Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Bargain Struck (Alvis & EveningSky)

Alvis Alendran

Supporter
Supporter
It was not an overly crowded place, the gym that he trained in. Well stocked, well equipped, but somewhat exclusive with it's membership, there would only be around 4 to five members in at a time, plus a few trainers to assist. Heavy bags and speed bags were set up at various points, along with weights of all descriptions to build raw strength. There were two open areas that were mainly used for sparring, along with one raised platform surrounded by ropes. In days gone by the gym had been one of the premier boxing training centers of the country, producing no fewer than five contenders in ten years. But times had changed, and boxing had largely faded from the public view. The owner, Everett Tallet had tried to keep the place going, but there just wasn't the money in boxing like it had been. Forced into retirement, the gym had changed hands a few times until a new owner had steped in, and converted the place over to a more MMA style of training. It kept the place afloat, but it just wasn't the same as before. The aura of prestige that had surrounded the place was a dull thing now, barely visible to any but some of the older coaches and trainers that still remembered the glory days.

The sound of fists striking pads carried well, and every now and again one of the memebrs would galce at teh raised ring, seeing the training going on there. An older man wore the pads, and provided targets for his student. The student was one that the gym was pinning it's hopes of regaining some traction.

He was a tall man, well over six feet, with dark hair kept cut close to the scalp, not quite a buzz cut, but not much more than that either. his face had a few scars on it, evidence of a rougher life than some, and his eyes were intense, a slate grey that seemed focused intently on whatever was before him. His hands were large, the knuckles scarred and callused, showing long years of hard wear and use. His arms were longer than average for his size, giving him prodigious reach. The rest of his frame was lean and weathered, no excess fat carried on him, and long line of honed corded muscle showed clearly.

"Come on Carl, I'm not here to play patty-cake." The older man taunted. His student, Carl, narrowed his gaze, and his hands whipped forward in a vicious combo, his left hooking in to hit one of the pads to knock it partly aside while the right came in with a long straight. It hit the older man right in the forehead, and sent him tot he floor in a heap.
"Patty-cake that old man." He drawled, leaning forward to offer him a hand up. The older man took it.
"What did I say about hitting me like that?"
"That it was impulsive and manly?"
"Sort of, but I think the exact words I used were 'please don't do that, I'm too old.' But maybe I made a mistake?"
"Gotta keep you on your toes as much as I am." The older man chuckled, adn swat his shoulder, moving to the corner to recover his wits. Carl moved off to the other corner, stretching out his frame, and looking around at the other members. Two regular guys that he'd seen in here more than once, and...a pair of ladies that he wasn't familiar with. He found his gaze lingering on them a moment more than a simple notice would have taken. There was interest there. Granted, he wasn't exactly at his best, but he grabbed a towel and mopped his brow before starting to climb out of the ring. If nothing else they were close enough to the drink machine to make an excuse for coming around.

"A twenty minute lunch Dani" Megan rolled her gorgeous ocean blue eyes. The blonde beauty spoke in animated tones, walking elegantly along the sidewalk of the busy city streets. Danielle flagging a taxi down, ignoring the protest of her irritated friend. Loud honks, and revving engines, tracks rattling under the speed and force of the trains. Vendors decorating parts of the sidewalk, selling the kind of street food that tickled the palette. The bustling of the city was a stark contrast to where both girls were headed. Bridgeport district, located twenty minutes outside the city. From the concrete jungle to green glades. Both places seemed like opposite ends of the spectrum, yet rested so closely to each. Two sides of the same coin.

Megan worked for a company that dabbled in many things including real estate. The blonde blue eyed slim girl stood at 5"8, the black knee length dress she wore accentuating her long legs. The kind men loved looking at and thinking about in the bedroom. Megan was in all aspects a southern belle, most noticeably in her light accent. Danielle however, the complete opposite. Sitting on the chubbier end of the scale gave her an average appeal. Coupled with chocolate brown eyes, dark hair and a 5"3 frame. Unlike Megan Danielle was currently unemployed and looking for a job.

When both girls arrived at the address given to Megan by her boss Danielle was dumbfounded. Steven Richardson was a man who wanted to get his hands on anything that could rake in revenue. "He interrupted your lunch to send you here..." Danielle opened the door, stepping into the mixed martial arts gym.

