Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Alpha's Love (Kaiden & Babysister)

Her decision to shift back brought a mix of emotions to Kaiden, happiness and nervousness were the most prominent, but he kept a calm and cool air about him. He knew he had to be strong for her, she was scared, and he didn't blame her in the slightest. That was a lot of pain to go through, but she needed to feed their daughter, Kaiden couldn't do it on his own, and he knew she wanted to feed their baby. She wouldn't be a baby for very long, she would grow very quickly as all werewolf children, halfbreed or not, did. At Trinity's nod Kaiden took a step back and watched as she stood there, reaching inside herself, searching for that human part of her. He could see when the wolf pushed back, but soon enough that human side of her was found and she shifted back, Kaiden was at her side in a moment, holding her steady and quickly bringing her over to the bed. Moving over to Michelle's crib he carefully picked her up, smiling slightly as he held her carefully before handing her over to be fed. He watched the two carefully for a moment before stepping out of the room, by the time he returned Trinity had finished feeding Michelle and placed the child back in her crib before curling up on their bed and falling asleep. Walking over he pressed a kiss to her forehead, "I love you Trin." Straightening out he moved over to the crib, l we among over the side he reached in, his finger trailing lightly over the small claws on her hands, "My precious jewel, I promise I'll never let anything bad happen to you." He lightly ran his hand over her head before returning to the bed and laying down with Trinity, holding her close against him.

After that things started to go well for them and the pack, true to the nature of things Michelle grew fairly quickly, in just a month she had noticeably grown larger, was heavier and was making all those adorable baby noises that melted Kaiden into a loving pile of goo. Kaiden was teaching Trinity the ins and outs of being a werewolf, teaching her how to control the wild beast inside inside her, teaching her how to control her new urges and most importantly, teaching her how to deal with the pain of a transformation. She adapted quickly under his teachings, much to both of their relief and excitement. The pair could often be seen out in the front lawn in their wolf forms, frolicking and running. When they weren't doing that, they were with Michelle and the rest of the pack, solidifying their bond with the newest additions to the pack. Michelle was welcomed eagerly, none of the pack had any issues with her,she was their alphas child and they accepted her without question or hesitation, something that came as a huge relief to the new parents. Months quickly passed by, and soon they were celebrating Michelle's first birthday. It was a grand affair, for all that it was a one year olds birthday, something she would never remember. The party was mostly for the pack and the parents, their baby had beaten all odds, she was the first, and the only, halfbreed to survive to its first birthday. That alone was cause for celebration, and so they did, Kaiden, for the first time ever, let himself get drunk in front of Trinity, a sight she had never seen before. Kaiden stumbled and bumbled about in a happy, and a bit overly exuberant drunken haze, his form shifting from wolf to human without much warning or control. There was a reason werewolves didn't drink, and this was proof enough.

The celebration lasted for about three days in total, the pack just couldn't get a hold on their excitement to stop. Eventually though they did calm down and now came the cleaning. Nearly the entire mansion had been trashed, and it took them an entire day to bring it back to what it once was, clean and pritiene once more. The suggestion of hiring a maid came up several times that day, and each time Kaiden turned it down, simply answering it by shifting forms and giving a wolfish grin before shifting back, "I'm sure hiring a human maid would be totally smart to do. I mean, what could go wrong with having a human in a house filled with werewolves?" His answer always brought laughs from the others, and the agreement that it probably wouldn't be the smartest thing to do.

A year passed them by in the blink of an eye, before she knew it Michelle was one. Their days had been so busy with the pack and a baby that was anything but ordinary. Michelle was clearly very human in looks aside from a few key features; fangs, claws, and golden eyes. But she had very wolfish tendencies. She started on human food faster than normal babies, which meant no more breast feeding. A bitter sweet thing for Trinity, she wouldn't miss the bites but she would miss the close bonding. Michelle preferred meat over vegetables and she liked her meat rare. She also liked to gnaw on the bones. This didn't concern Trinity overly much, in fact it made more sense. Michelle was brought to Larry periodically so he could check her growth. Since no half breed had ever survived out of infancy Larry wanted to keep an eye on the little girl and document her growth. Thus far, aside from rapid growth, Michelle had been perfectly healthy. Trinity lived in fear that might not be so in the future. At one year she was already walking and saying more than most babies her age. Finally her first birthday rolled around and there was a big hullabaloo. The pack really let loose and decorated the mansion from top to bottom. Michelle had to be the most spoiled little girl ever, but her disposition was so fierce and so sweet that it was hard to find fault with her. The pack showered her in toys, most of which would probably never even get played with. Still it showed just how much they adored the little girl. Aside from just being a first birthday it was also a celebration. No half breed had ever survived to their first birthday. Everyone let loose, there were drunken werewolves everywhere. Kaiden himself got drunk, a sight new to Trinity. Now she understood why he had never imbibed around her. A werewolf lost control of their ability to shift when drunk and they would flip back and forth between forms randomly Trinity was the only one who did not get drunk. Mainly because someone had to be lucid and watch the baby. Michelle was asleep long before the party wound down for the night. If it ever did. It lasted about three days. Three days of drunkenness, lewd behavior, and adoring baby Michelle. The only dot of sadness Trinity felt at all was that her parents had never met their grandchild. They lived a scant ten miles away and yet it felt like worlds apart. Trinity hadn't seen them since they kicked her out over a year ago. Weren't they curious at all? Despite their reaction they were still her parents.

Thus on the third night of the party with Michelle asleep Trinity shifted into her wolf body. Over the past year she had shifted many times, it came as naturally as breathing now. Shaking out her lithe body she sprinted away. Normally it would be her and Kaiden together going for a run. She had left him with the others passed out in their bed. One too many drinks. She ran the ten miles until she reached her old backyard. Shifting to her human form she crept closer. She could hear her parents watching television in the living room. Swallowing hard she peered in. They hadn't changed hardly at all. Trinity's mother had more gray in her hair and her father had a pouch now. Other than that there was the same stern face of her childhood. Along with sorrow came anger, how could they not even care enough to contact her? She had a child that was a year old and they had never met her. Going around to the front door she rapped smartly on it. Her mother answered. Elation and old anger were a strange mixture on that face. “What are you doing back here?” The words were like a stab to the chest. “I thought you should know that your granddaughter celebrated her first birthday tonight. Her name is Michelle and shes the prettiest little thing. You may hate me but Michelle is your granddaughter. I thought you should know.” Her mother's face was absolutely blank. No reaction. Trinity's father came up being his wife to find out what was taking her so long. There was no elation on his face, only anger. Vein throbbing, purple faced anger. Such anger used to quail her now it only annoyed her. The wolf chomped at the bit wanting to tear into him for his hurtful words. Rolling her eyes she turned away. “Yeah I'm going. Live in your sad little world. Kaiden is a good man and a better father than you. He would fight to his dying breath for our baby.” Shaking her head she stalked down the drive and turned to catch a final glimpse of her parents in the doorway. How small their world seemed now. Trinity pitied them. Shaking her head she jogged out of sight of the houses and shifted back among the trees. She all but flew back home where Kaiden was awake and waiting for her. He knew where she had gone, she didn't need to say a thing and when he took her in his arms she knew it was home.

As many days as they partied was how long it took them to clean up. No one was as eager for that part though Kaiden kept them laughing throughout most of it. Afterward settled back into the same pattern. By now Trinity had finished her schooling though she preferred to spend time with her daughter over putting it into practical use. Kaiden owned a hospital, they were set. Though once Michelle was one Trinity did start hinting at marriage. Yes they were mates and didn't need a formal wedding to know they were going to be together forever, but that human part of Trinity wanted it. Wanted the stupid white dress and the church and flowers. Wanted the wedding cake and to dress Michelle up for their flower girl. Still either Kaiden was clueless or against the idea because he never actually popped the question. Part of her also wanted to send out an invite to her parents. They would never come of course but she wanted to prove how wrong they had always been about Kaiden. She wished they could have seen what an amazing man he was. But they had never been able to look past the rock and skull tshirts and his dreadlocks. That and all the fights he used to get into when they first began to date. That didn't help either. Still he never asked and it was beginning to drive Trinity batty. Or maybe that was because that wolfish part of herself must have gone into heat or something because she found herself craving Kaiden almost to distraction. Most of the time to distraction. That wolfish part of her wanted more babies though the human part was happy with Michelle for right now. Still it didn't stop her from coaxing her mate into bed at all hours of the day. Bed not required considering some of the places they were nearly caught.

