Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Felon and the Heiress (Ryanmo97 and Niah)

Ryanmo97

Pulsar
Ryan Morris
Height: 5' 11"
Weight: 195 lbs.
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Hazel
Body Type: Athletic

Ryan walked into the convenience store and looked around. He saw a woman in her 20's at the magazine rack. She was wearing a pink blouse, a black pencil skirt that went to just below her knees, and Mary Jane flats. She had her long red hair in a braid. She had nice sized breasts, not to big but not to small. She looked to be about 5'5".

The only other person in the store was the clerk. He was glad there wasn't many people in the store that afternoon. You see, Ryan was a convicted felon. He was accused of robbing a bank and shooting one of the guards. The only problem was he didn't do it. But due to some poorly collected DNA evidence he was convicted. His lawyer said that he was going to work on his appeal but Ryan didn't want to wait.

Now, he was in a convenience store outside of LA. He lucked out and found a car that had keys left in the ignition and started heading south. He was hoping to reach Mexico. He was positive the cops would never look for him there. He got some gas and grabbed a Butterfinger for the road.

He paid for his items and waited for his change when two cops walked in. Ryan tried to stay calm. Then the woman brought a couple of Magazines over and dropped them on the counter. Unfortunately, the clerk had run out of nickles and had to open a new roll, just then the cops got a APB on their radios for his stolen car. They walked up to Ryan and to question him about the car. He didn't know what to do, so he did the first thing that came to his mine. He grabbed the woman, shoved the candy bar in her back like a gun and said, "NOBODY MOVE! I've got a gun and it's right in this lady's back..."

Elizabeth Giles, or Lizzie as her friends referred to her, hadn't been expecting to find herself stranded at this tiny little gas station. She had been on her way to a meeting that had been set up by her father. He was the CEO of a very lucrative business and with his status and power, had been able to guarantee his daughter a job. She was a junior head hunter, using her looks, social skills and money to ensure that her clients received the perfect candidates. The affluent young woman had just turned twenty-five and today she was supposed to meeting with a very important client.

Unfortunately for her, the company car had broken down. Elizabeth's driver had called for assistance, now all they had to do was wait. After several minutes of boredom and unable to get a decent signal on any of her devices. Lizzie decided to head into the store and look for something to keep herself occupied. Finding her way towards the magazine stand, she barely looked up when a man entered the store. Elizabeth picked a couple that looked mildly interesting, before taking them to be payed for. The man who had come in after her was still standing there, waiting for his change. The employee was taking his time unrolling some nickles, which caused Lizzie to roll her eyes and sigh in an annoyed fashion. Although she wasn't exactly going anywhere, she still didn't like having to wait.

Just then some policeman ventured over and began questioning the man next to her. The last thing that she wanted was to be caught in between an altercation and so Lizzie began to turn in order to leave. However before she had the chance, the man grabbed her and shoved something hard into the small of her back. Instinctively Elizabeth let out a scream as panic began to sink in. He announced that he had a gun and the only thing that she could think about was how much she didn't want to die! She looked up at the cops, who seemed to be trying their best not to let the situation escalate. "Just calm down and let her go" one of them tried to reason with him.

There wasn't much the police could do. They couldn't take a shot at Ryan because he was using the woman as a shield. Ryan then had the clerk take the cops guns and put them in the jacket he was wearing. He then took one of the guns out of the pocket and put it near the woman's head. "All of you on the floor."

The cops and the clerk did what they were told. They didn't want the young woman to get hurt. "Now, stay on the floor until we are gone." Then, Ryan drug her outside. The car that he stole was a blue BMW. He unlock the doors and forced her into the drivers side, then had her climb over the console and sit in the passenger seat. Once he buckled up he pulled out of the parking lot... "Fuck..." was all he said.

Elizabeth stayed perfectly still as the whole debacle was going down. She watched in shock as the madman insisted that the cashier take the guns from the police and hand them over to him. More guns?! What did he need to more for?! They all lay down on the floor and then watched helplessly as Lizzie was dragged away. "What?! No! No! Stop! Help me!" She struggled as she realized that the cops weren't even going to attempt to help her. She understood why, they obviously didn't want her to get shot. However if they just let them leave, then she was pretty much screwed anyway right?!

No one moved and the gunman forced her out of the door and into the car. She stumbled over the console and into the passenger seat. Which was kind of hard to do in her tight pencil skirt. Lizzie gave a sideways glance as the guy buckled himself in. Oh yeah, sure the bastard thought of his own safety before taking off! He then cursed to himself as he screeched away from the gas station and down the road. There were several moments of silence as Elizabeth sat there breathing heavily. Her whole body was shaking and her mind was racing at a million miles per hour. What was going to happen to her? "Just... just pull over and let me out, please! My... my dad, he has a lot of money... he'll pay you anything if you just let me go!"

