Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Demon Hunters (Malfrost and Blueberryfox14)

Malfrost

Star
Satoshi Yugo let out a sigh as he woke up in the bed of the inn where he and his partner had spent the night. They had just gotten done saving the village from a feral griffon. He let out a yawn and stretched as he looked up at the ceiling, without them...this village would most likely have been destroyed. The pay wasn't the best in the world, but they had been given a decent amount of gold and a place to stay for a few days before they headed out to their next job.

Twas the life of Reapers as they were known, they had no home and wandered from village to village and to city and castles to take care of demons and monsters. Each Reaper was trained from a young age to be killers and were infused with magical powers to combat the supernatural. Satoshi didn't think of any of that though, he just like to help people...that is what he lived for. He looked around his room for his partner, she was not in the bed across the room, he wondered where she was at. He didn't think too much on it, she could take care of herself after all.

Makoto Suzuki sat quietly at the bar as the inn keeper spoke. "I really do owe you both a great bit of gratitude miss. Our residential Reapers have been out of town for quite some time now." The girl simply smiled before gently placing her hand on the old man's. "It's not something every town is equipped for. I'm just glad we made it on time."

The girl watched as the man sighed in relief before going back to her breakfast. The sun was almost completely in sky and here she was without Satoshi eating. 'Lazy bum!' the girl thought as she finished her meal. She supposed she would simply have to wake him up forcibly then. And with that Makoto thanked the inn keeper and walked back to her room. Perhaps pouring a bucket of water would do the trick. Or a Garden Snake beneath the sheets. The ideas were flowing and it was only a matter of time before one was put into use.
Makoto froze though as she entered the room only to discover partner slowly waking up. "Any later and I would have been forced to do something despicable, Sleeping Beauty." The girl teased as she slowly made her way to the edge of bed. She flopped back and sighed as the soft cushion caught her. This so beats sleeping in the woods.

Satoshi saw Makoto enter the room and he let out a groan. "When did you become such a hard ass? We killed a griffon yesterday, I think that warrants sleeping in a little, don't you?" Satoshi asked with a laughed as he got up out of bed and stretched. The trappings of civilization were certainly much nicer then living out in the wild. Even a small village like this had luxuries like hot bathes one could take.

That is how Satoshi planned to wake up. He popped his back and looked over to Makoto. "I'm going to go take a bath in the spring they have here, care to join me?" He didn't think anything of the invitation. After all, they had been together since they were teenagers, and he certainly didn't think anything of it when he saw her naked or vice versa. "I heard its one of the best springs around, supposedly it heals the soul as well as the body!" he said with a laugh as he looked towards he gave his partner a smile. "So, will you be joining me? I plan to get a mug of coffee and then take a dip." He stated his intentions plainly. After all, they could discuss their plans on where to go next while they relaxed. Seemed like a win-win to him.

Makoto smirked as she listened to the young man whine. "And when did you become such a pansy?" She teased. "Sleeping in and hot springs? What are you an aristocrat?" The girl giggled as she slowly got up and considered her options. A soak did sound nice and the alone time would allow for some planning. "A hot spring soak it is. I'll grab a towel and meet you down there then." Makoto grinned as she thought of the relaxation. It was true in times of desperation the duo had soaked in the nude but now the girl could comfortably enjoy the bath, with the time and discretion of a lady. No need to be quick and simple.

The blonde smacked her partner playfully in the back of the head before grabbing what she needed from the bathing area and descending down the stairs. How that goofball became a notable Reaper the world would never know. "So this is the brave young miss who saved our town yesterday?" A deep voice spoke at the bottom the of the stairs. "A little pretty to be killing things don't you think?" Makoto sighed as she looked at the man. Middle aged and yellow teeth. The village idiot perhaps? "Beauty has nothing to do with killing. A Venus Flytrap looks nothing but comfortable to the simple minded fly."

"Hey, I'm hardly a pansy. I'm just enjoying what the village has to offer!" Satoshi feigned being insulted as he flashed Makoto a scowl that was more funny then frightening. "After all, when in Novos, do as the Novians do." Satoshi let out a cheesy quote in reference to one of the capitals of a nearby kingdom. Novos was one of the richest cities in the world, where one could find anything they ever wanted, for the right price of course. While this village was no magnificent jewel of a city, he intended to enjoy everything it had to offer. After all, they had just saved it.