She'd started dropping little hints here and there, whether it be a pretty white dress or some pictures she came across while browsing the internet, she wanted a wedding, and Kaiden would give her one. Just as soon as the ring he had ordered came in. Until then he remained "oblivious" to her little hints and nudges, he knew it wasn't totally fair to her, but he wanted to surprise her. She had been human before everything else, and he knew she wanted a wedding, and he would give her the one of her dreams. But first he needed that damn ring and to propose to her. He was still planning it out, working things out on his laptop, ordering this and that, it would be very obvious that their wedding would be an expensive one, and it would be hosted right there at the house. Of course for that day everyone would be on their best behavior, human friends of Trinity and Kaiden would be over that day, and Kaiden only wished his parents were alive to see it as well. So focused had he been that he hadn't noticed Trinity walk into the room right away, he startled when she spoke and slammed his laptop shut, turning wide, golden yellow eyes to Trinity, "Sorry, I didn't catch what you said, I was...er...focused on something important." He gave her a smile as she laughed at him, and welcomed the embrace of her arms, mirroring the action and holding her right against him. They were interrupted when Kaiden's phone started ringing, pulling the device from his pocket he answered it, "Hello?" "Hello Kaiden, this is Millie at Basset Jewelers, the ring you ordered came in and is waiting for you to pick it up." A grin suddenly spread across his face and he nodded to the phone, "Thank you very much Millie, I'll be over to pick it up within the hour." And with that he hung up and stuck his phone back into his pocket. Looking up at the questioning look on Trinity's face he simply kissed her cheek, "I've gotta go, I'll be back in a bit, if anyone gives you trouble while I'm gone, don't be afraid to smack them." He winked and stood up, slipping out of her arms and changing from his lazy at home clothes, to something more public worthy, a pair of snug dark blue jeans and a plain black T-shirt. Walking over to Trinity he leaned down and kissed her softly, "Your confusion will be cleared in a bit, I promise." With a wink he left her standing there, grabbing his keys and quickly left the house.

He drove into town quickly and parked in the lot of the Jewelery store, he exited his car and quickly walked into the store. He always felt under dressed when he was in the store, but put the feeling aside and walked up to the counter, he was greeted by a friendly middle aged woman with just the beginnings of grey in her chocolate hair. She gave him a hesitant smile, "Hello, what can I do for you?" He placed his hands on the cool glass and returned her smile, "I'm here to pick up a ring I ordered, under the name Kaiden Woodson." The woman nodded quickly and scuttered into a back room, coming out a moment later with a small black velvet box. She set it on the glass and pushed it towards him, Kaiden reached out and took the small box, opening it he gazed down at the ring he had custom made for Trinity. Biting his lip he nodded in approval, "Its gorgeous. Even more beautiful now that I can actually see it. Thank you very much." He paid and stuck the box in his pocket, returning to his car and making the drive home. Walking inside he didn't waste a moment and sought Trinity out, coming up behind Trinity he wrapped his arms around her, pulling her back against him, "Want to go for a run with me? I need to talk to you in private." When she agreed he took her hand and led her outside, letting his wolf take over he quickly shifted forms, waiting for her to follow his lead before taking off across the yard. He led her deeper into the woods than they had ever gone before, and after about an hour of solid running the distant sound of a waterfall could be heard. Stopping he turned back to look at her, giving her a wolfish grin, "We're almost there, I promise." He turned and took off running again, laughing as she groaned and complained for the umpteenth time about running for so long. It only took another fifteen minutes before Kaiden stopped and shifted back, he stuffed his hands in his pockets, fingers curling around the little velvet box as he waited for Trinity to catch up to him. Once she had and shifted back as well he wrapped his arm around her waist and they walked out into a beautiful clearing.

The waterfall could be heard full force now, rushing over the silvery rocks, stepping into the clearing had been like stepping into a different world, the sun shone brightly on the rippling pool of water below the waterfall, the grass shone brightly, swaying in the gental breeze, small animals and a deer grazed peacefully on the other side of the water, unaware, or just unconcerned about the intrusion upon their small slice of paradise. Kaiden pulled away from Trinity, taking her hand in his and leading her further into the almost mythical clearing. Turning to face her fully he took her other hand in his, holding both her hands tightly as he leaned down and pressed his forehead against hers, "Trinity, there's so much in this world that you don't know yet, all those stories you read as a child about unicorns and dragons, they exist, in places like this. Places hidden away from the world and away from prying eyes, safe places guarded by creatures like us. And now that I have you here, all to myself, I wanted to ask you something." He pulled away, dropping one of her hands as he got down on one knee in front of her, reaching in his pocket he pulled out that small velvet box and opened it up. Holding it up he looked up into her eyes, "Trinity, we've been together for so long now, and I know, I have known since the moment I met you that I would spend the rest of my life with you." He paused and bit his lip, his gaze shifting off to the side as the sound of tentative steps could be heard before one of those mythical creatures Kaiden had spoken about earlier stepped into the light. It was a unicorn, creamy white in color with a mane that seemed to be made of liquid silver, its head turned to look at the two werewolves in the clearing before dipping down and taking a drink of the water. Kaiden smiled at the wondrous look on Trinity's face, straightening up he leaned in and whispered in her ear, "Will you marry me, Trinity?"

Once Kaiden returned from his mysterious errand he asked if she wanted to go for a run. Trinity had yet to turn him down on such an offer and she wouldn't this time. Shifting came naturally now, with none of the pain she had experienced in the beginning. Shaking out her fur she raised her muzzle and sniffed at the air, clean foresty scents drifted back towards her. Taking off after her mate she relished her second form. Hard springy earth under her paws, the wind ruffling her reddish fur, the stretch of muscles in her body. Going wolf felt as natural as her human form, it felt now as if she had always been this way. Kaiden's massive form darted ahead of her and she sprinted after it, managing to keep on his tail. Kaiden was bigger and much stronger but Trinity was a quick little thing. Only Kaiden had much more stamina. Something he seemed intent on proving as the pair went deeper into the woods than he had ever taken her before. For the first half hour she kept pace easy, within forty-five minutes she began to lag. By the time an hour had gone by Trinity was finding it rather difficult to keep up. By this point her curiosity was mixing with irritation. Kaiden seemed to have somewhere in mind, as much as she wanted to see it, she also wanted to give up and start home. He assured her they were close and the pair pressed on. For the last fifteen minutes she had been hearing the roar of a waterfall getting louder as they drew closer. Finally, and at long last, Kaiden stopped and shifted back into his human form. Slowly Trinity walked over and shifted back into her wolf form. Irritation was still a very strong emotion for her right now but she held her tongue as her mate snaked his arm around her waist. Thus so did he lead her into the clearing. All anger melted away as Trinity looked around in awe. It was so picturesque, so incredibly fairy tale. Seeing such a magical place only reinforced her desire to one day meet other mythical beings. If there had been a ramshackle cottage she could believe a witch lived there or perhaps Aurora from sleeping beauty. Had those women existed at one point too or were they actual stories? Her gaze was brought back to the golden eyes of her beloved as his forehead pressed against hers. All of this was only possible because he was there with her, love swelled her heart and she smiled up at him. It was all so fairytale, when he dropped to a knee in front of her he looked almost like a prince from a storybook. A prince with a leaf caught in his hair. How could she have been this lucky? The softest of footfalls drew the couples attention as a beast she had only ever read about stepped into the clearing. Its coat was so white it was almost blinding, its mane fluttered in a nonexistent breeze, and crowning its head was a golden spiral horn. Trinity's breath caught as liquid dark eyes met hers for the briefest of seconds. Intelligence sparkled there, this was no mere animal. It knew what they were she felt it as the great beast ignored them and dipped its head down to drink.

Kaiden's breath whispered across her ear and his words had a smile blooming on her face. Her tongue felt tied and she couldn't answer him for a moment, when she finally found the words all she could think to say was “do you even have to ask?” He chuckled as her arms flew around him, their lips met briefly. “Yes! Yes! A thousand times yes!” Her voice had startled the unicorn and it lifted its majestic head to watch the werewolf couple embrace. Silent and graceful it picked its way across the clearing towards them. Powerful muscles rippled under its white coat, from the confident way it moved it was clear the beast was unafraid of them. Stopping before them it dipped its head and Trinity felt the prick of its horn on her collar. She and Kaiden had stepped apart to watch the unicorn. Fear didn't factor in as a rivulet of blood trickled down into the inside of her shirt. The prick stung for a moment and then the pain was gone as the horn healed it. A silvery mark was left in its place. Those dark eyes met hers and it let her touch its soft mane for a moment and then it was gone. “You know I think it was blessing us.” She looked at Kaiden, wonder filled her eyes, shining almost as brightly as the ring on her finger. He nodded. “One day... when Michelle gets bigger I want to travel together. I want to see what this wide world has to offer. I want to see the mythical creatures people don't believe in anymore. I want to see a dragon in flight, watch a Phoenix rise from the ashes, see a mermaid slice through the water. I want it all and I want you by my side for every step of it. You've given me so much. Love, life, our precious daughter. I love you Kaiden, no one and nothing will ever change that.” Their arms had found their ways around the other once again. Laying her head on his chest she gazed at the shimmering cascade of water bouncing off the rocks. The waterfall was beautiful, animals had drifted towards the pool and were drinking from it. There was so much mystery and beauty in the world that she wanted to see. To capture fleetingly in some manner. As the pair prepared to head back, after a long while lingering, and promises to come back, Trinity plucked a tiny white blossom from a little patch of them. The petals were delicate and perfect, gingerly she tucked it into her pocket and shifted. She wanted a memento of this and wanted to press the flower when they got home.

