Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Changing Up [Amigar & Goddess]

Amigar

Planetoid
While riding on the Greyhound in the last leg of the journey to the college town, Jessie would pull out a phone and stare at it for a few moments. Then after taking a deep breath the phone would be unlocked and the contacts list brought up to call up the soon-to-be roommate and bring the phone up to wait for the call to connect.

Meanwhile Jessie would straighten out the white t-shirt worn and brush fingers over the fabric nervously, wondering if there would be many opportunities to dress as desired. This was a big move, heading east and going off to be mostly alone in a strange new place, kind of exciting and scary at the same time. Green eyes would turn to focus out the window at the scenery passing by, seeing the signs announcing the distance to the city closing in. Legs clad in snug blue jeans would cross while brown-red haired head would tilt back against the headrest of the seat.

With Lady Gaga's Applause blasting over the ipod dock and plenty of boxes to unpack, Taylor almost didn't notice her phone ringing. Still, she dashed across the room, her long legs pretty useful in something like this, and stopped the song Call Me Maybe as she picked up the phone. "Jessie?" Her voice was clear and bright, probably a bit too high pitched but warm and welcoming.

Taylor had a strong but delicate frame, much like a model, with her shoulders pronounced and her hips pretty wide. With long, red hair tied in a side pony tail and pale, freckled skin, her appearance was just as inviting as her personality, and her bright hazel eyes wondered around the dorm. It was a small place, with two mini fridges and a pair of high set beds, one of which had all the boxes her parents had helped bring in. Soon, she'd put part of those things into one of the two tiny closets in the room and maybe take part of the empty bookshelf in the room. She kept her phone in place with her shoulder as she carried some boxes. "How are you doing? I can't wait to see you."

Jessie would grin at hearing the voice from the other end of the phone, one hand lifted to run fingers through the shoulder-length hair. "Heya, Taylor!" Jessie's voice a bit soft and quiet, making an effort to sound more neutral rather than either male or female, not wanting to draw attention from the others on the bus. Eyes would open to peer back out the window, while Jessie would straighten up in the bus seat and uncross denim-covered legs.

Jessie had a thin frame that was stretched up to a little over six feet in height, with moderate shoulders and slightly pronounced hips, and an otherwise well-toned physique without much actual muscle bulk. Grey eyes would catch sight of the next sign, just a couple more miles to go. Jessie just hoped that the duffle bag hasn't managed to shuffle around too much in the baggage compartment of the bus. "I'm doing pretty good! Excited, nervous, the whole deal really. Looking forward to seeing you again as well! How about yourself? Have you gotten to the dorm yet? I've still got a couple miles to go here."

"I'm already here," she said brightly, the sound of tape ripping heard from her side of the line as she opened some boxes, shuffling things around. "Daddy drove me here and helped bring in my stuff. I hope you don't mind I already claimed my bed. Hang on..." She put the phone on the desk of her side of the room, one of a pair in the room, and turned the phone to speaker mode. "I have a bit of a mess, sorry! I swear I'm usually really tidy!"

Wrestling them out of the box, Taylor took out a pair of fitted sheets and began putting them on the bed. "We have a whole room to ourselves, we only have to share the bathrooms with the rest of the dorm." The redhead seemed so full of energy, but really her heart was beating really fast. It was her first time away from home for so long and her first time sharing a room. She could hear her heartbeat all the way on her eardrums, but didn't let it show in her voice. "You have to let me know when you're close so I can wait for you outside the dorm, ok? I can't wait to see you again!"

Jessie would grin a bit more at hearing that Taylor was already there. "That's cool. How's the room look? Does it live up to the pictures they sent in the brochures? That's pretty nice of him, and I don't mind, one bed is as good as another I'm sure!" Jessie would turn to look around the inside of the bus, wishing that her parents would have been willing to drive her in as well. A small bit of laughter at the mention of a mess, head given a shake, which was fairly pointless over the phone. "Hey, no worries! Moving always causes a mess in some way."

"That's awesome! I've always wanted to live on my own, and this way will be even better, with a cool roommate." A soft chuckle given at that, the continued grin and giddiness making it's way into the voice going through to Taylor's phone, trying to ignore and push down the nervousness at the mention of sharing bathrooms. "Alright, I can do that, shouldn't be much longer till I hit the town, not seeing any more street signs, but I can see the city so it shouldn't be long before I'm at least in the area, the bus is supposed to stop at the greyhound stop outside. It'll be great to see you, too! I think the last time was when you were dressed as Poison at the 'Con?"

