Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Yearning Steer (Penner and AR)

Eric took the reins and pulled himself up behind her. It shouldn't have been awkward, they'd just spent the night cuddling, but dang if he didn't feel uncomfortable. He slid his arms around her and rested his hands on the saddle horn before nudging the mare into a light trot. Her hair swayed as they moved, brushing against his nose when he leaned too close into her back. Shouldn't she be wearing a bun? Wasn't that what uptight schoolteachers wore?

"It's been a long road," he said softly in reply to her soft murmuring.

He wanted to urge his mare into a full out gallop but with two people the poor thing was already strained. This would have to do and he'd just have to hope they weren't too late to talk some sense into Ben before his little marriage plans went any further.

It felt surreal, this moment. Knowing that soon she would be his. Jesse wasn't sure, really, if he was happy or not. He'd wanted this, for a very long time. Or maybe he'd just wanted her? No, he'd wanted this, her as his bride. But it had seemed such a far off chance, such an impossibility. Such a short time ago she'd been madly in love with Noah and maybe she still was. In the end Jesse was just a replacement, just a protector. He knew she wouldn't really love him the way she'd loved Noah and a small part of him hurt because of that, but it was better to have some part of her, than none of her at all... wasn't it?

He didn't know what the future would bring, but he would do everything he could to make her love him. That's all he wanted. A loving, happy family. A family like the one he'd been given twice... his real family and the Wilson's.

Luke stood back, but he raised a hand in greeting. He didn't know how he felt about this whole thing but confused was top of the list of possible emotions. One minute his family was doing just fine, then this teacher fell out of the sky, and now Noah was dead and Jesse was marrying Susan and Ben was marrying Kate and it was just a lot to take in. He couldn't believe they were doing all this when Noah had just died days before, but he'd already voiced his concerns and his displeasure and there wasn't much more he could do at this point except sit back and watch it all unfold.

Ben removed his hat, "Kate... I... well, I spoke to the preacher, and he's going to marry us today too."

He knew it was going to be a shock, so he spoke quickly, then waited for her response with baited breath and wide eyes.

She'd agreed to marry him, but would she agree to this? He hadn't meant to do it all behind her back but things had just been so whirlwind fast. There hadn't been time to properly plan or discuss it all with her.

Catherine certainly had to agree since it had taken her months to come out her from her home and family in the East. Yet, there was certainly nothing left for her there. Most of the men were going out west and starting their new lives and she had decided to do the same. After all, she was a woman who wanted an adventure and she had certainly had one coming all the way out here. She had lived with Indians, been robbed, traveled over the Mississippi. And now, she had gotten trapped in a storm with a handsome stranger.

Although, he was a brute of a man. She would be lying if she said that he was not handsome. Of course, she would never say such a thing. She was a homely school teacher who had traveled all this way to teach. Not get wrapped up with a fool of a man.

---

Susan was going to try to love Jesse. Honestly, she was going to put her heart towards this family that was about to start. Yes, her heart would always think of Noah but he was dead now. And although it was rude to speak ill of the dead. He did run away because he did not want to marry her. And yet, she was in love with that fool.

It was Jesse who had stepped up and had wanted to take her as a wife. There was a fondness for him since he had said that he had always loved her from afar... Strange, she supposed but he was a good man.

---

Kate looked up at Ben with a strange look as she said, "Whaa.." She didn't know what to say about that. He hadn't given her any damn warning and he expected her to marry him that day. "Ben? What the hell?" She looked over his shoulder and ushered him in so they could talk alone. "One second, Luke." She mentioned as she closed the door and said to Ben. "Why didn't you tell me after you talked to the preacher? Did you think that if you sprung this on me then I was going to go and marry you."

She sighed a little and then looked up at him. "I want to marry you but there should be some warning, Ben."

"So, Miss Matthews, what's the first thing you want to do when you're back in civilized company?" Eric asked, anything to keep the conversation going. He hated silence, especially in moments like this when anxiety was running high.

They had a long ride ahead of them, they may as well fill it with some kind of conversation.

They were outside the town limits sooner than he'd expected, Jesse pulled on the reins, slowing their mare to a more subdued pace. "You ready?" He asked her softly.

He would give her every opportunity to run. Right up until the end, and if she did, well... he'd just deal with the pain that would bring if and when it happened. He couldn't put his own feelings ahead of hers, not in this situation. She was pregnant and had just lost the man she loved... the last thing she needed was his selfishness confusing things even further.

