Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Blood of Legends ((Kiandra&Mephilis))

"Sure!" Menis said, maybe a little too excitedly, hopping to his feet and putting his bow away. He would do anything to get off the deck, but didn't want to go walking around on his own. Ofcourse, he would not likely refuse any offer she gave him, he was a bit on the eager side when it came to women. Falling in behind her, the young male would follow, not sure what to say, there were questions in his mind, but base don how she had been acting to the other boys, he figured he should keep them there.

The kitchen was fully stocked, but there was no cook, so Cylesta looked into the fridge to see what she could make for the two of them. She bent over, and found Elk steaks, potatoes and a couple vegetables she could season and sauté.
"How do you like your steaks? I'm thinking about making a couple, and some mashed potatoes and sautéed veggies." She pulled what she needed out of the fridge and started the process of cooking. She and Melorn liked their steaks a bit bloody, but slightly cooked, although during heat season, she liked her steaks bloody raw, a slight sear on the outside.

She crooked her head, debating, then turned towards Menis, and seeing the look on her face, rolled her one good eye.
"How do your friends like their steaks? I might as well cook for everyone while I'm here. And go ahead and ask... You're literally squirming in your seat..."

Menis could not stop himself from look at her as she bent over, she was so enticing. He felt bad about it afterward, sighing and shaking his head at himself. As he gave in to the desire to steal another look, she was looking at him and he suddenly panicked, he just knew that she knew he was checking her out. "Uhhh o-ok..." He said nervously as he practically ram out of the kitchen and up onto the deck.

He would return several minuets latter, having asked everyone what they liked. Slowly creeping up to the kitchen, like a timid kitten untim he finally saw her. "I uhhh.. Thyverian likes his umm... medium... rare?... and... Seylian... likes his... well done... and I... like... medium... well..." He said slowly, before finally finding a seat to sit in, taking a deep breath.

"Perfect." She started cooking their three steaks, hers and Melorn's already done, and plated with a side of mashed potatoes and veggies. She quickly cooked the steaks perfectly to order, and plated them all, as she sniffed the air. The scent of the steaks had permeated the kitchen, and she knew it wouldn't be long until the other three followed their noses and stomachs to the kitchen.

She put their plates into a warmer to keep them warm, then walked over to Menis with their two plates, sliding his over and setting hers down across from him.
"What would you like to drink?"
She had turned back, getting herself a glass of milk, and then getting Menis what he had asked for. She sat down and then crossed her arms in front of her on the table. "Okay, ask away. Any question... just try to stay away from the eye... I'm still not very comfortable talking about it with strangers."

Menis watched her cook, she was rather skilled, far more so than he. He would avert his gaze when he felt he had been staring too long, she definitely had eyes in the back of her head... It did not take him long to reply to her question, "Milk." He loved the good old fashioned milk. Then she said it, he knew it, she could read minds, ofcourse she knew he wanted to ask her something. He began to choke, trying to breathe, his hands moving up to his throat, blush burning under his dark fur. Honestly? he was not even thinking about her eye, he got the message that she didn't want to talk about that. "Well I ummm... eh... I just wanted to know if... you... loved my brother?"

Yep thats Menis, tossing that L word out there, mostly becaus ehe had no idea how else to ask her what her relationship was with Manus.

Cylesta looked at him before she began to chuckle. Her chuckle turned into a full-blown laugh as she struggled to breath.

"Menis, your brother and I had fun. That's all it was. There was no love involved, just fond feelings. He's a good friend, but not what I want in a mate." She wiped away a tear from her eye as she chuckled some more, trying to regain her breath. Once she had, she began eating as if he hadn't asked an awkward question.

A couple of minutes passed before Melorn and Seylian walked in, sniffing the air. Cylesta pointed to the warmers where there plates were before warning Seylian, "Leave Thyverian's food alone mister."
She was in a much better mood now than she had first been in when they had entered the ship. So the glare she sent him wasn't at all mean, just playful. Melorn grabbed his plate and sat down, quickly digging into his food. He hadn't had a home-cooked meal from Cylesta in awhile, and had almost forgotten how good she cooked.

Menis was very confused as she began to laugh, moving a hand to scratch his head as she bellowed. Blinking as she finally stopped and answered his question. Well thats good, atleast, he thought... maybe? Shaking his head, he moved to start eating, it was good, very good actually. Finally, another question reared its head, just as he began to ask it the others would appear, biting back his curiosity, the black feline went back to eating.

