Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hunted (BurningWillows & BloodMoon)

yennefer_of_vengerberg_the_witcher_3__wild_hunt-852x480.jpg

Eli looked rough for wear; his movements were sluggish, and his eyes hadn't opened fully yet. Ashlin didn't want to admit she'd studied him for any fraction of a time -watching him when he wasn't looking- but the blonde wasn't easing off and it was beginning to irritate Ash.

"Let him wake up?" Ash snapped, stepping forward, "Maybe ease off and let the guy get out of bed."

Again she contemplated just storming out, leaving this mess in Eli's hands. And again her foolish heart held a fraction of sympathy for him as he struggled to wake. She wondered momentarily if his second of kindness the night before had anything to do with it. She'd never seen him heal a person...however she didn't see him all that frequently.

The woman rolled her eyes, "Just because he was great sex and you passed out beside him doesn't mean your anything to him now, little girl. You're pretty and all, but that's where it ends with him. I suggest running back along to your brothel."

Grinding her teeth, Ash's temper flared. Fucking bitch.

"This beauty doesn't come from a fucking brothel," Ashlin snapped, "And if it did, I would've gotten paid. At least. Now take a fucking step back and let him wake up, or I'll show you what this pretty little thing can do."

Well now I've stuck my foot in it, Ashlin realized, knowing she'd let her anger overcome reason.

Moving to sit beside Elijah, she checked his temperature discreetly. She'd healed plenty of adults and children with her powers, and if Elijah needed a magic boost, she'd provide it. The alcohol had worn off in her sleep, and while she had a dull ache in the back of her brain, her power was flowing smoothly through her again.

Gently she placed her hand on his shoulder, not casting any spell but simply sending pure white energy into him. Her magic. She wasn't sure if it would work, but if his exhaustion came from depletion, sparing a little to him would help Elijah get onto his feet quicker, and hopefully shut the blonde up.

"Your whipped," the woman laughed, her voice melodious and sinister, "Child, you are delusional. You understand he's half demon, half angel? You do get that he cares nothing for you? Soft hands on his skin won't help him. The guy looks drunk, probably wasted in a place like this. What Elijah needs is a kick in the ass and a cold shower."

Well this woman knew him personally. Ashlin had guessed at first that Eli had ticked her off in some way, but by how much she knew, Ash guessed they had crossed paths more than once. Briefly Ashlin wondered how many other women Elijah treated just like he treated her. The thought brought bile to her mouth.

Just make sure he's okay then get out.

But magic couldn't be sped up. It trickled through her, warming her hand as it seeped into him. Ashlin was forcing it out, something she hated doing because it left an empty pit in her stomach the rest of the day. Sure the magic would replenish eventually, but until then she'd have to stick to simpler spells.

"What he needs is me," Ashlin argued back, "I'm not some daft fool thinking we are in love. But the man is drained; he needs a boost and I'm giving it to him. And don't call me child. It's Ashlin."

The woman's mouth lifted in a half sneer, half amused grin, "Valeraine. You're gutsy amidst two demons. You like to pick the fiery ones, hmm Eli?"

b3bc801e45fed8cc2747a58a8714f552.jpg

Ash opened her mouth to retort but Valeraine continued, "Well if she wants to stick around, be my guest. I only came to warn you Elijah. I've spent enough of my time wasted on trying to make you coherent, so let your toy here relay the message. Searrinna is looking for you. Probably already here, but that's not my issue."

Vale strolled to the bedroom door, glancing back at the hopeless girl and Elijah, "Careful little girl. You're playing a mighty risky game."

With that she strolled out, leaving the door wide open. She made it halfway down the stairs when a familiar scent crossed her nose. Valeraine didn't pause; she continued walking, nodding at the silhouette of a woman standing in the shadows of the bar.

"Well played," Vale whispered, knowing she could hear.

Striding out into the morning sun, Vale found her heading and started walking towards the richer side of town. She needed a contract, one that would get her mind off of these dramatic dealings, and one that would pay handsomely too.