"Right, see you down there in a bit then." He acknowledged her as he too grabbed a bath towel nearby. Instead of heading down to the springs with his partner though, he moved to the innkeeper and spoke with him. "Innkeep! One mug of coffee please, as black as a moonless night!" Satoshi chuckled as he took a seat at the bar. Thankfully, everything was free for them at the inn as part of their payment. As the man brewed up his coffee, he struck up a conversation with the Reaper. "I have to say, you two make quite a team, took down that griffon like it was nothing!" He exclaimed while Satoshi laughed. "It was nothing, just doing our jobs after all! We are always glad to help out however we can!" He flashed the innkeeper a smile, letting the man know that he genuinely enjoyed his job. Most Reapers resented the fact that they had ever been trained for such a life, but not Satoshi.

"You two a couple? It seems that way." The innkeep spoke inquisitively and Satoshi just waved him off nonchalantly with a grin as he gripped the piping hot mug of coffee that was handed to him. "Nah, we are just childhood friends and co-workers. I'm pretty sure she would kill me or worse if I ever asked her out on a date." He joked as he took a sip and let out a blissful sigh. "Damn fine coffee, sir! Damn fine!"

The man's eyes grew wide as he heard the blonde's reply. Oh this was going to be good. "It's not wise to provoke the people of this town miss." The man replied with gritted teeth. "Our hospitality only lasts for so long." So she had been rude then? Makoto smirked before sashaying to where the man stood. "Do you wish to challenge me Sweetie? Griffons have talons and dragons have scales. A human is only good with his sword or magic." Softly the girl reached a hand and patted the man on the head. "I'm afraid you have neither on you my dear and I was hoping not to make a mess of your local Inn."

The man froze in his tracks as the full effect of the Reaper's confidence took effect. He hadn't expected her to make light of him so effortlessly. It was the interesting thing about most men. They didn't know how to handle a confident woman. Threats and compliments were meant to manipulate and yet Makoto stood ready to do return the favor tenfold. Amusingly, the man's eyes dropped to the floor as he slowly walked away. Oh his knuckles were white. Someone wasn't a happy camper. This man would be on her watch list. A weak opponent but one that might use cowardice to face her in the future.

The familiar sound of her partner lead the blonde back towards her innkeeper. "I'll have you know I don't kill when it comes to romance Satoshi." She teased. "The lose of a limb or two seems sufficient enough." And with that the girl ruffled her partner's hair and headed toward the spring to wait. Knowing Satoshi, he'd take his own sweet time finishing that damn drink.

Satoshi was unaware of little interaction Makoto had just had with the man at the stairs. He was busy enjoying his coffee when he felt a hand brush his hair. He blushed slightly as he glared at his partner, indicating that he didn't seem amused by her teasing. "I'm sure you'd make an exception for me though...and besides, without my limbs, I'd be out of a job!" He joked back with her as she walked. Still, he didn't want to keep her waiting for too long. He knew she wasn't the most patient woman around, so he enjoyed his coffee, but he enjoyed more quickly then he would have liked. The things he did for that girl.

"Thank you very much for the coffee say, it was delicious!" He praised the barkeeper and his brew before he grabbed his towel and made his way to the hot spring. There was a dressing room with storage space right before the spring. He had only headed out a few minutes after Makoto, so he figured this is where he would find her. "Hey, Makoto, you in here yet?" He called out into the dressing room before he walked in.

Makoto had neatly changed and folded her clothes before heading into the spring, towel in toe. Her hair up in a messy bun ontop of her head, the girl wrapped the towel around her before slowly entering the water. Perfect. The blonde sighed as she encased most of her body in the nice warm water. Satoshi wasn't wrong when he said this would be a good idea. Finding a seat on one of the many carved out rocks the girl slowly closed her eyes and let it all in. Not even her partner's voice disturbed her relaxation.

"I'm in and I don't ever want to leave." The girl called out before grinning ear to ear. It was like the water was massaging her back. She could turn into a shriveled old prune in here and not give a care in the world. "Can we get one of these on the go Satoshi?" Makoto joked. "I would seriously do anything you asked if you found a way to make this portable." That was the nice thing about being partners with an old friend. Jokes like that weren't sexual and weren't taken to be either. If the boy wanted an exchange it was for her to buy dinner or a new sheath for his sword. It made traveling so much easier this way.

