Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Purely Business (Goody and Mysterious)

Diego figured they wouldn't sleep together just yet since they just kinda met He was happy he was still going to live wth her. "All right. I can't wait," Diego said to her with a smile. He went with her back in the car to get to her house

"Wow, you weren't kidding when you said your house was like this It's amazing," Diego remaked, being very impressed before he walked inside with her. He looked around; he found the entire place very nice. He looked around the kitchen and so on. He placed his Magic Bullet in the kitchen while placing the rest of his things in his room.

He spent some time putting things away and setting the place up with his items and clothing. Diego noticed it was the afternoon and will become evening soon. "So what do you wanna do now? Maybe we should relax and watch something together," he suggested.

Joyce liked to think her house was very cozy. When she bought the house about two years ago the house had been close to being closed down. A lot of the houses on the street were. There was a boom of families who wanted to live close to the city, so the houses got sold anyways.

All the rooms were painted rather brightly her living room a powder blue, her kitchen a sunrise orange. His room was one of the few room that was painted normal. It was dark navy blue, with a wooden floor and furniture.

When Diego came back down, Joyce was already in the kitchen fixing them dinner. " I can put something in the oven real quick, then we can kind of just hang out till dinner is ready. Did you want something to drink? I was thinking lasagna for dinner. There's some red wine over on the wine rack," she pointed to the corner. "Or if you're more of a beer man. There's blue moon in the fridge."

Finished with preparing the lasagna, she placed the glass dish into the oven. "How did you like your room," she quickly washed her hands. "Did you want to watch Netflix or did you want to sit and talk.:

"I don't like beer all that much. I like red wine though, my dad is a connoisseur of it kinda," Diego mentioned to her before he looked over at the wine rack. "This looks good," he mentions before he grabs it and goes to chill the wine like his dad taught him.

"Well, we can probably watch some stuff after dinner, but we should talk about what we will tell our parents. Also, I figured you would just have WebWatch," he said with a smile as he sat with her in the living room couch. "I never told my folks I was explicitly single so they could probably believe me. My brother would be surprised why I didn't parade it, but I could tell all of them that since you're a CEO, you value your privacy," Diego explained as he was sitting with her.

"I'm more of mix drink girl, myself. The beer is for my brothers, and I doubt they'll believe me when I say that I've been hiding a boyfriend all this time. Mainly because we're all so close. I keep some secrets from them, but I'm also a terrible liar. They'll know, even if my parents believe me, they definitely will not," she pondered over what she could tell them.

"I'll go ahead and shoot them a text to see if they'll meet for dinner in a week," she pulled out her phone and just added to their already long group text. Within minutes she was getting reply from her mother about what was going on. She felt bad that she had to lie and say nothing.

"Well, maybe you didn't wanna tell them since you were worried they might try to 'chase' me off," Diego suggested. He wondered if her family would be worried if she would be marrying someone who wasn't of African descent. He shrugged his shoulders.

"I'll do the same when I'll talk to my family about it. I'll tell them about it. They probably won't question too much about it. They know I have a tendency to do these sort of thimgs," he said as he looked at her. He gave her a supporting smile. "We'll make it through together. We'll spend the week getting to know each other, Diego said to her with a comforting tone. Her smile was nice and he liked it.

"Maybe tomorrow I'll cook so it'll help you," he offered to.

"Yeah, I'm going to be quite busy the next few weeks trying to get the deal squared away. I know my family is going to be swarming one they find out the good news. So, um definitely going to be needing your help, mostly for moral support," the next few weeks would really test if they could make this work. They kind of had to make this work, especially with Diego being so invested into the relationship, with giving her a whole company.

"What do you mean you do these kind of things. No offense, but I can see you being the spontaneous, let's go do something crazy, kind of guy," she hoped they would really learn about each other in the next week or no one would ever believe them.

"Well, as the one in charge, it will be pretty easy to do with that. I'll be here for you, dear," Diego said before giving a smile as he scooted up closer to her. "I do crazy things, but my parents don't always udnerstand my reasoning. You see, I was born with Asperger's Syndrome," he said as he was explaining it to her about what it means and so on. He smiled and did his ebst to be comforting.

He sniffs the air. "I think the lasagna will be ready soon," he told her.

Joyce couldn't help but wonder what that would mean for their children. Asperger's was a genetic disease, and she was sure if it was recessive. She knew that they would care for their child no matter what, but she knew that it could put a hold on how many kids they ended up having because she had planned on having a big famiy. They would worry about it when they crossed that bridge.

It dawned on Joyce that he had moved closer, so she used the lasagna as an excuse to move away. " I'm going to put more cheese on it real quick, so it can melt before it's done," she backed away. Her body relaxing when there was more space between them.

It was only a few more minutes before it was done, so she pulled it out so it could settle." We'll have to know stories about each other and stuff. We don't have a story about how we started dating."

((It's not a disease. It's a condition and lots of people have it and do well with it, including me))

Diego noticed her worried expression and it admittingly made him feel uneasy.It showed on his face though he wasn't sure if she spotted it. That and the fact she noriced how uncomfortable she was being close to him. He bit his lip; he was having second thoughts on all this. Too late now, he supposed, unless she was just calling her parents to invite them over and didn't tell them about the wedding.

