." James admitted, drinking his precious coffee and wishing he wasn't because he knew that would come up when he got to the crime scene. he just knew it.

"I have my shields up as strong as i can make them, Carrow and Loki are helping." James promised with a smile. "unless the Wild attacks me, i don't think there's a risk, and the Wild would have attacked as soon as i crossed into it's range." He admitted before smiling a little at the by-play between Alex and Loki. it was nice to have his brother not disappointing and pissed off at them for a little while. he snickered a little at Alex's admitting he couldn't do something. that didn't happen often. he swallowed thickly at how pale Alex looked, already feeling a little sick himself.

"Yeah. okay. i'm as ready as i'm going to get i think." he admitted softly. "let's go." he decided, hesitating before shaking his head. "i need just a minute." he stated, heading to grab his backpack, knowing Loki had packed it. his 'kit'. it was three very special blades. one was pure silver, one was cold steal, that one was wrapped in a silk cloth so he didn't burn himself, and the other was made from a Wendigo fang. it was very dangerous so it was wrapped in a leather sheath. of the three special blades the Wendigo Tooth was easily the most dangerous and deadly. it could kill nearly anything. the only thing truly safe from that blade was a True God and even then it would drop them for long enough for him to get away. the Wendigo was easily the most dangerous and foul creature and he had spent over three million dollars on that knife. it wasn't illegal but it was frowned upon so he was always careful to never let Alex see it. he had a horrible feeling that he was actually going to need it, so with him it was coming.

“Okay. Maybe.”Alex huffed a little before wincing, shaking his head. “Damn. Okay. No food for you. Loki can eat though. He’s a bazillion years old, he can eat.”Alex said because he was finding amusement in what he could, which was a rare thing during a case, so the idea of loki puking amused him. “I wont puke.”Loki said though he sounded more sure then he actually felt, rolling his eyes a little. Willing to risk it if it amused alex a little.

“Good. And I’ll tell you, it’s just easier to explain when we’re there. Better questions and visual aids.”Alex shrugged a little knowing they would understand a bit. He only wanted to have to explain things once, and being on scene was better then doing it here, where it was the one place alex could have some peace. He didn’t want to sully the air more then he already had with having the paperwork here.

“Okay....Hopefully the wild stays away then. With the things going on here, I bet the wild has better things to do then attack us.”He hoped. “Let’s go then.”Alex said snagging his own messager bag, the legal gun at his hip, and the less legal toys in the bags. Toys that weren’t necessarily illegal, just not quite as legal as some things. Slipping on his suit jacket, for all the world looking like a lawyer or a office manager, instead of one of interpol’s top craftsman.

When they got there Alex frowned a little at the sight of aria waiting for them, tilting his head slightly. “They’re upstairs.”She said simply watching Alex head inside, not even commenting on the slightly more fey look. She’d seen him like this before, hopefully he wasn’t getting sick again. “Okay, inside we go.”Alex muttered heading inside, paling even more at the sight of the twins laying so peacefully in their beds, blankets drawn up like they were sleeping. He’d almost believe they were sleeping if he couldn’t smell the blood tinging the air. Glad that no one had disturbed the scene he shook his head a little before raising a hand, lifting the blankets away. This is why interpol loved him, he could easily observe and move things without actually contaminating anything. Wincing a little as he saw the wounds, and without thinking muttered the line from the grimm’s fairy tale, not quite understanding what had drawn it to the surface, but the sight of the missing hearts did. “And the queen said, bring me her heart, for then I will know I’m the fairest in the land.”

"Yeah, no food for me." he agreed with a smile, swallowing thickly because he was a bit petrified of what he was going to see. this was going to be so very bad. so very bad. he couldn't stop the crawling sensation the one he always got when bad things where about to happen. Nature was warning him, the earth itself was telling him to run away and he could feel the Wild pushing at him. it wanted to tell him something, but he couldn't take that risk. not now. not ever. no matter how much he wanted to. he couldn't loose himself again.

