Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Purely Business (Goody and Mysterious)

"It's the best strategy to play with. I'll stay here at home, and you go on and go for there base. It will take a while for them to notice, and by that time you'll need to refill and will already be heading back here to refill your ammo."

Going through with their plan Joyce ran past their opponents, effectively distracting them. They both started to shoot after her, though she was had to see, because the only part of her that glowed was her chestplate.

"Right, good luckk sweetie," Diego said before giving her a kiss on the cheek. It felt natural to him and he smiled before running off. Despite being a mildy big guy, well more in girth and than in height, Diego was surprisingly sneaky. Ever since he was a kid, he could blend into the background and no one would notice. Not a lot of people paid attention to him. This allowed him to escape situations pretty easily.

He was unnoticed by the other couple so he was able to rack them up serious points by shooting at their homebase repeatedly and from different angles, stopping when he had a bit of ammo for the trip back.

Joyce had played sports from the time she was a little girl, through most of her college career. She a L ways kept in shape, maybe letting herself go just a little bit during the holidays. Because she was always in shape, she easily evaded their opponents. She was like bambii, with the way she ran around the obstacles and darted their rays. She had barely been hit.

The man noticed the point screen up toward the ceiling and went off looking for Diego to stop his pursuit. Joy turned around and went after the woman. She was much slower. Easy for Joy to score points on.

Diego was heading back to the homebase before pulling off a feint off of the other guy. The other guy shot him and tried to shoot him, but Diego was faster, shooting him dead in the chest with a laser before sprinting back to his home base and reloading.

He decided to play on the defensive, secretly texting Joy to head for the base as he would now be the shield and she would be the sword,

Joyce had no clue who would be texting her at this time, but she looked at her phone as Diego's message scroll across the screen. She shot at the woman till her ammo was almost gone before running to home base. The woman didn't have the guys to run after her.

"We are kicking but," she smiled at Diego as she ran behind their safety zone to recharge their guns. " Even though we have quite a bit of time left on the clock, there's no way they could come back from this kind of beating," gone was her usual sweet smile. In its place was one that was much more devious.

Diego gave her a devious smile back and kept going. THe entire time, Diego was helping Joyce run laps around the other couple. The other couple would note how natural they were in planning and the flawless execution, chalking it up to them having been a perfect couple with years of experience and love.

Diego blushed when he ehard that and subconsciously, he realized he was falling in love with Joyce and there was nothing that could be done to stop it, nor did he want to stop it. Soomn the buzzer rang and it was obvious.

Diego and Joyce won.

Joyce and Diego were great together, but not just in the game. In general, they just mixed together very well. They were completely compatible from their choices in television and music and to what they wanted in life. It was possible that the agreement they made, was the best decision that could have been made for either of them.

The other couple congratulated them, they hadn't stood a chance, and they weren't poor lovers about it either. It was all high fives and smiles.

"Well have to do that again sometime, it was more fun than I remembered it being," she smiled leaning in for a hug.

Diego smiled, high from excitement and the good cheer from the other couple congratulated them. He went over and hugged her tight. He was filled with so much excitement and joy that he leaned in for a kiss. It was his first kiss with her.

It was wonderful. It was amazing. It filled him with joy and mirth and love and so much more. He parted from her, a blush on his face and a wonderful loving smile on his face. This was truly the best decision he ever made to be with her.

Joyce was shocked and confused, but she thoroughly enjoyed the kiss. For once her smile was kind of shy. " That was something," she couldn't meet his eyes. She was slightly embarrassed about how much she liked the fe of Diego's lips on her own. "Um," she cleared her throat.

"Are you hungry? We didn't eat before we left the house and I'm starving," she tried to avoid talking about the kiss. Her mind just had it on replay.

Diego saw her blush and look a bit, which made him blush more and also act a bit shy. He did smile at her. "Sure, let's try the pizza," Diego said as he grabbed her hand, making smile some more and going off to get their pizza.