But what he wouldn't do to rush her to the preacher and push her into vows before she could change her mind.

Luke cast them a curious glance as Kate pulled Ben inside and closed the door. Ben just caught a glimpse of his brother's face before he was alone with his fiance.

"It wasn't that," he said quickly, "things have been real confusing, real quick lately and I just didn't think to tell you. You did agree to marry me, Kate. And I don't know how you do things in the city but out here courtships don't generally last all that long. Fall is coming, and with it winter and quite frankly I just don't want to be apart from you. I want you with me. Because we don't know what life is going to bring, or when it's going to take you away and I want every moment that I can have before then."

It was probably the most he'd said to her since they'd met, but he spoke in a rush because he needed her to say yes. Desperately needed her acceptance.

He wasn't sure when he'd become this entangled, and he suspected a large part of how he was feeling was tied in with Noah's death... but he didn't know how to stop what he was feeling, and really even if he did know how to stop it he wasn't sure he would want to.

/Noah/. The name was on the tip of his tongue as he woke. It was his name, his real name. He remembered other things too, like the fact that he had brothers, though he couldn't remember their names. And he knew that he lived on a ranch, bigger than this one. A lot bigger.

While he slept he remembered a lot of things.

He woke with an excited gasp, eyes scanning the room before he let out a yelp! Even if it wasn't enough to take him home, he was remembering! And that was exciting!

She had to think for a moment as Catherine sat a little straighter. "Well, the Indians that I was with were quite civilized." She was plain in her speech. "However, I think I would like to rest and have a proper bath." She said with a slight shrug of her shoulders wondering what was going to happen. How long would she be playing the role of this man's cousin?

It would be at least until he could tell his friend to not marry this impostor who was pretending to be her.

---

Susan had done a lot of thinking as she was riding towards town with Jesse. This was a good thing for what was happening... her baby was going to have a good man as a father. Her heart would come to terms with this and so, she had made the wise decision for what was best for her and this new family. "Yes." Her voice confident as she looked at Jesse. "I am ready, Jesse."

They were close to town and soon, she would be a married woman. It was not to the man that she wanted and it certainly wasn't perfect but... she would be positive about this. She was apart of a family again and that was really all she had even wanted.

---

She stared at him as he was talked to her and trying to explain why they should get married. He barely spoke a word and it was like pulling teeth sometimes to get him to say more than a few words. It was as if it was switched around because she didn't know what to say to that. Being from the modern world, she was screaming inside that it was way too soon and what if he was a murderer... expect that, she knew that he wasn't.

She sighed and then nodded. "Yes, I did... and I will marry you." She smiled a little. "Today." She added before going on a little. "But, I need a bit of time to put on something nice and get done up a little."

Kate huffed a little. "You should have given me a little notice. I didn't know this would be my wedding day and I have dirt on me from my morning ride." She moved closer to him and put her arms around his neck. "I look forward to being married to you."

She didn't care if the modern part was telling her to be sensible... this was a different time... right?

Then, another thought came to her mind... what would he say if he knew that she was a time traveler?

---

There was a reason that she was not going out to the field and that was because she wanted to check on him... Rose was listening to her mother and doing the boring job of putting away the laundry as she heard a gasp... and the yelp from where Sam was sleeping... or Noah? She didn't know really as she went to go check on him.

"Sam?" She said as she turned to go into his room, knocking on the door. "Noah?" Rose said with a bit of hesitation. There was a part of her that did not want him to remember because... Sam was the one who she liked... loved? However, who was Noah?

"There's nothing quite as wonderful as a nice warm bath," Eric agreed, "I could use one myself. I'll see what I can do to make sure you can have one."

Baths were a bit of a luxury in this drought... mind you, he didn't necessarily think they were in a drought anymore after all these storms. He was quite sure he could convince one of the town lady's to provide his 'cousin' with a bath.

Jesse wanted to reach for her hand, to comfort her but he didn't really know how. Maybe, with time, he'd learn how to be with her and she would learn how to be with him but right now they were almost strangers. They'd spent so much time passing each other, like sticks tossed about in a river, unable to get close because the currents pulled them away. Now that she was here, he didn't know what to do. Not really.

"I'm a little nervous," he admitted with a small laugh, "I've never been married before."