"I'm never going to let you live it down if you throw up." James teased Loki, looking pale and gaunt because he was terrified of what they where going to find. he shuddered at the mention of the Wild, wishing people would stop mentioning it. it just made the Wild pay more attention. aware they where speaking about it and wanting in on the action of sorts. he followed his brother to his house and glanced at Aria, as if begging her to find an excuse for him not to go up three before he shook his head, bullied up his courage and followed Alex, clutching the scene saving puke bag in his hands like it was a lifeline. he choked at the heavy scent of copper and decay. he was not going to puke, he was not going to puke. he was not going to puke. Then Alex lifted the blanket and James couldn't handle it anymore. He darted out the door, dropped to his knees and puked into the bag, Gabe watching with a critical eye to make sure James wasn't going to need help. He didn't. it only lasted a short while and then he was up, tying the bag closed and headed back inside. the shock had been too much. he'd be okay now. he hoped.

"You just had to bring up those fuckin fairy tales." James muttered, examining the bodies as calmly as he could. "You're right. the hearts are missing." he admitted, setting his hand over them, feeling what was left of their life. it could take days, even weeks for the life signs to fully dissipate so using his connection to life he could still get some readings.

"Half fey." he reported. "Strong connections to the earth, both of them. seams focused, singular. i can't get a specific reading, they've been gone too long." he admitted, looking so sad for the poor babies. "the mother is completely human? where's the father?" he asked Alex, his head tilted. "must be full fey, and those are very damn hard to kill so why isn't there any Cold Iron or silver chains? there's no monkshod in the house, not even half a scent of anything at all that could hurt or weaken a fey in this house. was he away? not in the picture?" he wondered. "How many others are there like this? are they all Half Fey or is there a different connection? is there a connection?" he wondered. "there's always a connection." he mumbled with a sigh, closing his eyes and swaying a little, feeling faint but refusing to let himself collapse. not when it was two little baby girls, he had to help find out who murdered them and he couldn't if he was passing out on the floor.

“I wont throw up.”Loki muttered, though he did dart out moments after James, coughing as he knelt at the front steps, resting his cheek against the porch railing, heaving like a racehorse, but not throwing up yet. Shuddering as he settled, relaxed. Overwhelmed, and despite centuries of watching what humanity destroy themselves, it was still hard to see it like this, to taste magic cracking on the air.

“I’m always right.”Alex muttered watching loki and james come back in even as he watched james sense them. He’d suspected that was what their connection was, had seen it, but since he hadn’t been able to break all the victims glamours even after death, or sense what tehy were, he hadn’t been sure. “It’ll be a wild fey. No sidhe or their true courts have been killed. At least. Not as far as we’ve been able to establish.”Alex said looking sick, but holding it togehter. “She is. She has....a feeling of touching magic. I think the father is still in the picture, probably lives here. About the only thing that could give a complete human a sense of magic like this...”Alex frowned a little. “Haven’t seen cold iron or chains, but it could have been a weapon that the killer took with him. It had to be a knife to get wounds like this....or claws.”Alex frowned a little, looking up at the sound of the front door slamming open, and ARia trying to restrain someone. “You two stay here, figure out if you can read anything. I’ll go deal with this. Gabe, stay with them.”Alex muttered as he headed for the door.

“How’d they get in?If the father is a full fey, he knows how to ward. And is probably old enough to have strong wards, if he’s living here in the city, surrounded by so much iron and steel.”Loki frowned a little before his look grew even more concerned as the sound of alex struggling to fight was coming up the stairs, and even as he reached the top step he heard the sound of alex’s back hitting the wall and his curses as his glamour shattered, the sidhe there in the full glare of morning light. “M-my lord?”The fey lord stopped, lookign confused, soft cat ears nestled into his brown hair, looking so confused as he stared at alex.

"Yeah. You're always right." James muttered, shaking his head. "That's true, and no one would fuck with the courts without an army." James agreed, watching Alex intently, wondering how the other did it. was he just used to it maybe? how could he stand there like nothing was wrong when two babies where killed? how could he be so calm in the face of this?

