Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hunted (BurningWillows & BloodMoon)

yennefer_of_vengerberg_the_witcher_3__wild_hunt-852x480.jpg

Ashlin graciously accepted the cheese, grinning seductively at him as his fingers brushed her bottom lip.

"Least liked quality?" she repeated, thinking it over, "Tardiness, I'd have to say. I just...hate, when people leave me waiting."

"I guess I'm not that patient but c'mon," she continued, batting her dark lashes at him, "Would you leave this pretty face waiting?"

B~
e2fd6184bc6c7a109903155d6ac99e72.jpg

Just like that, Braxton leaned in. He didn’t need any further hints to press his soft, and luscious lips against her tender and sweet lips. His hand flowed up to rest behind her head softly as Braxton pressed his lips against Ash’s.

E~

hottest-tattooed-male-models43-e1408993262331.jpg

Quietly sitting, Eli grabbed his drink right after the waitress poured it. She was trying to hard… Fluttering her eyes, her chest pushed out too far and her voice 3 octaves too high left him to wave her off before turning his attention to the room. As soon as Eli turned, had he seen it. Standing, it only took a couple steps for the man to be behind her.
“Are we having fun?” His voice almost growled, his darkened eye’s watching the back of Ash’s head as he caught her seemingly sucking the man’s face off.

His lips hit hers and she melted. They were soft but full, pressing gently. She pushed into him, returning his kiss with a fiery heat.

God she needed this.

And then it all came to a crashing halt.

"Fuck!" she swore loudly as Braxton pulled away abruptly and she whipped around and simultaneously stood up, her hair flying and her face in an absolute rage.

B~

Confusion hit the man, an unwelcome and seemingly annoyed voice tearing him away just as she’d returned the kiss. Standing, Braxton stepped forward. Both ghostly white eye’s watching the unwelcomed man, with both disgust and annoyance.
“Do we have a problem mate?” Braxton asked, his accent curling around his words almost heightening his annoyance.
E~

“Get a room next time.” His deepening voice almost growled. His temper was rising. Both eye’s glared down on her figure, his frame stepping straight up to her.
“Instead of being a whore in public.” He grunted, both hands curling up beside him as a darkening aura washed over the small bar room.

"We do have a problem," Ash addressed Braxton, her violet eyes slits as she stepped away from Elijah's looming figure, "Remember what I said earlier?"

She hoped Brax would get the hint and moved on to Elijah, "And of course you'd now what a whore looks like, wouldn't you?"

B~

Taking another step Braxton’s brow furrowed. Both Ghostly eye’s looking up challengingly at Eli’s form.
“Leave. You heard her.” It wasn’t a question, or a request. It was a simple demand. Ash didn’t want him there looming over her, and neither did he.

E~

Eli took another step forward. Challenging him. Their chest’s nearly touching, Eli looked down that small but joyous 2”.
“Only from looking down at the back of your head.” He growled, before looking back down at Braxton.The two well built men glared between each other, both unmoving with the building tension between the two hunters.

Heat warmed her hands and grew, and her nostrils flared. She crushed her fingers into fists, stopping the magic trying to flow from her hands. When she got emotional, things tended to go awry with her powers. It was a side effect of magic being tethered to a person's energy. Disrupt that energy with rage or sadness, and problems occurred. Ash was at the brink of losing control, her whole body starting to visibly shake as she stood her ground, the raw power inside crashing around like a tsunami.

"You should've seen the front side of my head," Ash snapped back, flashing her white teeth in a snarl, "It was enjoying someone other than you!"

B~

She was shaking. Not out of fear, but rage. Braxton’s head turned to her, their unwanted guest unconcerning as his attention shifted back to Ash.
“Are you ok Darlin’?” He asked, his body turning towards her.

E~

“Yet, you weren’t praising anyone else when my dick was waving in your face last night.” Eli grinned, a hand sliding into a pocket as his hostile body language became more cocky.
“We all know you need a good bone to drool on Ash. And you know nothing compares .” He commented slyly, his dark eye’s sneering at the young girl.

Her headache was becoming a migraine. She'd been ignoring it until now, but it was becoming to much to bear.

"I'm fine," she snapped, although her voice wavered and for a second her eyesight grew fuzzy, "Can't really compare it when I've only seen one out of two here."