Satoshi stripped and entered the springs after a few moments. Unlike Makoto, he didn't care to wrap a towel around his body. After all, they had seen each other naked so many times that it hardly mattered. He walked out into the steamy spring completely nude. His well toned, muscular body glistened in a light way of sweat. His body was coated in scars and bruises from the many fights they had taken part in and his cock hung limp between his legs, indicating that indeed, despite Makoto's suggestive comments, he wasn't at all aroused or thinking lewd thoughts.

"Idiot...that would be a waste of precious time and resources. I have an idea though. If you like a hot spring so much, when you retire, build your house to one. Genius idea, I know. That's why it is so above you." He chuckled as he playfully slapped Makoto's hair bun before entered the spring himself slowly, letting out a loud, blissful sigh as he did so.

"Ahhhhhh, this is amazing, and to think you were making fun of me earlier. You shouldn't even be allowed in here because of that comment." He teased her as he settled in , his body submerged in the hot waters up to his shoulders. "So....what's our next move?" He asked his partner after relaxing for a few moments.

Makoto pouted as the man smacked her hair bun. Any harder and the hair tie would have come lose and wet hair was definitely not on her agenda at the moment. Cracking one eye open, the girl stared as Satoshi sat in the water. Sassy little asshole. See if she saved his ass again after his comments. Her eyes trailed scars on his body and a sour expression took over her teasing. He really should take better care of himself. Moving over to inspect the scars, Makoto noted any new ones and ran a finger over a nasty red gash on his shoulder. "You know we have healing powder for a reason." She said quietly. "You should use it more often now that you're so relaxed." The blonde sighed before putting an arm around her partner and crossing her legs. "You would be dead in a ditch without me my friend."

The girl smiled and moved her hand slowly up Satoshi's neck before giving his ear a playful tug. "So we stay here for a couple of days and stake out any future dangers. They said their Guardian Reapers have gone for a few weeks now. Might mean something else is lurking." Makoto leaned her free elbow on her knee. The towel was pushed up and exposed a slight big of cleavage from the towel. "With a town as nice as this they had to have had fairly well trained Reapers, don't you think?"

Satoshi was actually surprised to her Makoto voice any concern for him. It wasn't the first time, it had happened before, but it was a rarity, or at least that is what he considered it. He looked at his scared body and shook his head when she mentioned their healing powers. "I try not to use them so much. I want to stay as human as I can. Leaving these scars on my body reminders me of the fights we've made it out of...how close we've been to death." He let out a sigh as he looked to Makoto. "Memento Mori....never forget that. The words of our order...." He spoke them seriously as he looked at the ceiling of the spring. 'Remember you will die', this is what their saying translated to. It was a reminder to themselves that they could never save everyone, and a reminder that one day...they too would die, most likely in combat. Satoshi tried to look at it in a more positive light at times though...it meant he had to live his life to the fullest and do all he could to help others.

He looked back to Makoto, shaking the serious expression off his face and gave her his trademark smile as he reached his hand up and patted her head gently, a tradition from their childhood. "You are right though, I would be dead without you. Thank you for putting up with my reckless, dumb ass." He chuckled as he continued to gently pet her head before stopping and letting out a sigh.

"You are right...we'll stay around here for awhile. If they aren't back in a few days, we'll have to send out a messenger bird to Purgatory...we'll have to assume they are dead." Satoshi thought aloud, his voice heavy. He didn't like the idea of having to inform their headquarters that a guardian duo had died. Then again, if they had...maybe they would be assigned to the area since they were already here. "Well, assuming no trouble occurs, how would you like to spend our few days here?" He questioned his partner, wondering what she had in mind.

Makoto listened but didn't like what she was hearing. Scars were good but too many meant more of a chance of it reopening. "At least mend the ones that could get infected stupid." She said half jokingly before moving her hand back to her side and choosing to lean her head on his shoulder instead. It was little contacts like these that showed the age of their friendship. It was misconstrued often but little moments like these showed they cared for one another. Or tried to anyway. The blonde's eyes wondered to a fresh scar along the man's neckline. Too many. Pressing her lips to it gently the girl closed her eyes and lightly made the maroon line fade to a healthier pink. With a popping sound the girl moved to the other side of the spring and readied for any rebuttal to her magic.

