Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Revelations from the Bible

:huh: Greetings! I am confused after reading the Revelations as to what it could mean. People say it's happening but I still do not understand the symbols- the beasts and the number "666". It is somewhat similar to the bar code that one stamps to the hand or forehead.

Also, for other religions such as Islam, do you have these? Would you like to share your versions?

:) Any answers are welcome and appreciated.

It's a very interesting book of the Bible with bizarre imagery, symbolism, and controversial history. Even Biblical scholars are left scratching their heads at the meaning of the Revelation. Originally, it wasn't even part of the New Testament canon and was added later despite protest. Orthodox churches do not use Revelation for scripture readings during worship and some would say that the book is heresy.

As far as my view on the book, I see it in a more metaphorical and allegorical light than a literalist interpretation. (But to be fair, I am not a Christian and I view pretty much the entire thing metaphorically/allegorically.) I am personally not at all concerned about the "mark of the beast" whether its stamps or barcodes. And as for people saying its happening and that the end is near...well, they have been saying that for a long time now. Most biblical prophecies are vague enough to fit whatever current events are happening. So for me, it's just an interesting story about the end times.

Here is a rather interesting article I found while poking around for input with google. Awesome!

:D That's interesting. A nice viewpoint. That would change my reading of other books of the Bible as well. Thank you!

It was actually a joke that Daniel and John were high on drugs and hallucinating those events. The article may suggest that they were imaginative writers who have to disguise their message in their writing as there was no freedom of speech during the Roman empire.

Asphodel Terrarium said:
:D That's interesting. A nice viewpoint. That would change my reading of other books of the Bible as well. Thank you!

It was actually a joke that Daniel and John were high on drugs and hallucinating those events. The article may suggest that they were imaginative writers who have to disguise their message in their writing as there was no freedom of speech during the Roman empire.

Hey, no problem! I find discussions on religion and spirituality very fascinating so I am delighted when I can share my view on the subject.

That is definitely a possibility. I hadn't thought of it that way! It would make a lot of sense.

Back
Top Bottom