E~

hottest-tattooed-male-models43-e1408993262331.jpg

Elis hand raised slightly, his hand’s shaking while he held his hand flat in the air.
“Vale… Seriously… Shut the fuck up.” His voice mumbled. The word’s nipped into his energy. He needed more sleep. Undisturbed sleep that is.
“I didn’t fuck her last night. And if you want to keep your shit up, you’ll see how I ran into her.” He grunted, his eye’s still hanging heavily as his body protested his awoken state. While Eli knew Ash could stand up for herself, Vale was growing intensely irritating.
While Vale had known Eli for years, he’d never had a hangover, never once gotten stupidly drunk… Something in his blood just didn’t allow it.
Their banter seemed to dull his sense’s, a piercing ringing tone over rode both of their voice’s, squawking back and forth with useless words and stupid cattish comments; Leaving him to sink within his skin.
Suddenly, Ash’s hand burned against his skin, the pulse within his vein’s heightening with a liquid fire pounding through his shoulder. The feeling expanded through his arm and his chest, the small creature’s white magic caressing the lightened side of his being. The feeling brought him back to the surface, the ringing stopping as both Emerald eye’s slowly looked up and focused between the two.
Eli’s head shook slightly, the short blond tendril’s of his hair brushing across his skin protesting her help.
“Thank you Ash.” Eli’s hand raised, much like what he did, her abilities drained her. He wasn’t willing to leave her empty and unable to care for herself as she knew. Slowly, with almost too much effort Eli forced his joints to move, his will power pushing him up.
The tall, over looming Halfling stood for a moment, his vision blurring with the movement before the room settled with his body. He ignored her comment towards Ash before his attention went back into focus between the two females.
“Of all people to lead here and fucking bring that piece of low life trash?” Eli’s temper flared, while weak his ever shifting mood still remained strong.

S~

Searrinna_zpsxypxevso.jpg

She’d found them… But something was off. Much alike Eli was there, but his essence was drained. To the small empty creature, he was useless. How could it take this long to find the damned man, to only discover an annoying shift in his abilities.
It couldn’t be permanent… More than likely he’d found someone in desperate need of healing… Healing only his lightened side could achieve. Silently, the woman sat in a far corner of the main lobby, her frame sitting back in a wooden chair at a small beaten table. Yet while she sat quietly, sun slowly began to peak through the windows, lighting up the rustic inn. She’d have to wait… While Vale did her job, Searrinna was left to play the waiting game.
Yet, the slight curiosity settled within her mind… Eli never used that side, never claimed to even acknowledge it’s existence. Here he was, drained and sickly from it. Who had been so damned important for him to find himself tapping into a blood line that clashed with his main source of power?
A familiar figure stormed out, nodding toward’s the red headed woman as her finger’s slowly dropped in sequence against the heavy dragon scale armor along the woman’s leg.

"Are you alright now?" Ash asked after Valeraine left the room and Eli was standing before her, "Not going to faint on me?"

He muttered something in acknowledgement and she took that as he'd be fine.
Ashlin adjusted her clothes, making sure everything was nicely in place on her. She felt a dizzy from the energy transfusion, having not been aware how much he would take. Still, it was fine. Ashlin had a meeting with a contractor in the evening, so she wasn't leaving town anyways.

At least not yet, not until tonight.

"So some demon bitch has shown up for you," Ash muttered, glancing at Elijah as she finished with her last buttons, "You got all the ladies running after you, don't yeah?"

She meant it sarcastically, but as the words tumbled off her tongue she knew there was a grain of truth to it. And as much as she ignored the ripple of jealously crashing through her, she couldn't ignore Elijah's uncaring shrug. Women are just something to stick his bone in, she reminded herself, Caring isn't in his nature.

"Good chat," she muttered, picking up her purse of coins and heading for the door, "See you around."

"Or if I'm lucky, not." she continued under her breath once she was out of earshot.

She wandered downstairs, unsure of what she was going to do for an entire day. Her plan had been to meet up with Xael, one of her closest friends, but he was supposed to arrive overnight, and hadn't yet. Ash decided to wander the streets aimlessly instead, not wanting to remain cooped up in the inn.

Ashlin wandered the streets clearing her thoughts, until she found herself lost. She knew she was in the richer side of the city; there was no garbage lying on the road, and all the houses were tall and wide, able to home at least four people comfortably.