B~

A coy grin pulled at Braxton’s lips as he turned to look towards the other man. His eyebrow’s raised challengingly as he looked up at Eli. Turning back around Braxton looked at Ash.
“Why don’t we change that Darlin’?” Braxton’s voice lowered and softened, winking at the girl his strong arms sweeped up the beauty before walking down the hall, dropping a small sack of gold coins before walking out. Opening the main door, Braxton carried Ash out before gently placing her down on her own feet.
“Sorry.” He commented, lowering his head to her level to make sure she was ok.

E~

Like that, he picked her up and walked away.
He wasn’t getting the last say.
Ash was a toy, she didn’t get this attention or jack fuck shit other then him. At least as far as Eli was concerned that was. The harsh sound of Eli’s boot’s against the floor stilled the room as Eli’s thoroughly annoyed figure followed.
Quickly slamming the doors open, Eli followed them out, his wrapped hand reaching out to wrench at the opposing man’s shoulder. As quick as he’d turned him, had Eli’s fist collided with Braxton’s face. Sending blood spraying, Eli’s eye’s looking darkly down at the man as his form slumped over for a fraction of a second. But as soon as he was down, Eli had felt it. Like lightening, Braxton’s knuckles collided with the side of Eli’s face, the force of his punch sending Eli back a step. Before Eli could lunge back, had a force wrapped their arm’s around his chest holding him back meekly.
“Jesus Christ. Break it up.” Cried a voice. Eli looked over slightly, spitting a blood filled loogey into the street before looking up at a man several feet away. His suit was crisp and well fitted around his short and tubby form. If the strangers appearance and body guards separating the two weren’t obvious enough, then it had to be the top hat and the cane with a golden handle.
“I’m looking for Ashlin.” He announced, his girlish voice rung out, his beady eye’s looking over the small group.

"Thank you," Ashlin whispered hoarsely before the door's behind them slammed open and Elijah attacked Braxton.

Fist's flew a few times before two burly men stopped them, and Ashlin merely watched. Her body was enough of a problem to deal with, nevermind their egos quarreling.

The sound of her name brought her attention back though and stiffly she turned to see a familiar face.

"Dr. Tash," her voice was louder but still hoarse, and she stumbled over a step, regaining her balance quickly, "I'm late aren't I? I'm sorry, I got caught up-"

"Obviously," he cut in, giving her a look that told her to save her words, "Are these the hunters you chose?"

Elijah? Hell no.

"Uh, actually you said only one, so I was going to bring a close colleague, but he's run into troubles getting here."

Dr. Tash stepped up to her, gripping her elbow to steady her, and his voice dropped an octave so no one passing by would hear, "You're looking sick. Are you okay?"

"Drained," she responded quietly, trying to keep some of her dignity, "Things didn't go as planned today. But the contract-"

"Remains with you," he nodded, "But two hunters won't do. I already sent two -don't give me that look Ashlin- I sent two last week and neither returned. My initial thoughts were obviously mistaken. You'll need to gather four, possibly five hunters including yourself."

"Can we talk about this in private?" she murmured, "People are starting to stare."

"Of course," he nodded, "We will go to my office, and I can patch you up."

He moved away, calling his body guards back. Instantly Ashlin wobbled backwards, but a large hand touched her waist suddenly supporting her.

E~

Eli stepped in a second faster then Braxton, as his hands wrapped firmly and steadily around Ash’s waist. It was funny… As much as Eli was a womanizer, Ash’s hips fit perfectly into his large hands. He pressed his body against her back to offer a more stable force to weigh against.
He didn’t even say anything, but between his attitude and overall presence seemed lighter, and smoother. As the man turned away, Eli pressed against her edging her on in a polite manner.

B~

That flat second was enough to make a difference. A soft growl left his lips, but Braxton remained cool and relaxed. Braxton paused, his eye’s looking over to examine her delicate and beautiful features. In that second, he’d regretted that shear second that Eli had beaten him. Gritting his teeth, Braxton remained polite, following at Ash’s side waiting for any moment in which she wanted him to step in.

Ashlin was surprised as she slowly looked up and saw Elijah behind her. She couldn't complain though. Her whole body ached, and without his help she wasn't able to step forward.

Slowly the made their way through the streets, following Dr. Tash and his two guards to a small medical clinic. Inside was a small waiting room with a reception desk and two doors behind it for examination rooms. Dr. Tash rushed her into the right one, getting her to sit down immediately. The guards and both male hunters were kicked out and he locked the door with a satisfying click.

