Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Social Media Sites

Social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and many more have been dominating the world of Internet.

There is one leader in a certain time period who will dominate as the supreme media site. Back then it was Yahoo!Messenger then Friendster, then now it's Facebook.

Everything is connected to Facebook. Businesses have their own Facebook pages; it's where teachers post assignments; it's where people share their stories.

Do you use Facebook? I find myself wanting to escape it but found it necessary to create an account. It's quite annoying, honestly. Back in my third year high school, Facebook just started (year of our Lord, 2011) and by fourth year high school, it became popular and well, I still didn't have an account. I was unaware of how my classmates are part of it. But that's not what hurts. I'm happy that I get to stay away from class issues regarding the nonsense my classmates post online, however, I'm unaware that the teachers made Facebook groups and post assognments. There were assignments that was not said in class but posted there. Result is, I'm not able to do those assignments. :sleepy:

I think instagram, snapchat and instant messaging apps like Whatsapp are overshadowing Facebook. I check my facebook daily but all I find is people sharing pages and videos. Rarely does anyone bother to write a post or message me. Whilst snapchat and instagram are much more active and people actually do something rather than share. Twitter is also more active than Facebook for me.

I'm not saying Facebook isn't active. I realize it is probably larger in terms of users and now it actually owns Whataspp. I'm just saying my network of acquaintances don't use it much compared to instagram, snapchat, twitter and Whataspp.

I have a facebook account, but I barely use it anymore. At one time, I played the games and talked to my friends there, more so than posting. I barely do that anymore. I do use YIM and Skype daily. It helps keep me connected with my BMR friends. I don't do many social media sites. BMR is pretty much the bulk of what I do.

I don't have a primary Facebook account. Primary as in "actually added friends, has my name and I use it". I do have an account that's not linked to anything important, which I _very_ rarely use if there's a link somewhere pointing to a picture or similar on facebook, which I can't view without being logged in.

Besides that... It's 2015 and I have managed to completely ignore facebook so far :D

I like social media sites. I like to think about 8th graders in hundreds of years writing a report for history class on the dawn of the internet, sifting through the earliest social media to learn what we were like. I might be a class report someday!

Back
Top Bottom