There was an inn somewhere on this side of Cleansed City, the only one on this side, since most of the others had been forced into the poorer sections. She’d heard this inn was terribly expensive, but for hunters was a great place for contracts. Rich contracts, for any reputable hunter looking for a real challenge. Ashlin had yet to be to the inn, since she’d only just started hunting a few years back and never felt prepared for the bigger contracts.

It can't hurt to look now, while I wait.

Ash traveled through the streets, combing them until she found the inn half a dozen blocks away. The smell of baked scones wafted through one of the windows and enticed her closer. A pair of wooden doors seemed to be the only entrance, and a board beside the doors held a smattering of different papers, all with different writing and signatures. On closer look she realized some of them were potential contracts, with the employer setting up a time and date to meet, while others were ads for different things: a poster for a play, and a horse that was for sale.

Looking through them, Ashlin didn’t hear the commotion until the door slammed open, slapping her in the back. As she stumbled and turned the noise got louder and a man flew out of the door, landing roughly in the streets. Someone yelled a stream of curses and the doors shut quickly.

“What the hell was that?” Ash growled, wincing at the pain lancing her back.

The man gathered himself of the road, dusting his clothing off as he turned to her, and Ash's breath left her in a rush, her cheeks flaming at the handsome creature before her.

L~

LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

Somewhere amidst the night… She’d fallen asleep with stories that had filled her wondrous moon-filled eyes. Tales that at the time had been life threatening, this man made hilarious and adventurous at the moment. Throughout the night the numbness had creeped it’s way slowly out of her system.
Waking, a stiffness lined her joints, and an odd unnatural sensation seemed to lay over her muscles. Slowly, both molten eye’s opened, slowly looking over the dust ridden, and well-aged cabin. Soft light streamed through the crack between the curtains, all drawn closed to repel the rays of life. That’s when she realized, still sitting in the chair before her insignificant form sat a very bewildering creature. He sat, eye’s closed and breathing soft, even pace indicating he was asleep.
Her finger’s wiggled slightly, her limb’s slowly waking with the rest of her. The feeling of her toes was an odd sensation, never fully understanding the loss of a limb until the last couple days. Even the feel of his warm cloak was well-welcomed, the soft inner fabric caressing her bare milky skin. Her finger’s softly gripped the edge of the cloak, her knee’s pulling up to her chest while she curled up tightly under the well worn material.
The gesture was foreign to her, having only ever known abandonment, abuse, and violence. Any act’s of kindness she’d ever experienced led to another heart breaking abandonment, leaving the girl to continue the violence towards the malevolent beast’s stalking their forests. In her life she’d learned how to care for herself, how to both care, and protect herself. In having done so she’d grown stronger then what she could of ever imagined, but in that left weakness’s within her.
Laying quietly, the young wolf’s ever watching eye’s curiously remained on the figure before her. Each movement and soft noise being categorized as she studied him, hoping to find a reason to such kindness in his unconscious movements.

4e416b037e1d3208f64029eb885c774c.jpg

She's awake.

Xael could feel eyes on him. It slowly pulled him from his slumber, but he continued breathing slowly, enjoying the rest. Vaguely he wondered how long she had been watching him, if she had slept most of the night or woken up after he dozed off. She had passed out during one of his stories, and her young face looked so peaceful in her sleep, like it was her only solace in a world filled with darkness.

And from the wounds on her, Xael knew she'd been through some serious shit. He hadn't meant to peak earlier, but he'd seen the puckered scars covering her fair ivory skin, and the new scars she'd recently required. Just staring into her silvery eyes showed him how much she'd seen, and how much it had aged her.

And yet he found her stunningly beautiful. To have that much strength in life, whilst being handed only bad cards and rarely finding a good moment. He could see all of that etched in her aged eyes, and the permanent worried frown on her soft pink lips.

His thoughts couldn't stray from her, so Xael finally opened his eyes to catch her staring, and a lazy smile pulled at his own thin lips.

"Good morning," he sighed, stretching, "How are you feeling?"