"Touching Magic? like something that wasn't her own?" he wasn't all that up to date with the Lingo. "so the Father was out of town, maybe vising the courts or his family and the attacker waited until they where sure he wouldn't be back so they wouldn't have to handle him or they where after him specifically and took him. otherwise his body would here here as well." James mused, settling in to get a better look at the wounds. James would know better than anyone if it was made by knife or by claws, as a child and into much of his adulthood he studied the way animals claws hit flesh. not for any gruesome reason, just because he was fascinated by animals.

"This was done by claws." he stated simply. "see how they go deep and curl, and then pull out so the wound is almost a crescent shape? this is a claw." he said, curling his fingers as if he was letting out claws before jumping at the sound of fighting. was the murderer back!? he hoped to god not. Gabe scowled but nodded, not about to disobey an actual order. He'd rather have gone with Alex because obviously there was a problem downstairs and it was probobly going to be a dangerous problem.

"The answer is obvious." James said to Loki. "the Fey who broke in was stronger or worse... the mother let them in because she trusted them." James said, swallowing thickly. Gabe grimacing because that was true. very true. too true. the idea of a family letting someone trusted in only to wind up dead? it happened far too often Gabe knew. He tensed as he felt Alex's Glamour fall. he was moving before anyone could stop him, hefting the attacker off his feet and launching him right back down the stairs, planting himself in front of Alex and snarling violently. Fangs down and claws out, hissing like an angry rattlesnake. "Alex? what is it?!" James demanded, stepping out, Cold Steal blade with the bone handle nestled in his hand perfectly. ready to attack whatever was attacking his brother.

“I am. And not without anyone hearing about it. They might have fucked with the courts, but it would be a bloodbath that even humans would have noticed. They might be violent among themselves, but they normally leave the younglings and humans alone.”Alex frowned looking over at James, raising a eyebrow. “What?” “How do you do this?”Loki said looking a little green around the edges. “Practice.”Alex shrugged a little, emotionally locked down and not looking at his feelings, because if he did, he’d drown in the guilt.

“It wasn’t her own. The mother’s human, but if she’s staying in contact with the fey, if he’s a lord in a court, tends to leave a....signature behind. Like how a spot on a couch stays warm even after the person leaves it, at least for a while. He’s not been gone long. And he’s probably still alive. Magic fades faster after death.”Alex frowned a little before shuddering slightly. “Yea. I can see.”

“Larger claws. Something like a cat. Or eagle maybe.”Loki muttered hounding his hands out and laying them above the cuts, not touching but mimicking the swipe that killed them. “A wide paw, claws to fish the heart out in one pass.”Loki frowned, his stomach settled enough to not be still sick at figuring this out. “...Trusted them. We’d see more damage if the wards had been broken.”Loki frowned a little.

Alex snarled softly as he leaned against the wall, holding out a hand to stop the fight about to break out. “Stop!He’s the father!”He yelled even as he watched the attacker fall through the air, twisting mid way as careful as a cat, shifting easily to land lightly on the stairs, a house cat sized cat, except it was most definitely a cat that hadn’t walked the world in centuries. A milliena. A disturbing tiny little saber tooth cat, almost a kitten sized one, except he had a feeling this one had more then enough experience to tear them to shreds. “Stop! All of you. You, change back. Now.”Alex snarled holding his hands up, strain showing on his face as he held everyone in place. He stared a little watching the cat change back into the man more lounging and ready to move as soon as he could, then trying to look harmless. and even as he spoke, you could see the flash of fangs, as if he couldn't quite stand to get rid of the saber fangs, and black car ears nestled into his hair. "My lord Oberon, I am sorry. I did not realize it was you." "...."Alex stared, looking lost and strained, "Don't attack any of you. I'm letting go now."he warned.

"it could very well be one anyway. a Fey this strong, even a wild one. this is bad." he admitted. "If it's a wild Unseelie we're in for a slaughter." Gabe admitted simply, Alex wincing because he'd heard the legends and the rumors and was well aware that the Unseelie where nothing at all you wanted to mess with. they where vicious, violent, bloodthirsty and revenge was their specialty.

