Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mercury's Musings

pariah

This thread will contain the following:

1. Random openers to non-existent stories that I get random flares of inspiration for [aka unfinished shorts xD]
  2. Openers that I thought were really freaking awesome and then never got a response to even after days of collaborating with partners. ;_;
  3. Short stories. On a whim.
  4. Poems. Maybe. If you can call them that.

Please do not make any comments on the thread, but PM me if you have something to say. I am not looking for any criticism, even if you think it's constructive. Thank you.

Lights flooded the stage, making upfront and center about twenty degrees warmer than the middle of the room where she’d been comfortably sitting just a few moments before. Her intentions for the evening had been sweatpants, ice cream and netflix but here she was - dressed to impress in an outfit that exposed the creamy, seductive lines of her shoulders and waist - giving the barest peak at the tattoo on her ribs when she turned just right - all thanks to the table of ladies that refused to stop screaming in the center of the room as Rory McKenna was plopped in front of some monitors by a couple of her so-called friends.

RoryMcKenna.jpg

She could kill them for their antics, but secretly she loved the attention. Being center stage, all lights and eyes on her, was something Rory craved. “Stereotypical Leo” her friend Barbie would tease her if she ever admitted she loved it. Swatting at her friends as they giggled and abandoned her on the stage, Rory glared daggers after them; grabbing the mic and speaking into it so her voice was amplified as they tucked tail and ran.

”I’ll get you back!” The table in the middle of the room erupted in cheers, leaving Rory to smirk and shake her head. Dropping her eyes down to her toes, she did a mental scroll through her Rolodex of known songs and then glanced over at the DJ.

”Criminal?”

He knew immediately, nodding his head and turning through his song list before selecting the appropriate tune. Clearing her throat, she shot one last glare out into the audience; barely able to suppress the smirk that accompanied the narrowing of her eyes - amusement more than hate a clear expression over her felinesque features.

Rory sighed away from the mic and wrapped her hand around the stand, adjusting the height until the phone hovered just at the bow of her upper lip. Licking her lips and stepping back, unable to fight off that first wave of anxiousness that bubbled up from her womb, Rory shifted her eyes over to the DJ and nodded. She was ready.

A general quiet blanketed the audience, even as the white noise of orders and chatter from the bar several rows back filtered subtly through the music as it began.

Bobbing her head along with the rhythm and tapping her hands on her thighs, Rory sidled up to the microphone stand and lifted one, delicate hand up to wrap slowly around the stand; indigo orbs glinting purple in the stage lights as she poured her gaze over the audience. ”I’ve been a bad, bad girl,” she crooned as the words began scrolling over the computer screens behind her; her voice like smoke and honey as the table of women she came with screamed excitedly in support.

“I’ve been careless, with a delicate man, and it’s a sad, sad world when a woman will break a boy just because she can.”

The slow sway of her hips, the bend of her knees and the burning in her eyes all played the part as Rory filled the stage as though she was born to perform. Hands lifted up to her hair and removed the pins, loosening her silken chocolate waves to cascade over her shoulders and frame her face as she locked her eyes with one lucky audience member in the front row.

”Don’t you tell me to deny it, I’ve done wrong and I want to suffer for my sins. I’ve come to you ‘cause I need guidance to be true.”

She owned the stage for the rest of the song; her table of girlfriends screaming and cheering her on and egging the audience members around them to do the same. By the time the song was over, Rory had to catch her breath, smiling and laughing softly as she took a bow and then started to scramble off the stage as she saw her best friend Barbie running up to meet her. Before she could leave, the amazonian blonde grabbed her around the shoulders and then brought her back in front of the mic, snatching it up and squeezing Rory as she hid her face and moaned for Barbie to stop.

”Just in case you didn’t know, it’s this talented bitch’s 21st birthday tonight!”

As the bar cheered good-naturedly, Rory raised her hand in a small wave and then pushed on Barbie to get her to start getting off the stage; shaking her head as her friend kept yelling that she loved her. Finally managing to corral Barbie at the table, Rory was about to sit down when a handsome man in a suit sauntered over and caught her attention.

”I don’t mean to be forward, but, is it okay if I buy you a drink?”

Back
Top Bottom