Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter {guitarfan2810 & WrittenFantasies}

"I can think of one person I would drool over." She smiled.

She raised her eyebrows. It would be cool if they could surprise Owen with Max. He would like that. That also meant getting a petsitter unless John wanted to take Max for walks in the morning. Maybe Adri could take him to work. They spent a long time training him. He knew all of his commands that would be so cool.

Sh elet Jake take Owen since he could get off of the couch easiest and pick him up. She needed to schedule Owen a haircut but first she needed to figure out a good place that did kid's hair. "I'm going to head to bed." She said softly. "It's been a long day." She gave JAke a kiss on the forehead and got off of the couch and went to bed. She put a few snapchats up on her account of her goofing aorund with some filters and talking about what happened today and then wishing all of her snapchat followers goodnight.

"I'm sure you do...."

Jake sighed when she got up to go to bed. So much for getting alone time with her. He then saw she was on snapchat a bit and got even more annoyed. He thought about posting one of himself sitting alone but didn't want the world to know their business. Instead he watched another movie and fell asleep on the couch. It was early morning before he woke up and went to bed. He climbed in next to Adri but made sure not to wake her up.

The next morning he got up early and left a note that he went for a walk before getting up and getting dressed. He couldn't run but he could at least walk. He put a hoodie on and headed out after checking on Owen. Jake had no specific place he was headed, he just needed to get some air. It would be bad that he was a bit frustrated going into the therapy session, but at least maybe then they could make progress.

Adri fell asleep after playing in snapchat. She didn't feel Jake come to bed but she felt him leave the bed. She turned and hugged one of the stra pillows on the bed and went back to sleep. She didn't wake up again until Owen woke up. She saw Jakes note on the way to get Owen.

She kissed her boy and changed his diaper. She took him downstairs to play on the floor while she made breakfast. She didn't know what time Jake would be home from his walk so she prepared breakfast but didn't warm it up for him. She'd make it when he got back.

She fed Owen so he didn't get too messy. "How does spaghetti sound for dinner?" She asked Owen and rubbed his chubby cheek. "Does that sound good?" She asked. He could feed himself and make a mess if he wanted. She was giving him a bath anyways.

Even early in the morning the city was busy. It was a bit like Vegas. Vegas never slept. Jake liked Vegas. He always had but Adri seemed to be a different kind of city girl. She was a traveler and he felt he was holding her a bit back. The walk was meant to clear his head. It wasn't entirely working.

Jake wasn't gone too long after Adri and Owen were up. He didn't want Adri to have to get herself and Owen ready for the day, he wanted to help get Owen set for his day. When he got home he looked around the kitchen and saw Adri was making breakfast. He peaked in at Adri and Owen. "O! Hey big boy!" He crawled on the floor next to him and gave him a lot of kisses and tickled him and chuckled when he heard Owen's laugh.

He looked at Adri. "I thought we were going out for breakfast before therapy?" He asked softly.

Adri looked at the prep she did and looked at Jake. "We are. This is just meal prep for tomorrow. I have an early start and I had time so I figured I'd prep now for tomorrow." She pulled a container out of the cabinet and set it on the counter. She was glad she didn't cook anything. "It will make making the food a lot faster." She told him.

"How was your walk?" She asked and turned to face him. "How does it feel out there? I kind of want to put Owen in a button up and jeans." She smiled. "But I'll throw his new little coat on him if it's chilly."

She put all of the vegetables in the container and shook it up to make it easier to pour into her omelette tomorrow morning. "Is your dad going with us?" She asked. "Or is this a three person date?"

Jake nodded. "Oh. Okay." He wasn't sure if he entirely believed her. She forgot. He was about 95% sure she forgot. "Cool."

"Uh...it's a bit chilly for him. I'd put it on him." He gave her a nod. "It was a nice walk. I was surprised how busy the place is this early."

Jake got up and kissed Owen on the head. "Well I thought when we talked last night we mentioned it being just us...but it's up to you. We can do whatever...I'm going to go shower. I'll get Owen ready when I'm done." He headed upstairs to shower quick and get dressed. He took a few more minutes than usual in the shower, letting the warm water brush over him felt nice. Once he was done, he got out and put on jeans and a nice button up shirt. He was going to be comfortable, but still look nice.