"Psh, do what I want." Seylian said jokingly, as he returned her playful stare, he was glad to see she did not completely hate him. He did desire to apologize for offending her before but his pride would not allow him to do such in the company of others. Taking his plate, he sat next to Melorn, who sat next to his niece. Cutting a piece of the steak off, the grey feline took a bite of it and practically fell in love with Cylesta, her cooking atleast. "Damn..." he said to himself, which caused Melorn to laugh. Ofcourse, Seylian was not used to such good food, since he and Thyverian were for the most part raised in an orphanage. Seylian was not wanted being dumped off at the shelter shortly after his birth. Thyverian would not arrive until several years after, when his only family, his aunt was killed in a bandit raid. The path of the sword was the only one open to them, so they enlisted with the Ro'Kha together.

Thyverian would remained on the deck as the others went in, he was hungry sure, but he also wanted to savor what little time he could get to himself. Sliding his newly polished and sharpened blade back into its sheath, he stood up to take in the view. It was strange, being so high up in the sky, looking down at the landscape, it looked so small, making him feel not unlike a God. Closing his eyes, Thyverian let opened his arms wide, letting the wind caress his fur coated body. His long, crimson hair flaring out around him, he felt free, he enjoyed this feeling.

Cylesta grinned as she heard Seylian compliment her cooking, with that one word, he got on her good list easily. She and Melorn shared a glance, and then she continued eating her meal. She finished easily, and then stood, putting her plate in the sink.

"So... Since I cooked, and Menis kept me company while I cooked, neither of us will be washing the dishes. You'll have to fight over who does them." She said, as she crossed her arms over her chest, pushing her bountiful breasts up, and exposing a gorgeous amount of cleavage. She cocked her hip and raised a singe eyebrow, as she looked at the two males. Since Thyverian hadn't arrived to eat his meal, she wasn't planning on allowing them to give him the job of washing the dishes.

She waited for them to answer, although knowing her uncle the way she did, he would probably pull rank, and have Seylian do it.

Seylian had intended to yell, 'not it' but then he saw her stance. Her breasts pushe dup like that, silenced the loud mouth male. She was so damn beautiful, but doing this was just unfair. Breathing heavily as Melorm smacked him on the shoulder, the grey feline almost jumped. "Have fun, Sub-Commander." Melorn chuckled as he got up to put away his dishes. Poor Menis, like Seyial was taken aback by her chest, blood rushing in two seperate locations in his body as he almsot choked on a piece of steak.

Thyverian took one last breath of fresh air, savoring the crisp air at this elevation. Quickly twisting his back, the white fleine would cause a loud snap as his bones shifted, popping. With that, the red haired male turned and made his way toward the mess hall.

Cylesta grinned, winked at the awestruck males, and then took her leave, walking out of the kitchen. She passed Thyverian on her way out, and smiled at him, saying, "Make sure my uncle doesn't kill Menis and Seylian. Their shock will cause them to make great targets for his guns."

She refused to say more, simply slipping away from him, following the shadows down to the gym, so she could work out some of her frustrations out. She coalesced out of the shadows, smiling as she remembered the day she had finally mastered that. Manus had been so proud, and they had celebrated, nearly all night, exploring each other, and finding out what they could do together in the shadows. She shook her head to rid it of the memory, when her comm beeped. She answered it, a smile on her face to find one of her few friends smiling back. The little white female had streaks of green in her hair, which matched the bright emeralds of her eyes.
"Hey Cy!"
"Hi Kytay. How are you babe?"
"Good! I'm just mad I didn't get to see you off when you left. I got there just in time to see the ship soaring away! When will I see you again babe!?"
"Dunno. We have a big job ahead of us."
"How are the newbies doing? Do you think they have any potential?"
"Yeah. Melorn made Seylian his second, and then there's Thyverian and Menis, who's actually Manus' little brother. They seem to have potential, although Seylian has a huge ego, and Menis is adorable. Thyverian... I think he's the one with the most potential. Either way, I have plenty of time to check them out and see how they work together."
"Manus' little brother is there!? Oh wow. Is he as cute as Manus?"
"As a matter of fact, he is super cute. I'm thinking you would like to meet him. The two of you would be adorable together."
"Oh, no... He probably has a female already. Plus, you know that guys like that never go for females like me."
"What type? Cute and adorable, and deadly when you need to be?"
"Shut up! Oh, I've got to go, I'll see you soon babe!"
"Bye Kytay."

