Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Not Exactly What the Old Ones had in Mind... (OOC)

The only issue I would have with it is that it might require us to make the characters a bit younger (not in the case of my character, though). If that's fine with both of you and the ages are still within the required limits for this forum, then I am 100% fine with it.

Yeah me and zoraida will have to modify our character profiles a bit but that won't be a problem. ^^ Me and her were also brainstorming ideas for how the role play might start this time around.

We came up with the idea that it could start at the beginging of the school year and Yukio and Yumi would be in the same home room with Sumiko being their teacher. Yukio would be sketching some kind of graphic body horror at his desk which catches Yumi's eye. Then she would pull out some equally graphic art book of Cthulhu mythos and the two of them get a little carried away in their discussion. Sumiko would step in and scold them for flashing around those inappropriate pictures and make them do that thing where you stand out in the hall carrying buckets full of water. Yukio and Yumi would chat some more while they're out there knowing that they share similar interests and that's when Yumi would invite him to join the occult club.

This is just like a sort of vague script for us to follow to help get the role play moving along. What do you think of it Wingshadow? Do you have any thoughts or ideas you'd like to add to it?

Well, this sort of setup would work alright if Sumiko was a typical high school homeroom teacher. Although it would be a bit amusing for her to send them out into the hall, my take on the teacher would be a bit more creative with her punishments, while at the same time hinting that she is also the occult club's supervisor... Specifically, she would probably do something more along the lines of pulling them both aside and subjecting them to her own take on scetch art horror (unshown to the rest of the class, of course) which leaves them somewhat unnerved, to which she then adds, "Please refrain from displaying art during class outside of art class."

If she needed to have them stand in the hall, she would probably use heavy encyclopedias rather than buckets of water as well. Something tells me she would probably have more of those at hand anyway. Other than that, I think its a pretty decent opening scene.

;) this is true. I remember Sumiko being less than typical though I think it'd be something particularly horrifying to actually phase Yumi. At the same time she might at least feign horror, knowing that this particular teacher has her back and a real punishment would come if things continued X3

Yeah I like that too, Sumiko's own takes on punishments and such. ^^ If they were to stand out in the hall, that might also leave Sumiko out for a few post which is something we wouldn't want. Too bad about the water buckets though, I was hoping we could have someone trip and get everyone soaking wet. Then they'd have to go to the nurses office and take off their clothes until they dry, heh heh. :p

Let's see, is there anything else we really need to go over? We've probably already worked out the rest of the details the first time around. I went ahead and adjusted Yukio's age for the high school setting, but other than that I think we might already be good to go!

Sure thing. Perhaps Sumiko punishes them differently each time their antics get out of hand? At least one of those would involve water, so its not like we can't work in your scene somehow :D

Nothing else I can think of, as most of the stuff we will have to work out as we go, such as how Sumiko is going to get involved more than just the silently supportive sideliner :p

Yeah, when there were four of us there probably would have been enough going on for Sumiko to merely observe for the most part. Now that Mogget is gone though she'll probably have to be a little more active. Hope that doesn't go against her intended role too much!

Oh I thought of something, which years would Yumi and Yukio be in? It might make a little more sense for Yumi to at least be in her second year to justify her and Sumiko already knowing each other. Given the peculiarities of the two of them, I don't think it would be too much of a stretch for them to work out their deal concerning the occult club within the first few weeks of the school year. I take it y'all would like them to have a bit of a history though. ^^ What do you think Zoraida? If Yumi is in her second year, I could make Yukio a freshman for diversity.

In terms of having previous history between Sumiko and Yumi, we could leave it a bit of a mystery at first, a reason for Yukio to ask Sumiko about her past. Sumiko is taciturn when it comes to personal questions, sure, but she is not someone who would simply ignore a genuine question. I dunno, perhaps its just the failed mystery writer inside me that wants to peek out every once and a while, but I think it might be a nice touch. :p

Yeah I asked zoraida about it and she thinks that they can both be in their junior year. That should be adequate time for Yumi and Sumiko to have developed a bit of a history. ^^ Unless anyone can think of anything else, I think we can go ahead and start! I'll take it upon myself to write the introductory post once more, I just need the okay from you guys!

Sweet! Alright I'm super excited to get this going... again. I think we'll have better luck this time

Back
Top Bottom