Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The New Age Of Avatar (Open to Avatar The Last Airbender Verse ONLY. OCs welcome!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sokka was nervous, he paced back and forth across the dirt floor of the hut, staring out at the night sky through the window. He was on his way back to the Fire Nation, he'd been gone for a few days, checking up on his Tribe. Everything was well, the Northern water tribe's hostility had dumbed down somewhat after the announcement of his rise to power. He was still met with glares and whispered death threats from those who resided in the area. He paid them no heed, he was to make a diplomatic move to the Fire Nation, he would appoint his second in command as Chief of the tribe. He had faith that the young man would do well, he had hand trained the other for the role. He gave up pacing around the hut and walked out of it all together.

He'd been in the village for days, leaving the snow covered expanse for the just as cold and barren mainlands. He had stopped by this hut to rest himself for a moment. Sokka had no intention of staying any longer than he needed, he gathered supplies to take with him on his way to leave the village. Everyone had been somber upon his arrival, Katara's death had occurred only a few months earlier. He was adjusting well enough however.

He made his way to the docks and boarded a ship bound for the Fire Nation, he'd said his goodbyes to his people and he was now headed back to where he was needed. He had no idea the looming threat that hung over the village, his tribesmen remained silent in their fear, they did not want to trouble the Chief with a problem that they had brought upon themselves in the first place. A curse had been cast over the Southern Water Tribe, but he would learn of it in due time. He'd taken time as he was still currently in the Southern Water Tribe lands, to look over his own mind, flipping things in his head and weighing the options of life itself. The opportunities that danced in his vision as he took a while to travel alone, away from the others and his people. He'd turned away from those ideals, he was fully prepared to step into the flow of destiny that the Water God laid out before him. He realized he'd have to make due sacrifice and homage to the Fire God, Agni, when he returned to the Fire Nation. For now, he pressed his forehead against the cold glass of the porthole window. Gran Gran had packed him a bundle, complete with a warm, stitched blanket he now wrapped himself in to defend from the cold of the rocking ship. He closed his eyes, letting out a sigh of relief that his usual misfortune seemed to have waned over the passing years.

RE: The New Age Of Avatar (Open to Avatar The Last Airbender rpers, OCs welcome!)

Anumati quietly wanders the halls of the ship, keeping an eye out for others who might spot her. This is her first time trespassing, she didn't want to waste this chance by getting caught before she was able to voice her proposition. She silently makes her way to Sokkas room. You see she had arrived at the southern water tribe a few hours prior to Sokkas arrival, over hearing the locals speculating about his plans, she had decided she needed to be a part of them.

She found what she presumed was Sokkas room, she silently presses her ear against the door. She hears nothing and opens the door a crack. Peeking in she spots him, before he can say anything she holds out her hands and says "Please, I just want to ask you a question." She takes one step forward and rests her hands at her side. "I know you don't know me, and might be upset that i have trespassed.. but i over heard the locals talking about your plans. If its true, that you plan to kill the Fire God Agni? If so i would like to offer my assistance.. You see i am very good at what i do."

She lifts her arms slowly, so she doesn't alarm him. Her rather large water vial at her side pops open and water begins to flow out, making circular motions in the air around her. She begins to separate the water into separate drops, freezing them and sending them across the room, stabbing into the wall behind her. As she does this a rat scurries out from behind a barrel, she stops it in its tracks; Blood bending, she lifts the rat up and gently places it back down. As she does this she turns back to Sokka, I am a very good healer as well. Im sure there will be a need for that too. What do you say, may i join you in your travels and assist you as you see fit?"

He raised an eyebrow, he'd just finished penning his letter to the Fire Nation Imperial Palace. Seeing as his father, Hakoda, had stepped down as Chief a year earlier; it was his responsibility to inform the Crown of his arrival. He sighed as he set the letter in the back of a pack he'd slung over the back on his chair. He looked at the girl as she entered, slowly standing up "I have no idea what you mean. I am planning no such thing, I just finished writing to the Palace of my arrival. I am an ally of the Fire Nation as of my recent dealings with the royal family. Fire God Agni will be paid due homage, I do not know whom you got your information from, but I am not the one being spoken of." He smiled widely, his normal goofy expression replacing the serious tone and look on his face and in his voice.

"Now, what can Chief Sokka of the Southern Water Tribe do for you....", he froze as he watched her water bend. It reminded him of Katara. And Aang, where ever he was. He and Katara had had three children before she'd died, marrying when the avatar had come of age in the teenaged sense anyhow. Her death had left the Avatar broken but not defeated, he'd probably gone back to the seclusion of the ruined air temples to raise their kids on his own. Sokka sighed as his face fell, "I am on my way to the Fire Nation to complete an agreement between myself and it's leaders. I will not be traveling elsewhere unless it's on personal business or requested of me by the palace. But hey, if you wanna hang out with me while all that happens go right ahead." He smiled briefly before he shrugged on the fire nation coat with his tribe's symbol embroidered on the back. He motioned for her to sit down as he took a seat in the chair at the table he was sitting at. He had a lot on his mind, he'd traveled with Zuko when they were still the Gaang, but things were different now. He'd never really taken the time to sit down and talk to the man while they were kids, yea sure he considered them pretty good friends, but the step he would taking when he reached the Imperial Palace...He chuckled, things would be fine.

Anumati takes the seat next to him, bowing her head she blushes. "I am sorry, the word around the village was that you were venturing to kill him. I suppose i should learn to take my information from those who have had less.. alcoholic beverages." She clears her throat and rests her hands together in her lap. "Would you mind if i joined you? Ive always wanted to travel, this seems to be a great opportunity to see a lot of new places." She giggles a little.. "I am so embarrassed that i believed this misinformation, I am glad to hear there wont be another war across the nations." She thinks back to the healer who raised her, wondering what she would advise her to do. Follow this man you just met and travel the world or stick to where you know and help those in need. She decides she has made the right decision and looks at Sokka wondering what he is thinking.. after she had just made a fool of herself.

Bei Lin was in the ships Mess stirring a pot of stew and checking on the other foods it was his job to prepare, he had been informed that the Southern Water tribes chief was among the passengers. The young Earth Bender had heard plenty of stories of the Chief and his travels with the Avatar it had been the one bright thought in his mind to think that the Avatar would end the war. It had been a comfort when everyday out of Fire Nation hands was to himself a great act of defiance while it had merely been him stealing food to survive when work was scarce. Sprinkling some herbs on the goose he was preparing for the passengers he kept thinking back to those days working for a handful of coppers in the mines the Fire Nation had taken for the precious metal that was inside. Keeping his bending secret had been the real challenge every time he had seen a Fire Nation soldier whip one of the workers he had wanted to send him flying out off the side of the cliff.

By the end of it all he had joined in the celebration no tears shed for his enemies as news spread of the Fire Lords fall to Avatar Aang. Now he was going to see the the land that had birthed his many trials, at first revenge drove him north to find what had become of a General that had killed his mentor but after hear what had happened during the Invasion of the North he had turned to just mild curiosity of nation itself. Depositing the Goose in the oven he left it to cook finding his drink he took a long pull from the bottle and sighed at the relaxing burn the Liquor gave off as it traveled to his gut. Everything was in order for the meals that night so he started to walk the ship.

Sokka smiled and nodded, "Sure you can travel with me if you like, though after the ship docks at the Fire Nation I won't be leaving the palace much unless is business trips. I take a lot of business trips so nothing to worry about there. I'm nervous and excited all the same time, Zuko and I, Fire Lord Zuko, and I have a long history together. Hey, do you smell food?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom