Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Angels & Demons {KayLove x rskde}

She raised a delicate blonde brow at his hand extended towards her but she didn't accept it, feeling like touching him was something that she didn't want to do, but there was a little piece in the back of her mind that said 'It might be fun to..' but that voice was quickly snuffed out by her other thoughts. "Well, Jay, I would say it would be rude to give my name seeing as you were trying to kill me moments ago, but its Olesya." she told him with a nod, "And its not you fault that I simply see demons as something that should not be on this earth, I might hesitate next time." she said as she started to back away, getting ready to head home and face the disappointment from her own commander of her failure, "Those other two lacked humanity, saw only the dark, its not hard to best those who can't look into the light."

Her golden wings spread wide as she began to stretch them out, "Maybe I'll check up on you at your island, but then again angel's aren't allowed vacations, it's be for strictly business. Making sure you aren't poisoning the world with your devilish ways." she said with a smirk before she flapped her wings and she was off like lightning.

The climb back to the heaven's was always harder than the decent, you had to work for it, keep yourself moving at a rate that would be exhausting to one that wasn't used to the motion. But Olesya made the trip quick and landed delicately on the darkened white hall, a soft glow emitting from the orbs of light above her head as she walked down the grand hall to her commanders office. Although the heavens mimicked the light as if it were night, they could be brightened with a command, not that Olesya cared.

"Commander," she said as she opened the heavy door and saw her winged commander sitting behind a grand desk with his own ivory wings folded behind him that mirrored her own.

"You did not succeed did you." it was a statement not a question, he already knew that she did not, but she would answer either way.

"No, J-" she stopped herself from saying Jay, "A fallen was there, they must have known that we would be watching him." she said as she stood straight and relayed information like any good soldier would do.

"Ah, well... Another human will be born to take his place," said Azale, as he rubbed his bearded chin, "Well, you shall do your patrols Olesya," she knew that she was dismissed now, and let out a sigh as she left the room, rubbing the back of her neck as she did so.

He pulls his hand away, slightly embarrassed by the fact she didn't shake it, he nods when she states her name and watches her leave, crossing his arms as he watches the winged figure disappear into the night sky. He rolls his shoulders and walks over to the edge of the building and falls face first towards the ground, slipping through the solid ground into the atmosphere of Hell. He soars down to the palace of Big Wing. He hits the ground and brushes away the guards, his Commander stands in the way between him and the door.

"What do to think you're doing?" He asks, pure hatred fills the minor demon's eyes as he speaks. The Commander obviously knows that if he talked to Big Wing right now, he could easily take the Commander position away from this minor, Jay moves past him and elbows him out of the way, walking inside and bowing before Satan himself. The giant beast of a demon stands nearly seven feet tall and is completely red, literally the exact definition of what humans know as a demon, horns twirling from the sides of his head and go at wings spread behind his back.

"My lord, my Commander has proven to be incompetent in his tasks of training his men and using them to accomplish missions." He says to the master of demons, the giant nods, speaking in a great booming voice.

"I have noticed his failures, do you have any evidence towards the matter of his incompetence? We are speaking of a highly accomplished individual, Fallen." He says to Jay.

"My lord, I have defeated, by myself, the very angel who destroyed his two best Fallen Angels at once, I have bested her and allowed her to live down the shame of her defeat." He explains, the demon just nods.

"You will replace him as Commander, effective immediately, you will take his flight squadrons by tomorrow, allow him some time to pack his things, congratulations." He says before shooing Jay away.

Jay leaves the palace with a big smile on his face, explaining to his old commander what had happened before flying off, going back to the surface. He finds the island he had spoken to Olesya about, finding a place in the shade and sitting back, relaxing. Something from his mind clicks about this place, but he had never really understood what exactly it was.

Olesya wasn't charged with another task other than her to watch over the world... A job only given when the higher ups assumed that you need a rest from the battle field, or a form of punishment for failing on her mission, which one she would never know. But she would do as she was told, pace around the hevens and inform them of anything of use. But so far it was a boring job.