"Could this be Unseelie? maybe one that's gone mad, or out for some sort of Revenge? both even?" James wondered. "Maybe some Unseelie Fey is going around doing this in some misguided rage for some slight or another?" James wondered. that had happened before he knew. Fey, especially those on the Unseelie side or spent too much time in the unseelie courts, had a tendency to go off their rockers and seek vengeance for the weirdest things. one such woman had declared revenge on an entire branch of a lesser half-Fey family for getting her coffee order wrong at Starbucks. it wasn't entirely inconceivable to think it was the same here. the ritualistic carving out of the victims hearts though... that smacked of something much more sinister. black magic of some sort, or something personal. there where too many things, but the way Alex had whispered the tale of the Snow White.

"It was big enough to take the heart in one stroke. there's only one claw line." Gabe said softly. "strong enough to go through the ribs. has to be a Fey. or a bear maybe could do it, full Demon's don't bother but a Half Demon might." Gabe admitted from the doorway.

"The wards are still up. i felt them when i walked in. tied down and fed daily. whoever did this must have scoped the wards and the house and waited, or maybe lured the father out personally and then moved in to do.. this. Whoever it was either slipped the wards or was invited through them." James sighed a little. "which means that the father, at the very least, personally knows the killer." and that was never a good thing.

Gabe was more than ready to rip the assailant from limb to limp when Alex yelled that it was the father and paused, not all that willingly but because Alex wouldn't let him move and he'd never figh free of Alex's psychic hold. it could do terrible things to him. he growled again, a final warning before retracting his fangs and talons, his way of letting Alex know that he wouldn't attack and there would be no more fighting from his end. not to say he wouldn't step in if the 'cat man' attacked again but he wouldn't instigate anything.

"Wow. Neko. cute." James mused from the doorway. "why is he calling you My Lord?" he wondered, looking at Alex before wincing. "shit. you're glamours been stripped. Loki, can you fix it? we can't get anything done with him glowing like a miniature sun." he admitted, sympathetic because it sucked balls having your glamour stripped. the didn't have the power to stitch it back together the way a normal full blooded fey did. or if they did they didn't know it. it could take hours to piece their glamours back together, though Alex was far, far better at it than James was. James just wondered where the hell Alex had gotten such a boost to his power, he'd never seen his brother restrain, fully restrain, a full grown man before, let alone a full fey and a half demon.

“It’s already been a slaughter. Just not one that’s been hitting the papers.”Which was amazing, that he’d managed to keep it out of sight for so long. “But you’re right, if it’s a unseelie, they’re going to escalate sooner rather then later.”Alex frowned thinking about it.

“It might be. Unseelie are quicker to take offense against things, and more likely to be violent about it.”Loki frowned thinking, staring at the girl’s chest, frowning. “Alex? Grimm fairytales. Have you found a thought, or a connection to all of them?” “uh....yea. Mostly snow white. Sometimes sleeping beauty.” “Huh. Well. I think we’ve got our unseelie court connection then....best thing Mab ever did for her court, was make humans tell stories of them.”Loki frowned a little at the idea. Because it was true. While the courts could survive on their own, didn’t really need anything to live, belief, human faith that they still existed, made them stronger. Kept magic going strong in the lands of faerie. While Oberon and his summer court were rumored to be as strong as ever, Mab had probably got a step up on her husband, by making the humans tell so many stories of her wicked fae.

“Never a good thing to know, when the father is fey. Definitely when he’s probably lived long enough to make some pretty well known and annoyingly powerful enemies.”Loki shuddered at the idea.

Alex nodded a little watching the two, relaxing his hand as gabe relaxed, trusting his lover to not attack again unless they were attacked. “....”The cat frowned looking at the man, before paling slightly, now that he was looking for it, he could see the differences, and that scared him. To have one of the missing princes standing in his living room...oh hell. Not about to answer that again, not when he’d realized it wasn’t oberon. “Yea...I felt it snap. Dammit.”Alex sighed softly, looking at loki. “yea. It wont be as good as his own, but I can keep it up till he gets it together.”Loki said holding out a hand, watching the glamour around alex build up again. “....now. Are we done fighting?I’m not letting you upstairs. No father should see that.”Alex eyed the cat, frowning slightly. “Also, what’s your name?I’m not calling you neko the whole time.” “Sith. And yes, I wont attack you.”He said moving to get up slowly, watching the missing prince in interest, and wondering why they hadn’t been killed yet. All the courts knew of the missing princes, but no one had ever seen them, in fact half of faerie had assumed their existence was just a story, and that Mab had made it up just to have a reason to punish Oberon for some other slight. "....Sith?"Alex's eyes widened slightly. "Cat Sith?" "The one and only." "....What are you doing out of faerie?" "I'm not one of their pets, I'm allowed leaving when I want."Sith frowned not about to answer that question, not when the two didn't seem to know who they were, or caught that he'd called the black haired prince oberon.