E~

His eye’s kept on the door, his weakened state slouching his well muscled shoulder’s as he muttered a simple ‘yes’ to the girl’s question. He could taste the jealousy and mistrust that flavored the air. He’d upset her, yet that couldn’t keep his focus as another problem had arisen.
Her word’s hit a cord within him, his feet beginning to follow her out the room before he remembered who was within the vicinity. His emerald eye’s looked around the room, his worn out form not good for much.

B~
e2fd6184bc6c7a109903155d6ac99e72.jpg

It had already been a long day. Let alone adding in another discussion in which he’d been thrown out of a fairly nice inn. It seemed whenever the man had opened his mouth, someone either couldn’t understand him, or was offended by a simple Hello. Running a hand through his matted brown hair, Braxton’s shaded eye’s looked over the scene as he observed his surroundings. His beaten and wrapped hand’s dusted off the dirt from the beaten fabric that hung from his shoulders.
“Bloody hell” His rough voice grumbled, his deep voice rolling through the air with a thick, foreign accent. As his eye’s scoured the streets, his eye’s stopped on a raven haired beauty. Her shining violet eye’s locked on his well toned features. Taking a couple steps forward, his steel toes heavily clumped against the cobblestone streets.
“What can a guy like me do to buy you a drink?” His voice chirped, a heavy Australian accent lining his voice as his head tilted curiously, the sun glinting off his scratched and slightly faded sunglasses.

Where have you been all this time?

Ashlin caught his eyes and a warm heat flashed across her cheeks. His accent was as sexy as his tall, toned body and Ash caught herself mentally undressing him before she could stop herself.

His question made her laugh, her rich voice raising an octave and her white teeth flashing as she giggled.

"Only if she can implore on where that beautiful accent is from," she replied flirtatiously, "I enjoy a good story."

B~

A sly grin pulled at Braxton’s lips as he took a couple steps forward, his head tilting to lead the way as he gestured towards the inn.
“Ladies first.”His sweet, rough accent coated his words as his hand slid out of from underneath his weathered cloak, his hand gripping the handle to pull open the doors.
“I'm from over seas, A country over ridden wit hunters n’ not enough beasts.” His deep tone grunted through a wide, and bright smile. Watching the small female beauty, Braxton followed her inside and lead her past the front desk. Ignoring several rather unnecessary dark glares, he lead her into the back bar before finding them both a small table at the back of the bar. Looking around, his shade’s kept the room dark and his eye’s hidden from the naked eye.
“What would you like to drink Sweet-heart?” His grin broadened, a hand waving a waitress over to their table. Quickly, a small blonde made her way over, his vibrant blue eye’s looking over the two.
“And when our waitress buggers off… Lets hear about you.” He commented, his thick rugged accent lingering with his brilliant smile.

Ashlin graciously followed him, lapping up the foreign accent, "Overseas? I haven't been anywhere near the sea. Heard of it sure, but never seen it."

They sat at a small table and he waved a waitress over. She ordered a glass of whiskey and a plate of bread and cheeses due to her rumbling stomach. Then she turned her attention back to the man across from her.

"First things first," she tapped her thin fingers on her chin with a relaxed grin, "What's covering your eyes? I've never seen it before. They look...odd."

L~
LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

She couldn’t help but keep staring. Even after his eye’s opened and caught her in the act. She just couldn’t help it, her inner curiosity overriding the cautious side she should be taking.
“Good Morning” She softly replied, her light and airy voice hanging within the stale air.
“Much Better” She replied, her fingers and toes wiggling with the thought. Her hand’s slid up to pull the coat under her chin, trying to conceal more of herself as his attention laid solidly on her.
“Thank you” Lunar’s voice remained soft, a grateful note rang through her voice.
“I do have to ask… Why did you do that…? Last night?” She asked, her eyelash’s softly batting as her large wolfish eye’s peered at him, almost hungry for a response.