She soon found herself siting on the edge of the hevens letting her booted feet dangle down over the world as she simply watched as human's went about their day. Angel's always there, always by the sides of the innocent and pure, there was never anything to really report.

"As the human's say, you are a sight for sore eyes sister." said Rachel, the closest thing to a friend that Olesya had, if angels were even allowed to have friends.

"Oh, yes. I'm on watch duty..." she said with a roll of her eyes as Rachel sat down next to her and nudged her shoulder, "What are the others saying about me?" she asked.

"Gossiping is for human's, you know that Olesya," Rachel said in a righteous tone, as she began to braid her long down hair, "But there are whispers that you were defeated by the new Commander." she said in a soft voice, "But most are wondering why you are still alive."

This was news to her, so Jay was now Commander because of her failures? "Luck I guess," she said with a down turn of her pale lips, "Just pure luck..." her words drifted off as she spotted a small island in the ocean... She couldn't help but smirk.

Rachel had been in the middle of speaking to Olesya when the blonde interupted her, "Rachel? Will you excuse me?" and without another word she let herself drop in a graceful dive down towards the Earth.

Soon enough she was diving straight into the lukewarm waters off the coast of the small island, her wings disappearing right before she his the water, making only a small splash in the gentle waves as she began to swim to the beach. Her armor changing as she swam to a white one piece bathing suit that she had seen human's wear before.

Before long she was walking from the ocean and up the beach noting a dark figure lounging under the shade. "I didn't know that Commanders of Hell took vacations." she said over the waves behind her.

The day had been going perfectly, the sun kissing his skin so that it is warm, the sounds of the waves crashing allow for an inner peace as he sits in the shade, all of it is almost enough to put him to sleep. He realizes the dangers, of course, at any moment a demon or an angel could come and take him down, either jealous of his new position or just wanting to kill him.

Jay sits up, looking over at her and raising his eyebrows. "And I thought you could only be here on official business, so what's the business exactly?" He asks with a laugh, crossing his legs. "I also had to give the old Commander some time to pack his things, he's pissed at me, so I just made sure to put an entire world between us so that I won't be regenerating first day of the job." He admits with a laugh.

"So what brings you to the beautiful island of Castaway Cay, as the humans call it?" He asks her, sitting back against his tree again, his arms behind his head. He wears a pair of aviator sunglasses and no shirt, but a pitch black pair of swimming trunks and no shoes, giving him a beach guy sort've look.

A wide brimmed tan sun hat appeared in her had with a dazzle of gold and she placed it upon her head, her tattoos of divinity were shimmering in the beating sun and she could feel it warm her damp skin. She let her toes dig into the soft sand, it felt nice to be somewhere with nothing to do, not something that she had experienced in a long while.

"Technically I am doing my duties," she said as she looked up and down the white sand beach, "After our... Spat, I am charged with watching duty." she placed her hands on her hips and looked down at the dark, shirtless, man before her. He looked so relaxed, she was slightly jealous, she didn't really know how to relax any more, feeling slightly crazy for even making the trip down here.

He sighs. "Sorry to hear that, must be terribly boring being able to look down at this place like its a giant toy... You're not here to continue that spat, right? I honestly am done with fighting for the day, this place is too nice out, y'know?" He asks with a laugh, he seems to be enjoying himself, like this was a much needed break.

"After all, I'd imagine you'd want to redeem yourself after I was ever so lucky to defeat you in combat." He says to her, stretching out his back and groaning as he does so. Compared to what he seemed like at the club, this was almost a different person, laid back, relaxed, not the dark figure who had killed his target.

"Did you miss the part of me saying my duty was to watch? I don't plan on fighting. Simply make sure nothing is going on that the angel's don't already know about. You, are something that we have great interest in, newest commander of Hell. We knew all about the former commander, particularly that little birthmark on his right cheek, it was the talk on all the clouds." she said with a small laugh as she raised a hand and gave a sharp snap, and before her was a stark white hammock tied tightly between two palm trees.