The pack was overjoyed by the wedding, though they had already seemed clued in somehow. Kaiden had kept it a secret from Trinity but the rest of the pack had somehow gotten a memo she hadn't. Either way it was set for five months from now. It was set for August 15th Trinity remembered the day clearly for it was the day of their first meeting. It had been pretty much love at first sight for a pair of teenagers. Six years and a daughter later found them getting married. Many were invited. Old friends, new friends, girls that had always crushed on Kaiden and were now partially devastated to see he was getting married. If they knew what he was Trinity doubted they would be as interested. Mostly she invited them to rub their noses in it. Those girls had always tried to steal Kaiden away. She didn't doubt one or two would still give it an effort. It was simply the types of girls they were. But she trusted Kaiden, they were more than in love they were mates. As Michelle had grown over the past year she had evened out in many places. Mostly meaning the sharp teeth weren't as noticeable and if her claws were trimmed down she looked like any other adorable little girl with golden eyes. As much time as Trinity spent on her own dress she spent just as much time on her daughters dress. Michelle was like a little doll during this period and submitted to her mothers dress up. In the end a forest green dress was what Trinity decided on with gold trimming. It brought out the gold in her eyes and she looked absolutely adorable. As for her own dress she picked out a silvery white dress that reminded her of the unicorns flowing mane. Keeping in the theme her dress was loose and flowy as well. When the day of their wedding arrive she knew her choice was one well made by the look on Kaiden's face. He looked almost star struck and absolutely dashing in his suit. The vows were given, tears were shed, love until death was promised, Michelle was passed around to many until she began to cry. Overall it was a wonderful day. Despite the girls getting drunk and throwing themselves at anything with a penis, Kaiden included. The pack was on its very best behavior and there were no incidents. The only blight on Trinity's happiness was that her parents never bother to show or even call. She had sent them an invitation and she knew she would send a picture of her, Kaiden, and little Michelle in all their finery. The picture would probably be ripped up but she wanted to make the effort. They were still her parents after all.

Their wedding was a lively affair indeed, Kaiden had pulled all the stops dot the occasion, it would be a day to remember for sure. Michelle looked absolutely adorable in her little dress, and Kaiden couldn't get enough of her. Though once her howling cries started up Kaiden was at her side in an instant, taking her from the girl, Anyssa as he recalled, and took her away from all the excitement of the reception party. Sitting down in a chair with the little girl on his lap he coaxed the tears away and had the little girl laughing in no time. Unbeknownst to the pair most eyes had drifted over to watch them. Kaiden had a careful grip on her sides, his strong fingers lightly tickling her as he nuzzles his face against her cheek, Michelle was laughing and squealing in delight, her tiny hands finding purchase on a few of his tightly would dreadlocks. Noticing the sudden lack in background noise Kaiden turned to look at all the people staring at him, his face going hard and his eyes narrowing slightly, "What? Never seen a grown man play with his daughter before?" This earned quite the response as many of the onlookers busted into laughter and returned to the party. It was nearing the end of things when a car pulled into the driveway, two people exited the car and moved around to the backyard to join the party. The late arrivals had caught the attention of the pack, their keen ears having easily picked up the soft noises. It was Trinity's parents, finally deciding to show up. The older couple had been obviously shocked by the sheer size of the mansion, and the very obviously expensive decorations for the wedding.

Kaiden moved over to Trinity who hadn't yet noticed the arrival and kissed her cheek, hugging her from behind as he turned her to face her parents, "Trin, your parents are here." Kaiden left her to her parents in favor of taking Michelle in his arms, he stood off to the side and behind Trinity as she moved to her parents. His listened carefully as they spoke, tense words and a few hand gestures happened before Trinity turned and beckoned Kaiden forward. Adjusting Michelle in his hip he stepped over to them and nodded to the older couple, "Glad you guys could make it, sorry there isn't much left, but things are starting to wind down now. Speaking of..." He turned to look at Trinity, placing a kiss on her cheek, "I'm going to go put Michelle to bed, she's getting cranky and I don't want her biting anyone." He grinned and was about to leave when his newly betrothed wife stopped him with a hand on his arm, he turned back to her and was surprised when she placed a lingering kiss on his lips. Smiling he tucked a stray lock of hair behind her ear, "I love you." With that he left, walking inside the house he headed up the stairs and to Michelle's room. He changed her out of the pretty dress and into her little pink and purple onesie before laying her down in her crib. Leaning over the edge he hung his arm down, stroking her soft hair as his daughter slowly fell asleep under his touch, a soft, loving smile slipped onto his lips as he watched her, his words soft as he spoke, "Sleep well, my precious little miracle."

Kaiden returned to the dying party soon after to find Trinity arguing with her parents, furrowing his brows he quickly moved over to them, stopping whatever was being said as he stepped between his wife and her parents, "Hey, what the hell? This is not the day to be having any sort of argument, this day is a happy day, and if you two can't deal with that, then I'm going to have to ask you to leave my property. I don't want you to leave, I want you guys to make up and be a family again, but you can't do that if you're only going to argue and try forcing Trinity to do things she doesn't want to do. She isn't either of you two, she's her own person, not something for you to mold into what you want her to be. She's a mother, a wife, and so much more than you two could ever know. She's an adult, she has her teaching license, she's married with a kid, you can't tell her what to do anymore. She isn't a child." His little tirade seemed to shock her parents into silence, before this they hadn't heard the man speak more than ten words to them.

The reception was beginning to wind down when they finally showed. It was actually Kaiden that pointed them out to her. A mix of emotions filled Trinity as she walked over to her parents. Annoyance at their late arrival, happiness that they had even showed at all, and apprehension about talking to them. Especially after how things had been left the last time. The air was tense between the parents and their child. “So you're married now.” Her father's first words to her in months, said so stiffly it was amazing he could get them past his lips at all. “Yes dad I am. I'm married and I have a daughter. Would you like to see her?” Without waiting for their consent she waved Kaiden over, sitting in his arms was their little girl. Michelle was obviously tired by this point, a thumb was in her mouth, little head pillowed on her fathers shoulder. Golden eyes stared at the older couple before her. There was no spark of recognition in there, that little girl had no clue who they were. To Trinity that was so sad. What was worse was that her parents barely spared a glance for their granddaughter. Their eyes were fixed on her. Seeing not the woman she was now, but the perfect little daughter. They still wanted to mold her back into that image, she could read it in their eyes. Anger flared anew. How dare they? She wanted to impress on them that this was where she belonged, remind them she was married now. Trinity wanted them to be happy for her, to realize Kaiden was a good man and a good father. Clearly even the obvious evidence of his wealth still didn't make him good enough. As her husband left to take their child to bed she tugged him close and kissed him, echoing his sentiment. The shock and irritation on her parents faces fueled her own. Silence reigned for a solid minute, the tense awkward air stretching between them. Finally Trinity cleared her throat. “I finished my schooling and got my teachings license a few months ago.” Such news would have brought them such joy in the past, now it seemed to fall on deaf ears. “Michelle is a clever little girl. So smart. She knows her abcs.. at least me and Kaiden want to say she does. She can sing the song at least.” Her mother, who had remained silent until now, could remain silent no longer. “Trinity come home! We can fix this mistake of yours. That man can keep the child, we'll make ut go away.” The words seemed to burst forth, she couldn't even say the names Kaiden or Michelle. They were nothing to her. “Mistakes? Mother Kaiden isn't a mistake, my daughter isn't a mistake.” Her mother continued regardless, as if her daughter hadn't spoken at all. “When you told us we were so mad. If we hadn't been so rash we could have gotten the whole mess taken care of then, but there's still time.” The horror of those words seemed to sink under her skin. “Mess? Mistake? Are yo-” yes that was exactly what she was saying, if her mother had the choice Michelle wouldn't have been born at all. “How dare you! You come to my wedding and propose that I leave my child and husband? For what? Your life? I don't want your life. I'm building my own!” Her father huffed. “You're too young to realize what you want. Don't be stupid Trinity, your mother and I have been talking and have decided to let you come back home.” From the way he spoke it was like he thought it some punishment and now she was allowed out of the corner. He expected her to just bow her head and go home? He obviously didn't know her anymore.

When Kaiden returned the argument had heated even further. The strongest of loves could turn into the strongest of hates and right now Trinity almost hated them. Hated them for their mean little lives. Hated them for their treatment of Kaiden, for their ignoring the existence of Michelle. Hated that they wanted to fit her into their little box and didn't realize she wasn't a child anymore. As Kaiden spoke it was hard to love him anymore than she did but she managed, her hand found his, linking their fingers together. “Go home. I don't want you here anymore.” Kaiden was silent now and they left without another word. Anger morphed into tears as she related the argument to her new husband. Kaiden's face was expressionless though his words were soothing. “It was a lovely lovely wedding.. I don't want to let them ruin it.” She said after a few moments, Kaiden's arms were locked around her waist, her head resting on his chest. “Can we go upstairs and get me out of this dress now? Everyone's pretty much gone home by this point and whoever hasn't is passed out in various parts of the house.” His voice was soft against her ear as he agreed, with his help she was out of the dress. She stood in the middle of their dark room naked, enjoying the play of air on her body, the freeing feeling of having nothing on. She could feel Kaiden's eyes on her and relished that as well. Turning to face him she smiled and held her arms out to him. He came to her and their arms wound around each other. “Want to break in the marriage bed?” She teased, Trinity could feel his eagerness pressing against her. It was all the answer he gave and it was all the answer she needed.

