Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Crazies(TicTacGuy123 and Princess)

Jericho noticed her attachment to the queen, looking at the white piece and thinking to himself, glancing down at his own. He lifted it and rotated it in his fingers, feeling the smooth carving. "Sometimes Abigail, even though it may not be preferable, the Queen must be sacrificed in order to win. And if you're lucky, really, really lucky..." he leaned in closer, dropping his voice to just above a whisper. "Your pawn can become a new one."

He leaned back into his chair, speaking normally again. "Well, as for me, I enjoy really quick and action-oriented movies. I like chess, as I already said. I like boxing, I find the mix of discipline and power interesting, even though I...don't really have discipline." He tapped his chin rhythmically, thinking of anything else he enjoyed. "Sometimes I made little gadgets out of random things that I found laying around my apartment. Most of them didn't work, and one of them set the place on fire. So I don't know if I still like to do that sort of thing..."

His words actually sent chills down her spine. Her spine. It was exciting, the way he answered her. It was such a non sheep way of strategizing that she couldn't wait to finally be able to play him. Of course, she was once again trying to calm herself. If she was too excited, then she wouldn't have anymore control. "Ohhh..? You can build things, that's very interesting! Hold on, what happened?" She purred finally after he told her what he liked to do. "One of your gadgets? It set your apartment on fire? Did it explode?" Abigail asked him, clear interest expressed on her face.

He was smart, he had the mindset to be a wolf, even if he might have just been speaking of the game. She had to wonder what he meant by that last part. The pawn being a queen? But it was useless...it could only attack in a specific way. There were so many pawns, they were nothing but throw aways. She looked forward to being taught whatever lesson he had in store for her.

He blushed slightly, not expecting her to be so interested in his hobby. "Well, yes I occasionally put things together, hoping that it can do...something. Anything really." He pushed his glasses back up onto his nose, his eyebrows furrowing as he thought of the one that had broken. "I don't know exactly what parts I was using...but I was hoping to make something that could tunnel through solid objects. It didn't work, so I trashed it, and then kaboom" he waved his arms around in a dramatic fashion, indicating an explosion, "fire. And then I got kicked out, taken into custody and then boop. Here I am."

He sighed and fiddled with his pieces, his thoughts racing. He missed the outside world where he was free to do almost anything he pleased. The doctors would never let him have electronics, and they were worried about letting him be too close to even a television. Everything was so constricting. The clothes, the schedule, the pills...it all depressed Jericho, and it was difficult for him to let his other emotions free because of it.

"That's ridiculous. Sending someone to this hellhole just because one of their experiments failed." Abigail muttered as she stared at the chess board. "I'm going to make the first move, okay?" It wasn't her asking, it was her telling him. She moved one of her pawns in the middle of the board ahead and then gestured for him to make his move. She thought about telling him more about herself, considering that he told her how he ended up here. However, she wasn't quite sure if he would understand the other her, at least not yet.

"I was sent here because of a stupid reason, too." She started, her eyelids drooping as she tried to keep herself calm while recalling the incident. "I didn't do anything wrong. It was all his fault. My cousin...he tried to take advantage of me. I was merely practicing self defense. Sure, I got mad. But he deserved it for being such a pervert and trying to steal my innocence..." She trailed off before taking a deep breath. She needed to get to the point before she got too deep into her emotions. "I hit him. I hit him until he stopped moving. Then I got revenge. He humiliated me, so I was only returning the favor. I sent his girlfriend a picture of him with his pants down and wrote rapist. It wasn't just her, either. The whole family...they needed to know."

Jericho listened to her tale, nonchalantly taking his knight and moving it in front of his pawns, hardly giving it any second thought. "So..." he muttered to himself quietly,"you killed your cousin and then shamed him to your family..." He looked down at the chess board, thinking to himself before he looked back up at her, smiling again. "I can understand that. After all, it sounds like he deserved what he got, seeing as he tried to steal your innocence."

Jericho leaned back in his seat, biting at his lip. "You ended the life of one miserable and undeserving creep yes? I ended the lives of several unsuspecting and innocent people. My failed experiment cost me a lot more than just the apartment." He sighed heavily, starting to depress even himself. "I miss it out there, in the free world. But I kind of deserve what I got."

Abigail wasn't even really sure if her cousin died or not. She had never thought about it. She had been carted off here the next day after it had happened. She hoped he was dead. From the bottom of her heart, she hoped that bastard was rotting in hell right now. Her thoughts were interrupted when Jericho informed her of his own hand in the deaths of others. She sighed and shook her head. "We all die sometime. Besides, I have found that many people in this world serve no purpose. They harm the earth and others with their selfishness. The less people on the planet, the better." She told him. It was true...she didn't have any regard for anyone's life except her own.

She simply moved another pawn forward, taking care to avoid his knight. She then rested her cheek against the palm of her hand and stared at him. "Maybe you deserved this...but only because of the kind of world we live in. It is not perfect, but it is better than being in here. That's why I miss it. I took it for granted for so many years. But this place is far, far worse." She mumbled in disapproval.

Back
Top Bottom