Makoto listened carefully as Satoshi proposed they make the town their home. Staying in comfort. There was a bittersweet feeling to that. "We'll see what Purgatory says then decide from there. Freelance allows for a lot more excitements and new people." The girl wrinkled her nose as she thought about the wrong types of people though. Like that man who had come onto her earlier. This was more of an aristocratic town then she might have liked. Spoiled and treating people like play toys.

Satoshi relaxed when he felt Makoto lean her head onto his shoulder. He enjoyed these small, physical moments they had with each other. It brought him comfort and warmth...made him feel at ease. He wrapped an arm around her waist and held her close to his side. He could stay like this forever and he wouldn't complain. That was when she did something rather unexpected. He felt her soft lips gently touch a scar near his neck. He felt his face turn pink from embarrassment and he felt his heart beat starting to accelerate and even his cock was reacting, starting to grow slightly erect under the water. Satoshi didn't understand what was going on, he didn't normally react like this to any of her teasing...was it because he was caught off guard...or was it because he wasn't sure if she was actually teasing her.

When he looked down and saw the scar had healed, he let out a sigh as all his emotions settled down. So she was just teasing him. Still though, he thought over how he reacted for a moment...it was strange. He shook it off as just heat from the bath as he gave Makoto a frown. "You didn't have to heal it in that way, you know...that was embarrassing..." he grumbled out a complaint, not seeming to enjoy that kind of teasing.

Another strange reaction now stuck him...he just now noticed how far she had moved in the spring from him, and he felt lonely. She was just by his side and he had felt so comfy. Without her there, it didn't feel nearly as good. He tried to shake off the thought. "Well, if we settled down, we wouldn't be scrounging for food and shelter at times you know, it has its perks." He stated as he looked away from her with slightly tinted cheeks as he decided to make a comment on their distance. "Why did you so far away...do I stink or something?" He asked, confused as he took a whiff of his own oder seeing if he really smelled bad.

Makoto wasn't expecting his reaction when she noted the heat rising from his skin. Was he embarrassed? The girl cocked her head to the side and studied her partner's reaction carefully. His grumbling made her giggle though. Like a pouting child. The blonde smiled before resting her elbow on her knee and her cheek on her palm. "It's easiest way of healing goofball. I've done it before. What did you think I was doing?" The girl sat in curiosity as she watched the man sigh. It really was out of pure instinct that she did it. Why else would she? Slightly biting her lip out of habit the girl began to think. There was the many times the idiot had burned himself trying to start a campfire. The times he had gotten his ass kicked when they were young and there were far too many bruises. When he had punched steel or wood and ended up bleeding from the impact. Honestly, this really wasn't the first time she had done such a thing.

Makoto listened to the man's words and thought. "Its true we wouldn't have to worry but it might mean we'd have to find other jobs while were here too. Plus there's the whole settling down aspect to it. We'd both have suitors probably and that's kind of weird to think about." The girl understood fully that people found the attractive. Young, active reapers that saved the day. Hero complex type of stuff. They usually left when that got to be a bit too much. Nobody needs a fanclub. Right? Satoshi's last question, brought the young blonde's thoughts back into focus. Move away? The girl looked down at herself then at the distance between her and her partner. She shrugged. "I assumed you were going to tease me or mess with my bun or something for the healing thing. I took away a trophy." She joked before moving back towards where she had left. "If I knew you couldn't survive without me at such a distance, I wouldn't have scooted."

Satoshi seemed to be deep in thought as Makoto spoke to him. He had been teased enough for today, he wanted to get revenge. He had to think of a way to get Makoto back. He thought of an idea...and it would either get Makoto flustered...or she would kick his ass. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, he reasoned and took in a mental breath before standing up in the springs.

The water was deep, so under his stomach was still submerged in water, but with his muscles now fully showing, he appeared much more imposing. The look he gave Makoto was his serious look as well. His eyes shimmered with fire, like the Arcana he represented. "I would kick anyones ass who came after you, Makoto." His tone too had changed, his deep and gruff voice...one that he used in combat. It was the voice of a trained Reaper, a killer. He stepped towards her with conviction, with purpose. He stood in front of her and quickly slammed his hands on the rocks behind her.