"These rooms are sound proofed," he reminded her, moving back and forth around a small table as he pulled ingredients from a cabinet, "Did they hurt you?"

"No."

"Did they try?"

"No. I used my powers of my own will. I just didn't...didn't realize how much."

"Why were they fighting then?"

Sexual tension, Ashlin joked to herself, even smiling at her own wit.

"Nothing of importance. The contract-"

"Hush," he started adding ingredients into a small cup, mashing and mixing until it was complete and he handed it to her, "Drink it."

She did as told, knowing before it touched her lips that it would taste awful. He had the recipe from her, since he was the only doctor she knew with the medicinal ingredients to create the simple potion. It helped calm her nerves and quiet the headache. The downside was it dulled her magic until it wore off, so she was essentially useless, but it helped her feel better.

Draining it, she felt instantly better and smiled up at her old friend, "Thank you."

"Now, shall we take this talk of a contract out to the other two?"

Ashlin chewed on it for a second, then grudgingly agreed. Without Xael there and with his new contract of wanting more than two hunters, she was already planning on asking Braxton to join. And as she suspected, as they walked out the door, Dr. Tash immediately addressed Elijah first, telling her the asshole of a demon had won his way into the contract too.

Quietly she slipped into the chair directly between the two men, waiting for Dr. Tash to get his notes together and find a chair to face them.

B~

Braxton grunted after Ashlin had left the room. Turning around he looked at Eli.
“She’s not a bloody chew toy. She’s a living breathing Sheela.” Braxton’s voice quietly rung out, his word’s strict as he walked by Eli their shoulders colliding with force before sitting down.
“No, but she is my toy. No matter what you do, how much you treat her… That shallow part of her will come crawling back to me. You’ll learn soon enough.” Eli’s voice boldly stated, sitting a seat over from the man.
Only second’s after the opposite man had sat down, did Ash quickly come back out.
Sitting between the two; Braxton’s large arm curled up and around her shoulders. Leaning back Braxton relaxed, allowing his muscular arm to flex ever so slightly while pulling her more into him.

E~

Just like that… She slid back into the room., allowing the tension to build between the two heavily built hunters. Observing the stranger placing his arm around Ashlin’s shoulders, Eli slid his hand over onto her thigh, resting his fingertips just between her legs. Both Emerald eye’s moved back to watch the doctor before them fumble around, looking for his notes and getting comfortable before launching into their blueprints.

He was one of the very few contractors who knew her name, and didn’t speak it in disdain. Dr. Tash was a reputable doctor who she’d seen save more than one soul, and cared for his practice. He even built up a company that travelled between the towns and the city, transporting medicine and patients who needed his care. Through his patients he heard many gruesome stories of beast attacks. One patient, though, had told him about the female hunter who’d rescued him, and taken him to the doctor in the closest town for medical attention. Dr. Tash had reached out to Ashlin, and offered a working relationship where as long as she kept the roads between towns clear of any beasts, so his caravan company could travel with ease, in return he would place any contracts he had in her hands. Most, if not all, of his contracts came from his patients, to slay whatever attacked them. Her reward was always half of what the patient paid Dr. Tash, keeping Ashlin’s purse mostly full. She kept her working relationship a secret from the other hunters, knowing well that it could put a target on her head.

Xael was the only other hunter who knew, because she trusted him. Since this particular contract had needed two hunters, Ashlin had automatically wanted Xael as a partner. Now he wasn’t here and Ash desperately wished he was, so she wasn’t stuck between two cocky men.

“So I seem to have underestimated the difficulty of the task,” Dr. Tash's statement brought Ashlin out of her thoughts and back to the room.

Immediately she noticed the two men mulling over her, Braxton's arm around her, and Elijah's hand on her thigh. With a growl she threw them both off and stood up, moving to a seat two over from Braxton.

"Professional guys," she muttered, glaring at Elijah and sending a softer look at Braxton.

Dr. Tash took a seat before continuing, “As you know Ashlin, what I am looking into is a large supply run for my practice. What I haven’t been able to relay to you yet is I need you to get into a fairly large hospital, situated in the middle of an abandoned city.”

“A city?” Ash’s throat dried, “You want me to go into a city for a few drugs?”