Afterward she stretched out on her back, Kaiden's head was pillowed on her breast as he toyed with a lock of her long dark hair. Both were silent until the crying of their child had them both sitting up. Grabbing a shirt from the floor Trinity pulled it on, Kaiden had followed suit with a pair of pants. Once Michelle had grown out of infancy stage she had been moved to a room right beside their own. “Its alright love I've got her.” She stopped him before he could finish pulling on the pants, his teeth flashed white in the moonlight as he smiled. Kissing his cheek she hurried down the dark hall to the room right near theirs. The room was dark when she pushed the door open. Strange, Trinity always kept the little teddy bear night light burning. That and she never closed the blinds. Michelle loved the moon, loved to point at it and say “moo” for the book they read. Her body was on high alert as she entered the room. Michelle was crying but it sounded muffled now, like the little girl had pressed her face against something. Her fingers fumbled for the light switch only nothing came on. There was a breathing in the room that didn't belong to her. “Who's there!” A voice she remembered from her nightmares answered her out of the darkness. “I see the man finally claimed you. Too bad we would have had such fun together. Oh well. If I can't break him one way I'll break him another.” Horrible realization set in and Trinity held out her arms her voice cracking. “Jake please. Don't hurt my baby.” Her eyes had grown accustomed to the darkness now. She could see his form standing near the crib, he was holding Michelle. She looked unharmed. “Mama?” Little arms reached for Trinity as the little girl struggled to get to her. “She's an abomination she shouldn't be alive at all.” He snapped. Michelle was on the verge of crying again. “You're a werewolf now I can smell it on you, just spread your legs and make more. But this one. This one is wrong. It shouldn't be alive at all.” Trinity had never felt such fear in her entire life, more even than the last time she had encountered this man, she wasn't afraid for herself, she was afraid for her child. “Please Jake, Michelle is my precious girl. Don't hurt her.” Michelle was still whimpering and Trinity prayed she wouldn't cry and attract his attention. Her prayers must have been lost for suddenly Michelle was bawling. “Little brat!” The sound of something breaking was heard and the room was flooded in moonlight. The window was open and she could see Jake silhouetted against the window. Her heart lurched as she wondered if he had tossed the baby out, but Michelle was still in his arms and it hit her. He could have killed Michelle but he wanted Kaiden to see it while he did. This was all about revenge, just as it had been before.

The sound of something breaking in the next room over drew a worried Kaiden out of bed, walking quickly down the dark hallway gave his wolfish eyes plenty of time to adjust to the darkness. His words of concern were caught in his throat as he came to the doorway of the room, his eyes were locked on Jake who held his child, sheer terror, and pure rage surged through him at that moment. Stepping around Trinity he stopped in the middle of the room, his hands held up and well in view of the man at the window, "Jake, don't do anything stupid. Please Jake. I get that you hate, I get that you blame my sisters death on me, and that's okay. But please, please Jake, don't hurt my child. Just put her down and we can go talk this over, there's no need for blood to be spilled tonight." Jake had listened with a blank face as Kaiden spoke, not once noticing as the man had begun to slowly creep closer and closer to him. Suddenly Kaiden's hands snapped out, one quickly snatching Michelle and the other gripping Jake's neck tightly turning his head Kaiden gestured for Trinity to take Michelle. Once his daughter was safe in her arms did Kaiden turn his full attention to Jake, his rage boiled up and was let out full force on Jake, "How dare you. You come into my home, threaten my family, intrude on my territory, and you think there will be no consequences? You think I'll just let you walk away? You're dead fucking wrong Jake." His words had been snarled out, his hand ever tightening its grip on Jake's throat, turning his head to Trinity he jerked it to the side, "Get out of here."

Once Trinity had left with Michelle Kaiden jerked Jake forward and dragged him down the hall, the man snarled and growled, thrashing around as he tried to break the grip on his neck. All the noise drew out the rest of the pack, bleary eyed they watched on as their Alpha dragged the intruder out of the house and onto the front lawn. The moment they got outside both men shifted forms, their bodies slamming together as they fought, it was an even more bloody and vicious fight then the one between Kaiden and Maggy all those months ago. Fur from both wolves flew, both had deep gashes and blood coated muzzles, their fight was a fight that could have been life or death. But it ended quickly as Jake suddenly turned tail and bolted through the trees, Kaiden and several of the others gave chase, but Jake was quick in his paws and easily gave them the slip. The group returned to the house to find Trinity standing in the doorway with Michelle in her arms, Kaiden shifted back and quickly walked over to them. His hands shaking as he gently touched their faces, blinking back the tears in his eyes as he rested his forehead against hers, "Its time Trinity. I'm going to teach you everything I know. Our baby isn't safe, but I am not going to be running away, I am not giving up my territory, my home. I'm not going to raise our child on the run, that is no sort of life for her, us, or the pack. It's time to step up now." At the look she gave him he sighed and took Michelle, handing her over to his beta and nodding for him to take her inside.

Taking Trinity's hand he led her out onto the blood and fur splattered lawn, paying no heed to the multiple cuts and gouges on his body as he took Trinity's hands in his, "Its time to put aside that human part of you now. Time for you to learn how to fight, to help protect our baby, Jake was just the first of many, he got away, he's going to tell the others... he's going to tell them what Michelle is. And they're going to come for her, to kill her. Our baby isn't safe now, and I can't protect her on my own, I need your help. So I'm going to teach you how to put your human side away, teach you how to fight, and how to kill one of us." The very idea of her killing anything that wasn't a fly greatly disturbed Kaiden, he just couldn't see Trinity doing anything so vicious, and he hoped it wouldn't come down to that, he hoped that the only one who would kill would be him. Once night turned into day, and after a sleepless night, Kaiden had his beta, Jacob, take Michelle while he started Trinity's training. The two were in the backyard, clad in lightweight clothes that would be optimal for the training session. Stretching his arms out Kaiden looked at Trinity, she looked nervous, on edge, and he didn't blame her one bit, he himself was on edge. Taking a deep breath he snapped his fingers, dragging her attention from the tree line to him, he gave her a little smirk and crossed his arms, "Time to get lessons from the big bad wolf now Trin. You ready?" At her nod Kaiden didn't give her any warning, he launched straight into an attack, his hand grabbed her neck as his foot shot out and knocked her legs out from under her, his hand released her neck as she fell to the ground and he gave a low grunt. Crossing his arms he looked down at her, one brow raised slightly, "I asked you if you were ready."

After what had just happened with Jake, Trinity was more than eager to learn to protect her family. Though she couldn't help doubting her own ability to do so. The feeling of helplessness that had consumed her as Jake held Michelle captive was hard to push past. Still, she knew she had to do it. Trinity agreed with Kaiden, she didn't want to run away from their home. It really only left them with one option. Stand and fight any that would come and harm their pack. From afar the blood splatters hadn't look quite so bad, as Trinity saw them up close crossing the yard she saw the full damage. Jake would be nursing his own set of wounds tonight. If anyone would teach her to fight and fight well it would be Kaiden. The human portion of Trinity was appalled and horrified by what she had witnessed. The wolfish side relished the metallic scent of blood and thrummed with the urge to fight and defend. Trinity had thought it would be difficult to set her human emotions aside, but once she welcoming those urges she found it relatively easy. She was able to look around at the scene without the fear that made her knees quake. Instead she felt fierce satisfaction that they had chased the enemy off. What actually scared her was how badly she wanted to tear into the enemy herself. For a moment that human side resurfaced briefly as Kaiden squared off against her. Distracted she could do no more than fall heavily as Kaiden knocked her feet out from under her. All the air rushed out of her lungs, unable to answer straight away she flipped him off. After a moment to catch her breath she stood. Having already learned that human emotions were simply a distraction. Firmly she detached herself from them and tucked them away. Her pale blue eyes hardened to ice and she nodded once again. Using instinct and reflexes she was able to dance away from his lunge. Thus the coaching began. Kaiden taught her what to look for that would ID what move an enemy would make. He taught her to dodge what she could, considering her size and speed that was best for her, what she couldn't get away from he taught her tricks on how to break out. He told her it was okay to fight dirty if need be. Kaiden was more concerned with her welfare. For the first week of training they focused exclusively on the human aspect. Kaiden was retraining everyone. Kai and his beta were launching ambushes all over the house, to teach people that attacks could come anywhere, anytime. Once he even launched an attack while Trinity was in the shower. Freaked her out so bad she acted on instinct and the poor man was kneed in a not so comfortable area. Trinity felt horrible and kept apologizing for it, though Kaiden told her it was fine. Least she was protecting herself. He also got her while she was asleep one night, Michelle had been moved to their room. Her startled scream woke the baby who started crying. Annoyed as she was by these ambushes she knew they were an effective teaching tool.

Week two was devoted to wolf forms. The same method that was followed the previous week. Trinity had to stay in wolf form unless she was attending to Michelle. Closer to the end of the week Kaiden allowed her to change back to human form though he would attack her in wolf form so she had to shift and meet him head on. It served two purposes, showed how to stave off an initial attack of a wolf as a human, and made her shifting quicker. For the most part Kaiden didn't go out of his way to hurt her, but she was learning to fight after all. There were some casualties. Luckily being a werewolf they healed fast. It had been two weeks since Jake, things seemed to settle down but the entire pack was still on edge. Patrols were set and everyone attended training. Along with teaching her how to fight Kaiden was drilling the others and going out on night patrols. Someone was always watching Michelle and she was never left alone. If Kaiden or Trinity wasn't with her. it was his beta. or a trusted pack member. It had been a month since the first attack now. Everyone was on edge, they could feel the tenseness in the air. Jake was only the beginning there was plenty more to come. By now Trinity was a competent enough fighter in wolf and human form that she could hold off an enemy until someone came to help and get in a few good licks of her own. Kaiden was continuously training her, it would be many years before she was on level with him, if ever, but at least she wouldn't hold anyone back. Being able to fight made her feel less helpless, less like a silly damsel in distress. If her parents had only let her take karate like she wanted as a kid. A comment she joked about to Kaiden from time to time when things were feeling stretched to the breaking point. Trinity was making good progress thanks to how hard Kaiden was pushing them all. “Somethings coming. I can feel it.” Trinity whispered one night, after a bout of quiet lovemaking. She was curled up against Kaiden's side her cheek resting on his bare chest. Idly his hand caressed her back, he was silent. “You can feel it too, I know you do. There's more coming for us. For Michelle. We will beat them back. We have too.” She tried to interject more confidence in her voice than she was really feeling. Trinity would fight to the death for her child, but would it be enough. Moonlight slanted into the room highlighting their naked bodies. Gently she drew little circles on Kaiden's chest. “I don't understand... Michelle is just a baby why should she be so hated? Why are half breeds slain before they are a year old? Is it like a pureblood thing? No werewolf should dilute its blood or something?”