As Ryan continued to drive he kept looking in the rear view mirror. "Sorry sweetheart... Right now you are my insurance policy... You just have to sit tight and be a good girl. If everything works out we will be in Mexico by nightfall then once there I'll let you go..." He took a deep breath, he kept looking for the cops. They sat there in silence for a few minutes and then Ryan spoke up, "OK... we are going to be together for a little while. I'm Ryan... What's your name?"

She had been foolish to think that he would just let her go. Though she had been hoping that the promise of money may have persuaded him a little. Most people would do anything for the amount of cash that her father could provide. A look of complete contempt crossed Lizzie's face as the guy said he was taking them to Mexico. Apparently after that he would just let her go, something she didn't know whether to believe or not. Then he asked for her name and Elizabeth couldn't help but scoff. "Bite me!" She cursed back. Like hell was she going to exchange pleasantries with this guy. What were they supposed to do? Have a bit of small talk and get to know each other whilst he kidnapped her?! Yeah, no! She'd rather sit in silence.

"Fine..." said Ryan, "Have it your way... It's gong to be a long drive to Mexico and I figured we might as well get to know each other. You should know that I'm not really a bad guy... I've just been screwed over by the legal system and yes I know it doesn't help that I've kidnapped you. But, believe me... I didn't want to kidnap you... I just wanted to pay for my gas and my candy bar and go..."

Elizabeth rolled her eyes, "oh please!" The whole 'it's not my fault' speech! Really?! That's where he was going with this?! "Listen I couldn't care less what sob story you have cooked up. I don't want to get to know you and trust me, when my father finds out about this you'll be praying the police find you instead of him!" She folded her arms in a huff and began staring intensely out of the window. However as his words echoed in her mind, something about them made her look back towards him. She held a puzzled expression on her face. "What candy bar?" She hadn't seen a candy bar in his hand. In fact the only thing that appeared to be there when he had first grabbed her was the bulge in his pocket... his gun, right?

Ryan thought to himself, 'great I've got some spoiled Beverly Hills princess... this is going to be a long ride' Then, she asked about his candy bar. He reached in his pocket and took out the Butterfinger, "This is what I had jammed in your back... That's why had the clerk take the police officers gun's I need to know that I meant business. I hate guns." Ryan then opened the candy bar and took a bite. He offered it to her, "Hungry?"

Elizabeth's face froze in a look of utter disbelief. "You held up a gas station with a candy bar?!" He was a moron, a certifiable idiot! "Great, I'm being kidnapped by Forrest Gump!" When he offered her some of his candy bar, she looked upon it as if it were trash. Why on earth would she want that thing near her mouth after it had, had his saliva on it? Regardless of her disgust, she still accepted it from him and the reason why became clear instantly. Elizabeth rolled down her window and threw the thing straight out. If she didn't get to go home, then he didn't get to munch on his stupid candy bar. She simply gave a bitchy expression to Ryan and without a word then continued to look forward.

"Hey... I didn't hold up a gas station. I was paying for the gas and I bought myself a candy bar... I kidnapped you with a candy bar..." When she threw his candy bar out the window he Ryan shook his head, "You could have just said 'No...' But I guess you have to watch your girlish figure to keep your boyfriend happy in the sack." Ryan just continued to drive, "Listen it's just going to be about 3 hours and you be back home to daddy, I promise."

"Oh well thank you for making that distinction, now I feel so much better." Elizabeth replied sarcastically when Ryan corrected her. She then gave a repulsed look when he began speaking about why she probably wanted to keep slim. "Ugh, you're vulgar." Not that it was any of his business, but she was actually single. Something that she kind of regretted right now, as it would be quite satisfying to have a huge boyfriend to give this guy a good punch! After a few more moments of silence he then spoke to her again. She simply ignored him and continued to stare out of the window. At this point it was starting to slowly become clear that he wasn't going to hurt her. Sure he had a gun, but the chances of him shooting her in the back if she tried to run seemed pretty slim. Not that she was going to even try, throwing herself out of a speeding car wasn't exactly her idea of fun. The minutes ticked by and Lizzie found herself become more and more annoyed just at the sight of him. Eventually she couldn't take it anymore and felt like she deserved an explanation. "Why the hell are you even doing this?! Did you steal this car?! That's why you overacted when the police spoke to you?! I'm just trying to comprehend why anyone would do something so stupid!"