Testosterone and sweat immediately assaulted their nostrils "I just have to meet the current owner. He's been dodging our calls for weeks." Megan's eyes quickly scanned the large area, her eyes briefly stopping on the two men in the netted ring.

"Can I help you?" A young girl in gym shorts and a bright pink jacket sitting behind what looked like a sad excuse for of a reception desk asked. "You can, my name's Megan Easton I'm from the Richardson and Co. I'd like to meet the owner of the property." Danielle smiled proudly at the confidence Megan exuded, professional and to the point. "Wait over there" the girl point to a few seats near a drink stand. Instead of sitting the girls stood, speaking quietly to one another. Richardson and Co wanted to purchase the property and close down the gym. Replacing it with a shopping plaza that would prove profitable in that part of Bridgeport.

Carl got to the drinks machine, and reached to the top He rapped it sharply on the top, and it shuddered, spitting out a Gatorade. he fished it out and drained half of the bottle in one pull. He turned to look at the two women. His gaze was rather frank, appraising, and showed no real concern or nervousness of them.
"You. Do not look like you're here looking for a membership." He observed dryly, leaning on the drink machine, and quirking a half smile. If he was being honest with himself, it looked cocky, it looked almost smug, but not quite. At his height the lean was also so he didn't completely tower over both of them, as he was better than a foot taller than the shorter of the two. "And that, leaves me all kinds of curious about what bring a pair of professional looking ladies to Pallet' gym."

James Markus was an ambitious man, prone to making business choices that kept him consatantly on the edge of either riches or ruin. And if he was honest, he liked it like that. Pallet's Gym was a potentially losing gamble, if they couldn't claw back some credibility in a hurry. That meant a contender. And that basically meant Carl. But for the moment, the rent was paid, and the place was in as good a shape as he could make it. That also meant that he had to keep the vultures at bay. Being outside of town had it's advantages. There was no way any of these big shots would actually stoop so low as to send someone in person-
"Mr. Markus?" A voice said at his door.
"Yeah Billie?" He answered the girl from the desk.
"There's someone here to see you from Richardson and Co. Wanted to talk to you? Sounds official."
"Billie, this is a fucking members only establishment. I don't care if they have Pope hats on-"
"Miter. The Pope wears a miter."
"Thank you Billie for that clarification! So I do not care if they have 'miters' on..." he actually did air quotes around the word, emphasizing his displeasure. "...they don't come in without an appointment."
"They said you'd been dodging your phone."
"Because I don't want to fucking talk to them!"
"But they're here now...?" James sighed, and put his face in his hands.
"You're lucky you're cute Billie. Fine. Bring them in." BIllie nodded, adn left.

Muffled shouting carried to Carl's ears.
"Oo, James is in rare form today. Wonder what's pissed him off." He observed. Billie was on her way over to them, still smiling.

Not very engrossed in their conversation Danielle noticed the sweaty muscular guy striding confidently toward the drink machine near them. Megan's attention was caught by a loud bang, she turned coming face to face with the tall handsome stranger. She watched him guzzle half his sports drink in one pull like a thirsty elephant. They grey hues that stared at them quite unwavering reminded her of a alpha lion. Megan blinked, holding it for a second. Trying to remove the thought of elephants from her mind. For the man standing before her was clearly not of the animal kingdom.

"No, we aren't here for a membership." Megan's answer had been quite dry. Producing a small smile from Danielle, it was obvious to her that the guy had been caught like all other's by Megan. "Are you a professional fighter?" Megan inquired, giving him a once over. Danielle took a seat, giving them the privacy they needed to engage in small talk. Something that is usually accompanied by flirting, but Megan was never that easy. If was indeed a professional fighter, Megan would be his toughest match yet' Danielle thought. If not then he did not stand a chance.

Shouting could be heard from the small hallway where the young underdressed receptionist disappeared too a few moments ago. Not long after did the ruckus cease and the girl appeared again with a smile. "Is she always smiling?" Her eyes met the shirtless stranger. "He's waiting for you in his office" Megan smirked. She was about to make Richardson richer. Danielle stayed seated when Megan followed the girl into the hallway to conduct her business. Her eyes strayed towards the guy still leaning on the machine "She's not going to give in easily, your cockiness won't make it easier " that was her little piece of advice for the sweaty stranger.