He had her trapped now, his arms on either side of her and him in front of her. "You are mine after all....Makoto..." He leaned forward, whispering hotly into her ear. Their chest pressing against each others, her breasts molding against his firm pectorals. "You are all mine...my trophy and I'll never let anyone else have you..." He spoke as if he owned her, his mouth moving to her ear and nibbling gently on her earlobe, sucking on it lightly. They often teased each other physically, biting each other and wrestling, evening planting kisses here and there, but never like this. Satoshi seemed to be getting serious, moving to plant a few gentle kisses on her neck before finally....he pulled away and gave her hair bun a quick bop with his hand as he laughed. "Ah ha ha ha!! I had you there, didn't I?! You should see the look on your face." Satoshi back away, stilling laughing and holding the side of his hips, waiting to see the aftermath of his teasing.

Makoto was surprised as she noted her partner's face getting serious. Uh oh. Had he overstepped her boundaries again? It would happen periodically that something she said didn't sit well with him. It usually ended in him yelling and then stomping off. Kicked someone's ass? Like she needed someone for that. The girl opened her mouth to speak but stopped when she noticed him stand walk towards her. Well that wasn't going to be good. Hands on either side, the girl noted something. Satoshi was bigger than her. It was odd thing to note but behind the scars and bruises, he wasn't the lean and short boy he used to be. When the hell did that happen?

The girl turned five different shades of red as he whispered in he ear. His? HIS?! Since when did that happen? The word 'trophy' struck a nerve with her as she suddenly didn't like this situation. Satoshi didn't call her his and he most certainly did treat her like a trophy. The girl was froze in place though. The kisses he had placed left her a melting mess and suddenly she found herself self conscious. What on earth was he doing? The contact wasn't bad though and if anything made the girl slowly close her eyes. It felt good. Weird but good. A soft moan escaped her breathe before she quickly moved her hand to cover her mouth. What the hell was that? The sudden bop on her bun made the girl snap to attention. He was..joking. The girl felt her eyes narrow as they focused on the man. "That was not funny Satoshi." The girl squeaked before moving to secure her towel a bit more. "What the hell even was that?"

Makoto stood to face off with her partner. Now it was her turn to be upset. Her eyes wandered on where to kick and landed in the spot where the sun don't side. Wait a minute..why was it-OH GOSH! "Dude why the hell is your..thing up and saying hello?! Its staring at me!" The girl's face deepened another shade of red as she raised her hand to attempt to slap her partner. All she had wanted was a nice relaxing bath and battle meeting.

Satoshi had gotten just the reaction from her he had hoped. He loved seeing her flustered, he thought she was absolutely adorable that way. It was when she moaned however...something changed. That alluring sounds....he had never heard her moan that way before...and something about it made him want to hear it more. He had to shake that feeling from him in order to respond to her though.

"It was just some teasing to get you back, I didn't think you'd get so flustered by it. " He teased her some more, giving her a playful wink. He seemed confused at what she was referencing when she yelled at him though....he looked down and noticed his cock had gotten hard again. When did that happen, he wondered. Even when deep in thought, he still managed to jump away from Makoto's slap, landing in the water, sitting down so she could no longer see. "What's wrong with it being up? It's a natural male reaction, you know." Satoshi spoke plainly, like it was a matter of fact issue. He didn't see anything wrong with him having a boner. "Also, what are you...9? You still just call it a thing? How about you call it something proper, like a penis, or a cock, you know? You sound like child, calling it that." He laughed as the teasing continued, knowing Makoto was slightly more sensitive to erotic issues then he was.

Makoto glared as he admitted to teasing her. "Were supposed to be professionals here Satoshi and I don't appreciate the whole kissing thing." The girl rubbed her neck, trying to rub away any tingling that remained after the contact. Idiot. The man finally acknowledged the third wheel and jumped away just in time from her attack. Stupid reflexes. Natural male reaction. Natural male reaction to what? "I've seen you naked plenty of times Satoshi and I've never seen you're stupid kick stand so prominent. It looks like a freaking earth worm!"

Makoto rested her hands on her hips as she stared down at her partner. Legs evenly apart and oblivious to her curves. "Who the hell is a child in this situation idiot! I don't like the word and I don't like it." The girl stuck out her tongue before quickly swiveling around the face the other way. "No 9 year old has an ass like this!" The blonde yelled in desperation before gesturing the barely covered bum. It was a good thing she was confident. The girl dramatically flashed her partner the bird before getting out and heading back towards the changing area. Play time or whatever the hell that was, was over.