Ryan shook his head and took a deep breath, "It all started a few months ago. I was just sitting at home watching TV. I had a good job, a good home, and good friends. Meanwhile, on the other side of town a guy robbed a bank in a clown costume and shot one of the guards. Word was all over the news. Now, it just so happen that a few nights before I went to a costume party as a clown and the old bitty next door saw me, then she saw the report on the news, freaked out and called the cops. They found the clown costume in my closet. That and some poorly collected DNA evidence was enough to convict me for 25 years. And, now I'll get more for kidnapping, escaping, that's why I have to get out of town."

It had been about 10 minutes and so far so good, no cops had spotted them, "I'm guessing if we can go another 20 minutes with out being spotted by the cops we should be good and I can let you go... I didn't really want to take you to Mexico anyway... You're not really my type."

Elizabeth watched him suspiciously, unsure about whether she should believe him or not. The story sounded quite ridiculously far fetched, however maybe it was just weird enough to be true? Not that it made much of a difference to her. Even if he was innocent of that crime, he was still guilty of this one! So after he finished his story, she simply gave a sigh and began to lean back in her seat a little. This was an excruciatingly long and horrid day so far. However her heart gave a little flutter and she sat bolt up when he said that he would be willing to let her leave in less than half an hour, instead of taking her all the way to Mexico. "Really?" She asked, a slight smile pulling at the corner of her lips.

All she wanted was to go home and see her father. This had best not be a joke! If he was just toying with her so that he could crash her hopes, she would be seriously pissed... as if she wasn't enough already. However he then added the remark about her not being his type and she scowled. "As much as that devastates me... I think I'll survive." Fifteen minutes after Ryan had made his promise to let her go, they seemed to be travelling down a road in the middle of nowhere.

She hoped that he didn't plan on dropping her off here. Without a phone and the ability to actually get home, she'd be pretty screwed. As if the universe could hear her thoughts, the car started to make a terrible spluttering noise. Smoke began billowing from the hood and the vehicle slowed down to a crawl. "Oh no, no, no... what's happening?" Elizabeth asked, looking towards Ryan with worry on her face.

Ryan figured it would be best to get off the highway and it looked like he was going to make it. He figured that it would be safe to drop of the woman at the next gas station he found. But then the car started to sputter and smoke started to come from out of the hood, "I have no idea," He pulled off to the side of the road and he got out and opened the hood all he saw was smoke. He walked up to the passenger's side door, "Know anything about cars?"

Elizabeth watched from the passenger seat. Sitting up slightly as he opened up the hood and smoke came billowing out. She winced a little, that didn't look good! Within moments he was coming over to her and asking what she knew about cars. She rose an eyebrow, "seriously?" It wasn't so much that he didn't seem to know anything about cars. It was kind of sexist to assume that all men did. However it was more that he was honestly expecting some help from her. She folded her arms and contemplated telling him where to shove it. There was just one problem, she was stuck out here too. With that in mind she rolled her eyes, "fine!" She opened up the passenger door and stepped out onto the road. Lizzie walked over to the hood and began wafting the smoke out of view. She bent over slightly, her crystal blue eyes taking in the state of the engine. "I'm not sure... might be a problem with the fuel injection or a blocked manifold. One thing is for certain, it's not moving until it's fixed."

"FUCK!" said Ryan, as he kicked gravel down the road in the opposite direction. "Now what the fuck am I going to do?!" He walked down the road a few steps then turned back... "Look... I'm sorry I trapped you out here... You can call someone to come get you... We're not that far away from the highway. I'm going to just go... Maybe I can steal another car and maybe I can make it to Mexico... Sorry for all this..." Then Ryan started to walk down the road.

Elizabeth jumped slightly as Ryan began ranting and kicking at the ground. She remained silent whilst he blew off some steam. Then it appeared that he was just going to walk off and leave her. He apologized and then tried to go on his merry way. Hell no! "What?! You can't just leave me out here! Stop!" The stubborn woman ran after him and grabbed him by the arm. She then positioned herself in front of Ryan to stop him from walking any further.

"Now you listen here! I can't call for help because my phone is back in my car, at the gas station that you kidnapped me from, remember?! I have no idea where I am, no sense of direction and even if I did make it back to the highway safely, I would then have to hitchhike home. Hitchhike! I could get picked up by a murderer or a rapist or some madman that keeps me locked in his basement for the rest of my life! No, I am stuck out of here because of you!" Elizabeth poked him in the chest.

"You don't just take someone hostage and then dump them in the middle of nowhere when things don't go your way. You took me, you deal with it and you make sure I get to a town safely! Cause if you don't and I wind up dead in some ditch, that'll be your fault! You really want to live with that on your conscience?" Now she'd get to see if he was really lying about being innocent. A guilty murderer probably wouldn't give a damn about what happened to her and would most likely walk off, leaving her to fend for herself.