She carefully laid in the hammock and lounged back crossing one leg over the other, "Any curiously placed birthmarks you'd like to share?" she asked as she closed her eyes and sunbathed for the time being.

He laughs. "Alright then.. I don't have any birthmarks, I do have an odd scar on my side, and some tattoos." He explains, gesturing to the mark she had given him and the black images on his upper arms. He sighs and closes his eyes, enjoying the sand. "Y'know, the ocean is much more enjoyable than the sand, I've heard humans talk about the ocean, after they come out here it's all they can talk about." He opens his eyes and gets up.

"I'm gonna go in, you can come if you want." He offers, sliding his aviators up on to the crown of his forehead, revealing his dark eyes. He looks over at her and chuckles to himself, she seemed to legitimately be relaxed, he didn't think angels could be so unwound, he always has this opinion towards them being uptight and strict, one of the reasons he enjoys beating them on the battlefield.

He walks out towards the water, putting his feet into the warm Carribean, he lays his head back and sighs, he knows what the humans speak of now.

"No no, we know about those already." she said with a wave of her hand as she stretched her arms above her before relaxing them above her head as she watched him with gold eyes through her light lashes. "Human's have a tendency to exaggerate things, its only salt saturated water." she said meeting his eyes before he turned and she watched him walk into the water.

This was strange, being so close to a fallen angel without the need to kill him burning inside her. Maybe she was simply discouraged from killing him seeing as she hadn't done very well the last time. But she was curious, "Fine fine, this shall be the first and last time I accept an invitation to go anywhere with a fallen." she said with a sigh as she stood from her lounge and walked towards the light blue waters, "Never saw the appeal to the ocean, all sorts of creatures have been created in that waters, seems like He couldn't decide when to stop." she said deciding to stay on the edge of the water letting it only lick at her toes.

"I'll give you some fighting tips if you step into the water." He says to her, crossing his arms and looking at her with a grin on his face. He doesn't understand exactly what it is, but he doesn't mind being around this angel, maybe it's an urge to make it a bigger challenge to defeat her? Maybe it's something else.. These thoughts ping through his mind before mentally waves them off.

He waded deeper into the water so it is about chest level, floating with his back turned to the angel behind him, watching the horizon as if he had never really noticed it before, not that either of them really had the time for such things.

Olesya didn't answer him at first as she watched him enjoying himself and then back at her toes getting licked at by the waters. A small crab scuttled on by her, its beady eyes watching her as he passed by and into the waters. She sighed and took her hat off, throwing it behind her, it landed on the hammock lightly.

"Only because you tempted me with learning something new." she said, more to herself as she walked into the water, it reached mid thigh before she stopped, "There." she told him with her hands on her hips.

He turns and looks at her, nodding. "I noticed during our fight that you tried using your daggers to block out my swords, which have a much stronger guard than your daggers, if you're going to block one of my swords, either expect the other to come, or use your free dagger to strike me, and go for somewhere that could stagger me, stabbing me in my side pissed me off more than anything." He admits to her. "You also need to work on your footwork, I could've tripped you and impaled you at any point during that fight, if you can't get your feet set, then use your wings." He explains to her. "That's all I'm gonna say." He says before raising his eyebrows at her.

"Anything you'd like to share? I've been answering an awful lot of questions, it's only fair I get in on the fun, yeah? Miss guardian angel." He says with a laugh, reminding her of her purpose of being here, as she had explained it to him before.

"Its very hard when your opponent isn't effected by holy flames. Relying on that so much has dulled my..." she trailed off and let her fingertips skim over the waters below her, gently moving in waves, it was a calm day out. "I'm glad I managed to 'piss you off' though." she said it with an honest appreciation for her accomplishment.

"You know I am not a guardian angel, guardian angels get to be the nice ones and praise for being so damn kind, or have you just forgotten everything that you learned up there?" she asked crossing her arms over her chest, "I am a powers angel... Simply on watchdog duty because some blasted fallen happened to be strong enough to defeat me!" she said, her cheeks flushing slightly with a hint of anger as she stepped further in to the water and with a wide swing of her arm, and a slight use of power, a wave of water enough to splash him with headed in his direction.