"What do you like on your pizza?" he asked her

She took his hand, their fingers completely intertwined as they were"White sauce is a definite. The only dishes I like with marinara sauce is lasagna and certain eggplant dishes. I like onions, mushrooms, olives, spinach, and chicken. That is the best combination of topping. Or at least I think so. We can always do half and half if you like."

Joyce was particular about everything as Diego was coming to learn. That included things, like what toppings she wanted on her pizza. Being the only daughter she had got her way on a lot of things, especially with her father. She knew that she was a tad spoiled, and used to getting her way.

Diego actually blanched a bit when she mentioned white sauce. "That's actually the opposite for me. Ever since I was a kid, white sauces, that weren't dessert anyway, would make me gag at best and vomit at worst. THat's also for ranch and salad dressings," he said, shudderng a bit. "I don't know why, but it just doesn't work for me," Diego said, finding it kinda funny their opposite tastes with pizza.

"Regarding toppings, I tend to normnally get just cheese pizza though occasionally I'll get some different types of cheeses or pepperoni though I have eaten spinach and tomatoes on my pizza. I think we should get half and half," Diego said to her with a smile before he squeezed her hand.

"Good to know for the future. When I'm mad at you I'll just buy white sauce, everything," Diego was a simple kind of guy. She wasn't surprised that his taste in food was just as simple. They ordered their pizza and then looked around for a spot to sit. It was a crowded night filled with kids, families, and couples.

"It's hard to imagine your parents will be here tomorrow. You've really started to quell my fears. This game of lazer tag definitely helped as well. What about your brother? Did you end up hearing anything about him?"

"And I'll just use the white sauce to cook you something," Diego countered, not sure if she was being serious or not. He also didn't like white sauces because he felt they didn't have alot of nurtitional value. Least red sauces had tomatos and whatever else like herbs and garlics.

"They're gonna love you. I just know it," Diego told her with a confident smile. He then began thinking about his younger brother. "Nah, I picture you'll be meeting him at the engagement party since he did say he will be coming," he said. He held her hand and he gave her a soft affectionate look.

" As long as your mom likes me. I know if you make the mom happy that's all that matters. Especially since she didn't have a daughter it should be a little easier for us to bond. And her to get to know me. I also know that my mother is going to want to snatched her up and get her involved with all the planning, while she's here," Joyce could picture her mother now.

Soon their delicious creation was o laced in front of them with some peppers and cheese. Their game and the fact that Joy usually only snacked at work, meant she was super hungry.

Diego smiled back. "You're a wonderful woman and I'm really happy to be with you," Diego said in an honest and happy tone. The large pizza arrived for the both of them and Diego took his slices. The pizza was actually pretty good; it was definitely a big reasion why people came here. The popularity was enough for the people to consider making a takeout option for the pizza and the rest of the foods.

Diego was eating his slices pretty fast, but not that fast. "That was a lot of fun! We are coming here mroe often," Diego said to her, enjoying being here. He ordered himself some water to drink before asking his fiancee what she wants

"I'm happy with you, too. I imagine that's only going to get better the longer were together, " she had started thinking about their impending future. It scared her a bit, but the idea also thrilled her. She would soon get use to the idea of waking up to him every morning and all that it entailed.

"I say we should come at least once a month, no matter what's going on in our life. Even if it's just for the pizza," she smiled as she took a bite of pizza. She too ordered a water but she got lemon in hers.

"Yeah, I'm very happy I'm able to be here with you," Diego said to her. He squeezed her hand once more as he looked at her. Everything that he wanted to do, he wanted to share with her. He wanted to share his joy with her. He wanted to be with her.

"Right. I think once a week, we should have time to go out and do something together," he said to her as he kept eating pizza. He smiled at her before leaning to kiss her nosey.

Her eyes went big with shock but she smiled anyway. "I definitely think that's a grand idea. We both are busy people, but we both need to make time for each other. Its a good way to make sure that were communicating, also that were staying close. Not to mention that its a good practice for when we eventually have children." Joyce was starting to picture what it would be like to have Diego's babies. It was a little too soon, but eventually she would want it.