Ryan stopped and listened to what the woman had to say and she was right he couldn't just leave her out here, "To be honest I didn't know you didn't have your phone... Most woman have there phones surgically attached to their hands nowadays. All right, let go..." They started walking down the road, "Since we are going to be stuck out here for god know how long can I at least know your name?"

Lizzie allowed Ryan to walk again before stepping in time with him. The pair began venturing down the road together and as they slowly left the car behind, Ryan asked for her name once more. "Elizabeth" she replied, before tucking a stray hair behind her ear. A slight breeze began to pick up and for a moment all that could be heard was the soft sound of the wind. Eventually Elizabeth looked towards Ryan. "So you really didn't do what they said you did?" She asked.

"Elizabeth," said Ryan, "That's a nice name..." They walked in silence for awhile Then she asked if he really didn't do what the authorities say he did, "Nope..." said Ryan, "and unfortunately I didn't have a good alibi. I was at home that day but I was alone and nobody was with me during that time."

"Thanks" Elizabeth replied when Ryan complimented her name. He then reiterated that he was innocent, though as he continued to speak, it became clear that the odds were stacked heavily against him. "Same costume as the robber, DNA evidence and no alibi?" That seemed like an awful lot of coincidences, no wonder he was running, there was no possibility of him being found innocent with that much evidence suggesting otherwise. Elizabeth herself wouldn't have believed it, if it weren't for the fact that he was still here, walking her to the nearest town. Not exactly the behavior of cold blooded killer. "Well... that sucks."

For the next half hour, the pair continued along the road. Maybe it was because Ryan was taller and so therefore had a larger gait compared to Lizzie. Whatever the reason, it wasn't long before she was falling behind. The young woman dragged her feet solemnly and made complaining noises underneath her breath. Eventually she called out to him, "can you slow down?! My feet are tired, my hair's a mess and I'm hungry." She complained. Now she wished that they still had that candy bar. Though it probably wouldn't have filled the huge hole that was developing in Elizabeth's stomach.

Ryan rolled his eyes when she said that her hair was a mess. He slowed down and said, "Don't worry... I think there's a gas station up ahead... You can get something to eat there and you can call someone to take you home... But, I can't stay... I'm going to have to steal another car if I want to get to Mexico..."

Elizabeth listened as Ryan said he'd have to leave her at the gas station. Well she couldn't really complain about that, at least she'd be somewhere safe with the ability to phone home. She gave a nod, "ok..." She replied. It only took them another ten minutes to reach the gas station. They entered into the store and Elizabeth walked straight up to the clerk. "Hello, do you have a phone I could use please?" She asked. The guy was flicking through a magazine and didn't even bother to look up as he grunted a response. "There's a pay phone out back" he replied. Elizabeth stood back and looked over to Ryan. "I guess this is it... good luck I suppose." She gave a wave of her hand as a goodbye to Ryan before heading towards the door. Once there Elizabeth stopped for a second and turned back to look at the male. "Hey Ryan... just, be careful." She added before pushing the door open and stepping outside.

Elizabeth ventured around back and quickly found the pay phone. She picked up the receiver to place a collect call to her father's office. Lizzie pressed in the appropriate numbers and as she waited through the process, a police squad car came down the road. Her eyes glanced sideways as it began to deviate it's course and she could tell that it was going to park up at the gas station. "Hello Mr. Giles' office, how may I help?" Her father's secretary's voice came from the phone. Lizzie looked at the receiver, she was so close... just one more word and her father would send someone racing down here to pick her up. But what about Ryan? He was only a few moments from being caught and dragged away to prison for something that he didn't do! She shouldn't care, the guy had pretty much done nothing but ruin her life since they met. However she had this weird sense of justice, she just couldn't let an innocent man be arrested and say nothing. "Hello? Is anyone there?" Her father's secretary asked again. Elizabeth looked at the phone longingly and then slammed the receiver back down and ran inside. She quickly found the male and tried to quietly warn him. "Ryan, you need to get out of here" she said urgently. "The police..." she added in a whisper.

They walked in the gas station and the clerk told Elizabeth where the phone was and they parted company. But, Ryan deiced that he was going to stay until he was sure she was going to get a ride home. He looked around while she made her call. A few moments later she came running in and went up to him, "Ryan, you need to get out of here" she said urgently. "The police..." she added in a whisper.

Ryan looked out the window and saw the police car, "Crap!" he said in a whisper. He started to look around, the only car in the lot was the police car, "How am I going to get out of here?!" he said in a whisper...

Back
Top Bottom