Ben let out a sigh of relief when she agreed. "The preacher's wife has a dress for you. She said she would find one, anyway. Jesse and Susan, they're getting married too. They'll be arriving soon... but we'll wait for you. Take all the time you need."

She would do it. This would be done and he could take her home and protect her from the world.

He couldn't stop the grin that tilted his lips.

"My name," Noah said with a grin as he hurried to open the door, "My name is Noah. I'm Noah... Hi! Nice to meet you!" He grabbed her hand, shaking it enthusiastically.

Catherine smirked to herself as she glanced over her shoulder and said, "Yes... you could use one." She could be a bit of a smart ass at times as she looked ahead as if she was being completely an utterly innocent. Although, she did not think that she smelled like a rose either. "Thank you, Sheriff." She mentioned to him with a smile. "Now, you should tell me a story of the town. About the people or something interesting that happened in your line of work?"

---

"Do you think that I have been married before? I do not know what it is going to be like..." Susan said to Jesse. "I haven't had a real family since Pa died about two years ago before I came around and was helping with the cooking and cleaning." She supposed that they would be hiring another girl unless Ben was going to marry Ms. Williams. "I think that it will be nice knowing that this little one is going to be going into a family with Uncles and an Aunt... and he's going to also have a Ma and Pa." She mentioned to Jesse. "I think that is what I'm not nervous because it's going to be alright."

---

"I got a dress already... I'm going to wear the pink dress that you got me as a present." She said softly. "I haven't had a chance to wear it and I think this is the best time as any with it being my wedding dress." She said softly as she looked to Ben and moved a little closer. "I will go get dressed up and ready... but I also need to pack some of my things too. I think that I will need to come back perhaps later in a day or two to finish all that?" There was a lot that she had to do.

She leaned up and kissed him. "I will be back." She mentioned as she turned so that she could go to her room and put on her pink dress that was going to be her wedding dress. It was not white... but it was her best dress and that is what you did in the country. You put on your best dress to get married in.

---

Rose was taken aback when Sam... no, Noah came out with that big grin and grabbed her hand to shake it. "Sam? I mean... Noah... what are you doing?" She could not help herself but laugh at the silly look on his face as he was shaking her hand.

"Oh? So now I'm to entertain you is it?" Eric grinned, "All right... let's see... well, the town is just like any other. The people all know each other, and half hate the other half. We have a nosy, busy body but in truth she's a good woman if she doesn't think you're sinning. And we've got a Saloon that is known for... trouble. Best to stay away from that. Right now we have someone stealing things he shouldn't be stealing but I haven't had the opportunity to catch him red-handed so after I get you set up I'll be back to trying to find our little thief."

At least he made her feel safe, that was a comfort. Jesse let out a soft sigh, "Here we go."

He rode them into town and straight to the school house, where he could see Ben and Luke's horses, and Luke trying to peek in a window.

Ben ran a hand through his hair as she headed for her room. He slipped out the front door, closing it softly behind him and turning to see Luke peeking in a window, and Jesse and Susan just riding up.

He waved a hand, "Take her to the preacher's house. They have a dress for her there."

Jesse nodded, "To the church after that?"

"Yea. We'll be along shortly."

"I'm remembering things!" Noah said happily, "My name today, who I am tomorrow! It's just a matter of time! Isn't that great! And Noah is a way better name than Sam!"

Listening to him as he spoke, Catherine relaxed a little on the horse as she waited for him to stop talking. "You are a horrible storyteller." She said with a small smirk. "Although, the town sounds delightful. I do look forward to being able to settle down and get back to a normal life." She whispered. A happy quiet life was all that she had ever wanted and her last few months had been a whirlwind of travelling out west and then the crossing of the Mississippi and finally, the bandits and being taken in by the Indians.

"It sounds that you have a very important job, Sheriff. The law and order of the town." She said as she watched the horizon.

---

After they had arrived in town, she went with Jesse to the preachers house and once there. The preacher's wife hurried her inside asking where Miss Williams was since she wanted to go the other woman's hair. Susan's hair was combed and braided before it was piled on top of her head. The preacher's wife also had flowers to put in her hair and for her to hold. She was given a white dress to wear but... she did not feel like she ought to be wearing white that day. She was a pregnant woman who was marrying because she simply had to... else her child would not have a father or a proper last name.

It was soon after that she was released and instructed that Jesse and her soon to be brother in laws would be in the chapel for the wedding. After all, Jesse could not see the bridal. As well as word had gotten around of the weddings and people were there to attend.