When the outbreak hit almost three decades ago, the cities across the world had been affected the worst. Over half of the population on Earth had died, and those that did survive were split amongst the unaffected and the affected. In those early stages, many with the mutagen became creatures of unknown terror and strength. Some retained their sanity, but most didn’t. After three decades Mother Nature had taken over most of the world once again, lush forests surrounding every town. Only the Cleansed City remained as the largest town, still vastly underpopulated, but by far the biggest settlement in the area.

And now the forests were home to all those beasts and more. Animals and even the dead had been affected by the mutagen too, becoming a whole new evolution of creatures. Beast hunters were the only thing standing between humans and an evolution of monsters. And like Ashlin, most hunters weren’t human either. Mortals couldn’t be hunters; they were too slow, vulnerable, and weak. In order to fight monsters you needed to match their incredible speed, size and strength.

But even with all those qualities, no hunter willing entered an abandoned city. They were infested with all kinds of creatures, hard to navigate, and worst held little cover or escape routes. If you got trapped on a street with a horde of zombies chasing you and a werewolf coming at you in the opposite direction, the crumbling houses or buildings around you become a hindrance, not a safe haven. Hunters only ever traveled to cities if they were too stupid or brave, or travelling in large groups. Ashlin was only aware of one or two hunters that had made it out of a city alive, and most swore not to return.

And that’s what Dr. Tash wanted. He wants to send us to our deaths if he thinks we can all survive a city.

“I understand what I’m asking is no easy task Ash, and that is why I’ve raised the reward per hunter-”

“Excuse my bluntness, but two hunters would be slain in hours, and three might last a day,” Ash interrupted looking appalled, “If you want these items so badly, I’m going to need four, possibly five hunters.”

“That’s why I asked for four,” he nodded, “Doubling the efforts. And I’m offering a thousand gold a head, here.”

B~

Nodding Braxton looked over at Ash then back towards the doctor.
“I’m in” He confirmed.
E~

Looking forward, Eli’s arm’s crossed as the female moved uncomfortably.
Without a word Eli nodded in agreement.

With them on board, and Ashlin signing Xael up -although she'd kick his ass when she saw him for being so late- she had four. Dr. Tash asked to meet with her once more the next day at noon to confirm arrangements and plan a time frame her group would return to Cleansed City. Before they left, Dr. Tash handed her an old map, stating he had circled where the are, and made an x where the city is, so that she can plan their travelling. As Dr. Tash said, she was in charge of the contract, meaning she was held responsible for anything going wrong.

With that she walked out into the crisp evening air, breathing a sigh of relief that the day was almost over. Her relief was short lived though, as she opened her eyes to the sight of twinkling stars and a bright, full moon.

You got to be kidding me, she thought in exasperation, her stomach knotting.

She needed to get out of the city. Fast.

B~

Stepping outside, Braxton’s white eye’s peered around. Pulling down his sunglass’s, the man moved up behind Ash, his hand’s only softly wrapping around her waist before he pulled in beside her.
“You alright Ash?” He asked carefully as he withdrew his hands to slide them into his pant pockets. He’d only just met her, and while he was awfully attracted to her, he never rushed things.
Looking at her, his ghostly eye’s looked over her features.
“You still up for that prime rib tonight?” He grinned, trying to lighten the mood.

E~

Eli rolled his head, a hand slid up to rest on his shoulder. Grunting softly Eli began walking forward, past the couple arrogantly.
“See you in my bed tonight Ash?” He called, his head turning slightly, as his stride continued forward.

Ashlin barely heard Eli's comment, responding with a shrug and turning to Braxton. He mentioned something about dinner and her stomach dropped further.

"I-I c-can't," she stammered, flustered, "Night...ah, I just have somewhere to be."

She started walking head down, not sure how to get out of the city. Ashlin knew Braxton was following behind her, and she hated herself for ditching plans.

"Brax," she stopped and turned, looking up into his white eyes, "I have somewhere to be, and I have to go alone. I don't know when I'll b-be done..."

Shit...not here.

"I...god damn it," she bent over and puked, some of the medicine coming out. Immediately the headache returned, still dulled but annoying nevertheless, "It's the medicine. I'm sorry."

God, did she hated lying to him. Those eyes looked at her and she almost told him. Her body suddenly warmed, heating up at an alarming rate.

"I'm going to be sick," she gagged, and at once knew she needed to run.

She booked it, running headlong through the streets, oblivious to everything around her. The first inn she approached she steered into, throwing a couple coins at the bartender and only glancing that smug look she knew too well as she raced past him and up the stairs double time. She raced into the first open room and slammed the door shut, locking every lock and throwing what little magic in her body she had to keep herself barricaded in.

