Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Felon and the Heiress (Ryanmo97 and Niah)

"Sounds good to me..." Ryan moved over to the left side, "Don't worry... I'm a man of my world I promise not to do anything inappropriate to you while your asleep." Ryan then laid down and rolled onto his side.

Elizabeth gave a small laugh. "Don't worry... for some strange reason, I trust you." It was weird; considering that they had met with him kidnapping her, she truly did believe that he would keep his word and not lay a finger on her. Elizabeth cleared away the pizza box and cans, turned off the light and slipped into the right side of the bed. "Goodnight Ryan." She said, before rolling over so that they were back to back. A few moments passed and the young woman just lay there silently in the dark. Something was playing on her mind and she found herself unable to sleep. Finally she couldn't help but speak up. Without rolling over to look at him, she began talking to Ryan. "I'm.... I'm sorry about your mum. I lost my mother too... cancer, I was barely nine years old." Thinking about her mother caused her to hug onto her pillow. It was a hard subject for her and normally she wouldn't talk about it. There was something about Ryan though, he was going through a lot right now. Perhaps doomed to go to jail for a crime he didn't commit, isolated, no mother. Tomorrow his entire world could come crashing down in flames and she just wanted him to know that he wasn't alone, that to a degree; she understood.

"Goodnight, Elizabeth," said Ryan, as he tried to go to sleep. He was having trouble sleeping as well. Then she told him about her mother. "I'm sorry for your lost... I lost both of my parents a few years ago in a car accident. A drunk driver hit them."

As Ryan explained that in fact both of his parents had passed, Elizabeth felt so sorry for him. She could't imagine not having her father there when losing her mother. Sure, he had been busy a lot and wasn't always the best at showing affection. Regardless, he was still her dad and life would have only been infinitely worse if he had also been taken from her. "God, that's terrible." Elizabeth slowly turned around to face Ryan. "So you're all alone? Don't you have any siblings?" She asked.

Ryan turned and looked at Elizabeth, "Nope... I'm all alone... What about you? I know your dad is alive... Do you have any brothers or sisters?" He felt sorry for her. He was sure it was hard for a young girl to lose her mother at such a young age. He was glad that he was a bit older but it still didn't hurt any less.

Elizabeth shook her head, causing her fiery red hair to fall slightly in front of her face. The female brushed the roaming strands behind her ear, before continuing to talk. "No... only child." Elizabeth looked into Ryan's sharp blue eyes. "I guess we have more in common than we thought." She added softly.

Ryan smiled as she looked into Elizabeth's eyes... "That we do... That we do... Well, I guess we better get to sleep." Ryan then rolled back on his side.

Elizabeth returned the smile, before turning back over as well. Her eyes began to get heavy and before she knew it, the young woman was fast asleep.

Soon, Ryan was asleep as well. The next morning Ryan woke up and he was facing Elizabeth's still sleeping face. He rolled back over and tried to get a little more sleep.

Unbeknownst to Elizabeth, she had turned in the middle of the night and was now facing Ryan. The female stirred a little as the bed moved, which was him rolling back over. Still asleep, she let out a small sigh as her arm wrapped around Ryan's bare torso, and she snuggled into his back, as if he was a teddy bear.

Ryan woke up again and found Elizabeth wrapped around him and she was snuggled into his back. He quietly said, "Elizabeth."

Elizabeth could hear someone saying her name, it was distant and quiet, like a lot of noises were when you were still in a state of sleep. "Mm?" She mumbled as she started to fidget, slowly her eyes began to flutter open. It took her a moment or two to register what was going on. Her vision become less blurry and her senses began to kick back in. She could feel Ryan's warm body pressed up against her and looked to see that the smooth skin of his back was right up close to her face, her arms were flung over him. Instantly she sat bolt up straight, her cheeks blushing wildly. "God, I'm sorry..." she said.

Ryan smiled as he sat up, "That's OK... So, I guess since we are both up we might as well get around... You said you wanted to go get me some new clothes before we left."

"Yes, unless you want to walk around in a bloodied, cut t-shirt?" She replied with a small laugh. "Just let me get ready..." Elizabeth added, before jumping out of bed. She headed into the bathroom and closed the door behind her. Elizabeth had a quick wash and then changed into a new set of clothes. She put on some fresh jeans, her boots and a cotton long sleeved, v-neck top. Exiting the bedroom, she gave a smile to Ryan as she tied her hair into a high ponytail. "Ok, ready" she added, before grabbing her coat.

Ryan nodded, "OK." he said when she came out of the bathroom. "I'll be here. I promise to keep out of sight. The last thing we need is both of us getting in trouble."