She shut off her comm, then began going through her stances, adding shadow maneuvers when she could.

Thyverian would only watch her move by with a puzzled look on his face. Shock? What the hell did he miss? He stood there for a few moments as she vanished, wondering if he should even go into the mess. Finally hunger overruled common sense and he made his way in. "Alright kids, stop staring, she left along time ago... i swear you'd think you two ever saw a woman before." Melorn was saying with a sigh, he just knew that Cylesta did thta on purpose, no way she could have accidentally pushed them up that far. Brushing past Thyverian with a grunt, he began wondering if he should have those outfitted with locked codpieces.

"What was that?" Thyverian asked as Melorn left the room, going down the hallway. "Boobs..." Menis said slowly, looking as if he could stare through time itself. "Cylesta kinda showed off her rack, and took me off guard, and looks like Menis has had an orgasim.." Seylian said as he moved to wash what dishes where in the sink. With a shrug, Thyverian moved over to get his plate and sat down at the table across from Menis. "Dude... your freaking me out." Thyverian said as he began to cut into his steak.

Cylesta practiced silently, her eye focused on her sais. She moved with a deadly grace that took years of practice, but was something she had been born with. She moved with silence, and an animal grace. She practiced for hours, her muscles bulging with each movement. Her whole body slid through the forms easily.

Eventually though, she felt the time shift, for the shadows became longer. Manus always loved this time, as the shadows he played with got darker. She finally put her sais away, and started to stretch out her muscles. She felt her knees crack, and growled in pain for a moment. She would have to put on the salve she had brought with her, and so she started making her way towards where she had placed her pack. She sat down, and opened it, pulling out the salve. She slid it on her knees, and then wrapped them with the special bandages she bought which sent heat into the joints there. She looked up to see Melorn giving her that look, and she sighed and then stuck her tongue out at him.

Thyverian had never actually had steak before, so his reaction was much more intense that his friends'. He had only chosen Medium rare after Menis told him the different styles, as he was baffled when he aske dhow he like dhis steak. He ate quickly and left Seyian to clean them and Menis to stare into the next reality. He wanted to express his gratitude to Cylesta, but by the time he had found her, she was deep in her practice. So he found a quiet spot to watch her from, she was indeed beautiful, even moreso with her shadows writhing around her. He would remain there for hours, just watching, and thinking, mostly about his earlier thoughts on her. Reminding himself to not get too attached to someone he might never see again.

Melorn would arrive sometime after Thyverian, walking over toward the younger male, he would give him a stare. It did not take long for Thyverian to feel the eyes of the older feline, looking over he almost jumped. "I... wanted to thank her for cooking... but didn;t wan tto interrupt... so I decided to watch her, she hasn't made a sound the whole time... its amazing." He whispered as low as he could, trying not to disturb the female, as she seemed very much into her stances. With a sigh, Melorn looked away, at least he wasn't staring blankly at her, he would be free from the locked crotch protectors... for now.

As she stuck her tongue out at him, he would simply shake his head, hoping that she would learn from her mistakes sooner rather than later. As Melorn walked away, Thyverian would come out of hiding. Based on how honed she was, he was pretty sure she already knew he was there. "Hey..." He said awkwardly as he approached her. "I just wanted to thank you for that... it was the ebst thing I had ever tasted." He said offering her a smile.

Cylesta had known he was there while she practiced. She was impressed that he had stayed so quiet, and thankfully he had allowed her to concentrate. She smiled as he approached her, and stood up so that he wouldn't have to bend down to her level. At his words, she looked at him in surprise, but then nodded her head.

"I'm glad you liked it." She answered as she closed the salve. Her knees burned from the medicine, but that simply meant that it was working. She sighed and shifted her stance, the pain slowing into a dull ache.

"Thank you for expressing your gratitude. Most males think that a female should stay in the kitchen, cooking and cleaning for them." She said, a teasing smirk on her face. She motioned up to the flight deck, wanting to relax for the rest of the trip. She wasn't quite sure how long the trip was going to take.

A positive response, he was almost expecting her to stab him for watching her for so long. He watched her close the salve, and he pondered, thinking to offer her a massage. She was no doubt tense from her training, but he decided against it, if he didn't come off weird spying on her, he definitely would with that. Besides she probably would stab him for asking her if he could put his hands on her.

