Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Do you like to do historical period rp's?

darkangel76 said:
Alatriste, I think you and I have a lot of the same views when it comes to historicals. I do tend to stay away from things (ie events, etc) that might bog down a timeline too much or just create an alternate one just for fun. As for the steampunk way of the things, I'm more a fan of the post apocalyptic re-emergence of the Victorian riddled with a dash of this tech and that. So you don't get the history so much, but more of the nuances of an era instead. : )

Yeah, I gotcha. Sometimes you just want the atmosphere and the different rules. Sometimes I just want to be a dashing rake in a Jane Austen romance where you don't do anything except hang around an English county, and to heck with the wars engulfing the world.

Yep. Pretty much. You've nailed it on the head exactly. I'm glad you put your two cents in. : ) And it isn't that I don't care about the actual events that occurred either, but sometimes it's just fun to make up your own what if scenario for a gladiatorial type RP or a Viking Age or Old West, etc. Yes, each time period had its influences whether by war, certain figures, etc. But I don't always want to think on those or how it might affect my own fictional story. I mean, I'm writing fiction, so why not take things a step further so long as it makes sense and flows well.

darkangel76 said:
Yep. Pretty much. You've nailed it on the head exactly. I'm glad you put your two cents in. : ) And it isn't that I don't care about the actual events that occurred either, but sometimes it's just fun to make up your own what if scenario for a gladiatorial type RP or a Viking Age or Old West, etc. Yes, each time period had its influences whether by war, certain figures, etc. But I don't always want to think on those or how it might affect my own fictional story. I mean, I'm writing fiction, so why not take things a step further so long as it makes sense and flows well.

Thanks. :) Yeah, I try not to let history or facts get in the way of good historical fiction. In agreement with ya.

Back
Top Bottom