It was getting late and his parents would be their early in the morning. Most of her pizza was gone, she had half a slice left, it would get eaten later. "We should get going baby, I was up so early and now I'm getting sleepy."

"Also, just to unwind and have fun. We can't take life too seriously," Diego said to her with a smile, a smile that grew when she mentioned children. "Maybe when we have a bit more time, or at least after the initial issues are settled, we should try joining a Big Broter/Big Sister sort of group to get better experience with handling kids," Diego suggested to her.

He had one slice left and so he put their slices in a to-go box before nodding and heading out. His hand was in hers and he looked atadorigly. "Today was a lot of fun and I'm glad we were able to spend time together like this," he said before kissing her cheek.

Joyce was surprised that he didn't kiss her again. She really wanted to kiss him again, but all she got was kiss on the cheek. They were still close, so she leaned in so that there lips pressed together. Pulling back a smile on her face. "Thank you, for tonight. It was a lot of fun," she reached for his hand so she could hold it all the way to the car.

At home she showered and got into a silky camisole and short set, before wrapping her curls for the night. The next day would be busy. Joyce would make them a breakfast feast, while Diego would go pick up his b parents from the airport.

Diego didn't kiss her on the lips again beause he wasn't sure if she wanted it. However, he happily returned the kiss that she gave him on the lips, putting the smile back on her face. At home, he prepared his own nightly ritual before going to bed and happily cuddling Joy in their sleep.

Diego woke up early and kissed his fiancee good morning before he showered and headed off to pick up his folks from the airport. "I'm on my way back, dear. Everything ready?" Diego said as he talked to Joyce. It would be some 20 minutes before there was the doorbell on their home.

She had got used to Diego sleeping next to her, when he moved she woke up and it took her failing at going back to sleep for her to wake up. She waved as he left and hopes in the shower herself, got dressed, and fixed herself up before heading to the kitchen.

"You bet. I got the whole set up," Joyce was just starting to make the waffles, everything else was warmed on the table. She made sausage, bacon, a little Canadian ham, hasbrowns, scrambled eggs, a fresh pot of coffee orange juice, milk, and an array of toppings from sautéed spinach, salsa, sour cream, to mushrooms for the eggs. Since fall was fastly approaching she decided to make pumpkin waffles with a cinnamon syrup.

By the time they were rolling up in the drive way, everything was in elegant warmers on the table. She fixed her hair in the mirror by the door and waltz out to meet her in laws. She just wanted it all to go well.

Diego smiled as the door opened and he hugged Joy and enjoying the smells of the delicious food that she made. Then came Diego's parents. The dad was a tan with a nice mustache and resembled more your traditional mustache. Despite being in his 50s, he look in his 30s, only bretrayed by his occasional white hair that could barely be seen.

Diego's mother appeared and she was paler than Diego. She would've appeared like a caucasian American, but she resembled Spaniard more. Nonetheless, she was Mexican and she did look younger than she was, though not to the extent as her husband. "Mom, Dad, this is my beloved girlfriend, Joyce," Diego said as he introduced his girlfriend to his parents. His dad, being the gentleman, smiled and shook her hand. "It's a plesure," he said to her with a smile. Diego's mother did the same as she shook her hand with a friendly smile while also looking over Joyce.

"What's that delicious smell?" Diego's father asked as the delicious smell hit them both.

Joyce kept her arm wrapped around Diego's waist as his parents walked in. He had to introduce her to a few people this week, but he hadn't called her beloved, she liked it. "It's so nice to meet the both of you. I figured you would be hungry after your flight, so I went ahead and made us some breakfast," she started leading them to the dining room where she had everything laid out. The smell of the cinnamon syrup still hung in the air.

"It really is nice to meet you, both. Diego speaks so lovingly of his family and with us getting serious we wanted to meet each other's families. He had the misfortune of eating with my family last week."

Diego sat with Joyce on one side and his parents sat right across from them, with the food spread out between them.

Back
Top Bottom