"Mr Markus" Billie gently knocked on the door. Already knowing that he expected the representative from Richardson and Co she opened the door allowing the lady to enter. "Hello, I'm Megan Easton from Richardson and Co" She entered the man's small office. Taking a seat on one of the chairs placed directly in front his desk. She needed no invitation, Megan was good at what she did. Just like all others, she'd get James Markus to sell one way or another.

Carl smiled at Megan's question.
"Nah, I'm a ballet dancer. I just come here to fill some time between recitals." He drawled. His smile didn't change. As Billie approached, he had to grin. "Yeah, actually she is. Little ray of sunshine our Billie." As Meagan walked past towards the office. He didn't envy her if James was already wound up. But then maybe he didn't envy James either. She didn't seem like the type of woman to back down or take shit from anyone. He could respect that in a woman.

As the other woman spoke up, Carl turned his gaze to her. She wasn't as stunning as her friend, but she had a certain appeal to her as well. She seemed a bit more down to earth as well, a little less high society.
"Never met a challenge I didn't like." He answered her, moving away from the drink maching, getting close enough that he could talk to her without raising his voice. "So with your statement, I'd guess that makes you the best friend, or a least the very good one. Am I right?"

James was about to answer the knock when the door opened. She came in and sat before he said anything. james felt his ire rising, and glared out at Billie who just closed the door, still smiling that irritatingly perky smile. He'd call her stupid, but he knew she wasn't. As the new woman spoke, he found out her name.
"Good for you, should I get you a medal? Before you say anything like my attitude being unco-operative, or starting us off on the wrong foot, I know that. And that should be a good indicator on how happy I am to have you here." James snarked, flashing a bright, sarcastic smile at the end of it all.

Danielle gave the man a look of indifference "You aren't wrong" they were friends and really good ones at that. "We've known each other since college" It was a friendship that blossomed quickly. Danielle left her home in Bridgeport to attend college in the city as did Megan. The southern beauty stayed behind after gaining an internship position at Richardson and Co. A job that turned permanent after a few months of Megan's hard work and dedication. Danielle an english major, had the opportunity to teach abroad in Costa Rica for her internship program. Nothing solid came from it, leaving Danielle unemployed and back at her parents doorstep. Despite being separated the girls got together a few times a week for clubbing and lunch. She blinked a few times bringing herself back to the present moment. "So trust me when I tell you she's worth the challenge" She smiled tucking away a strand of her long dark wavy hair behind her ear. The olive coloured complexion of her hand against the darkness her hair and eyes always created quite an exotic sight.

Megan smiled tightly, like a young boy pulling at his slingshot trying desperately to see how far he could make his stone fly. Smiles like those were often needed in her line of work. It helped her remain calm and collected. Giving her prey a sense of security in return.

"All I need is to make an appointment with you to see my boss." She removed a black folder from her bag. Slipping James Markus an official document across his wooden table. "Everything you need to know about our company is in there." Megan leaned back comfortably "As well as our offering price, which more or less can be negotiated if you come down to the office" Richardson and Co did not know how much Mr Markus would ask for. It was Megan's job to know what the property was worth. If done correctly James Markus could bump one million to three in a meeting with Steven. The ball was now in his court, Megan provided figures no sane man could ignore. How much did the legendary gym mean to its current owner

Carl only smiled at her.
"Worth the challenge. That's a good sign. But I had a hunch about that. And if you're the a long time friend of hers...anything you might be able to do to help a guy out? Give him a leg up in the running? A challenge is all well and good, but it never hurts to stack the deck a little if you can manage it." Carl explained. He mopped his brow again, and sat down near her. Far enough away that he wouldn't be invading her space, or even getting familiar in terms of distance. But it acknowledged that he as interested in working with her.

The same could not be said about James.

James did open the folder, did look at thigns within. It all made perfect logical sense. The gym was a gamble, and if it failed, he was poised to lose a fair amount. He'd survive, but he'd be on the back foot for the next few years, getting himself back in a position to make another venture. And that wasn't a pleasant thought. Ont he other hand, even he could see the development potential of the land Pallet's Gym was on. A developer with some ambition could make a fortune, and he knew Richardson was nothing if not ambitious. His reputation was impeccable in that department. He was good to his word too. There were a lot less pleasant options to pursue than this one. And the money, even the starting value, would put him way in the black for at least a few years. He closed the folder, and set it on the desk again, leaning back.
"Appointment, eh? Lemme think, what day is it...the 15th...I think I'll have an opening on the 17th. So put me down for a meeting on the 17th in 3015, and we'll talk. Okay, work for you?" He gave another smile, and laced his fingers together.