Everything was stepped up after that first week of training Trinity, and retraining the pack, Kaiden and Jacob set up ambushes around the house and even in the yard and the surrounding trees. He wanted everyone to always be on their guard, always be ready for anything and everything at once. The pack took the training and ambushes seriously, this was one of their own they were working to defend, a pup in the pack was worth more than gold, they were the future. A month had passed and nothing had happened yet, but on his night patrols Kaiden had begun to catch the scents of other wolves from other packs, and not just from the packs around town either, packs from all over the area were starting to scout out his territory. That night, after a quiet session of lovemaking, Trinity brought it up, she stayed home with Michelle most of the time, but she could feel it, just as he and the rest of the pack could, something was coming for them. Taking a deep breath he nodded slowly, "Yeah I feel it. I can smell them at the borders of the territory every night. They're scoping the area out, looking for weak spots, anything to give them the upper hand. They won't find it Trinity. I have my entire pack here again, there are over thirty wolves working to keep this place secure, to keep Michelle safe." Sighing he sat up slowly, looking down at Trinity as she asked why Michelle being alive was such a huge deal, why it caused this sort of reaction. Shaking his head he glanced over to the crib, his wolfish eyes easily able to see his daughter in the dark room, "They aren't allowed to live because they have all our strengths, and none of our weaknesses. All the strengths of a human and a werewolf, and none of the weaknesses. That means she won't get sick, she'll have stamina that's nearly endless, battle prowess that not even I can achieve, the ability to learn faster, more effectively... she could be something that could be used to wipe us all out for good. It would only take swaying her thoughts, changing her opinion, and she could kill every last one of us. And that's exactly why she needs to live. Because if she's raised in our world, following our rules, living our way of life, she won't be an enemy, but an allie. She can be someone who can change our opinion on things like her, she can show the world that werewolves and humans can mix, that we can live together, create life together... she can show those silly humans that we don't want to eat them, we don't want to destroy everything, we just want to live in peace."

Sighing he stood from the bed and pulled on a pair of loose fitting basketball shorts, pausing to stop and look in on Michelle before moving over to the window, "Mixed in with all the other scents, I even scented Maggy out there with them. I used to trust her with my life, with my pack, and now she's out there, hunting us like all the rest of them." His hands balled into fists and he slammed them down hard on the windowsill, "Am I making the right choice, Trinity? Choosing to stand and fight, is it the right thing to do? Or am I just sentencing us all to a horrible death here?" He wouldn't hear her reply though, movement in the tree line brought his full attention to it, his body instantly tensing up, eyes fully focused on the subtle rustling of leaves in a bush. A flash of creamy fur darted out of the forest and Kaiden spun around, hands reaching into the crib and picking up the still sleeping child, his words, most likely interrupting her, were quick and quiet, " Take her all the way to the basement, if you turn right just at the bottom of the stairs and go under them, there's a hidden doorway beneath the stairs," he pulled an obviously very old key from a drawer in his desk and pressed it into her hand, "this key unlocks the door. Take her in there, stay in there with her, you're her last line of defense, if you fall, she dies." His hands moved to grip her shoulders and he quickly spun her around and gave her a hard shove out his door, "Go!" It was the last thing he said before shifting forms and bolting past her. That had been Maggy that had darted through the trees, and he knew she wasn't alone, the house was soon a flurry of noise and activity, howls echoing through the halls as claws scraped on hard wood from the wolves rushing through the building. They were ready to fight, to defend, and even to die to keep the pack safe, to keep Michelle safe.

Thirty wolves stood guard around the house, Kaiden, Jacob, and Joe standing together at the main entrance, they were the three largest, the three best fighters, and honestly the most intimidating out of the pack. Each bore a pelt that was as dark as midnight, with rippling muscles and glistening teeth, the three of them could have been mistaken for the mythical beast Cerberus, with his three massive heads, and thick body. Maggy showed up finally with ten other wolves at her side, eleven faced off against three, four, five...ten. Ten against nine, and it all started when Maggy charged forward, Kaiden moving to meet her. After that it was a flurry of movement in front of the door, fur flew, blood flew, yelps and barks echoed through the night air, and somehow, Maggy managed to slip away. A different wolf had begun to attack Kaiden, giving the small creamy wolf a chance to slip away and move inside the house. Not a single wolf had been left inside the house, but she could smell that abomination, it was still inside the place. So she followed her nose, down the hallway, to the left, and down into the basement, but the trail cut off at a wall. No, not a wall, it was that room. That room filled with dried blood, old fur, and even a few bonesroom, chains that hung limply from the walls, it was that room that had held a once completely insane Kaiden inside it. And it was that room that was built to withstand even a nuclear attack, only those with a key could access the inside of the roomwalls. With a malicious grin Maggy shifted back and reached into her pocket, pulling out a key identical to the one Kaiden had given Trinity and slid it into the lock, slowly twisting it and listening to the sound of the tumblers rolling into place.

Without argument Trinity clutched the key and bolted downstairs with Michelle cradled in the crook of her arm. The child had woken at this point, but as if sensing the danger herself stayed quiet. Fury and fear poured through her with each frantic pounding of her heart. It took her an extra anxious minute simply to find the hidden doorway. If one didn't know it was there, you wouldn't be able to find it. It was camouflaged that well. Sliding the key into the lock she listened as the tumblers fell into place and eased it open. Pitch darkness enfolded her and her daughter as Trinity stepped inside, some fumbling later found a hanging light bulb in the center of the room. It was a large room, completely barren of everything but a thick coil of chain and a pallet in the corner. The floor was concrete as were the walls. If it didn't look so prison like Trinity would have thought this a panic room. As she fled she had snatched the blankets from the bed, not to cover her nakedness, but to wrap her daughter in. She was glad she had, the pallet smelled completely musty and moth ridden. Michelle stared up at her with big gold eyes as she fashioned a cozy little pocket. Most of the time if she was placed on the ground she wanted to explore, as if she understood how dangerous it was she stayed put. Seemingly too frightened to move. Trinity couldn't sit, instead she paced. Walking around in a complete circle, kneeling down to touch her daughters cheek with each circuit. The walls of the cell were so thick she could hear nothing of what was happening above, just her own shallow breathing. Fear was a hard band around her throat making it hard to breath. Fear for the pack, for Kaiden, but most of all for Michelle. Around and back again, stooping near the small child she brushed a curl of dark hair away from the anxious little face. “Mama?” It was the first sound she had uttered since being woken up. “Hush darling, it's okay. Mama's here.” Leaning in she kissed the small forehead. “Stay there for me okay. Listen to mommy now. Just stay.” The pallet had been situated off into the far corner, it was here that Michelle sat in her blankets. As far from the door as possible. Unable to sit still for long Trinity was back on her feet and walking towards the door. It was locked of course. Even knowing she couldn't hear the action above, she still strained her ears. Looking for any indication as to what was going on. Though odds were most of the fighting was taking place in the woods. Being on the out and away from everyone was almost more stressful because she didn't know what was happening.

It was yet another circuit around the room when the door flew open. Her wolf was already snapping at the bit, senses nearly overwhelming Trinity's human ones. The scent that tickled her nose wasn't that of her pack, she was well acquainted with their smells. No this one was foreign. Adrenaline rushed through her system, where once a human woman had been, was now a reddish brown wolf. Hackles raised, teeth bared, a low growl rumbled through her body. This wasn't just a wolf fighting another wolf, this was a mother protecting its child, and there would be no holds bared. Maggy was in human form in the doorway for a split second, two wolves faced off. One a creamy white, the other a reddish brown. Both were of fairly similar size, though it looks as if the white wolf was a touch bigger. The pair accessed each other. The fear in Trinity was gone now, it was all instinct now, the overwhelming instinct to protect her offspring. Michelle whimpered, it was this sound that drove her forward, putting herself between her baby and the enemy. Launching herself at Maggy she shoved the bigger wolf back, the attack took the previous beta off guard. She hadn't known Trinity had been changed and she certainly hadn't expected a fight. Trinity got a good bite in, jaws closing around Maggy's muzzle. Blood was metallic in her mouth as her teeth sliced in. She couldn't find purchase and Maggy shoved her off, claws digging into fur and pricking the flesh underneath. Nothing short of death would keep Trinity from ripping Maggy to pieces. Yips and growls filled the room, Michelle was petrified in the corner, her wails only adding to the sensory overload in the room. The two wolves wheeled apart and came together again, ripping and tearing at one another. Maggy's white coat was spotted in blood, Trinity's was as well but with her coloring it was hard to tell. The white wolf had size and experience on her hands, Trinity had a baby and would stop at nothing to protect it. Trinity was limping, the sensitive pad on her right foreleg had been slashed up, putting weight on it was too painful. Maggy fared little better. The blood covering her muzzle was distorting her senses. She was trying to focus on Trinity and also get to Michelle. All Trinity was focused on was Maggy and killing her.