As for Kate, she finished dressing herself in the pink dress. It was not a wedding dress but it was a very pretty one. After all, in these days... ladies wore their best dress and this was her best dress. She was wearing a matching bonnet as she had finished washing up and she put a bit of the make up of the time one. Only a little to brighten her eyes and pinked her lips. Kate looked very pretty as she got all that she needed and went to the door to leave to go to her own wedding.

Jesus... she was getting married.

---

She was looking up at Noah with huge eyes for a moment before she smiled. There was a part of her that would miss Sam but it was being selfish hoping that he would never change. "Hello Noah... I'm Rose." She said to him feeling like perhaps, she should introduce herself. "It will be nice when you find out who you are and if you have a family somewhere." She said softly.

"Hey, at least I tried," Eric snorted when she berated his storytelling skills.

But he smiled, not offended, just amused by her candor and spirit.

"I wish my job wasn't necessary. Would be nice if people could just be civilized."

Ben knew he wasn't supposed to see Kate before the wedding so he called out to warn her he was heading to the chapel. "I'm heading to the chapel. Do you know the way?" He asked, hesitating near the door.

If he had to he would walk her over, but he suspected she might want to do things the 'proper way'.

Jesse and Luke walked side by side, shoulders brushing now and then.

"You okay?" Jesse asked quietly.

Luke shook his head, "No..."

"I'm sorry."

"At least we'll have the baby," Luke said with a shrug.

The baby would be the only thing left of Noah they'd have. Jesse nodded, "Do you think it will be a boy?"

"If it is, you gotta name him Noah."

"We will..." Jesse agreed. Of course that would depend on Susan too but he was pretty sure she'd agree.

Noah grinned and pulled Rose into a hug, "Come on! Introduce me to your family!"

He couldn't wait to share his name. It was the first step in the right direction.

Catherine nodded as she was sitting on the horse with him. "I feel the same way... I would not have been robbed and someone would not be pretending to be me." She mentioned to him with a little sigh to herself. "Hopefully, we get there soon." She said thinking that she could really use a bath and a decent sleep... she was happy that the adventure was soon ending.

---

She heard him and called out. "I know the way to the chapel." She said with a smile. "I will meet you there." Kate said as she was taking off her dress and trying to put on the pink one that he had bought her in a bit of a rush. Soon, she was going to be a married woman. Oh lord, that was a terrifying thought as she pulled the gorgeous dress over her head. She was wearing a hoop and a petticoat as well as a corset under. She thought about some of the things that she would need for her wedding. There was a bit of a sadness because she did not have her parents and friends who would be there.

It was terribly upsetting if she was being honest with herself but she needed to get some new, old, borrowed and blue. Well, all of her undergarments were technically borrowed. The dress was new and something old could be one of the necklaces that she had found in the luggage. As for blue... well, she had a blue hairpin that she would put in her hair...

She also needed flowers... well, there was a few wildflowers in a vase down the stairs that would do nicely. It took her a bit of time but as soon as she was ready, Kate headed to the chapel.

---

"Don't you look lovely." The preacher's wife said as she was smoothing the white dress for the young lady. Susan felt like she was the prettiest that she had ever been in her life as the preacher's wife took a few flowers and pressed them into her hand. "And to think... when your Pa passed on... you were just a little sad thing but look at you now. A pretty young woman who is going to be marrying one of the boys from the Yearning Steer." She said as Susan was feeling a bit guilty as she nodded. "Thank you..." She whispered to the other woman. "I will leave you a minute to look yourself in the mirror and collect your thoughts."

Once she was alone, Susan looked back at the mirror... as if she did not recognize herself. "I hope Ma and Pa can be proud of me..." She whispered.

---

Rose's eyes were wide as she saw the excitement on his face and then smiled. "Al-alright then..." She said as he had pulled her into a hug and she didn't know what to do at that moment. Rose then did what she thought was right... Rose kissed Noah because she was feeling giggly and excited as well for him. He was remembering and she was happy. Well, maybe kissing wasn't the best thing that she could have done in that moment.

The brothers met outside the chapel. Ben shared a small nod with Jesse before looking away. He was uncomfortable, eager but nervous. Luke watched them with narrowed eyes. He wanted to say that this was too much, too fast, but he was tired of fighting. Finally he settled for closing the space between them, and grabbing his eldest brother in a hug. Ben awkwardly patted his back, but didn't push him away.