Elizabeth gave a nod, before grabbing his ruined shirt and looking at the size on the label. It seemed to fit him fine last night, so she'd go for sizes similar to it. "Ok, I'll be as quick as I can." She said to him and left the hotel room, heading back to the store that she had bought her own clothes from yesterday. Elizabeth picked up a few t-shirts, a couple of shirts, a few jumpers and a warm coat for him. Then when she reached the jeans section, she realized that she had forgotten to ask for his trouser size. Elizabeth ended up having to ask for help. Using the size of the t-shirts and a description from Elizabeth, as she compared Ryan's height to her own. The shop assistant managed to find the size that she thought would fit him just fine. So Elizabeth picked a few of those, along with some boxers and headed to pay for the entire wardrobe. Whilst she waited in line, she noticed some caps. Well if they were going to make it to Mexico without Ryan being seen, he'd need one of those to hide his face and so she added it to her pile. By the time that Elizabeth was done, she was heading back to the hotel with several bags in hand. The hotel staff offered to help her carry them to her room, Elizabeth politely declined and continued on her way. Slipping back into the room, she gave a smile to Ryan. All together the redhead had been gone about just over half an hour. "Here you go" she said, placing the bags onto the bed.

Ryan smiled, "Thanks..." He grabbed a blue t-shirt, a pair of jeans, boxers. He went into the bathroom and changed. Then he came back out and grabbed the jacket, "I'm ready if you are."

Whilst Ryan was getting dressed, Elizabeth had tightly folded all of his clothes and attempted to fit them into as few bags as possible. By the time she was done, they only had three bags to carry between them, which she thought wasn't so bad. When he returned, she gave him a hearty nod, before passing him two of the bags to carry. Elizabeth headed downstairs, "you go out back, I'll meet you there." She told Ryan, before splitting from him and venturing towards the front desk. Elizabeth checked out and then went around back to meet up with Ryan. "Alright, well I think we should avoid stealing anymore cars and keep a low profile. So let's see if this town has a car hire service."

Ryan nodded, "Let's go." They went looking and they couldn't find a car rental place. The only way out of town was by bus. They couldn't get to Mexico by bus but they could get to Arizona. "Look, You don't really have to do this," said Ryan, "You've done more than enough."

No car rental service in town, but there was a bus company. No Mexico coaches, but there was one heading out to Arizona in about an hour. Everything was a compromise for them today! Regardless, Elizabeth had been prepared to purchase two tickets on the next bus to Arizona, when Ryan spoke up. She looked at the male, her expression concerned and maybe even a little saddened. "I'm not leaving you..." Was she becoming attached to him? Elizabeth could tell herself that she was only doing this to repay him for saving her life. However the truth was that he was entirely correct. She had already done enough for him and really didn't need to go any further. However... she wanted to. Elizabeth wanted to make sure that he got to Mexico safe, she wasn't exactly sure why. "You saved my life and now I'm going to save yours. Don't argue with me, I'm pretty stubborn." Sure his life wouldn't exactly 'end' if he was arrested, but it would be severely ruined beyond repair. Elizabeth gave Ryan an adamant look, before turning back to the desk clerk at the coach company. "Two tickets to Arizona please." Once the tickets were passed over, Elizabeth checked the time. "We still have about an hour, want to grab something to eat?" She asked Ryan.

Ryan knew it was pointless to argue with Elizabeth. He was starting to learn that. When she suggested they get something to eat he nodded. Ryan did his best to keep his head down and to avoid people from seeing his face. They got some food and headed to a nearby park, "What are you going to tell your father about what you are doing? I'm sure he's expecting you at home..."

Elizabeth sat down on the park bench and dug into her breakfast sandwich. Once her mouth was empty, she responded to Ryan's question. "I'll ring him before we go to Arizona and tell him I'm going to my favorite spa for a few days. I go there whenever I'm feeling stressed, so he'll believe that just fine. As long as he knows I'm safe, he'll be alright." She took another bite of her food and looked around, the park was actually quite relaxing. "What about you? I know you don't have any family, but I can't believe that no one is concerned about your safety? What about friends, co-workers? You said you were at a party in that clown costume. Isn't there anyone who was there that might be worried about you and believes you're innocent?"

Ryan shook his head, "My parents are dead. None of my friends or the family I have left believe me... The only person who believes me is my lawyer... Sometimes I don't think she believes me." Ryan took a bite of his sandwich.

Elizabeth felt terrible, she couldn't imagine all of her friends and family turning against her like that. She placed a hand on Ryan's arm and rubbed it affectionately. "I believe you" Elizabeth told him. Her face held a supportive expression upon it and she mustered up a meek smile as well.

Ryan looked at Elizabeth's face and smiled. He could tell that she was sincere. "Thank you." They finshed there sandwiches and headed back to the bus station. It was a long quiet trip to Arizona. When they reached their destination, it was getting dark so they got a room for the night.

Back
Top Bottom