That spell only works to keep someone in...not anyone out, a voice in her head reminded but she didn't have the strength for another spell.

With the room secured she collapsed on the floor, spasms overtaking her thin body until she was writhing in heat, waiting for the oncoming unconsciousness.

B~

A mixture of shock, and disappointment shadowed over Braxton’s handsome features. As soon as that expression passed him had she been sick, allowing concern to press against his chest as he watched panic fill her, and soon force her to quickly dash from the scene.
Glaring at Eli’s back before he’d disappeared, Braxton followed her, easily keeping up with her, but keeping his distance as to not seem like some desperate weirdo.
Following her into the inn, he nodded at the inn keeper. Taking every second step upstairs, the man followed down the hallway to where he quickly caught glimpse of the door slamming shut.
Taking a moment he opened the door and stepped inside, his form quickly collecting the poor girl within his arms. She weighed nothing, allowing the man to pull her up within his broad arms so he could place her on the bed. Looking around, Braxton pulled a beaten metal trash bin, placing it near her on the floor.
“Shhhhhh your okay.” He softly mumbled, gently pushing hair out of her face and behind her ear as he moved to sit beside her, stroking her back comfortingly.

E~

Looking up Eli chuckled, Ash’s figure darting past him in both horror and panic.
Shaking his head, he returned his gaze towards the bartender, both emerald eye’s glimmering with lust.

Finally she awoke. Finally.

Her eyes opened, her limbs stiff. She gazed at the leg of another, and became aware he was touching her hair. With a start she jolted back, falling over the side of the bed and quickly collecting herself.

She was in a room. A room, she thought vaguely, still coming to, Not the forest.

"I'm sorry," she spoke softly, her mouth feeling like lead as she tasted the words, "You startled me."

It took her a few minutes to settle, her body still humming at its unnatural warmth, waiting on her command. The man was watching her but she ignored him, testing first the balcony and then the main door. Slowly her memory came back into place and she pressed her lips in an unsatisfied frown at the doors.

Little bitch. I'm locked in.

Her eyes turned towards the man named Braxton, and a smile replaced her frown. If she was stuck inside, so was he. Slowly, ever so slowly, she undressed until she stood naked before him, hands on her hips.

"Braxton," she tasted his name on her lips, her head cocked to one side, "It's nothing personal love, but she has to be taught a lesson. I'm going to rip you limb from limb now."

She stepped back and her body hummed louder, every atom in her expanding to gas, until she was a black shadow swirling in the air, then slamming back into a new form. A huge black bear took the place of her petite humanoid frame.

With a grunt, she lunged for his throat.

B~

Braxton stood, a deep painful groan leaving his lips as his shoulders slumped.
Naked, and now a bear? Really? Her attitude, her presence seemed to change. Reaching behind his cloak, Braxton pulled out a leather whip. The Crack of the leather unfolding stilled the air, the material quickly lashing out towards the beast as he lunged out of the way.

E~

Eli scratched at the stubble along his jaw, his eye’s looking off into the distance. Her moans filled the air, but he wasn’t fully there. While pleasing, he couldn’t really care.
Pulling out of the girl, Eli looked down at her.
“Sleep. Your boring me.” Turning around, Eli’s form left the room to wander down the halls naked.

She lunged and he ducked, a whip lashing out at her. Her bulky figure slammed into the wall and she regretted her choice of a bear. Not the it was an issue. As she turned her body burst back into shadow's and reformed into a long-legged dark wolf, white teeth bared.

Stop! a voice in her head screamed, but she ignored it, tackling Braxton to the ground with a sweep of her elegant body.

She let him get back up then struck again, trying to bite his arm, but he dodged, his whip barely missing her face. His movements were as fast as hers, and they danced around the room. She handed it to him, at least he was trying. Most of her prey curled up in the fetal position and cried for mercy.

Mercy was for cowards.

Lunging again, he dodged and caught his foot in her side, sending her sprawling. The wood under her feet made it hard to balance and frustration took over logic. She commanded her body to change form again, this time to a giant black snake. The floor held no obstacles now and she quickly slithered around one of his legs, trying to trip him.

As much as she fought him though, Braxton fought back. Soon enough she was breathing hard, backed into a corner, trying to strategize. She transformed back into her humanoid form, her chest heaving.

"I have all night lovely," she hissed.