It was unspoken, but they were all feeling Noah's absence and reacting to it in different ways. Jesse was marrying a girl he knew would never love him, for Noah's child. Ben was marrying a woman he feared losing, because of the pain of Noah's loss. In the end, they were all here because of that one fateful night.

Ben knew it, he knew he was being a fool and reckless but he couldn't bear the thought of losing anyone else. Kate may have been virtually a stranger but she'd snuck into his heart and he didn't know how to get her back out.

"Turn around, idiot!" Luke scolded when he saw Kate in the distance. He forcibly pushed Ben around until his brother couldn't see her.

Luke waved furiously at Kate, "Wait a minute!" He pushed Ben into the chapel, "Get inside you big idiot! You can't see her until she walks down the aisle."

Jesse smiled and headed down the steps to meet Kate as she approached. "I'll walk with you."

Noah was surprised by the kiss but he recovered quickly, grasping her by the hair and bending her back as he hungrily kissed her back and it all came quite naturally, easily even. As if he'd done this a thousand times before. Maybe not with her, well, obviously not with her but sometime... somewhere.

Kate looked a little embarrassed as she was walked down the road in her fine pink dress as she could see Ben, Jesse and Luke in the distant but it was Luke who was waving his arm as if to tell her to stop before he pushed Ben into the chapel so that her future husband would not see her before they got married. Her heart was hurting because she knew that she should be happy but she also wanted to run away from this… not because she didn’t like Ben but because… well, she had not really been honest with him.

Perhaps, she needed to tell him before the wedding that she was not Catherine Matthews… She was Kate Williams. She had always given her real name but not her true story because he could think that she was insane. She was sure of it. “Thank you, Jesse.” She said to him as she walked along with him. “You must be feeling as nervous as I am.” She said to him quietly as if to confess the feeling to someone. Once it was out in the open, she felt perhaps a little better about the situation.

Was this really the right thing to do? He was only marrying her because he was grieving his younger brother. Well, that was part of it… and she truly did not blame him but was this really the best thing to do? Could she ever get back to her old life?

Her old life was fulfilling but also hard… would she be fulfilled as a wife and mother? What if she wasn’t happy? “It’s not that I don’t want to marry Ben, I am just a little worried that it’s a bit too fast.” She shook her head, “Although, I think that it will be alright.” She said more to herself before looking over to Jesse. “Sorry, I seemed to needed to talk myself into this.” She mentioned as they were arriving at the chapel. “You should go in… Susan will be coming any minute now.” She said with a smile knowing that it was going to be fine. Kate was going to happy in this era… she was sure of it.

---

When he kissed her back, it was like fire… like a flash of lightening. A shock to her system as she pushed herself a little closer to Noah in that kiss because she felt like she needed it. Wanted this from him at that moment. He was remembering but she also did not want him to forget about her… perhaps, it was selfish but she had never felt like this for a boy before. Not like this. His hands were tangled in her red hair as she wrapped her arms around his neck. It was warm and sweet… she never wanted this kiss to end.

Jesse awkwardly touched her elbow as they stopped in front of the chapel. She seemed frightened, or worried? He wasn't the best judge of emotion when it came to women like this one. He looked down at her and nodded as she urged him to go inside.

"It's never too late," he found himself saying, even if it wasn't exactly what he wanted to say. "Ben... he would understand if you said no but... I have to be honest, Miss. Williams... you're the first woman he's ever been interested in and I think his feelings are genuine. He's rushing, yes, but that's what our family does. We fall in love with all our heart and we do it fast. I know you don't him all that well, but I promise you... he wouldn't ever hurt you, he won't ever leave you, he'll take care of you now until you die. That's who he is."

He tipped his hat before turning and hurrying inside... he didn't want to say anything stupid. Besides, Susan was coming.

He joined Ben in the front of the chapel, the brothers shared a quick nod. Soon they would both begin new lives with the women they loved at their sides but for Jesse it was bittersweet.

Luke took his seat in the front pew. His expression showed well enough that he wasn't as enthused as he might have been in other circumstances, but he wouldn't try to stop the weddings from happening. Noah's child needed a father and he knew Jesse would be a good one. And Ben was bound and determined, there was no convincing him otherwise. The only thing to do was to wait and see what happened.

Noah reached around her to push the door closed and then push her into it. If anyone came, they wouldn't easily intrude with both Noah and Rose pushed into it as they were. He had no desire to stop kissing her. Not now. Not ever.