Kick stand...earthworm? He couldn't believe she was actually calling it those. "Damn, you really are nine mentally, aren't you?" Satoshi stated, face-palming as he did so, his words completely serious this time. Her actions only served to further the point that she was the one acting like a child at the moment. When she flashed him her ass however, he blushed and looked away, his "kick-stand" reacting by becoming even more erect and throbbing. Why was he even reacting this way? Still, she was gone now and she was mad. He sighed and slipped back into the hot water.

"Immature brat...." He muttered to himself as he closed his eyes. The only thoughts that filled his head though were her gesturing towards her very lovely rear and the sound of her moaning. He opened his eyes and shook his head quickly, trying to get those thoughts to go away. "Still...I suppose I have to admit that a brat doesn't have a body that looks that good..." He thought around as he blushed, thinking back on their recent interaction. "When did she become so beautiful...." He could feel his heart pounding in his chest, trying to find one moment in time when she went from being a bratty, immature kid to being such a beautiful young woman...he couldn't pinpoint it and it was driving him insane. "It's just the heat of the spring...that's all." Satoshi concluded with a sigh. Still, the more he tried to think of anything else, the more Makoto's beautiful face came to mind.

Makoto roughly dried off and got dressed. Clothes and weapon still in the same spot as she left them. Why was he so..flirtatious all of sudden? Where the hell was all of this coming from anyway? All she had done was heal him. Best not to do that again apparently. The girl let her hair loose in one swift motion before lightly brushing through it with her fingers. That was at least one thing that had remained in tact at least. Giving the path to the spring one last glance, the girl headed back towards the inn to relax. Best to check and see what the town had to offer if she had to consider staying.

"She's gone I'm telling you! She left and then just didn't come back Rin!" a woman was yelling as Makoto entered the inn. Her eyes were bloodshot and there was a soft sobbing coming between each word. It literally had been ten minutes and something else had happened. The blonde made her way to where the woman was making a scene and quietly sat next to her. "Ma'am." She said soothingly. "Can you tell me exactly what happened?"

Momo, this woman's fourteen year old daughter, had been sneaking out at night with unknown man and not returning until the morning. Bite marks, hickeys, and even claw marks had been showing up on her skin ever since she would leave but the girl would assure it was just her fooling around. Well that enough would make any mother mad. The girl had snuck off last night, this time leaving a note that she was leaving home to be with a certain 'Takeo'. And ever since hasn't shown any sign of being in town. "Even with the attack last night she still shouldn't have gotten very far away from the town. And why last night after that ugly fight with the town? Something wasn't right. Something paranormal was about to happen.

"Sounds like an incubi, don't you think?" Satoshi's voice was behind Makoto the moment the mother had explained the situation. He had gotten out of the spring not too long after Makoto and dried himself off and redressed. He was acting like nothing at all had happened between them in the springs. After all, to him that is what is was...what is should have been, absolutely nothing. He gripped the hilt of his sliver sword and looked towards Makoto, stroking his chin in contemplation.

"How do you want to tackle this? If the incubi has run off with the girl, that means its preparations are nearly complete...odds are it'll try to take her soul tonight." Satoshi thought aloud. He was sure it would be hard for the mother to hear, but he never liked to sugar coat anything. They needed to know the truth and their odds of actually finding her.

"The only way we can prevent that from happening tonight is if it gets interested in another woman for its next mark...but normally it has to be really attracted to the person to do that, for one reason or another...we have no way of knowing what it is thinking, and we can't risk another person in the village just to get a lead..." Satoshi sighed in frustration, not getting any ideas as he turned to Makoto. "So, what are your thoughts, any ideas?" He questioned, hoping she had something good in mind.

Makoto nodded as her partner took over the conversation. An Incubus made sense. Luring in young girls slowly and then stealing the soul when the girl pledges her love and life to them. Simple enough with teens. "Incubi are very selfish creatures so it'll stay in town so long as there are souls to take. They're picky though. Vain creatures only want the best so they will only pick the roses of the bunch." The girl thought aloud. Quietly she sat, nervously biting her lip as she came up with an idea. No one else should get hurt but a bait would be good for the situation. The girl groaned aloud as she thought of the only plausible solution. "Satoshi either you're going to have to become a very beautiful woman or I'm going to have to use my seduction skills again."