Slipping in a pool of blood was Trinity's opening, Maggy stumbled for only a moment, but it was all the moment she needed. Heedless of the pain she propelled herself forward. Her teeth going right for the throat, body straddling the white wolf. Her teeth clamped down on the windpipe, holding on for all she was worth. Ignoring the pain of claws tearing open her soft underbelly, intent only on feeling the life drain from her opponent. It took many long minutes, or it felt that way, before Maggy finally went limp. Still Trinity held on. The wolf had overwhelmed everything else. Human Trinity would have let go once Maggy went limp. Human Trinity didn't want to kill. The wolf in her wanted to get rid of the danger to her child, utterly. So far gone she was that it took Michelle calling for her repeatedly that snapped her back. Stepping away from the corpse she limped over to her daughter. Michelle looked terrified but knew who this was, those wolf instincts in her knew it was her mother. Nuzzling the small face she licked it lightly. Shifting back to human form was difficult with her injuries. Her human body was peppered with cuts. The largest covered her belly, blood dripping down her thighs. Another sliced its way up her arm. Even being a werewolf these would take a few days to heal completely. They certainly wouldn't anytime soon. Grabbing the musty blanket from the pallet she tore it up and wrapped it around her torso and her hand. After she had locked the door again. Sinking down beside Michelle she picked her up and cuddled her on her lap. Her cuts throbbed painfully as she sat there trying to soothe her baby. It wasn't easy. Michelle had heightened senses because of her wolf traits and the smell of blood was freaking her out. Eventually Trinity managed to quiet her into little hiccups. An hour passed, blood had soaked through the bandages, and Trinity knew she needed to change them. Still no one came. After nearly two hours the door opened a second time. The young mother was on her feet in human form. The bandages were bloodied through but Trinity was intent on fighting if need be. “Bring it!” She snapped, more to add iron to her backbone. Sitting at Trinity's feet was Maggy's dead body. Michelle was back in the corner where it was safest. The door eased open and the scent that drifted through had her knees going out under her. Dropping to them she breathed a sigh of relief. “Kaiden.. thank all the gods."

The fight in front of the door quickly turned into a blood bath once Kaiden had killed the first of the attacking wolves, there were other fights going on around the house and in the forest, but Kaiden's main focus was guarding the only accessible entrance. So focused had he been that he didn't even notice Maggy slip away until the last wolf had fallen. He was about to rush inside when he was suddenly tackled, knocking him onto his side as arms closed around his neck and began to strangle him. His stomach was up, paws thrashing in the air as he struggled against the powerful grip on his neck. His body twisted and turned, finally he was able to lock his powerful teeth together in the tensed, bulging muscle of one of his assailents arms, causing the man to loosen his grip enough for Kaiden to slip out. Kaiden was on him in an instant, bloodstained teeth closing down around the tender flesh of the man's neck. He should have known better then to try taking him on in human form, there was no way he could have won. Panting heavily Kaiden shifted forms and ran inside, his bare feet hit the floors hard as he ran through the hallways, his footsteps echoing through the large home. He half slid down the stairs and into the basement, grabbing the spare key from above the door of the secret room and quickly unlocking the door. He heard Trinity say something from within and shook his head, feisty as ever. He pushed the door open slowly, hesitant to even step inside the room, just the door itself brought back horrid memories for him. The sight of Trinity on her knees, Maggy laying dead just in front of her brought mixed emotions to Kaiden as he pushed the door further open, he wanted to go to Trinity, but those four walls tormented him too much to allow him to do so. So he stood in the doorway, leaning down and grabbing the scruff of the dead wolf laying on the floor and dragging her limp body out of the room, "And yet more blood is added to pile." His words had meant to be mumbled to himself, but came out louder then he'd intended.

Turning back to Trinity he stood in the doorway, his hand held out to her, "Are you okay? I'm sorry, I'd come in but... this room..." He trailed off and looked away, his fingers tracing a set of long claw marks along the door. That was one thing she had never asked him about, his parents, where they were, what happened to them. Not once, and he was so thankful for that, but he knew after today, after seeing this room, she would need to know. He sighed and took Michelle from Trinity once they had left the room, holding his little girl tightly and kissing the top of her head, "You're okay baby girl. You're okay..." He walked up to the main level of the house, soothing his anxious pack by showing them that both Trinity and Michelle were unharmed and safe. Some time was spent with the entire pack simply laying in a disheveled heap on the living room floor, they spent several hours just sitting there, reaffirming their bonds. Eventually though Michelle began fussing, prompting both parents to get up and move to Kaiden's bedroom to feed her and settle her down in her crib. Kaiden moved to sit down at the desk in his room, his hands rubbing his face before looking at Trinity, "You don't have to ask, I'm going to tell you anyway. My parents died when I was a freshman, I kind of... lost myself for a while. I was everything a werewolf had been depicted as. I let the beast take over, and I had to be locked away. I was a danger to myself and anything with a heartbeat. So I was chained up and locked away inside that room for months. I clawed the walls, the doors, everything until my paws bled, and even afterwards. That room was soaked in my blood. But eventually I found myself again. You two are the only family I have left in this world, yes my pack matters, but they come and go. You two... you're the only constants in my life, and I'm not losing my family again. Never again."

Night soon turned into day and the pack set about cleaning up the bloody mess that had become their territory, bodies of wolves and humans alike were piled up in the back yard and burned, they weren't pack, so they didn't get any sort of burial. Kaiden was helping out with this, dragging the body of a large black wolf to the fire when Trinity came out with Michelle, he dropped what he was doing and jogged over to them, smiling softly as he leaned in and pressed first a kiss to Trinity's lips, then to Michelle's forehead. When her little hands reached out to him Kaiden chuckled and raised his own blood covered hands, "I can't take you baby girl, I'll get that pretty dress of yours dirty!" Still she grabbed at him, "Dada! Dada Dada!" This brought a loving grin to his face and he wiped his hands off on his jeans as best he could before taking her from Trinity. He kissed her cheek and watched as she played with the little decorations in his dreadlocks before turning to look at Trinity, "I'm proud of you by the way. For last night. It couldn't have been easy, making your first kill like that. But you did, and I'm so proud of you." The danger, however, wasn't over for them, this was only the first wave of attacks, there would be more to come, and they would be more organised, timed to catch them off guard. It wouldn't happen, the pack knew that this was only the beginning of a long, bloody time in their lives. Some would be lost, some would be broken, but the pack would not fall, they would stand and fight with their Alpha, fight to defend Michelle.

The next attack came only a week after the first, but like the first the attacking wolves were slaughtered, blood soaked the ground, bodies strewn about with a blood soaked Kaiden standing in the middle of it all. He was on three legs, his front left leg had been broken when a wolf had chomped down on him, snapping the bones and getting a ripped up neck in return. By the time the sun was setting bodies were being burnt once again, though Kaiden had to sit out with his broken arm, he made a quick trip to the hospital to get a cast put on it, he would only need the cast for two weeks, but during that time he wouldn't be able to shift forms, and so he was doubley on guard, jumping at the slightest sounds and movements, growing at squeeking doors or floorboards. It was a tense time for the entire pack, nerves were on end, they paced the house day and night, low growls echoing through the mansion constantly as the pack waited for the next attack to come.

The wounds she had sustained in the fight with Maggie took all of a day or so to nearly fully heal. There would forever be a silvery string of scars on her palm, but it forever served as a reminder of her first fight, of her desire to protect her child, and of her victory. Several hours after the battle itself found both young parents finally back in bed. Michelle was asleep in her crib, it was amazing how easily that child could sleep. Even after everything that happened. In all the years Trinity had know Kaiden they had never once discussed his parents. She had never asked and he had never volunteered any information on them. It was a painful subject for him, she knew this. Early in their relationship she remembered, vaguely, someone asking him about them. Possibly a teacher or something. The pain in his eyes at the mention of them had stopped her from asking. Lest she put that same pain back in his eyes. After a few years she simply figured he would tell her when he was ready. Tonight was that night apparently. After seeing that prison where he had been kept after loosing control. He had told her of this once, quickly and they hadn't lingered on the subject. Now he told her. He didn't say it in many words, in fact he stated it so matter of fact, emotionally distancing himself from the incident. It just made Trinity feel it all the more. The rage and hurt boiling inside, so strong he couldn't face it, and turned inside himself letting the animal out. The beast knew better how to cope, or at the very least express the anger inside. There had been deep furrows gouging the walls, the floors, nearly every surface in that torture chamber. Dark streaks stained various places in there. Thinking back on it now she visibly shuddered. Moving closer to him she took his hands and pressed her lips against his palms, each in turn. As if trying to take the pain away of a wound long ago healed. “You'll never loose me and you'll never loose Michelle. We are your family. We love you with all our hearts. You will never be alone Kaiden. You're stuck with us.” A wry smile quirked her lips and she leaned in for a kiss. Exhaustion crept over her, it wasn't long before she was asleep in bed. Sleep was always the best healer and it worked wonders on the injuries she had gotten.