A new thought struck her and she transformed into a raven, swooping above him and then diving, at the last minute turning into a sleek black cat, her claws sinking into his skin. His hands hit her hard, throwing her across the room and her body was forced back to its humanoid form, irritatingly.

She opened her mouth to speak but no words came out. Her eyes widened and for a second she waited for the noise, but instead of mocking him, she heard a high pitch scream emanate from her tiny frame.

"Braxton!" she breathed, her words forcing their way out against their will, "I'm sorry. You have to knock her -I mean me- unconscious. Please. Brax-"

She shut her mouth forcefully, quietening her voice. No speaking then, she growled internally.

B~

Braxton looked at her, both ghostly white eye’s examining the girl before him. Even for him, this was confusing… Much like the girl was one of two spirits locked within. Shaking his head, the man steadied his stance and tightening his grip on the whip handle. Sweeping to the side, Braxton lashed out. As quick at he’d done, he laced the leather material around her wrist, pulling her downwards in an attempt to get the girl on the ground. Leaping left Braxton pulled harder, bringing the girl down. Dashing forward, Braxton rushed up beside her, quickly binding her hand’s before picking up the struggling young girl.
Picking her up, Braxton moved her struggling form to the bed.
“Shhhhh…” He mumbled, before reaching down to her neck.
“I’m sorry for this…” He mumbled, his finger’s pressing against a pressure point along the girls neck. As soon as she’d been awake, had her figure stopped struggling and her mind dark with sleep.

203cf536-4961-429a-b795-e1985370f356_zpsevg6ived.jpg

Ash woke to dawn rays and the first thing she did is sit up. And she could. Thank god.

The headache was gone too, and her whole body felt rested. For once in the past few days she felt good. It was a relief, especially with a contract coming up today. Instinct made her look around, and her eyes landed on Brax, sleeping soundly beside her on the bed, his figure pushed against the edge to stay away from her.

He could've been a good thing, she thought sadly, watching his chest rise and fall, I could have had a great thing.

Pulling to her feet, she dragged herself to the bathroom in the corner then proceeded to get dressed. She left her cloak off; the sun was warming the room quickly and her cloak would make her sweat under her corset and leather pants. As she dressed she took inventory again of the room, noticing the claw marks on one wall. On the wall near the bed was a large crack, from her bear form hitting it. The damage would cost a pretty penny to keep fix, plus a few extra coins to keep the innkeeper quiet.

Ash needed to get this under control. Every time the full moon came, her other half grew stronger. Soon the full moon wouldn't be the only night she changed, and Ashlin worried it would only get worse from there. I hope Xael came through for me.

Thinking about Xael reminded her that her longest and closest friend was late. With her powers at full she crossed the room to the mirror, and cast a well practiced spell on the mirror over the sink, in which she could contact Xael from any reflective surface near him, wherever he may be. Xael always carried a tiny hand held round mirror for just that reason, so she could get a hold of him when needed.

After a minute or two the mirror rippled and Xael's face appeared where hers should be.

"You look like shit," his stated with a quirky grin.

"And you look far to happy for a hunter," she retorted, crossing her arms, "Where the hell are you?"

"Got held up," he looked away for a second, seeming to consider something then returned his attention to her, "I'll be there by lunch though. I'll explain when I'm there."

"Okay," she pursed her lips and continued on, "Was it there? That book?"

"Yeah," he nodded, "A lot smaller than I thought. Fit inside one of my purse bags. Who did you say needed it again?"

"A sorceress I knew when I was younger," Ashlin lied smoothly, but hated doing so to her only friend, "Doesn't want it to fall in the wrong hands. But since no magic-caster can collect it from that dungeon, you were the best man for the job."

"And this best man is getting paid handsomely," he laughed, "Did she pay you?"

Ashlin held her purse up, "I got your portion in here for you. Hurry up before I spend it."

He chuckled and reillerated that he would be there around noon. She let him go, watching her reflection ripple back, then turned towards the sleeping beauty in the bed.

Time to wake him up.

b3bc801e45fed8cc2747a58a8714f552.jpg

It was a pitiful contract, but it paid. Valeraine had found a cut and dry contract, one entailing killing the monster living nearby a close village whose farmers were too scared to go into the crops surrounding their tiny village. She slept inside the city before heading out at the first ray's of dawn, hoping to finish the contract and be back by the end of the night.

Back
Top Bottom