He offered her a nod, "I do not believe, or want that, such laziness on my part would only invite unwanted weakness." He said, returning her smirk. As she motioned up, Thyverian would nod in agreement, he knew not how long the trip would take, but suddenly, he began to hope it took awhile.

Cylesta smiled as the two of them made it to the front deck. She slipped down into a bench, watching how fast they were flying. She was used to flying, having had to get to her own missions, but usually she was the one who was flying. She had gotten lessons from an old friend of her father's and owned a small ship, one that had enough room for a crew of five. She tilted her head suddenly, wondering if she should have just flown, although with this ship, she knew they were using it to make sure that the newbies that Melorn had chosen were up to the task.

Looking over at Thyverian, she thought to herself that Melorn had chosen quite well in fact.

"How do you know Seylian and Menis?" She asked, wondering how the three had become friends, since the three seemed so different.

Thyverian followed behind her, shaking his head, he was kind of fighting himself on the inside. This woman was strong, beautiful, confident, he could fall for her in a heartbeat, and he would if he didn't keep his guard up. Ofcourse, him realizing this did not stop him from remaining with her when they got on deck. He has basically screwing himself, and he knew it, pretty much being an idiot.

"I met Seylian after I was sent to the shelter after... I became homeless." He said, pretty much omitting the part about his aunt's death, along with everyone he had known at that point. "We hit it off right at the start, fast friends, I guess you would say. Menis... we didn't meet him unto we entered the Ro'Kha training regiment. We were shocked that we all got picked for the same squad..." He said smiling to himself, it felt like fate. Ofcourse, Seylian did not believe in fate, there were basically two primary schools of thought in the world. One was that the Gods that created the world and the people have faded into the background, silently watching and acting from time to time. The other was that they had forsaken this world and the people long ago. Seylian belonged to the second school, Thyveriana nd Menis drifted mostly toward the first.

Looking over at her, he thought for a moment, before asking. "What about you? Have any friends, other than Menis' brother?" He did not intend that the way it may have sounded, he was truely curious.

Cylesta smirked.

"I have found only a couple people who are worthy of being called my friends. Kytay was my first, and she is also my dearest friend. We were neighbors before everything went down. As we moved away, we promised to stay in touch, and amazingly, she joined the Ro'Kha as well. We were so shocked when we saw each other. She's tiny, but she's a fierce fighter, and a killer. She goes by the name Gentle Death." Cylesta paused, knowing he might not have heard of her friend. Kytay was a sweetheart, and her deaths were almost always super clean, and fast. She was sent when speed was of the essence, and Cylesta was sent when information was needed, or they wanted to send a message.

"Either way, she introduced me to Manus, and my first mission, he was sent along to watch over me. We hit it off, and he saved my butt. Since then we've been close friends. We use each other as stress relief. I think Menis thought we had a relationship." She shook her head and laughed as she said it. Manus and her would never be together, they were friends, nothing more. Plus, she was pretty sure he had given Tigra a glance over and had liked what he had seen. She smiled again at that thought.

THyverian smiled, "Gentle death huh? Black and Gentle Deaths, sounds interesting." He said, having overheard Tigro mention Cylesta's nickname, Thyverian wondered what people would call him, or even if he would be worthy of a fancy title. Hearing her speak of Manus, he smiled. "Yeah I think we all kinda got that feeling at first, but then you didn't rub me as the type to go for a serious thing, I could be wrong... believe it or not, it has happened before..." He said teasingly as he looked out over the horizon, he knew her job was to pick up any slack they might leave behind. He hoped he could make her job a little easier, both for her and his own sake. Looking back over at her, he would prov her with another question. "How doe sit feel? You know.. moving through shadows like that?... seems pretty crazy.."

"Hah. Trust me, our names are well earned." She said, a grin on her face. She turned to look at him when he said she didn't strike him as a female interested in a long-term relationship. To be honest, she wasn't at least not right now. For now, she was enjoying herself as much as possible, although she knew that when she did find her mate, she wouldn't play around.

"For now, yeah. I don't want a long-term relationship with someone who will just be wasting my time. I already tried that once, I don't want to do it again." She got quiet for a moment while she remembered those times. The smile that came to her face was feral, as she remembered exactly what Manus had done to him.

"Hm? Oh, well... Shadows are abstract. You have to concentrate, because when you become one with the shadows, sometimes you can't escape it. They are seductive, they draw you in, and it's like you're swimming in darkness. Some who have gone in, have gotten lost. You can't survive within shadows. Manus had to walk me through my first trip. I very nearly stayed within. He showed me the way out."