"So you're a fighter and a gambler huh" Danielle instinctively tugged the denim jacket she wore over her navy blue knee length dress tighter around her plump body when he sat down. Truth be told the self conscious girl had not made eye contact till he brought himself to her level. His grey eyes took her by surprise, she had never seen someone with the misty hues before. Grey was quite an uncommon colour, yet something told Danielle the man behind it was quite uncommon as well.

"Megan isn't a deck of cards." Her eyes moved away from the guy to the ring in the middle of the gym. " What if I help you and you hurt her." This time she looked directly at him " I don't know one thing about you, She could be a notch you'd like to hook onto your belt." Her eyes slowly did a once over his body "Isn't that what guys like you do?" She prayed he understood it from her perspective " Pursuing her on your own is one thing. Wanting my help to do it." Danielle shook her head "That is something that requires getting to know you a whole lot better than a twenty minute conversation" She was not about to set Megan up with a handsome stranger without knowing if he was truly serious or chasing a tail. "How could you be serious about someone you've just met" she murmmed, a statement that could be considered jealousy.

Megan couldn't hide her smile when James Markus agreed to a date. She jotted down the appointment date along with his name and the name of the gym. "You've just taken a step in the right direction" Megan stood, turning to leave his office. "Just out of curiosity what would happen to the wannabes training here?"

Carl kept his eyes on Danielle, his shoulders hunching slightly, working the kinks loose in them. She was making some fine points, and thus far hadn't actually outright said no, but was reluctant to be certain. ANd who could blame her, people like him did have something of a reputation to them, and it wasn't a favourable one.
"Well, I don't really wear a belt too often, so you can be sure I'm not looking to make her a notch. And as for the assertation about guys like me, I'd be insulted if I didn't know that guys like me have kind of a crumby reputation, so that's fair. But you know what I'm not hearing?" He asked, cocking his head. "I'm not hearing no. I'm hearing maybe. Like you're not opposed to it, but you want to make sure that this is in everyone's best interests. And that's fair, I'm not unreasonable. SO tell me. What would I have to do to convince you that I'm on the up and up?"

James smiled as she was walking away.
"Just check that date, I want to make sure you didn't pen me in early. The 17th of this month in the year 3015. That's the first time I'll have an opening." He said with a smirk. "And as for the members, some would find other places, others would be out of luck. But that wouldn't be your concern, or your problem, now would it?"

When he mentioned not wearing a belt Danielle's eyes traveled down his glistening chest to the shorts he wore. Quickly she averted her eyes before any of the wrong messages were sent. "Crumby indeed" Danielle knew his type perfectly. The athlete that got what they wanted, leaving only heart break behind. Running through girls like a tornado. Entering their lives without much warning , leaving them no time to prepare. Girls completely caught in their twister of sweet words and affection. Danielle relaxed her shoulders, her eyes staring right back at him. She stared as if his grey eyes would dissolve, allowing his soul to reveal itself. " Why do you care what I think?" Her words were barely a whisper.

Somewhere deep down in those eyes of his she saw something. Maybe her mind conjured up a reflection of something that it knew Danielle could relate too. She was being the thing that she hated the most, a judgemental person. That was what she saw in those engaging grey eyes of his. The reflection of herself, the reflection of her passing judgement on someone she barely knew. The reflection of a Bitch.

"Fine..." Danielle cleared her throat, pulling herself away from his intense gaze. She scribbled her number onto a yellow sticky note, pressing it against his bicep. "If you're honestly interested in my beautiful friend after you've gone home, showered, masturbated and slept well..." Her eyes found his with a small smile " Call me..."

Megan turned and gave Mr Markus a tight smile " You'll call us on the 17th of next month. That's the day your offer expires. Enjoy the rest of your day" She opened the door, exiting the office with a satisfied smile. When she entered the main area Danielle and the ballet dancer were chatting. Megan walked towards the pair confidently. "Are you harassing my friend?" She joked.