They had a week. If everything went to hell, he could just introduce himself as a business partner and let her run the company still. He was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't notice her statement, he was looking down in a state of pndering.

(Its a form of autism, and its been linked to some mutation in our genetic makeup. There are quite a few social disorders like that.)

Of course Joyce noted how down he was and wondered what she said that took away his happy demeanor. She came back around to his side of his counter, so she could try and make eye contact with him. "Did I say something wrong. I know sometime I can be unsympathetic, but I want you to let me know if I ever make you feel that way. The only way this is going to work, is if were both being honest with each other about how we feel or if something is wrong. Please looked at me," she practically begged. She wanted to make sure that Diego was alright. She wasn't used to dating guys who were reclusive or that required her to be vulnerable, Joy would have to get used to it fast.

"Let's eat dinner," she got down two plates, and cut a decent sized piece for them both. "Let's go eat in front of the t.v.".

(I know)

Diego raised his head and saw her look into his eyes. He was a bit moved by how what she said. It meant alot she was taking his feelings into consideration. "It;s just... when I mentioned the Asperger's... you got this look of dread on your face," Diego confessed to her. "I always knew there was a risk for my kids to get it, but I thought it would be okay," he explained to her as he remained looking at her.

"All right. And tell me if I ever do something insesitive or silly or such," Diego asked her as he looked at her with a vulnerable look. "I just wanna make you happy," he admitted as he followed Joy to the kitchen to get the plates with the food before he smiled at her and went with her to the TV. "I don't wanna make you uncomfortable or anything," he said to her.

"I'm not worried about anything you have. I could be a carrier for something and not know it. Heck, like a lot of black people I could be a carrier for sickle cell, which would be very helpful if we lived in a place with Malaria, but that's besides the poin, " she moved closer to him on the couch. She wasn't sitting right next to him, but closer than she had been to him yet.

"I feel like I could really grow to like you, maybe more. I just need you to be patient with me, please," she would try her best to show him that she cared. It was obvious that Diego cared for her, Joy wanted to be able to show him that same level of care.

Diego looked at her scoot over to him and he smiled at the gesture. He smiled and nodded at her with a compassionate smile. "I feel the same way. I know we'll make it through this crazy thing," Diego said to her with a big smile. He then looked down at her lasagna and decided to try it. He softly blew on the piece before eating it.

His eyes widened abit before smiling. He swallowed before facing Joy with a child-like glee on his face. "Your lasagna is really good!" Diego said to her with sincerity.

"You're a really nice person."

"Lasagna is pretty hard to screw up. You'll have to get used to me experiment with different seasoning and cultures, usually they're successful," his smile made smiling back seem so effortlessly. When he smiles everything about his face seemed younger and brighter, she wanted to to keep him that way as often as possible. Which meant her being a little more flexible with her boundries.

"So what do you want to watch? We at WebWatch like to keep a broad amount of options from high brow documentaries and hard Sci Fi to Regular show and anime. Take your pick."

"I'm all right with that. It's fun to try new things," Diego said as Joy's smile made him smile some more. "Next time, I'll make us some garlic bread to accompany it," he added before looking to see WebWatch load up. The aesthetics were pretty nice, but many agreed they needed to be updated to fit in with the others. He smiled at eharing her more professional tone before looking.

"You have Psych? I love that show," Diego said before his eyes lit up and his smile changed. He had an idea. "Hey, why don't we get WebWatch on game consoles like Hulu and Netflix? We could get them on the Wii U, the normal Wii, the Playstation 4 and the Xbox One. Speaking of, I'm thinking we could change th aesthetics to be blue, to serve as the counterpart to Netflix and Hulu. In fact, since Blockbuster also rented out games, maybe we can even get a partnership with Steam for membership possibilieis!" Diego said with a goofy grin.

His mind was racing of the many ways things could be done to make it better. Like Howard Hughes or Walt Disney, he ahd that innovative spark in his eye and a child-like enthusiam as he thought of all the possiiblities.

"Of course we have Psych, we have plenty of contracts with the major television production company, even some of the smaller ones such as Oxygen. We're the only streaming website that work with CLOO as well. I want to be able to appeal to a large variety of people with our inventory," Joyce had worked hard to keep their contracts secure. She also worked hard to constantly get new contracts. Obviously some movie do to well for them to go straight to streaming, but she woukd try to get them at least for short time periods.

"A lot things are gojng to have to change, including the majority of the asthetics, from the website to our logo. I think you're right about the color, maybe a sky blue. Soon we will be on more platforms. You can only watch it on phones and computers, and that's where we lose people. That's why these next fe months are crucial, there will be plenty to do."

Diego claimed that he wasn't a businessman, but he had plenty of ideas for the company once merged. Maybe she would be able to convince him to come sit in on a meeting or two with the creative team.

She switched on Psych, it wasn't particularly one of her favorite shows, but it was something that she could sit through. They were occasionally funny.

