Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The easiest and hardest jobs youve had

kaigen

Super-Earth
Yeah it's random and really doesn't serve any other point than to maybe get to know everyone in here a little better. So I figured I'd ask. Like the title says. What was the easiest and hardest? I don't mean the worst. Cause the hardest job I had was also my favorite. I worked in the intelligence community for a number of years while I was in the Corps. A part of that was interrogations. And while it was by far the most difficult job I've ever done it was also my favorite. And I had a few different hats I wore while I was in.

The easiest? Now don't jump me for saying this. But I spent about a year being a stay at home dad. For a long time after I got out I stayed home and did all the stuff their mother did while I was in the Corps. and honestly it was the easiest thing I'd done in my adult life. My wife still thinks I'm crazy. Or lying about it. But honestly I had everything done that needed to be done by ten in the morning and litterally had the rest of the day to spend time with the kids work in my shop. Do whatever. Sometimes I really wish I could go back to that.

This thread made me smile so I thought I'd reply.

Funnily enough, the easiest and hardest job I ever had is actually the same job. Working @ Disney World was both the most rewarding and exhausting thing I think my young ass has ever (or will ever????) experience. I worked at a couple different places and each place had its ups and downs.

So first of all when I accepted the job the woman I interviewed with said I would be a hostess at a restaurant, as in I would seat people, take their money, fix front of house/lobby stuff, and I was like um hell yeah. I get to work at Disney and do easy stuff? Sign me the hell up. On my first day I find out in reality my job duties were to seat people, bus tables, plate tables, stock side stations, make silverware sets and closing shifts = cleaning the restaurant. Basically just a slave for the servers. After a while it was really awful because we did all these really simple, easy things for them and they didn't even tip us out. We were doing things that I eventually found out at other restaurants not on Disney soil they would be expected to do themselves. So I'm making minimum wage, driving an hour and a half back and forth and I know for a fact they're making 100k a year but they can't give me $5 for helping them out? Ok. It was really dumb and I was burnt out after a year. (Fun fact though: I fainted from the heat and nerves on my first day so everyone knew me as the girl that fainted womp.)

But wait! There's more. That's just the job itself. My co-workers (in every place I worked, but this mostly applies to the people I worked with @ the restaurant) were a whole other beast. I honestly still can't believe that the people who work at what's labeled "The Happiest Place on Earth" are some of the most bitchy, bitter and rudest people in what I'm pretty sure is all of existence. I remember one time just going into the bathroom and crying because this lady who I had worked with maybe a total of three times over an 8 month period was talking mad shit about me and I couldn't understand what I had done to make her hate me so much. And she had kids and a husband and was about 20 years older than me so you'd think she'd know better. Same thing happened with someone I thought I was really good friends with, too. Turns out he's just a major pos but I was really little when all this happened and I really wanted everyone to like me so it was upsetting and disappointing to say the least :/. Also: every man who works at Disney is gay. Even the married ones.

Things were a lot better though once I transferred over to the Characters. Even in the restaurant doing little "magical" moments with the kids made it all worth it but that completely doubles when you're with a character because the people go there to have this experience with this special person, not because it's 90 degrees outside and they need AC. I quit a couple months later for a variety of reasons but I still really love and hate everything about working there. Me and my bestie actually met on the job and have plans to go to the Christmas event they do and to lowkey make fun of the people who are still working at our old spot. Definitely the highlight of my resume though lmao.

My current job is the easiest I've ever had. Also the best. It's a total cake walk security contract over in the Middle East. I stand around, look angry all day with my resting bitch face, and play video games pretty much the whole time. I have almost no real responsibilities and I just fill a seat as an insurance write-off.

Hardest job? I don't know. All the crap jobs I worked going through college were equal parts difficult and terrible. I'm awful at sales, and the aforementioned resting bitch face always made retail and customer service work a nightmare. So all the sales and telemarketing and all that crap all blurs together as a blob of impossible quotas and imminent firings.

The current, good, job sucks in that I have to live in a shit hole muslim theocracy, where having a preference for the same sex carries the death penalty and my coworkers are all idiots. But you know what? Three more years of this and I'll have enough investment properties to never work another shitty job again.

Yeah I'm not much of a people person. Dealing with large groups of people with a smile is not something I do well. Individuals? Yeah. Groups. Not so much. So Chipped. I doubt I would of lasted long there.

Definitely my current job is the easiest I've had. Its a laid back outdoor gear/clothing online warehouse. I get to check out all the new and cute/sexy swimwear when they come. Also, they have WiiU, so we usually get to play a round of Mario Kart every day.

My hardest would be waitress. Nothing is more disheartening than waiting on a horrible person.

The hardest job I ever had was when I had to get three billboards in front of a school away. I had to carry six steel beams that were nearly as big as I was tall to the attic of the school. On my own, without any help. That task took me the entire day to do it. Afterwards I was glad just to clean the schoolyard with a broom.

Back
Top Bottom