The following morning the pack cleaned up the bloody mess. While the house looked clean again, what was seen could not be unseen. The aftermath of that battle would forever stay with Trinity. Haunting her in her dreams. The sight of so much death. Human and wolf bodies alike littered the ground outside their home. Piled together to be burned. When Maggy too was added to the pile Trinity's face went stony cold. She was standing in the front doorway with Michelle. Kaiden spotted them and jogged over. The amount of bodies staggered the young mother. So many were seeking the death of her daughter? More even. Their enemies weren't done with them. There would be more death, more blood, she shuddered at the thought. But, she would fight, she had too. She tried to smile at Kaiden's words of praise but all she could focus on was the raging inferno that had been life until last night. The scent of burning human flesh and hair, of werewolves burning, made her sick. Turning she lost her scant breakfast in some nearby shrubbery. Kaiden's eyes said he understood, handing Michelle back he took her inside. The pack had one week to rest after the first of many battles to come. Trinity didn't have to fight this time. No one found them in the room. After the first fight Trinity had taken some cushions and pillows down to the room for her daughter. She had also stocked a few weapons down there, just in case. It was a safe hiddy hole and whenever an attack came, they decided it would be safest for Michelle down there. Though she wished she had fought after learning of Kaiden's injury. The burning of the bodies didn't make her sick this time round but it still made her queasy. Death shouldn't be easy. Life was still life, though she would never regret killing an enemy who was after her child. It was amazing how much strangers could hate a baby they had never met. That because she was different that made it okay, to them, to kill her. Since Kai's arm was broken he was extremely edgy. Jumping at every sound and growling at nearly everything. Trinity understood, he was vulnerable right now, and if it came to a fight he would be in a right fix. The attacks had come very close together, the pack was on red alert. Guards had been doubled, no one was without a partner, and Michelle was always guarded. Trinity was thankful she was so young and didn't truly understand what was going on. Though, sometimes she had to wonder. Michelle was smarter than most gave her credit for.

A few days after his cast had been put on Trinity sat Kaiden down for a little chat. “Listen. While your arm is broken you will be unable to shift forms. Thus you're not fighting at your full potential and endangering yourself all the more. We've been lucky the last few days that none have attacked, but it won't be long before that luck runs out again. While your in the cast I think we could trade places. The pack can't afford to loose a fighter and you can't really fight the way they need you too. So if an attack does come protect Michelle and I'll fight instead. I'm not you but I can help.” She knew he would argue and he didn't disappoint. She also knew going into that room was nearly impossible for him so she suggested a substitute. It wasn't quite as safe but it would do in a pinch. Despite being unable to shift and with a broken arm, Kaiden could still be a formidable fighter. Especially if he was the last line of defense between his daughter and whoever was after her this time. “No listen” Trinity continued when it looked like he would be stubborn about it all. “I hide even though I want to fight and protect my baby, but someone has to watch and protect her. I do it time and again while you're out there fighting. I never know who lives and who dies until after. But I know my duty and I protect our child. Let me fight when you can't. Let me do this. I promise I'll come back.” There was skepticism in his golden eyes and determination in hers.

She wanted to fight. She wanted to take his place in the thick of things, to put her life in danger. Didn't she understand that was something he simply couldn't let her do? He could not allow her to put herself in such danger, he had barely been able to come off the front lines without any serious wounds, and even with all his fighting expierence and the back up of his pack, he'd still had his arm broken. His body was riddled with new scars, his neck lined with several different bite marks that would never go away. He had nearly lost his own life out there, and she wanted him to let her trade places with him? Shaking his head he was quickly on his feet, pacing the length of his room in aggravation, "I hear what you're saying Trinity. I do. And it's not that I don't have faith in you, but look at me. You see how well I fared out there with all the expierence and skills I have? Even with everything in my favor I still got a broken arm, there were still jaws that closed around my neck and could have ripped my throat out and ended my miserable life right then and there. It was only by sheer luck that I survived, that the pack has survived. And you want me to let you go out there? To what? To die? Because that's all that waits for you if I let you go. I already told you that I can't lose you or Michelle, and yet you're asking me to let you risk your life? I can't Trinity. I can't let you do that."

The fact that things had gone this smoothly for them so far was a miracle in and of itself, he didn't want to push his luck any further than he already had. There was nothing she could say that would convince him to let her do so, and boy did she try. They argued for the first time in years, yelling and screaming at each other, things were thrown at the walls, doors slammed, it was probably the most heated argument the two had ever had. "You're not going out there to fight and that's final. I'm not pushing my thin amount of luck any further! I'm not taking the risk. End of discussion." He walked out of his room, slamming the door shut behind him as he stormed out of the house and onto the front lawn. He was so angry, had so much rage boiling up inside him that he didn't care that he shouldn't be wandering off into the forest alone, didn't notice it when he crossed out of his territory and into unclaimed land, anad he didn't hear the wolves following him. One moment he was fuming, muttering to himself and kicking a stick out of the way, and the next he felt a searing pain in the back of his head and saw the earth rushing up to meet his face, and then blackness. When he next woke up he was chained down, shackles around his wrists and ankles, and even one around his neck. Heavy chains were attached to the bonds, steel thick enough that no matter what they wouldn't break.

"Kaiden, it's so unlike you to be so off your guard, especially with what's going on and all. I would have thought that nothing could distract you, but it seems I was wrong, that little bitch of yours did a damn fine job of throwing you off your game and sending you right to us. Remind me to thank her before I rip her throat out. Ah, after I kill that little abomination that is. Its cute that you named it after Michelle, how do you think she would feel about that little creature? Do you think she'd be so accepting? Shed always been one to follow the rules." Jake stepped into view, a cocky grin on his face as he sauntered up to Kaiden and crouched down in front of him. The two Alphas glared at each other in silence before Jake's fist slammed into the side of Kaiden's face, snapping his head to the side and sending a splatter of blood and spit onto the floor, "You should have just let me kill that thing. That bitch of yours was changed, she's one of us, just fuck her and make more, save yourself the trouble here Kaiden." A low snarl ripped through Kaiden's body, sharp fangs flashing in the yellow lighting of the room, "Go screw yourself. You'll never get your hands on her again, my pack is ready for anything, my being gone doesn't mean shit! They still have one Alpha there, and Trinity isn't to be fucked with. Anyone that even comes near Michelle will be struck down by her. She's already strangled the life out of Maggy, my former Beta, what makes you think any of you have a better chance?" A fist to the face knocked him unconscious, and for several days straight he was beaten, Jake trying to get Kaiden to submit to him.

But Kaiden would not bow, beaten and bruised, broken jaw and a mangled leg and still he spat in Jake's face, growling and snarling in defiance. And while Kaiden was being held all attacks on his territory ceased, as though the other wolves knew that the retaliation would slaughter what was left of their ranks. A week, two weeks, nearly three weeks they kept Kaiden chained up, beating him the entire time. His leg had healed along with his arm, though his leg would never work properly again, the bones had healed wrong, fusing together and causing it to stiffen up, unable to be bent. What his captors didn't know was that because he had such a strong bond with his pack he could still communicate with them as they did in their wolf forms, in his head. He was able to tell them exactly where he was and what was being done to him, and what he wanted them to do.

Kill them all.

The argument that followed was their worst in all the years they had been together. Trinity rarely got angry, that she was screaming like this seemed to startle Kaiden until he began screaming right back. It startled the pack, scared Michelle, and Trinity hated being this mad at Kai. Especially after he stormed out. She was left fuming and trying to soothe a sobbing little girl. Michelle had never heard her parents yell like that and it had scared her. Never one to stay angry it didn't take long before Trinity was calmed down enough to wonder where Kaiden had gone. She could understand his stance on it, he was terrified of loosing her. Yes she wasn't as strong or as experienced as he was, but the pack needed all its fighters. She was willing to die to protect Michelle, had stated as such in the heat of the argument. His face had gone ashen at the thought of her dying. Almost had she apologized, almost. Instead she threw more heated words at him. But now, she was just sorry and wanted to make up with him. It stuck in her craw to have to give in to him but after so many close calls for everyone being mad at someone when you could loose them just wasn't the way to go. Michelle was asleep now and still he hadn't returned. This wasn't normal. Not with all the enemy packs in the area. Gathering a few of their better trackers Trinity sent them out in pairs to find Kaiden. Even angry he would know better than to wander off in such turbulent times. The first pair returned to state they couldn't find him. The second pair returned near morning to a sleepless, frazzled, Alpha female. Their report had her blood running cold. Kaiden's scent was mixed with that of Jake's pack right inside his territory. “Why did you wander off our territory?” She muttered all anger forgotten. There was a fair amount of blood so they could only assume he had been knocked out and taken. “And its all my fault..” Trinity said later when it was her alone with their beta. He tried to deny it but she shook her head. “No it is. If he hadn't been so mad at me he would have been paying attention.” Rubbing her aching forehead she paced the room. While their pack was the largest in the area it was stretched thin enough already with the extra patrols. To muster up the strength needed to take on Jake's would mean pulling people off guard duty. But that would leave them ripped wide open. It was possible that while they were trying to rescue their Alpha another pack would sneak in and attack.