Once he was ready, he went downstairs to get Owen dressed and ready for his day. He put the outfit Adri wanted on him and even his little shoes. "Looking stylish little dude. Mommy wouldn't have it any other way I'm sure."

"I know right. It's beautiful isn't it? When they say the city never sleeps. They mean it literally never sleeps. I think the last time I came I stayed up all night and just watched the city go by. I would say we should try it but we will be dragging having to keep up with Owen the next morning." She laughed.

When Jake and Owen came downstairs all dressed she smiled, "Look at how had some my boys look." She took Owen and gave him a kiss. "You're so handsome O. You look like daddy." She tossed him in the air and kissed him again. She smiled at Jake, "Thank you. You guys look good."

She went upstairs to get dressed too. She couldn't have her guys looking good and she looked frumpy so she put on a nice body hugging dress and lightly curled her hair before going back downstairs ready to go.

"I even went natural on the make up for you." She smiled and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

Jake nodded and listened to her talk. She wanted out of Vegas. It was pretty obvious. He didn't know if he really wanted to move but if it was what she wanted, he probably would...for her.

"You're welcome." Jake offered her a small smile. "You think he looks like me?"

Jake sat and played with Owen while they waited for Adri to get ready. When she came back down he smiled, "You look beautiful. Thanks..." He said referring to the make up. He couldn't be entirely angry because she did do little things like that for him or to show she cared but then did other things to make him wonder just how much... "Let's do this..." He got up and grabbed Owen to head down to the car. "I guess we can just ask the driver where a good diner is."

He walked down to the car with Adri and Owen. "Is O hungry?"

She smiled and nodded her head, "It's the dimples." She teased and gave Jake a kiss and gave Owen one more kiss because they just looked so damn cute. "He looks more and more like you everyday."

She grabbed the diaper bag and walked down stairs with them. It was Liam free but when it was time for Jake to go to counseling, Liam would come and be with her and Owen for a little while.

The driver took them to a little mom and pop diner and promised they'd have a delicous breakfast, if they didn't he'd pay. He even parked so he could get something to eat. They all walked in and the driver got a single table while Jake, Owen and Adrk got another table.

Adri looked through the menu and everything looked good but none of it looked healthy. "Do you want to try a pancake for Owen?" She asked Jake. "I think I'll have some coffee." She continued to look through the menu to find something eat. "And a grapefruit maybe."

"I'll take that as a compliment because I think he looks pretty damn cute." Jake smiled and kissed Adri back. Owen said her name after she kissed him.

Jake put Owen in a high chair and pulled him up to the table. "Yeah we can get him a pancake. I don't want to put syrup on it though...that's pure sugar." He looked over the menu. "Baby...get an omelette out of egg whites. I'm sure they will do it. I'll even pay extra for it." He winked with a smile.

"What are you going to do then while I'm in therapy? You taking Owen over to see dad early?"

She agreed to not giving him syrup with the pancake. "If this place is as good as our driver says it is then we should give them a shout out on Instagram or Twitter or something." She told him.

"Yeah I will probably get an omelette with a little bit of cheese and bacon and a bunch of veggies." She wished she could go for that waffle but she really didn't want to work it off later. If her trainer found out, he'd make her workout five times harder she was sure of it.

She shrugged her shoulder, "I don't know. Maybe just walk around with your dad and Owen." She said softly. "We will stick around here since we will be trading places but we will find something to do."

Jake looked at her a moment when she mentioned Instagram and Twitter. For one day he wished she'd forget about social media. Or hell any media. He didn't say anything before the waitress arrived which he was thankful was only a moment.

Jake ordered Owen's pancake and he ordered an omelette for himself just how Adri wanted hers. He wasn't going to eat something she couldn't or wouldn't eat. He did order chocolate milk though, but it would actually be good for him if he could work out.

He nodded to her staying close. "I'm sure we will find something to do. If it stays chilly I don't want to keep Owen out though more than he needs to be. Maybe one day we can take him to some museums. I know he won't get much out of it but we would."

Adri ordered her omelette and asked for two pieces of bacon on the side. Not the best but she decided to splurge a little bit.

"As much as I want to show off how adorable he is, I don't want him to get sick. That's kind of the last thing we need right now."