Carl cocked his head as she whispered. He heard her, well enough anyway, and it gave him pause. but at that volume, it wasn't meant for him. He knew that. And she spoke again before he'd formulated a good response. He had to smirk as she scribbled the note, and pressed it onto him. He plucked it free.
"Well, thank you very much..." he looked at the note, seeing her name on it. "...Danielle. I'm Carl, and you should be hearing from me soon I think."

James looked after her, and raised a middle finger at her back as she left. Spitfire, that one. He liked that in a person. She was good at what she did. Still, not really caring, he tossed the folder with the information into a drawer and shut it. Well, he'd likely know in less than a month if he was screwed. If Carl got his act together properly, got himself in the ring and did well, he would make the call to tell the people to go fly a kite. Or that he was selling, because the alternative was worse.

Carl looked up as Megan returned, and asked after her friend.
"I am absolutely harassing her. It's been brutal, vicious. I think she's on the verge of tears! You just managed to save her." He quipped back, smiling at Megan, but winking at Danielle. Ensuring that his right hand was dry, he extended it to Megan. "I'm Carl. Good to meet you. Hope James didn't blister your ears too badly."

" Dani is my precious..." She took his hand "Don't make me have to deal with you at one of your recitals like I dealt with James" Megan gave him a light shake and a flirtatious smile. Megan's mood had been due to her assumed success with Markus James. Danielle knew it very well, she had been privy to many of her friend's excited text messages and boost in confidence whenever things worked in her favour. Such was the normal human response to anything positive.

Megan had gotten caught in his stare and the feel of his hands. Gentle yet rough. "I'm Megan, nice to meet you too" she slipped her hands from his. "Dani I need to get back" Megan left Carl's gaze, focusing on her friend.

Danielle observed both Carl and Megan. Both confident in what they set out to do. Whether or major or minor. The way Carl asserted himself to Danielle and now with Megan gave him away easily. He was as confident as they came. Career wise both Carl and Megan were set on excelling in their respective fields. Coupled with the eye contact and sexual tension that a simple gesture such a handshake created. They were perfect, quite perfect for each other.

"I figured" Danielle grinned.

Just like that both girls left Pallets gym. Megan returning to work, leaving her deal with Mr Markus simmer. Unbeknownst to her a future lover in the form of a witty professional mixed martial arts fighter. If both girls had foreseen their turbulent future that would commence upon entering Pallets gym. Would they have set foot inside. Or ran for the hills.

Danielle entered her childhood home, a cozy house in the middle class suburbs of Bridgeport. "I'm home" she shouted trudging up to her bedroom. The lilac walls and coconut scented incense that burned in a wooden holder on her white vanity welcomed the young woman to her haven. The stillness of the atmosphere and lack of response told her that the parents she expected to meet where not there. Danielle fixed herself microwaved pizza with a tall cold glass of ginger ale and sat in front her computer. All thought of Carl gone.

Carl smiled at Megan a little wider, liking the pluck that she had. She was a scrapper this one. He'd keep that in mind. He paused a moment, watching htem both leave. It was a view he didn't object to. He gave himself a shake, and then turned back to the gym itself. Time for some general workout, get his mind back inthe game. He ahd a bout in a few days, and wanted to be at his best for it.

Getting home was a good feeling for Carl. The apartment wasn't large, but it was kept immaculate. A place for everything, and everything in it. It was a way of making sure that he knew exactly where to get something when he needed it. And once the systemw as set up, it was easy enough to maintain. He smiled, remembering the checklist that Danielle had given him. He was home. Time for a shower.

Hot water was good, sluicing the layers of sweat off of him, putting him in a much better place mentally. And he was still thinking that calling Danielle was a good idea. But he'd sleep on it, see how he felt in the morning. He let himself drift off to sleep.

When he was up in the morning, he muddled his way through the morning, breakfast, until he had enough coffee that the world made sense again. He found the post-it note, adn made the call to Danielle. Time to roll the ball.

Everyday like clockwork Danielle would go to the city for job interviews. When there were none lined up she would hand in her resumé instead. Living off her parents were becoming stressful for them. Her father worked at a law firm for 32 years, her mother already retired from nursing. Just as Danielle stepped out from the coffee shop where she had a nice glazed donut her cellphone rang. "Who's this" the number she did not recognize, yet answered anyway. "Hello.." As soon as Danielle realised who it was she groaned.