Diego listend to her talk, having an impressed and admiring look o his face. He was definitely proud of the acomplishments his fianee accomplished with her company. He was listening to her about the improvements she will be making to the company. "There's also Blockbuster. You gotta keep calling it as such and branded under WebWatch or rename it," he asked her before he got to pick an episode.

He picked the Twin Peaks parody episode, Dual Spires. Diego consistently had an amused and mirthful smile, he loved Psych. It made him laugh at the goofy antics and the pop culture references. "What do you like to watch?" he asked her.

She had plenty of plans for the companies, she didn't want Diego to regret handing it over to her. Now that she thought about it, she hadn't heard of anyone else ever receiving such and amazing engagement gift such as a whole company.

Soon her food was gone and she moved her play so she could really relax into the couch. She pulled a throw blanket off the edge and snuggled herself underneath. She was always cold. She did have to pull up her skirt to sit comfortably, without thinking she hiked up the material unintentionally showing smooth brown thighs. "I wouldn't say I like evrrything, but I have a broad range I love HTGAWM, Code black, Being Mary Jane, Big Bang Theory, and I love a lot of CW shows. So, I guess you can say I'm all over the place."

Diego wanted to scoot closer to Hoy, but he figured she wasn't ready for that as if yet. "Do you need another blanket? I brought my favorite red one," Diego offered to her. However, he couldn't help but catch a glimpse of when she adjusted her skirt and saw her deliciously smooth brown thighs. It made him blush a bit.

"I like Big Bang Theory and especially Arrow and Flash. My tastes go across the spectrum to the popular to the odd. Like one of ym fave shows right now is Gravity Falls," Diego said to her as he watching Psych. "I would've love to see this crossover with Sherlock," he said with a smile.

Arrow and Flash were also favorites of Joy ' s she also loved Jane the Virgin and it's funny ways. She felt her face heat as he mentioned his live for Gravity Falls, because the truth was she would occasionally watch Regular Show. When she was bored. And nothing else was on. If there was no chance of anyone coming over. She would sometimes allow herself to indulge in an episode, or two, or perhaps the whole marathon.

"So I know that we're capable of binge watching just about any show together. What type of music do you listen to? I hate to further stereo types, but I love R&B. Not just the radio stuff either, Melanie Fiona, Jasmine Sullivan, Mali. People who can actually sing, but unfortunately do not get as much playing time as they should."

Diego turned to see her get a mild blush. He wondered what she was thinking. "I'm not ashamed of watching cartoons. Back in the day, cartoons were for everyone, kids and adults. And some of the stuff now like Korra, Steven Unvierse and Gravity Falls are well-written and sometimes better than most of the live action stuff," Diego said as he looked at her with a smile.

He believed in the power of animation and saw so much untapped potential in it. As they were watching it, he reoffered the opportunity for the blanket. "This is nice, being able to watch something together," he said to her.

She noticed the way he looked at her. The blanket wasn't humongous, but a good size for two. She scooted close enough that the blanket could drape over the two of them.

Joyce was almost always cold, and she could feel the heat radiating off his body. She was like a moth that couldn't resist the flame, she kept scooting over rill she was sitting right next to him.

When he saw her scoot in closer, he couldn't help but smile some more. He could feel her body heat and he could tell that she was cold. He wrapped his blanket over hers so she can get warm.

Diego smiled at her. "What about movies? What kind of movies do you like? I always liked some noir stuff or some of the classics like Blue Velvet," Diego explained to her as he turned to her with a grin. "Feel better?" he asked, in regards to the blanket. "I like R&B too. My favorite genre is jazz though thanks to my folks I love classic rock, rock n roll and pop rock, epsecially from Latin America in the 80s," Diego added, fondly remembering listening to all the songs his folks did when they were in college when they would play it in the car when he and his brother were children.

"Thank you, I'm always cold," she leaned back into the plush couch, enjoying the softness. This was comfortable, layered under blankets, sitting close to Diego, they would probably spend many nights just doing.

"I'll listen to just about anything," Joyce remembered growing up and listening to what her parents liked, and knew that probably influenced her music choice a lot."I'm not the biggest movie buff, but I do have my favorites. I probably watch pride and prejudice at least once a month, when I'm sick I watch it over and over. I like movies jn general, and will watch anything but scary movies. And like everyone else, I'm super excited for all the superhero movies coming out. Suicide squad has a bunch of hype, I hope it lives up to it. I would live to get that on Web Watch.

Diego smiled being happy just being here with her. "Well, I know what to watch with you when you're sick and maybe you'll like Pride and Prejudice and Zombies when that comes out," Diego suggested to her. "I don't like scary movies either. But yeah, trying to get more superhero movies would be a lot of fun. Heck, maybe we can start making Webwatch original for superheroes, like how Netflix has done Daredevil. It did very well and I figure we could do something like it," Diego offered to her.

It'd be a bit hard in trying to find something DC or Marvel would be willing to let them do, though Diego had a few ideas. He'd like to get Constantine on WebWatch or maybe do something inspired by it and make a Ghost Rider show or a Wonder Woman animated series. "What type of series would you wanna see?" he asked her.

Back
Top Bottom