Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fandoms

Kurosaki

Planetoid
Ever have fandoms that you absolutely love and you have all these ideas in your head to rp but there's not many people in the fandoms ? I always find it hard to find people who are interested in the same series/shows as I am.

All the way.

I want to play Jack Bauer against Chloe, and nobody wants to play.

Pretty Little Liars - Ezria

Nikita - Michael and Alex.

Nobody wants any of these. *cries*

I've had an idea for a three-person Destiny RP kicking around my head since the game came out, but I just do NOT care enough to try and synchronize two other people.

Fandoms I've had troubles finding people to write for (but recently got lucky with) are The Crow and Wheel of Time. Pretty much no one writes those and if you mention The Crow no one even knows what it's about. T_T

A couple other difficult ones have been Dune, Sin City and Riddick. While people might have heard of them, no one writes them. Tis sadness all over the place.

Final Fantasy VIII and Original Gundam tend to be two of the harder ones to find for me. Even if I do find someone willing, they either won't know enough about either lores or the search has exhausted my interest in RPing. Metal Gear Solid is never easy, and I never found someone for a Front Mission role-play either.

I probably have a small binder of shit that I'd love to play and never will, because I'm picky as fuck.

Heh. A few surprises as well as a few obvious ones.

We got Need for Speed and Mortal Kombat on my list. Need for Speed I don't understand, but Mortal Kombat is because a lot of people are looking for rape in that fandom and I can quite rape. Too good a moral compass, and the military ushered out any morbid curiosity I had for it.

I have never gotten anyone to roleplay Breath of Fire with me. Ever.

My love for dragons will never be satiated.

Also nobody on this website plays Splatoon, it's mind boggling.

There are a few more that come to mind, but they are super obscure.

darkangel76 said:
Pretty much no one writes those and if you mention The Crow no one even knows what it's about. T_T

I know this feeling! I also loved The Crow movies, the concept was touching. I ended up having to just make a plot similar and use that since I also struggled finding people that knew it.
A big one for me is the Carpathian Novels by Christine Feehan. I think I've only found two people who knew what they were.
Also, Bitten by Kelley Armstrong. Not so much a fan of the writing per-se, but I did fall in love with the world she created, as well as the characters.
Since the show has come out I'm guessing it's more popular now.

I always have issue's finding people willing to roleplay as the slightly more obscure anime that I love. *Le sigh*

Durarara(sadly), Brother's Conflict, Cowboy Bebop and Macross Frontier have ALWAYS been difficult for me to find any partner's for. </3

Barsoom and Pellucidar. I'll admit that I haven't gone looking that hard, but I haven't seen much love for those two series.

Also, turning to my tabletop roots, Planescape.

Hmhm. Ever obsessed about Horatio Hornblower? Nobody seems to have read those books.
And then you get those WEIRD fandom cravings.
Master and Commander, the movie for example.
Or Robin Hood.
And you think "Come on, how hard can it be to find somebody to play Robin Hood with you?"... and realize, that because you LOVE Robin Hood, and own ALL movies about Robin Hood, and read a dozen different versions of the story, that YOUR Robin Hood is completely different from what people expect Robin Hood to be. And you get all pissy, because... come on! It's just Robin Hood. This can't be SO hard to do, until you realize, that you mingled 7 different book versions plus the Russel Crowe movie inside your head, and "your" world just isn't a world that ever existed and nobody CAN know "your" Robin Hood. Because this Robin only ever existed inside your head. oO

Caitronna, I totally get you on the Robin Hood thing. I'm in the same boat with Batman. And Phantom of the Opera. And King Arthur. And a lot of classic literature.

It's really hard being into classic literature and wanting to RP but then getting upset that people aren't being /canon/ and then realizing exactly what you said.

I can't believe so many people have the same problem as me . Getting someone to rp your fandom these days seems virtually impossible.

I'd looooooooooooooooooove to do an RP in the Monster Hunter setting, but the series is super niche in the west so I doubt i'd ever get any takers.

Back
Top Bottom