Carl was quite persistent she'd give him that. In her current situation Danielle was not in the position to help him hook up with Megan without there being something in it for her. "If you are truly interested then let's meet" She hailed a taxi already planning to end her job hunt for the day and head back to Bridgeport. All she needed from Carl was a time and place.

The only thing Carl could offer her was his gym. If Danielle got a free gym she could lose weight, and in turn use her body to make money. Her brain and college degree did not seem to be making the cut at the moment. Many women used their body to get by till they could land something legitimate. In college there were many girls stripping for extra cash, or dating men who could provide them with the money to pay for what was needed in return for their companionship. Whether Danielle was going to be a stripper, sugar baby or serve drinks at a dive bar in a bikini was not on her mind. First order of business was to get the body she needed then work on getting the job.

Carl had a fluttering moment of doubt. Okay, so yes, she'd said to call her if he was serious abuot this. But on some level, talking to Danielle solely to get him hooked up with her friend was a little...sleazy maybe? He wasn't one hundred percent sure. It was hard to say. Still, she was following through on her end.
"All right then. Orlais Cafe. Corner of 56th and Main, 2 hours from now? See you there." He hung up, and let out a sigh. Well, he was going to at least go this far.

Orlais Cafe was a neat little novelty cafe in the town. Trying so desperately to be like a Parisian cafe in the middle of a city that had none of the culture and heritage of Paris was a losing bet, but they served damn fine food and coffee, so the place kept trucking along. Carl liked the place, and the fact that the owner and he had been friends back in college helped quite a bit. There was always a table for him, no matter how busy it was. Carl settled into a chair. He knew he was early, but the ambiance was nice enough to take in. Besides, he did have to justify this on some level, and a good cup of coffee always helped him through that.

He told the satff to keep an eye out for Danielle, make sure she got to him. He sighed, drank from his coffee, and waited.

Danielle stood in front the cafe, staring up at the sign. It was not because she had been in awe of the design or that she was early. In fact Carl expected her half an hour ago. There would be no going back on the promise that made. Yet she found difficult to move forward after what had been running through her mind all day. The moment she stepped in Orlais Cafe would be a defining moment in her life. To her it meant agreeing with herself to use her body to get by until a proper job was offered. Never did Danielle see herself as that type of girls, who did see themselves as that type. Desperate times called for desperate measures.

Just go inside

No risk, no reward

Danielle took a deep breath and swung open the cafe door, the little bell attached to the top chimed. Indicating a new customer had entered. The girl behind the counter smiled waving Danielle over
"Are you Danielle?" She asked politely
"I am.."
"Carl told us to keep an eye out for you. He's at the table to the back"
"Thank you" Danielle flashed her an appreciative smile.

"Hey" she waved awkwardly at Carl sitting in his seat, sipping on what she assumed to be coffee. "Sorry I'm late" Danielle took the seat opposite him. Her hands carefully smoothing her skirt out in an attempt to calm her nerves.

Carl smiled as Danielle approached the table.
"Don't worry about it, this place can be a nuisance to find. And a little intimidating if you're not a regular. But you made it! That's the important part." Carl said with a smile. As he finished, a waitress approached. "Hey Cheryl. Get the lady here anythign she'd like, and put it on my account." The waitress nodded, and paused a moment, getting an order from Danielle before heading off.

This wasn't a usual situation for Carl. usually if he decided to pursue a girl, he just went at it head first, adn saw how it went. But he had the suspicion that a lot of guys might try that with Megan, and it might not get them anywhere. You woudl want to know what you were doing ahead of time. Of course it wasn't going to help that Megan was goign to be dealing with James, and that tended to sour almost anyone's mood. Except Billie, but Carl hadn't ruled out Billie being on some kind of prescription that just prevented her from feeling anything but happy.

"So...where do we go from here Danielle?" He asked her without his smile wavering. One thing that Carl had to admit, was that Danielle seemed like a genuinely nice girl, and he had to admit that he wasn't fond of putting her in this position. But she had offered. And he wasn't going to turn down an opportunity.