As painful a choice as it was Trinity decided not to send a rescue party after Kaiden for the time being. Not merely because he would never forgive her if Michelle was harmed in an attack while they were busy saving him, but because he said so. Within days of his disappearance, while Trinity wrestled with her decision, Kaiden spoke to them. His link with her and the pack was so strong that he could speak to them, even from the large distance they were separated. First he told them what they already knew, Jake had taken him. Second he told them to protect Michelle and not come after him. Trinity's link with him was strong but she wasn't adept enough to speak like they did, all she could do was hear his words and send emotions. So she did, love and regret. Hoping that he understood she was trying to apologize for what had happened and that she loved him. It was the worst three weeks of her life, knowing where Kaiden was, knowing he was being hurt, and being unable to go to him. The wolf inside her longed for its mate and longed to sink its teeth into the neck of those who had taken him from her. Then one morning, one in which she had finally slept out of pure exhaustion, Trinity could hear Kaiden. His tune had changed.

Kill them all.
Gladly.

When Trinity came downstairs holding Michelle the rest of the pack was up and ready, they had heard the words, they would fight. So plans were made. Trinity had argued. This of all fights she ought to be apart of. Her beta spoke against it, along with half the pack. Not because they had no faith in her abilities, as they had to explain time and again to an angry Trinity. But, because someone had to stay with Michelle and no one could protect a baby like its mother. Michelle of course couldn't come with them and they needed almost everyone to take out Jake's pack.

In the end three were left behind. Trinity, and two guards. Their beta would lead the attack on Jake's pack. It took them several days before they were ready. Though there hadn't been an attack since Kaiden was taken, Trinity was not fully convinced that one wouldn't come when the pack left to get him. So they fortified. Locking and boarding up the house. For the duration of the time they were gone on the slaughter, Trinity and the few left behind would stay with Michelle in Kaiden's old prison. Unsure how long they would be in there they brought down food, blankets, and toys to keep Michelle occupied. She hated being left behind but she understood now it had to be her to stay with Michelle. The pack was connected, sending in reports as they lopped across their territory, and crossed over into Jake's. Trinity was kept aware of everything as she paced the cell in wolf form, unnerving the other two and entertaining Michelle, who kept pointing at her and going “olllf”. Michelle didn't understand what was going on, she only knew daddy wasn't there. It was heartbreaking to hear her ask for him and have to tell her daddy wasn't here right now.
It wasn't until nearly morning of the next day that the pack returned with Kaiden. Because they had attacked so stealthily and without warning none of the other packs had much time to marshal an attack on them. By the time they realized there were no wolves in and around the house they were left wondering if they had somehow packed up and left. Thus by the time the rest of the pack returned and it was clear Michelle had been in the house the entire time they could no long do anything about it. Jake's pack was gone. Kaiden's pack had taken no prisoners and slaughtered the unsuspecting wolves. Trinity would feel bad if she didn't see the condition Kaiden was in. Knowing he was being hurt and seeing it was two different things. The worst of it was his leg that didn't quite look right anymore. The two barely had time to greet each other before she was ordering two of the pack to take him to Larry. Kaiden needed treatment and if anyone knew what to do about that leg it would be Larry. Though before he left Trinity had been on her knees beside him apologizing. She let him see Michelle because he needed too. Michelle needed it too, she reached for him right away. After all the attacks the child was used to seeing all the cuts and bruises it left on people. “Daddy!” She cried out reaching for him and squirming in her mothers grip. Their reunion was sweet though shortlifed as Kaiden had to go to the hospital.

Of course there was no rest for the weary. Right after Kaiden left Trinity was preparing for upcoming attacks. Whatever had held the others off wouldn't hold now that he was back so they needed to be ready. Patrols were back up, guards were set, it was more like a military base than a home. Trinity had found she had a good mind for strategy. She had a map of the area and would coordinate attacks on their enemy. It was her logic that they couldn't always defend. After the success with Jake's pack stealth attacks seemed like a good idea. She wanted to discuss this with Kaiden when he got back, but it was her opinion that part of their pack should be attacking little groups of the others. It would be a good warning that they weren't going to just take this shit anymore. They weren't going to be trifled with anymore.

The attack went off without a hitch, with Kaiden on the inside there was no possible way for Jake's pack to defend against them. When he arrived home the first thing he did was shuffle awkwardly over to Trinity and hug her, he didn't blame her for what had happened to him, neither of them could have known. He silenced her apologies with a fierce kiss, his hands holding her face tightly as he claimed her lips, this wasn't her fault, there was no need to apologize to him. After making sure everything was fine and seeing Michelle, he had held her tightly, nuzzling her and kissing her cheeks, he was taken off to the hospital to see if anything could be done with his leg. Unfortunately nothing could be done for it, the bones had fused together in the healing process, something not uncommon for werewolves due to the accelerated healing. Even with a bum leg Kaiden would still be able to fight, he just had to adapt, something he was very good at by this point. He returned home, limping due to his leg, but otherwise looking much better. Walking through the door he called the entire pack to him, leading them to the massive library and pulling out a map of the state, he placed his finger over a small area on it, "This is our territory, thirty miles in each direction," he slid his finger over a bit, "This used to be Jake's territory, we're claiming it now, that adds on an extra fifty miles to our territory to the east." He looked up, his eyes connecting with each member of his pack, "It's time to stop defending and start attacking, it's us against the world now. If need be, I'll make us more members, I don't care, we need the strength and I'm done giving options to people. This is our land, our pup that is being targeted, I will fight. I will die to defend her. My question is, will you?"

There was only a second of silence before the entire pack agreed with him, they would fight, they would die to defend their home, and their pup. Nodding slowly Kaiden gestured to the map once again, "Michelle obviously has to stay here, it's safest, but I want two guards on her and Trinity at all times, Greg, Joe, you two will be first, when you need to take a break, find the two closest pack members and have them take over, take it in shifts, don't wear yourselves out too much. Now, we know that the other packs are moving to gather to the north of us, they're gathering themselves after the attack on Jake's pack, with them gone, that dwindles their numbers a bit, but not much, we still have a small army moving against us. Trey, you're the fastest, Alfie, you're the smallest, I want you two to scout the area they're gathering in, get as much Intel on them as you can. Numbers is the most important thing, we need to know how many we're up against." He turned his gaze to Jacob, "Jacob, you and I will go out and recruit, we'll be looking for strong men who would make good fighters, tanks, big bulky guys, but also we need scouts and flexible fighters, they won't be willing, but we will convince them, once they feel the pull of the pack, they'll have no choice but to obey me and my commands. I'm not going to lay down and take this anymore. I want everyone to be training every day, Trinity, you especially, I'm not going to play Mister nice guy with you in our sessions, I'll come at you with the intent to kill, and you have yo do the same. Everyone has to be in peak condition, I'll assign trainers to the new recruits when they come, until then, train hard." He turned and grabbed Michelle, setting her down on the table, over the map, "This is who we're fighting to defend, don't let her down."

The next two weeks were spent in intensive training, with new pack members flooding in from Kaiden and Jacob, by the end of the second week their numbers had doubled, putting them at the biggest pack in the entire country. Fifty seven wolves total, ranging in size and strength, but every single one was just as determined to defend Michelle, each new pack member just as loyal as the rest. A small army was rising against them, but Kaiden had created a small army of his own in retaliation, war was on their doorstep, and there was no telling what could happen. Another two weeks passed by before they were attacked again, it was a small group, only thirty or so wolves, all of them were wiped out. Take no prisoners, leave none alive. Kaiden himself had given that order, and Kaiden himself had killed ten of those thirty wolves on his own. His kidnapping had been meant to weaken them, to weaken him, instead it had made them stronger. The next two months were a blood bath, they lost members, but never left any of their attackers alive to tell the tale. Finally after three months they had enough Intel to mount an attack of their own, Kaiden would lead the attack. There were eight Alphas to take out, each with a sizeable pack at their back, Kaiden and his pack would be out numbered three to one, but they had practiced this sort of situation, they were ready.

The night before the attack everyone was restless, with nearly fifty wolves in one house, all pacing, whining, or even fighting, no sleep would be gotten. Kaiden on the other hand wasn't anxious, he was excited, and it showed. He had Trinity bent over the bed, the tattered remnants of what had been her sleeping clothes hanging off her body in shreds as he took her from behind. His hips pounding into her, his length slamming deep inside her as they both moaned loudly, riling up the pack even more. Their alpha was excited, and they were picking up on that, by the time Kaiden spilled himself inside her the entire pack was howling and growling, barking and tipping, running around the house. After their rough love making the couple laid in bed together, Kaiden's glowing eyes flickering around, listening to the ruckus being caused by his pack. He rolled over and buried his face in Trinity's shoulder, his arms wrapped tightly around her, "I'm excited for tomorrow. That monster is coming back, that side of me that thrives off of death is starting to rise up again. I don't want you to see it, the monster inside of me, so after the attack tomorrow I'm going to stay away for a while, let myself calm down and cage up that monster once again. You've seen just about every side of me, but that's one side I can't let you see. He's disgusting and I'm afraid that I'll actually hurt you. You know I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I hurt you, I already forced this life on you, without your consent, I don't want to add more to the list of things I've done to you. I took away your chance at a normal life the moment we started dating, and I curse myself every day for that, but Trinity... You're mine and I am not giving you up, ever. I love you with my entire being, just as I love Michelle." He pressed a kiss to her shoulder, his arms tightening around her, "If I die tomorrow, everything will be put on your shoulders, the pack will be yours, the territory, everything will be yours. It'll be up to you to keep Michelle safe, you can't get caught up in grief if I don't make it, you have to stay strong and you have to kill every single one of those bastards that wants to hurt our baby. Trinity, if I die, kill them all. I don't care if this causes our species to go extinct, you keep Michelle safe above all else, understood?"

Back
Top Bottom