Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Repent or Perish! Ads

Vekseid said:
Tesora said:
I know the site has no control over the ads that are shown, but this is a site with demon's raping angels and demons keeping human slaves, and all other manners of sin and depravity and we're getting ads that say repent or die in hell. The irony is strong in this one lol

I do, actually, have pretty fine-grained control over what ads to show. Feel free to let me know if one of them is particularly bad. I try to keep the raunchier stuff at bay, and have let a few more persistent advertisers know this.

This one showed up because ad rates fell to nearly 0 for about a day last week, so his penny bought him 3,000 impressions and 9 clicks. Pretty good return for his penny, I must say.

I mean, all nine of you who clicked are totally going to reject your life of sin and turn to Jesus, right?

WAITWAITWAIT
Wait a damn minute here <<

I mean I figured you had a hand in what does and does not get advertised and all seeing as you are who you are and all..
But how come I have never seen any other ad except sexual ones?

>w>
Is there any particular reason why I've never seen the ads for religion [Or anything else...]? Or is it more timing? >>;

Until this thread, I thought ALL the ads were sexually themed cause thats all I ever get! [I sound like I'm completely hung up over this but I'm not. I'm just curious and vocalizing the same thing numerous times <x<]

Though if it is completely random, maybe the worlds trying to tell me something.... =-=
I kinda want to know how many people have clicked on the sexual ads now >.>;;;;;

I'm with you Kara, I've never seen those religious ads before! I NEED to see them now. I wonder if they're all flashy. All I get are the CutePet ads!

They were the winning bidder for 28 minutes and 3 seconds before their account got exhausted. They've deleted their PW account, but I still have access to the ad images and links if people want them. It's just some nutjob's blog.

Project Wonderful defines four markets (US, Canada, Europe, everywhere else), and the winning bidder can be different in different markets.

The Cutepet lady is paying rather well >_>

I see, so it is basically timing, on my part anyways. Yeah, Cutepet is up there like 95% of the time for me <<;;

If she's paying well does that mean a lot of people from BMR are clicking the link?

I still don't get it. Being in a more business mindset, I thought all ads are for promoting a business. Why waste gold (money) on ads just to promote a religion... and using the scare tactic too!

I'm also aware of the malicious use of ads about linking you to a malware site to spread it, but I'd rather not go to that.

Vekseid said:
Tesora said:
I know the site has no control over the ads that are shown, but this is a site with demon's raping angels and demons keeping human slaves, and all other manners of sin and depravity and we're getting ads that say repent or die in hell. The irony is strong in this one lol

I mean, all nine of you who clicked are totally going to reject your life of sin and turn to Jesus, right?

I'm rejecting my life of sin when something better comes along, so far not much on offer.

Asphodel Terrarium said:
I still don't get it. Being in a more business mindset, I thought all ads are for promoting a business. Why waste gold (money) on ads just to promote a religion... and using the scare tactic too!

I'm also aware of the malicious use of ads about linking you to a malware site to spread it, but I'd rather not go to that.

Yeah have had to block some shady types.

In any case, this guy probably only put a dollar into it.

There are a few other causes that go up, a lot of webcomics, blogs, minecraft servers and other sites. I doubt many of them make money.

boyo111 said:
I'm rejecting my life of sin when something better comes along, so far not much on offer.
:p What? You'd prefer to perish in hellfire? XD

:angel: Ah well, I imagine it to be like this..
latest

Personally I'm a Buddhist.
And the great thing about Buddhism is you can always file attaining enlightenment under "do it later".

Asphodel Terrarium said:

Well, think about it like a charity. Is there a cause you believe in so much you'd be willing to donate money to raise awareness for it and support it?
That's part of where religious people are coming from.

They might also consider it money spent on personal investments... brownie points with God, bringing others to their side... so there's that too.

Whether that's a wise angle, well... probably not since the one might not be true and the other wouldn't work... but such a conclusion may be clear to you, not so much them.

And lastly, some people can make quite a profit off religion, and make enough profit to fund ads, even if the ads don't bring in as much directly (the same could be questioned of any given ad, really).

So yeah.

Asphodel Terrarium said:
WTF?! Now I'm getting "Is your girlfriend a horse" ad. Anyone who is getting this as well?

I'm also getting the "Is your girlfriend a horse" ad, and of course, decided to click the link. After answering twenty-seven, mostly silly, questions, I gave up without finding out the answer.

You know, now that I think about it, I'll wager when you eventually get to it, it will be "neigh."

Damn, now I'm going to have to find out if I'm right!

There was only forty questions in the end! As to whether my guess of the answer was correct, I wouldn't want to spoil any surprises!

I've never noticed I honestly don't pay much attention to these ads since they're (thankfully) not obtrusive and don't have vids or sound. That means I don't have to use adblock on this site when I'm trying to watch youtube or literally do anything that has sound yanno and I can let the ads show.

Back
Top Bottom