It is not because I could not find the cafe Danielle placed her purse on the table allowing Carl to believe whatever he wanted. Her true intentions for what she was about to ask of him did not need to be revealed now nor later on. When Carl called over the young girl Danielle had just picked up the menu, scanning quickly before ordering a glass of orange juice with extra ice.

Danielle took a deep breath before coming clean "I'll help you with Megan if you help me in return" Cheryl laid the tall glass on Orange juice with extra ice and a red straw on the table. "Help me lose weight.." Danielle placed her mouth over the straw sucking hard. Waiting on Carl's reaction, half expecting to laugh and call her insane.

Carl heard her out, and leaned back, cocking his head to the side, and looking at her. From a quick examination, he coudl see on some level why she might want to shed a few pounds, but then again, she carried herself very well. She didn't look over-heavy, still coudl draw the eye pretty easily. he had to admit, maybe he'd missed that fact before because she'd been in close proximity to Megan, adn that was a hard woman to ignore. But her request was, in a lot of ways, mroe than fair all things considering.

"Okay. That sounds like a fair enough deal. I can get you a membership at Pallet's gym, sponsor you in the door. What's your schedule like, how often did you want to meet to work on this, how much are you looking to lose...heck, what kind of build did you want to end with when we're done? If you're just looking to shed a couple pounds, get in better shape, that's easy enough. A lean fighters build is doable with some more work. Or are you looking to bulk up some, carry that muscle openly?" He asked, leaning forward somewhat. There was no judgement in his eyes, only an honest kind of curiosity.

Danielle grinned at his response, feeling a sense of relief wash over her. "First things first, my schedule is free because I'm currently unemployed" She bit her lip gently feeling highly embarrassed "I won't be able to afford a membership..." Carl was not slow, Danielle did not have to spell ot out for him. Taking on the job of helping her shed the pounds would mean paying for her membership or finding another way to get her into his gym.

"If you can't find a way maybe we can do it in the park or something. My goal isn't to look like you, more like a Victoria secrets model without losing my ass or breasts." Underneath all the layers Danielle had an amazing shape. She had always been told her hour glass figure was what every girl wanted. Deep down she loved herself, loved her big thighs, small waist and medium breasts. However society did not, in order to be accepted for the jobs she would be considering she'd have to be like everyone else. "I don't really understand what you're saying, about bulking or whatever. I'm not looking to be a fighter" she laughed, her smile lighting up her eyes. "You don't even have to help a lot, just get me into the gym..." That was all she was asking.

Carl nodded as she spoke, answering the questions easily enough.
"Okay, well, the membership costs won't be a problem. James owes me a few favours, so letting your fees slide will be a simple enough process. So we'll get you in, no problem. As for helping you out while you're there, that's not a problem either. If I'm not in training myself, then I'll have time enough to help. And no offense, but if you don't know what you're doing when you work out, you might not get the result you're looking for. So...I'll be around for you." He told her, he leaned back in his chair, his mind already going to what he could do to help her out with this, to shape her the way she wanted to.

"We'll put a bit of muscle on you, it'll actually help you get the shape you're looking for. And some of what you'll be doing to rok on your arms and shoulder will probably be some boxing. So if nothing else, as a bonus to getting in shape, you'll know how to throw a decent punch. Which everyone can use at some point or another. So, how many times in a week did you want to meet up for this?" He asked, nodding as he settled some of his plans in his head. Frankly this was a lot less of a chore than he'd feared it might be. And if helping Danielle get the shape she wanted was the price to pay for her help, well...done.

Danielle watched the way Carl's eyes retreated, like a snake pulling back it's head to shoot out at the prey. She could tell that his mind had been reeling with different things he could do to help her achieve what she wanted. Danielle knew then that agreeing to help and actually caring about her goals where two different things. Carl seemed to really think it through, putting together workouts that would give her the maximum results. He was a pro, it would not be difficult for him to half ass it to get the girl he wanted.

"Since this process could take a year, we should put a time limit. You do not want to be waiting too long for a date with Megan I assume. We don't know how fast I'll reach where I want to go. Not to mention you still have your career." It wouldn't be fair to Carl to wait until Danielle got what she wanted. Danielle herself was not even sure she would succeed, but she was willing to try. " Three months seems sufficient. In those three months I can probably get you a date. I'll give you certain information and ya know...parade you in front her face...make her take notice...drop hints that sort of thing. So when you do ask it should be a yes" Her brown eyes met Carl's grey ones "Deal?" Danielle extended her hand across the table to seal the deal. He would help her and she'd help him get the girl of his dreams. They both would win.