He laughs and coughs when she hits him with the salty water. "You were trying to kill me, I'm sorry that I had to best you in order to prove my point." He says with a laugh, splashing water at her in retaliation. "And you were immune to the touch of my darkness, so it's only fair!" He says while laughing, continuing to splash water at her.

"And my memory was taken from me when I was sent to Hell, I could only remember the fact that I was an angel, everything else escaped me." He admits to her, his voice going from excited to dim and sortve depressed, as if he didn't enjoy being reminded that he was cast out from the heavens. "Sometimes I miss it." He admits.

Her laugh was like a chime as water hit her chest and face, her arms coming up to defend herself but she did nothing to stop his retaliation. The laugh as real, for once, and she was just about to splash him back when the small light that was in his dark eyes dimmed with what she could only assume was a memory... Her laugh tapered off and she moved her damp hair from her splashed cheeks as she felt a twindge of quilt come from bringing the subject.

"How.." she took a step forward, "Jay, how can you miss something you don't remember?" she asked, a sad smile upon her lips. She wondered for a moment if he did remember something, a feeling of what it was like to feel like you were loved, righteous, and divine... But then again Olesya felt like that ever day of her eternal life.

Her laugh makes him smile slightly, but the pinging stress of his lost memories zones him out for a moment. He blinks and looks up for a moment before beginning to speak."It's.. Hard to explain, it's like I remember it.. But when I reach out to grasp it, it evades me." He says to her. "I can remember simple things, like the people, who I was.. But nothing about how I lived or what exactly I did, because I know the memories are there, but they are dark." He explains.

He runs a hand through his hair, trying to reach out again. "I just feel like Heaven is a better place... But the God who rules it is cruel, misunderstanding, and misjudges often, the only thing I can remember about the day I was sent to Hell was just.. Falling, I remember being scared, terrified infact, because they probably tell you horrible things about Hell, terrible stories to scare you into obeying, and I can imagine fear of the darkness, it's all very real." He admits. "But then, it corrodes you, makes you a different being."

Olesya listened closely, a furrow upon her brow as will as her lips turned down at the corners. Although she did try to relate to his words she simply had no ground for them to start upon, she never thought of God as cruel or being terrified even at the hand of death itself she was never to be scared of it. But then again was all that trained from her? Trained to ignore that there is something over than right and wrong? Like that imp she had killed, he had done nothing wrong, only withheld information that she had required... But a righteousness had taken over her thoughts and she saw him only as a blemish upon the earth that He had created.

"You must have been quite an angel, Jay, we might have fought battle together... Well unless you were a high angel like a seraphim..." she said her eyes widened slightly thinking that he could have actually been that high up, "Not everything is so... Negative as you remember though." she said allowing herself to drift further into the water, the soft crystal clear waves pulling her into the deeper waters so she walked further in, past Jay so that water was up to her chest.

"But you were stripped of your divinity, turned into something dark, something... Evil. That is what they tell us.

He nods. "Hell has that effect on everyone, and I was not turned into something dark and evil, it was forced upon me, like someone reached into my head, plucked out my memories and personalities and created new ones, I just feel like I'm completely different, I doubt if anyone as an angel knew me, they wouldn't recognize me." He admits. "But I was banished to Hell by Him, which is why I continue to fight Him, otherwise I would've settled down, probably drop into a depression and die like most other Fallen's."

He allows the water to keep him upright, taking his feet off of the ocean floor, and looking as his tattooed arms, as if looking for the marks of divinity she had been talking about. "I assume that my marks were probably these tattoos, when you are Fallen, your marks don't disappear, they just.. Corrode I guess, turn into a different color and shape that marks you as a property of Hell." He explains to her.

"But enough talk of the past, the future always provides new challenges, the past challenges have already been faced, so we must look to the future in order to live in the moment." He says, looking around for something to do. "What else do humans do on the beach? The water is nice but it is.. Boring, I suppose, there must be something on these beaches that are more attractive to the human eye."

Back
Top Bottom