Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Q-tips

Do you clean your ears with q-tips?

• Yes

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • I use an actual stabbing instrument on my ears. What? No, for real. I cannot hear you.

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

Rudolph Quin

Mistaken for some sort of scoundrel
Withdrawn
In recent years I've come into contact with the information that supposedly, q-tips are not for your ears. They're not supposed to be used to clean the ear canal. It's one of those bizarre things that I don't understand where it comes from.

Ever since I was a little tiny baby my mother has used q-tips to clean my inner ears and I've been doing it since I was 10-11 on my own. Never once had a problem. Never once injured myself by jamming it too aggressively and puncturing my ear drum(?????? Omfg! How intense about cleaning your goddamn ears do you have to be for this to happen? Does that person also constantly get nosebleeds from shoving their finger into their nostril every time they pick their nose??). Never once have I gone for a check up and had a doctor inform me that my years of scraping ear wax out of my ears has caused it to shove further into my ear canal and build up or block it.

They say you're supposed to wait for that shit to dry up and just shove itself out... Like fall in crusty speckles on the shoulder of your shirt or something. Um... What?? How is that better or worse than scooping at it when it's melty and wet right out of the shower? If it magically works it's way out anyway how is there a danger of causing a blockage from using a q-tip, then? Does a q-tip foil the magically moving ear wax and make it be still?

Let's see how common it is or if people really do not use q-tips to clean their ears. Feel free to comment and discuss or vote in the poll. Don't worry, it'll be anonymous so no worries of being judged if you're someone who regularly deafens yourself with a cotton stabbing instrument or if you're one of those naturale grodey peeps who let's it clump out to collect with their dandruff on their neck and clothes. ;)

Haha, I'm actually in the same boat as you. For as far as I can remember (Granted, that's only like a few minutes but hey! The saying still counts) I've been using q-tips to clean my ear. My mother used to tell me that you'd go deaf if you didn't clean your ears. Granted, now I know that might not be true, though I'm no doctor so meh!

But yeah, I use a q-tip every day or every other day right after the shower, it takes 10 seconds to roll that thing around and throw it out. I can't see why it would be a problem, really?

Also, just recently found a youtube clip of this dude who's ear wax had hardened so much, that they needed to pull that shit out with like those small thong looking bastards. It was super gross and the hardened ear wax when pulled out amounted to roughly a grape. Maybe that's what happens when the Q-tips ruin the magical dust that is inside your ear, you know, the dust that magically makes the earwax fall out once it's hardened enough? :O

I've used q-tips for my ears for as long as I can remember.I probably like the way it feels too much,because sometimes I end up poking my ear drum and pissing it off,but I ain't deaf yet,so...

This is going to be gross to share but...

I have excessive ear wax problems. I get it from my father. (Thanks dad!) And every time I have used Q-tips, I have made the problem worse. I end up pushing the ear wax further into my ear canal,making it compacted, and I cannot hear out of that ear for up to two days. Its extremely annoying to hear out of only one ear for a long period of time. @_@

So I use legit ear wax remover from the over-the-counter section to clean out my ears.

HerrFuckface said:
I've used q-tips for my ears for as long as I can remember.I probably like the way it feels too much,because sometimes I end up poking my ear drum and pissing it off,but I ain't deaf yet,so...

Omg! Right??? There is a satisfaction and slight pleasurable tickling when I do it too! I'm like the private investigator from Darker than Black in that one side plot where he goes to that lady's house and she cleans his ears and he's mewling and trembling laying across her lap as if they were doing something else. That's me. Shaking and humming in delight. :D

Oh. I gotcha shovel. Didn't think of that. But then it's one of those things that already we have 3 people and 5 votes for people who do clean their ears that way no problem. I can understand a few people having complications but that's like some people having really sensitive skin not being able to use Nair hair removal creme or something. And don't be embarrassed. Honestly it is one of those less gross body emissions and hygiene topics. I was just teasing about it being grodey in the op but only because I've never been able to wait long enough for the stuff to drop out. I can hear it click with small wet gummy sounds when I swallow or move my mouth if I don't clean them after every shower. Drives me crazy.

Rudolph Quin said:
Oh. I gotcha shovel. Didn't think of that. But then it's one of those things that already we have 3 people and 5 votes for people who do clean their ears that way no problem. I can understand a few people having complications but that's like some people having really sensitive skin not being able to use Nair hair removal creme or something. And don't be embarrassed. Honestly it is one of those less gross body emissions and hygiene topics. I was just teasing about it being grodey in the op but only because I've never been able to wait long enough for the stuff to drop out. I can hear it click with small wet gummy sounds when I swallow or move my mouth if I don't clean them after every shower. Drives me crazy.

It's funny that you mention the Nair hair removal thing. Because I just did that. And I've been irritated for days. ._. I was hoping that the Nair would help prevent the irritation I get from shaving...but nah. I love having smooth silky legs but damn these little red bumps everywhere. T_T

Shovel said:
It's funny that you mention the Nair hair removal thing. Because I just did that. And I've been irritated for days. ._. I was hoping that the Nair would help prevent the irritation I get from shaving...but nah. I love having smooth silky legs but damn these little red bumps everywhere. T_T

Sorry, dude. Wish I had some advice for that but not my area of expertise. ^^; Not really a leg person so I never show them off when I'm identifying as a woman.

Rudolph Quin said:
Shovel said:

Sorry, dude. Wish I had some advice for that but not my area of expertise. ^^; Not really a leg person so I never show them off when I'm identifying as a woman.

Lol its okay. ^.^;

On the ear wax problem, much like shovel, I find q-tips make it worse if I go "inside". So I just clean it up around the outside. If I feel I have a lot of wax in the ear (and from time to time, I do), I do the like, ear drops stuff that softens it up and then wash it out... which has worked VERY well for me.

On the subject of hair removal, I just used wax on my legs for the first time, and fortunately that ended up working pretty well, so... lucky me on that one.

Back
Top Bottom