B~

“Not many have. Me and my mates tried it, it’s a One-Off. Some went back.” He commented, his eye’s watching behind the darkened piece of plastic.
“Not much like the Outback…. Water for ages, and a boat full of wankers.” He chuckled, his hands resting on the table as his broad frame leaned forward slightly.
After Ash had ordered, he doubled their order on whiskey, asking for the best in house before returning to the beautiful woman before him.
A soft laugh trickled out of his mouth, her curiosity wasn’t the first today.
“Sunnies… They make things less bright.” He commented, her curiosity amusing him.
“Now on to you sweetheart.” His accent dripped from each word, his eye’s twinkling with interest behind the darkened shade’s she’d just inquired about.

Her question caught him off guard.

"Why'd I help you?" he asked, incredulously, "You haven't met a lot of kinder folk, have you angel?"

The room was getting too hot in his thick armor, but he'd already peeled the cloak off the night before. Now Xael took off his gloves, showing pale hands, and rubbed his stubble chin.

"I wasn't going to leave a defenseless girl locked up in a cage to die of starvation. If i did that, I'm no better than the beasts I hunt. And you were in no place to defend yourself last night. Your skin was ice cold, and you hardly moved. Don't think anything of it, okay? You owe me nothing. I just happened to be in the right place at the right time, and wanted to help you."

Wanted to protect her.

"Sunnies?" she asked, cocking her head.

With lightning fast reflexes she tore his sunnies off and put them on her, laughing the whole time, "Whoa, everything gets so dark. Like...black and white."

She continued laughing as he took them back, catching a glimpse of his eyes. They were unique, although she only caught a hint of black outlining his iris' before he pulled his sunnies back on.

"The don't really do anything for the sun, but they are called sunnies," she put on a cute frown, "they make you see black and white, only shades. Shades. Hm."

They alcohol and platter came and Ashlin popped a piece of blue cheese in her mouth, savoring the flavor, "I'm Ashlin by the way."

L~
LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

He’d already thrown her off last night. His kind gesture of picking her up and even covering her to give her decency and even the stories to lighten the mood. But now, she didn’t know what to think or to even feel. He was right, most of her human contact was never very kind, even with the people she’d worked for in the past.
“No, most of my contact is work related or death related.” She mumbled, her hand’s curling up together as her whole body wiggled in the slightest. He’d surprised her. Every word out of his mouth was the complete and utter opposite from the only word she’d ever known. How could he be so naturally… Kind? Her ear’s twitched slightly, listening to his heart beat with every word.
“I was tranqued… 4 men jumped me at my camp a couple days ago…” She explained softly, her eye’s closing for a moment before returning to the handsome creature before her. She had thought she was going to die… Alone and savagely within that cage. While he told her she owed him nothing, some part of her felt something. Deeper than an inner gratitude, something the young wolf couldn’t quiet explain. He’d been more than just in the right place… Lunar couldn’t quiet put a talon to it, but she could feel it within her chest.
“T-Thank you” She stuttered, having to swallow down the dryness within her mouth.

B~

He chuckled, her reaction’s both adorable and enlightening to the seemingly human being.
“They darken it… Makes the light less full on.” His deep accent purred, his white eye’s peering at the girl excitedly.
Braxton couldn’t help it, his grin kept growing with her cute reactions. Both different, and interesting to the large, well tanned man.
“I’ll find ya a pair sweetheart.” Braxton commented. Taking a sip from the whiskey, the harsh alcohol washed down his throat and warmed his chest.
“Why isn’t a Beauty like you on some mate’s arm?” He asked, his warm eye’s continuing to watch her as she poked at her plater. Picking up a piece after a moment, Braxton held it up for her as he awaited her answer.

"Your welcome. And we still haven't exchanged introductions yet. I'm Xael." he replied, smiling at her, "You seem to be feeling better."

Xael watched her wiggle, accessing her body for damage. He looked around, wondering what to do for clothes for her. He was already late for meeting Ashlin, and the sorceress was known for her short temper. He'd have to set off sooner than later, or he'd miss his chance for a contract she'd asked his help in. But he wasn't leaving the young redhead alone until he knew she was okay either. He'd have to wait till she was strong enough to sit up and walk anyways, so he'd wait until they hit that obstacle.

Bad question.

Ashlin was still sore from Elijah, and Braxton poked her raw wound, making her smile fade a fraction. He tried to bring the mood back by popping cheese in her mouth, which she took gratefully.