At the mention of her dressing as Poison from the convention, she couldn't help but laugh, looking down at herself a bit self consciously about how accurate the cosplay had been. "Oh, that was so fun! And my boobs felt so big with that push up bra!" she giggled. "But your Hibiki was amazing, it was so on point! Remember how high you placed in the cosplay contest? It must be because you're so tall, too!" She sighed with longing, with a hint of a smile still on this place. "Its really been too long. And now living together... I still can't believe we're going to the same school...!"

Tossing away the running shorts she was wearing and picking up some jeans, she struggled to get into something more presentable and avoid any... incidents. The last thing she wanted was a bad impression on her would be roommate. Her heart was beating so hard, it was almost as if it wanted to jump out of her chest. "I'll be walking to the bus stop right away! Do you mind if I get your keys at the front desk? Oh, I'm rambling... I'm just so happy!"

Jessie would laugh at the memory as well, continuing to grin and re-crossing her legs, looking back out the window as the bus slows down for a turn, and almost immediately passing by buildings at the outskirts of the city. The sound of the driver making an announcement of only a few minutes until the next stop, assuming traffic cooperated. "Yeah, it was! I still can't believe so many people wanted pictures of us! And I still can't believe how well I placed. Never thought being tall would be good for much." She would chuckle, smirking a bit remembering the breast forms that were used to create the bust for that costume, then turning to the unoccupied seat next to hers, which had a backpack in it. She opened it up and pulled out the campus map and unfolded it on her lap to look over as some of the scenery outside the window began to look familiar from the local attractions section for the college. "It has been too long! I'm glad Lauren decided to introduce us on Facebook. It's still amazing that we both wanted to go to this school, I mean, how often does something like this happen, huh?"

"Alright, shouldn't be much longer till the bus gets there. I think we just passed that pizza place that's a few blocks away just now...it smells awesome! Definitely gonna have to get something from there sometime. I don't mind at all! Will save us a stop on the way back in, my bag of stuff will make getting in awkward enough as it is." She laughed quietly, glancing up as the bus begins to slow again, for the turn onto the street that runs in front of the campus. "I know the feeling, I just hope our neighbors are nice. I know I'm going to have a great roommate, but a bunch of strangers...?" She would shrug her shoulders and fold the map back up before tucking it away and zipping the bag up. Won't be needing that if Taylor is going to be at the bus stop.

"I know, its hard enough being a few hours away from home, right?" Now wearing jeans and a light, breezy pink tank top with a clashing, obvious black bra, Taylor checked herself out in the mirror, happy with how girly she managed to look. It was looking and feeling like this that made her confident enough to go out and hand out with people, to show off how pretty she was. Looking like herself in the mirror really helped calm her nerves. "Like, thank God I'm with you! Can you imagine rooming with complete strangers?"

Grabbing the phone from the desk, she turned it back to call mode, holding it with her shoulder again as she looked for her purse. "You're so pretty, of course you would place that high up!" Taylor slipped on some sandals and headed out the door, stopping by the front office to get the keys. "Yeah, its no problem~! It kinda sounds like a long lasting sleep over between us girls! Had you ever had one before? A sleep over? I mean, I stayed a few nights with Lauren in the hotel for the 'Con, but that's it!" She was making her way to the bus stop when she caught sight of the greyhound. "Oh, I see your bus! Can you see me?"

"Yeah, it is. A bit stressful to be so far from anything familiar. But still pretty exciting, at the same time, yaknow?" She would shiver a little at the idea of having to share a room with a stranger. "Oh, god, no! I don't think I could manage that...I'd be freaking out all the time if I had to share space with someone I didn't know at all." Jessie would brush a hand down over a fairly flat chest covered by a light blue t-shirt that says 'Anime is Life' across the front, before checking her backpack contents again, getting out some strawberry chapstick and applying it to lightly color her lips in a way that wouldn't raise suspicions of anyone who she assumes would look at her and not see a woman, and also checking to make sure that the medicine she'd saved up for and gotten prescribed was still where she had put it under some random gender neutral clothes.

At the compliment, Jessie would blush and look down at her feet, smiling a bit though. "Oh, come on! Do you know how much work that took to look like that?" She would laugh and shake her head, grinning at the thought of being able to actually being able to follow through with all of this and not being judged. Though trying to hide the truth for so long is kind of stressful, but she figures with enough effort put in, it could work and maybe everything would be fine in the long run. "Yeah, it certainly seems like that's what it will be, right? And no....not really, aside from a different 'Con with Lauren, like you. It made going to the 'Con so much more affordable and was a lot of fun! Other than her I haven't really had any friends close enough to do that with." At the question, Jessie would turn back towards the window, leaning to peer towards the front of the bus and towards the curb. She would smile and begin waving as she caught sight of Taylor. "I think so! Not quite how I remember, but you're looking good, girl!"

Back
Top Bottom