"Fuck, Alex. how many people so far have died this way?" James wondered, his 'mad fey' theory flying out the window. five people could be an angry fey out for revenge. ten to twenty could be a mad fey, but thirty or more all in the same way? this was a pattern, and this entire house smacked of deep intense planning. someone had staked out the house, waited until the father was gone and then attacked. this was no 'mad fey' this was meticulous.

"It doesn't help that those fuckin fairy tales where more often than not, true." James admitted. Snow White for example was all truth. Snow had been a normal human girl whose beauty matched the Fey Queen who had gone to the human realms to rule, tired of being in the shadows of Mab's court as a drudgery maid. She was furious that her people loved some human wench more than her, furious that some human wench was prettier than she. the only difference was that in real life the Queen had demanded her liver and lungs and she'd been only a child. still, the principle was the same. the internal organs, particularly of those of magical beings, the blood could be used to do all kinds of things. especially the heart. the heart could be used to identify heritage or be used to lay a black magical curse on an entire bloodline. the heart could be used to tie down demons to the realm of the humans. could be used to control all manner of dark beasts or tie spells into place or scry for certain things. the Fey Queen's mirror from the story, the talking one was made from the heart, brain and tongue of three babies and an old man, giving it a mind, the ability to talk, and the ability to see anywhere while never allowing it free will, the ability to lie or refuse and other such things. the magic mirror was now in Mab's courts, and she often used it for party tricks, since it could not be used to find Fey it was pretty much useless to a Fey Queen.

Gabe smiled a little at Alex, it wasn't an expression that most people would see. Gabe was very good at hiding his expressions but Alex was very good at reading him so he knew Alex would see it before examining the Cat man. why such a reaction? he'd called Alex 'oberon'. that couldn't possibly mean what he thought it meant. he was old enough to know about the rumors but he'd never put much stock to them. could they possibly be true? His Alex? a prince? In some twisted way, it made sense.

"Cat Sith?" James asked, looking startled. "One of the Lords of the Wild Hunt?" James asked, startled. "One of Cernunnos Kin?" James asked. the King of the Wild, animals and nature. James had always thought he was one of the Wild Kin. the way he could do what he could do. being able to talk to one, a real member of the Wild Courts was too good to pass up. a real chance to to finally understand his gifts and stop himself from going mad to them. He had to talk to this guy, Cat Sith. Lord of the Cats.

"Lord Sith? why don't we go downstairs and talk, I'll have one of the grunts run out and get you some coffee." James offered, looking at Alex before heading down the stairs and gently offering a smile to Sith.

"I was wondering, i know this is a horrible time, but i might never get another chance. would you mind helping me with a problem? it doesn't have to be now, or even in a few months, but I need help and your the first of the Wild Fey I've ever met. so eve if it takes a year or more, I'll be super glad for any help you could give me." He admitted to Sith, leading him to the living room so he could sit and calm down and drink some coffee.

Gabe looked at Alex. "We should get the bodies out of here. we have the information we need, right?" He asked, looking into the little nursery with the dead baby girls.

“25 so far. Scattered across europe, and two in the states. That’s why I think the killings are related to the courts, cause while they’ve moved some to the states, for the most part, rumor says faerie is here.”Alex frowned a little. No wonder he had a cast iron stomach about this, had started to get desperate enough to start calling in favors. He’d stood over to many bodies like this.