"You are more than reasonable for this. So, in three months or less you'll get me a date. But so you know? Even after we've accomplished that, I'll keep working with you until you get where you want to be. After all, you're setting me up with a starting point for what should be a relationship. Only seems fair I see you through to the end of things. And besides, if you can put up with a big sweaty meat-head of a guy, we might both end up with a friend out of this." Carl offered with a smile.

"You seem a decent person. Loyal to your friend. Reasonable. And you're cute. I think we can be friends if you're up for it." He winked at her as he finished his statement. Call him what you would, Carl did like people. And Danielle seemed to be the kind of person that was worth spending some time with, no matter the circumstances. "If you swing by the gym tomorrow afternoon, I can have all the papers to fill out with Billie, and we can get you all signed up and ready to go. And then we can get started."

James actually hesitated over his drawer. On some level he had the urge to call the company just to chew them out. If he did that they might send their representative back here. Say what you would about her, she broke up the day, and was fun to verbally spar with. But then they might give her shit for how he acted, and while he didn't appreciate her firm getting in his face, she was just doing her job, and that was not somethign someone should be punished for. He left the drawer closed.

"Well, that would be nice if you. Considering that I'm not really the working out type, as you can probably tell" Danielle was grateful that Carl would see her through till the end. Sitting in the cafe with him was completely different from the gym. He didn't seem like much of a fighter, just regular Joe, having a cup of Joe. "I guess I could be your friend, or your wing woman" She shrugged with a smile.

Danielle knew what Carl was trying to do. Part of her wanted to let him know he had nothing to worry about. She listened to the part that made her keep quiet. His compliments about her being reasonable and cute had been a blatant friend zone. He belonged to Megan, that was the reason they were both striking such a ridiculous bargain. The fact that she was currently in a relationship drew the line as well. Danielle was not that type of girl to steal her friend's guy and cheat on her boyfriend. Carl had nothing to worry about.

Normally being called cute made her feel less. When Carl used the word to describe her she felt nothing. Danielle did not know if it was due to her age, the fact that she would yearn to be considered beautiful as a teenager. Yet as an adult she learned to a accept that everyone had their place on the spectrum, and cute was the column she fell into. Or could she credit it to the fact that she did not view Carl as a man of interest. He could say whatever he pleased of her, she did not care what he thought.

Danielle cleared her throat and grabbed her purse "I'll be there tomorrow then, and I'll walk with my things to start right away. I can workout around your schedule, whenever you aren't training shoot me text or call." She stood fixing the white high waisted skirt she wore with a black top tucked neatly inside. "I really need to go, I've got to meet someone" She bid Carl goodbye and left Orlais Cafe with a smile. Unaware of the woman she would become in the next three months.

Carl nodded as she left him to the last of his coffee. Cheryl came by with the bill, and he paid the tab, leaving a generous tip. He lef teh cafe himself, and head for the gym.

Billie was smiling as he went in, surprising no one.
"Hey, can you draw me up a set of membership papers? I've got someone to sponsor in." Billie nodded, and pulled out a stack of papers, beginning to get them in order to be filled out as easily as possible. Carl in the meantime, head for James office.
"Carl, Carl, come in, what can I do for you?" The owner said amiably.
"Calling in a solid, James." The other amn cocked his head curiously.
"What do you need? Tell me it's not a loan, I'm paying you pretty well already I think."
"No no. I'm sponsoring someone into the gym. As a favour, I need you to waive off the membership fees for awhile. At least a year would be good." James just stared.
"Why would I do this?"
"Because I walked your daughter to school for a month after that jack-ass tried to get super handsy on her, which ended up with me breaking hs jaw into five pieces."
"Oh yeah. That. Okay, deal, I won't fight you on this."
"Thanks James. I'll get back to work."

The day had wound down the same way it usually did, with Carl doing what he could to build himself up just a little more, hone his skills just a touch more. And ti ended as always with a long shower at home, and falling into bed. Working out and training for a living was harder than people thought.

Back
Top Bottom