She smiled, "That would be fun. There has to be a few kid museums. Or maybe we can take him to some art studio and let him play in the paint. He loves to get messy. Might as well let him do it." She looked at Jake and held his hand on top of the table.

"What do you think you guys will talk about today?" She asked softly.

"I'm sure he'd rather not get sick too. Plus I don't want him in the hospital again." He rubbed Owen's head. "Excited to try a pancake?" He smiled at Jake and said 'Mmmm' Jake chuckled. It was a good thing Owen was with them to keep things mellow.

Jake didn't know much about art studios but he was sure they probably could do something like that. "We can figure it out. We have time." They would be there for another month yet.

"I have no idea. What about you?" Just then her phone rang. It was her agent wanting her to pick up another job that would extend their stay in New York for two more weeks. The time they had Jake's surgery scheduled.

"And I was thinking, since he's bigger and chunkier and cuter, if it's possible, we should get some more professional photos of him done. We can use them for his birthday card invites and stuff." She smiled. "And maybe make him a model baby. GAP, Old Navy, Gerber." She looked at Jake and shrugged her shoulder. "You made a cute kid. The world should see how cute he is."

She shook her head and shrugged her shoulder, "No idea." She had a feeling it wouldn't be an easy conversation though. She rubbed her lips together and looked at Owen when he started smacking the table. She grabbed his hand to stop him and looked at Jake.

She let her phone ring and it stopped but started again. She sighed and looked at who was calling. "Give me one second." She said softly and went to take the call in a private area. Their trip was already extended and she doubted Jake would go for having it extended again. She couldn't ask him to stay.

"I'll talk to Jake. Alright? Send me what the schedule would be like and I'll figure it out." She told him and hung up. She went back to Jake and smiled at him. "Sorry that was rude." She said softly and silenced her phone and then put It back.

"He is a cute kid...but I don't really think I want to turn him into a model. I want him to just be as normal as he possibly can and have fun being a kid." Jake took a drink of his chocolate milk.

When she got up to answer her phone he shook his head and rolled his eyes. He got some milk for Owen and put it in his cup and handed it to him. He reached for it and took a few drinks before reaching for silverware. Jake moved it away from him.

Jake didn't say anything when she returned. "What's going on?" He asked knowing it was work. She wouldn't have moved from the table if it was her family. For once Jake wanted to spend time with her uninterrupted. Even away from Owen. They needed that.

She could understand why he didn't want Owen to be a little model. He hated her job, he wasn't going to make his kid do it.

"It's nothing." This was t the time or the place. She knew it would just spark another fight and she didn't want to do that in front of Owen so they could talk about it later.

Their food came and Adri cut the pancake into bite sized pieces. She gave him a few pieces of strawberry and melon and put him in a bib before giving him the food.

"Are you going with me to Paris late november?" She asked Jake. "I might pay for the family to come. As long as my brothers don't try to get me to hook them up with anyone." She rolled her eyes and shook her head. "It would be the first family trip in a long time. I have to tell them to take the time off now and reserve all the tickets to the show." They should really rent out a plane for that trip.

Jake looked at her confused. "Nothing? Nothing made you walk away from the table with your family? What is it?" If it was news he wouldn't like, he wanted to know now.

He watched Owen feed himself with the pieces of pancake and fruit. "Is it yum? Must be cause you're chowing down."

Jake ate his omelette. "It's my plan to. How long are you going to be there?" He took a few bites and looked at her. If her entire family went Jake really should be there.

"Jake I just want to eat breakfast." She said softly. "Please?"

She ate her omelette and swallowed before answering, "I was told, if I am celebrating Halloween here I need to be on a plane to Paris that night. But they want me there as soon as possible.We are doing the fittings here but we have a few commercials that need to be shot in Paris and of course the Christmas catalog which will be my first catalog with them and then we shoot summer."

Since they were going over her schedule she figured she should tell him how it would work with the two contracts with VS and Express. "And then I'm done with this year of Victoria's Secret. I may have to go to a few store openings and any company events but nothing that will keep me away from home too long. Express is pretty much the same way except they have seasonal items that I need to be here for I will gone a few times a year but not for very long." She explained. "Of course if I take more freelance jobs I will travel more but I don't need them anymore. So I'll have a less hectic schedule. Or I'll try too." She shrugged her shoulder. Her agent was throwing big jobs at her. If she said no to one she feared she'd never get mentioned for that company again.