"Less on my arm, more looming over my head, controlling my life," Ash muttered, "But you probably didn't come across seas to listen to a girl complain about her love life, huh?"

She popped a piece of bread into her mouth, watching him as she chewed before gulping back her whiskey.

"So what's a devilishly handsome man as yourself want to know about me?" she asked with a mischievous grin, trying to bring the lightness back into her mood, "I can't say I'm all the interesting."

She flicked one of her fingers towards him and the platter slid along the table by itself, before a piece of white cheese hovered in the air at his mouth, waiting to be gobbled.

"Better eat that before we get both our asses booted out together," she laughed, carefree, while her eyes glanced around the room to make sure no one was gawking.

He still was staring at the cheese, amused. Turning her eyes back on him she put on her best pout, making her eyes wide and batting her lashes, "You shouldn't deny an offer from a beautiful woman, ya know?"

L~
LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

A soft red strand softly flopped down, hitting her nose and obscuring her vision ever so slightly.
“Lunar… Thank you Xael” She responded, her soft whimsical voice cooed, before wrinkling her nose and blowing at the strand of hair. The hair moved slightly, only to flop back into the wolf’s face.
Slowly Lunar sat up, drawing the cloak up with one hand to keep it held firmly over her chest. Slowly standing, the wolf looked around and sniffed. Her muscles where stiff, each joint popping with her weight as she stood. Lunar’s form began to move towards the kitchen, her nose leading her to a thin but tall cabinet where her scent lingered. A soft blush spread across her cheeks as the cool air hit her bare back, well exposed to the handsome man behind her.
Grabbing the handle, the small red head pulled the thin wooden door open, her clothes and her weapon’s just thrown into the cabinet filled with articles of clothing from other people.
Quickly grabbing her black and red corset, the tight leather pants stripped up her thigh’s, along with a tattered, worn hood that draped around her neck and lead down her back to hang in piece’s to the middle of her back thigh. Last but not least, she grabbed her arm bands, a belt filled with various different daggers, several wrapped items and a worse for wear, leather pair of combat boots, several metal addition’s added to help during combat.
Slowly the girl turned to Xael, her large moonlit silver eye’s looked him over as her petite frame slid over to his chair. Holding out the rather large cloak, Lunar looked at him and nodded towards the door.
“Want to take a look outside…?”She asked softly, her silver eye’s focusing on the handsome and seemingly nice man.

Xael nodded, trying to keep his eyes on anything but her naked form. He slipped his gloves back on before standing. Taking the cloak gratefully, he made sure it cover his head fully before stepping out into the sun.

While he waited, Xael decided to burn the corpses, pulling the dead vampire's body onto the pile and lighting it. The smell of burnt flesh made him grimace, and surely would bring monsters near, but it was better than leaving them to decompose slowly. And their souls would move on to whatever afterlife waited them.

As the fire burned he let his thoughts stray for a few moments. He tried to think about the travel time to Cleansed City, or what excuse he'd give Ashlin, but instead wound back to those perfect silver eyes, that soft pale skin littered with beautiful scars, and her red curls that framed her small face.

Snap out of it,Xael snapped at himself, You're acting like you haven't gotten laid in weeks. She's just a girl Xael...she'll be out of your life in no time.

Suddenly grumpy, Xael prodded the dying fire with the shovel lying nearby, waiting for it to die down. This was his problem, as Ashlin always scolded. She called it a clinical case of 'heroism', where he overly enjoyed saving beautiful women. Xael had always thought she was teasing him, but here he was, looking after a gorgeous stranger, and looking for nothing in return.

Well not nothing, a part of him whispered and a rush of lust rolled through him. Xael groaned quietly, prodding the fire more forcefully, trying to get his thoughts back on track.

Post 20
B~

Just like that, he could see a change in her. A light within her eye’s dimmed, and her posture stiffened ever so slightly.
“He’s a dag, your too Cheeky for some wanker” He grinned, his white eye’s gleaming through his shades as he tried to lighten the mood. Lifting his glass’s Braxton winked, his white teeth gleaming in the mid light of the tavern.
“For a Sheela as sweet as you, yes.” He commented, his curiosity over this over looming shadow.
“The Lot” He chuckled, his thick accent curling around each individual word as his eye’s looked her up and down.
His mouth opened, quickly consuming the cheese as his grin only seemed to deepen. The man pulled his shade’s up to rest within his tussled dark brown hair.
“Rubbish, I’d never deny such a Cheeky Beauty. One of a kind” Braxton chuckled, picking up another piece and holding it up for the raven haired beauty before him.