Seduction was something Makoto could manage but really hated to do. It meant batting eyes and pouting lips. More cleavage and body contact and less conversation. Boy did she hate body language. "I'll hangout at the local pub tonight and make sure to scout the crowd. It won't be hard to find. Incubi are charmers after all. When I make my way over I'll need Satoshi to follow where I lead. But beware folks. The Incubus could be anyone." Find the girl, kill the demon. Seems simple enough right? Makoto glanced at her partner a little unsure. She really hated being bait.

Satoshi turned to face Makoto and frowned at her idea. While it was logical and made sense in order to protect the villagers, he didn't have to like it. "Makoto...you know how I feel about using either one of us as bait...I don't like the idea..." They each have had their fair share of having to be bait for various demons before, and he never liked it. He didn't care so much if he was the bait, but with Makoto...if he messed up in his tailing or tracking...it could mean her death or worse sometimes...he shuddered at the thought of what an incubus might do to Makoto if left alone.

Still, there really wasn't a choice...not if they wanted to save the girl and not put any more villages at risk. After what had just happened too...he felt even more protective her of now. He nodded his head, giving his consent and approval. "I'll head out first and blend in with the crowd at the bar before you arrive. " Satoshi stood up and put on his cloak to mask his appearance. He looked to Makoto again, a look of worry and concern. "Just...just be..." He started...but before he could finish, he stepped forward and planted a gentle kiss on her forehead. He wasn't sure why he did that, and he blushed as he realized his action. He stammered out the first excuse he could. "It's....a good luck charm....be careful...okay?" He managed to finish his sentence this time before walking out the door and heading to the bar.

Makoto simply nodded as Satoshi mentally worked out the kinks. She knew he would be opposed. Together since childhood. The girl smiled and reached for his hand. "We'll be fine Shi. We always have been right?" The girl felt her nervousness drip away as she saw the concern on his face. He really was like a protective brother wasn't he? A kiss on the forehead and then he was gone. Idiot. The girl touched her forehead before looking to where he left. Since when did he believe in charms?

Makoto ran upstairs and dug through her sack of clothes. First rule of being Reaper. Always be prepared. After some contemplation, the girl went with a light pink sleeveless dress. She could have been sexier but the Incubus went for beauty and innocent. The virgins were the pick of the crop to them. The girl stood awkwardly as she practiced her expressions. Eyes big and smiles small. Done. It was now or never. The girl made her way down the staircase slowly. She would have to get used to how the dress moved. She soon made her way out the door and towards the pub. Satoshi would be watching. He had to be.

A bright light emitted from the bar's windows as the loud sound of yelling and cheering muffled through the door. Come on Makoto. You've gotten this far! The girl slowly made her way in, eyes peeled for the Ladies man of the room. It could be anybody.

The bar was a chaotic mess of activity and revelry. Many a people seemed to have crowded the place tonight, all to celebrate the defeat of the griffon by the Reapers. Drinks a plenty were flowing and many of the patrons were already drunk or on their way to it. In the corner with another group of men drinking and gambling was a slightly hooded figure. Makoto would know at once this was Satoshi, they always had a good sense of know where the other was, even when disguised. Even though he appeared to be absorbed in his drinking and gaming, all his attention was concentrated on keeping an eye on his partner.

After Makoto had lingered around the bar for awhile, a slim but tall man approached her. He was pampered and appeared noble. He wore fine clothes and jewels and his very presence seemed regal. He smelled like lavender as well, some kind of fragrance. His hair and skin were well kept, his tail done up in a pony tail, his green hair shimmering in the light. He gently grasped her hand in his own and lifted it up to her lips, giving the back of her hand a gentle kiss. "My, my...what is a beautiful rose like yourself doing alone in a place like this...please, my lady...let me treat you to a drink and be your company. There are ruffians and vagabonds afoot here, I wouldn't want anything to happen to you." His tone was charming, sweet and kind, and his smile just oozed tenderness and affection. "My name is Bein, my lady. Might I have the honor of learning your name?" He asked tenderly as he ordered them each a glass of wine.

Back
Top Bottom