He knew whatever it was he wouldn't like. He gave her a nod anyway. He continued to eat.

That didn't really answer his question. "Can I have an exact time frane? (Like if it's the week of Thanksgiving and then for how many weeks after that?" He wanted exact times so he knew and there would be no surprises.

She wanted to just eat her breakfast but yet they still talked about work. "Do we know when anything will be? I would like notice so I don't schedule fights when you're going to be here working." He looked at Owen and knew how she said it would be wouldn't really be. She was still getting other jobs. He started to wonder if they could work or if he'd have to stop fighting just to be with her.

"Halloween is on Monday. I can take him for a walk around the neighborhood, I cannot go and party. I leave Monday night and then I'm there until November 11. And by then I should know when I need to be ready for the swimsuit catalog."

She waved her hand, "Kind of. I know a general time frame but I don't have exact dates yet." They both knew if a fight came up then he couldn't really do anything about it. It was her schedule that would have to change rather than his.

"You'll have a notice. The whole reason I got contract jobs was so I had a relatively decent schedule. I thought you would be happy about that."

Jake nodded. "That should be fine." He took a few more bites. "Unless something with the surgery changes or effects things. We need to get O a passport." He took a few bites and looked at her. "I think part of our problem is I'm getting confused on when you will be gone and when you're going."

"I want exact dates when you know. Please. I'm not trying to be an ass it's just so I know what's going on." He it helped him keep track and then not get mad when he misunderstood when she'd be gone. "We talked about linking our phone calendars. I would like to do that."

Jake sighed. "I never said I wasn't happy. I'm still trying to understand it. It's not as simple as my schedule. Plus you have stuff come up all the time. And every company is different. It's a lot to try to follow plus my own schedule. I'm just trying to understand it all. I think that will help us a lot."

She nodded her head to gettig Owen a passport. She had been saying that but she just nodded her head and agreed. She couldn't do anything about getting him a passport since she had no custody and no real rights to Owen so that was all on Jake. She could help get the paperwork in order but that would be all she could do.

"I'll tell you the exact dates when I know them." She promised. "All I know is that the show is on the tenth. I have to be there the day after Halloween and I will be back the eleventh. That's the only big trip I have right now." Could that change possibly but that was all she had to worry about right now.

"We will link our calendars and hopefully that will alleviate some of your stress. We will figure out how to make it work." They always did.She knew that one day they may not make it work and she just hoped that that day was not the end of them.

She mentioned it once before Tokyo. He hadn't had time to look into it. He figured he could while in New York but all of Owen's paperwork would be back in Vegas anyway.

"Thank you." He said softly and looked at Owen who was now playing more with his pancake rather than eating it. Jake knew that he wouldn't eat an entire pancake anyway plus drink his milk. "Hey...eat it buddy. Stop playing with it. Or daddy will eat it." He grabbed a piece and pretended to give it to Owen then ate it himself and smiled at Owen who looked at him all confused and a bit mad. Jake chuckled.

"Thanks. I do think it will help. I know I suggested it before but it never happened probably cause we were busy and just never did it." He finished up his food and drank the rest of his milk except for just a bit. He got some in his straw and gave it to Owen who loved it. Jake smiled. "Before you say anything, chocolate milk is somewhat good for you. We won't give him a lot..."

She watched Jake mess with Owen's food and she gave Jake a look, "You should know better than to mess with his food." She told him and pointed at a piece of pancake for Owen to eat.

She aged her breakfast and watched Jake give Owen chocolate milk. "Dark chocolate is good for you. Milk chocolate is not. Especially chocolate milk."

After breakfast, she gave the little diner a shout out for the amazing meal and gave them a generous tip. The intent was to give them recognition and show her fans a good place to eat when they are hungry.

The driver asked them about breakfast and if they enjoyed as they drove to the therapist's office to drop Jake off. Waiting outside was Liam and Adri got out and put Owen in the stroller with anti picture scarf and with him facing Adri so no one really could take a picture of him. "We will see you in an hour." She told Jake and gave him a kiss of the cheek. Have fun."

Back
Top Bottom