"Of that, I have no doubt." he said as she spoke on her, and her friend's names. Then she semi-confirmed his suspicion, nodding as she spoke of her apparently failed relationship. He began to listen intently as she spoke of the shadows, he definitely sounded hard, this only made her more impressive to him, which was probably not good for him. "Thats good." he said, commenting on manus having helped her through her first time.

He had indirectly asked her about her love life, this caused him to contemplate his own. In truth, he had never really thought about it till now, everything was such a blur to him. Crossing his arms, he began to wonder what he actually wanted in that regard. Looking over at her, he was pretty sure his original idea of keeping his distance was the best move, but there was little harm in atleast trying to win her friendship, being friends with a deahtly assassin definitely would have perks.

Another thought came to mind as he le this eyes wonder, which was not hard to do around her he began to realize. "You know, I am really impressed. I know your muscles have to be burning, and yet other than tend to your knee, you have shown no signs of discomfort..."

Cylesta smiled and turned her head down shyly. She lifted a hand to her hair on the good eye's side and slipped through it softly.

"My muscles are burning. I have a high pain tolerance. It's why I never realize the way I sit. Melorn has to remind me. If you ever see me with my legs tucked underneath me, please let me know. I usually never notice. It is just something I find myself doing. I was short when I was little, and so I used to sit on my ankles as a way to look over the other children. It has stuck with me, and now it's a horrible habit."

She stretched her arm out, and then said, "Feel my bicep."

Once he had, he would feel strong muscles, that while felt torn from the inside out, were slowly healing. Her practice usually didn't go as long, and it usually didn't tear her muscles that badly, but it might have been the altitude. Plus her last mission had gone a little south, and she had been sprayed with a substance that they still couldn't figure out what it was.

"My muscles tear themselves apart after such a long practice. They also heal very quickly, so while they feel like they are burning up, I'll be fine after a little bit."

"I will." Thyverian said with a nod, it felt odd, her asking him to do something for her. But he would try, to the best of his ability, hopefully she wouldn't kill him. When she instructed him to feel her bicep, she might have noticed a bit of hesitation on his part. He was slightly nervous about touching her, something he had not experienced before, this caused him some concern. When he finally touched her, he felt something of a jolt, another unfamilair sensation. Her fur was soft, despite how hard she worked herself, this surprised him.

"Wow thats... cool..." He said aloud, he was indeed impressed by her rate of healing, as well as her pain tolerance. He suddenly felt quite... inferior, he had neither her experience, her power, or her endurance. He never felt quite like this before, even when Manus knocked him down, he figured he just got him by surprise, which he did. But now, seeing some of what she can do, and her basically saying that he can do more, he was suddenly more excited by the prospect of taking him on again, but he would definitely need to improve if he was going to win.

Thyverian had kinda lost himself, somewhere her abilities, how she felt, and his desire to take Manus on again, he was probably holding her arm a little longer than he should. Pulling away quickly, a red tint might have been seen under his light fur, "Sorry.."

Cylesta found his blush absolutely adorable. Usually she liked her males more dominant, but there was something about this male right here that interested her. She smiled softly at him, and nodded.

"It's okay. Anyways, I'm going to see how long we still have on this ship. Uncle Melorn should know." She said before she got up, her tail curling next to him. The blade on it shone brightly in the light, but instead of the metal being silver like most, it was black, with a purple tint to it. It was a rare metal that her father had found out on one of his missions, and had gotten her tail blade commissioned for her for her sixteenth autumn.

She moved with the same grace as before, if albeit a little slower and stiffer than before she had begun to go through her stances. She disappeared through the door, leaving him alone with his thoughts.

Thyverian mentally kicked himself as she walked off, he came off as a total wimp, his own damn fault, he got lost in Lah lah land. Looking out over the view he sighed, he was not even sure why he was worried about it. He did not even know what he wanted, if anything, something about her though, kept showing up in his mind. "Better not be love." He said to himself, thats the last damn thing he needed right now. Shaking his head, he came to a very accurate conclusion. "I'm an idiot.."

Melorn would be down in the shooting range, tending to his guns and firing them, making sure they were as accurate as possible. Menis was not far from him, finally returned to reality, now he was working on his aim with his bow.

Back
Top Bottom