“True. They might have changed some things, but...the queen made sure not to twist them to far beyond truth.”Loki said not about to say the queen’s name again, because to whisper the man is to draw it’s attention, to say the name three times, was to summon the woman. And the idea of Queen Mab, queen of wicked and winter, coming here, was disturbing.

Alex offered a small smile back, absently twisting his ring around his ring finger, rubbing it back and forth with his thumb, a nervous twitch if he ever had one. Usually the only sign he was nervous and upset. “Yes, that Cat With.”Sith smiled a little tilting his head, before his eyes widened again, it wasn’t often life startled him, but it seemed this was going to be. Dammit. The rumors were true, there were twins. Which.....oh hell. He knew what was going on, but to tell these two, if either had the same self sacrificing streak that Lord Oberon had, would have them turning themselves over. He wasn’t going to risk that, not until he talked to Oberon. While he was a lord of the wild hunt, and technically not loyal to any of the two courts, Oberon had been kind to him over the years, where mab’s cruelty had only escalated with each passing year. So...he’d wait, and see. He was a cat, even if his heart was torn apart about what was upstairs, he could set it aside, and protect these two. Even if they didn’t seem to know it. He owed that much to the summer king.

“....What problem?”he said watching James, tilting his head much like a cat would, following after the other, even knowing that he was being herded and directed around, he was letting it happen, because he didn’t want to see the upstairs. He could smell what it was. He didn’t need that vision. It was bad enough when it was not kin of his own, he didn’t want to see his kits.

“We do. Leave loki and james, and aria to stay with sith. Me and you’ll get the girls out of here.”Alex paused frowning a little. “....would cats give their dead back to the earth different then other fae?”he muttered, because they’d burned the other’s, but he didn’t want to offend on the lrds of the hunt, that would just get nasty.

"Fuck." James muttered, shaking his head. "Across Europe, all of them with their hearts torn out all of them half fey." James whispered. "it's just like the story books. whoever is doing this, they're looking for someone specific." James whispered, voicing the same opinion that Gabe had weeks ago. someone was systematically killing half fey in the search for someone specific. using the hearts to test for specific lineage and then using the hearts again to, most likely, search for the next victim. twenty five other bodies, just like this one.

"Are they always kids? are they always twins?" James wondered, looking at Gabe who just looked at Alex. it wasn't Gabe's place to tell the details. he wasn't really a cop after all. he gently set a hand on Alex's when he saw the twisting ring. he also knew Alex wanted that to be a secrete and Gabe was pretty sure he didn't want to yell it to the world either. not after what had happened to his first family. He looked at the Cat Sith, watching the others eyes widen and knew that Sith had some to the same conclusion as he had. for a moment, Gabe was terrified Sith would say something, because he knew Alex and James very well. Alex would hand himself over without a single ounce of hesitation. James would hesitate for a few seconds but ultimately, he would also turn himself over to die if it meant saving babies, adults, anyone.

"The Wild." James explained to Sith. "it takes me. i spent thirteen years lost in the woods." he admitted. "it wasn't until a friend of mine, Loki, managed to get some shields in my head that I was able to stop getting sucked in." he admitted. "i have no control, the shields are so fragile." He admitted, watching Sith. "My shields can break, they have before and i spent weeks in a mental hospital struggling to cut the connection." he admitted, watching Sith. "I have to live in the cities because otherwise I go mad. I'm really struggling right now. the earth here is... screaming at me. it's clawing at me, demanding my attention." he admitted, swallowing thickly. "Don't tell Alex but if i loose my shields here i don't think I'll be coming back from it." he admitted. "i need help and I'm desperate enough to ask even in a situation like this." he admitted softly, snapping his fingers at one of Aria's grunts. "Go and get some Coffee for everyone would you? we're going to need the Caffeine." a quick yes sir and the man was off to get some coffee.

"Good plan. I'll have the stretchers brought up." he promised. "There is a surviving family member here. we will ask the father what he wants to do for funeral arrangements." Gabe suggested, heading downstairs and coming up with the crew who carefully lifted each little girl into a body bag and hefted them and the stretchers out of the house before Sith took notice. they'd get the little girls cleaned up and then let him say his last goodbye's. the mother had already been removed.

Back
Top Bottom