She wanted to say something more as she was standing outside the door of the chapel thinking about what she had to do. She would need to tell Ben about her past... but she felt like perhaps, she should have told him before they were suppose to get married. Would it be wrong for her to tell him tonight? Perhaps, she could offer him the option of an annulment if he did not want to be married to an insane woman. She glanced over to see Susan approaching in a pretty white gown as she smiled. "Are you ready to get married?" Susan asked as Kate nodded. "Yes, I think I am."

It seemed that she had made the decision at a moments notice. She would marry him and then tell him the truth about who she was... Unless, she could talk to him during the wedding ceremony? It was silly that she could not see him before the ceremony. Never the less, she opened the chapel day and Susan was behind her as she looked to the front to see that Ben and Jesse were waiting for the two of them. There were a few others who had come to the ceremony in town when they had heard about the last minute wedding and wanted to bare witness to the joyous event. Some of the shops had closed. The Mayor and his wife were there as well as the owner of the general store. Others had she had met in passing since she had come to live here.

Swallowing, she allowed Susan to be the first to walk down the aisle as one of the Preacher's wife was at the piano playing the wedding march for the two brides to be.

This was not what she had thought her wedding would be like... she had been planning a wedding before her fiance and her had broken up. And a church in the 1860's was not what she had thought of... it was rustic. However, it seemed almost perfect to her as she was holding her wild flowers in her hands and went down the aisle towards the preacher and Ben.

---

She was clinging to him, not getting enough of him as she angled herself a little more to kiss him deeper. However, all things had to come to an end... and she knew that she had to stop kissing Noah right now. Well, perhaps... she would kiss him for a little longer until she knew her Ma coming up the stairs or something like that. She moaned a little into his mouth.

Jesse had always thought Susan was beautiful. It was, really, her beauty that had first caught his eye. Later, watching the way she was, the way she interacted with Noah, he'd fallen for her spirit too. He let out his breath in a nervous sigh as she approached. Was this real? Was she coming to his side? Would she really be his wife?

"Easy," he heard Ben murmur, but it felt like a voice very far from where he was.

He could see nothing but her.

In this moment she had become his world.

When she was finally at his side he held out his hand.

Maybe it was the dress, maybe it was the moment, but as Kate appeared in the church doorway, Ben felt she glowed. Was it a trick of light? How could she look so stunning?

"Easy," he was dimly aware of his brother, trembling, paling as Susan approached. The words were meant for Jesse but he meant them for himself too.

He never thought he'd feel this way but now he did.

He loved her. Inexplicably, he did. Like his brother, almost in tandem, he held his hand out to her as she drew near.

"Kate," he said softly, "ready?"

Ultimately he knew he was playing with fire. He knew he had to stop. Noah pulled back, sighing softly as he did. He grinned at the lovely girl before him. "I need to remember more, if this is how you reward me," he said softly, reaching up to brush her hair behind her ear as he spoke.

If someone had told her that she was going to be at a double shotgun wedding in a sense... well, she would not have believed it and yet, Kate was at her own wedding and going down the aisle towards a man that she did love but her 21st century ideals were telling her that this was insane. Well, she was living in the 1860s now... so there was not much she could do. And she was half way down the aisle. Her heart beating rapidly as she felt the nerves.

She walked to the wedding march as she was barely aware of what was happening... everything was so fast and so slow all at once as she took Ben's hand. There was a sense of comfort as she looked up at him and nodded. "Yes." She said firmly with a small smile.

Susan could feel her own nerves as she was next to Jesse. She was getting married to a man that she did not love but she knew that she could perhaps grow to love. The truth was that Noah was gone and she had to move on and Jesse was going to help her do that. They would do this together and that was a relief... there was someone who was going to be there for her.

Once they were up at the alter, the preacher cleared his throat with the bible in hand before starting the ceremony.

Weddings are always longer than they are in the movies... at least, that was something that Kate realized after going to a few before... It came to the part in the vows and she hadn't thought of some of the outdated wording... she couldn't promise to 'obey'

A part of Kate panicked at that thought as she knew that she would say a few of her own vows on the spot.

---

Rose could feel her cheeks heating up as she said, "Perhaps..." She said shyly thinking that he must of kissed someone before, what if he had another woman back home? Oh... that would be horrible to think about. "I think we should maybe go downstairs, Noah..." Before anything else happened.

Back
Top Bottom