What is he saying?

His accent was hot, and he was equally as sexy...but every other word out of his mouth lost her. Ashlin started getting concerned he was insulting her and paused as he held cheese up to her mouth, raising an eyebrow.

"I can't honestly tell if your flirting, or being an ass," she frowned, sticking out her bottom lip and staring at him through her lashes.

She accepted the cheese slowly, still trying to understand what he was saying. Braxton seemed to be in a good mood, his posture relaxed, and his sunnies now on his head so she got a full look at his shocking white eyes. They were pure white iris' with a black ring outlining them, making him look haunting while also intriguing. She knew no hunter was mortal; in order to fight beasts, hunters needed to match their speed and strength and no mortal could. But Ashlin had never come across anyone or thing with those striking eyes. Ashlin started to wonder what he was, loosing herself in his gaze while she pondered.

After two minutes she realized she'd been staring at him without comment and her cheeks flamed.

"I'm sorry," she blinked and drained her drink, waving at the waitress for another round, "You have fascinating eyes."

He seemed amused at her, his sultry grin never dying. It wasn't as dazzling as Elijah's, but Eli had perfected his grin to get into women's beds. Braxton seemed more into a good drink and fun company, not how fast he could undress her. Or so you think. You thought similarly about Elijah when you first met him, and your still smarting after that mistake, she scolded herself.

Why was her thoughts returning to Elijah? She shook her head and growled at herself internally, trying to clear her muddled thoughts and focus on Braxton. Two more glasses of whiskey appeared and she graciously accepted hers, gulping it so the liquid scalded the back of her throat.

I wonder if he understands me? she wondered while she made idle talk, her head slightly cocked to the side, Or do I sound as crazy as he sounds to me?

A thought struck her and Ashlin reached forward, catching his large hands in her petite ones. Ignoring the growing headache in the back of her mind, she spoke a short incantation, keeping her volume a whisper so no one would suspect magic. Ash had yet to use this spell on anything other than creatures she needed to interact with, but in this situation she hoped it would work too. Once casted it translated what the other person was saying to the native tongue of the one listening.

Braxton will hear me in his tongue, and I'll hear English roll off his tongue. If it works...

The spell finished and she felt the satisfying click in her brain that told her she'd performed it perfectly. Ash started pulling her hands away but stopped herself, taking a second to feel the rough skin on his palms. It wasn't her normal strategy of flirting, grabbing a man's hand and performing magic on them, but being around him had tossed Ash off her game.

"Is it working?" she asked softly, "Am I speaking your tongue? Maybe now I can compliment that sexy grin of yours."

L~
LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

Stepping outside, the warm rays of light consumned her. The natural warmth sunk through her milky white skin, and left a soft gasp of joy to escape her lips. Both hand’s slowly rose, her eye’s fluttering shut while her hand’s stopped half way up, palms exposed and fingers curling ever so slightly.
How long had it been since she’d felt sunlight? Hours? Days? Weeks? She couldn’t remember. But it didn’t matter now. She was lucky enough to be standing within the light, all because of the man before her. Slowly Lunar’s head tilted, leaving the worn and weathered hood to slink off her head. Small tendril’s of blood-colored hair floated around her head, gleaming within the rays.
She could of stood still like that for hours, but the girl knew she had to head to the biggest city for miles… The Cleansed City. There she was to meet with a contractor over a repossession of an item within a well abandoned city. Within the cities, the beast’s numbers where both high in numbers, and strength. But for a wolf like herself, she’d be easily able to slink in to reclaim the lost property.
Slowly opening her eyes, Lunar’s silver orb’s peered back towards Xael, examining him as he poked and prodded angrily at a fire he’d made. Taking several steps forward, Lunar bit her bottom lip softly.
“Are you heading to any cities or towns…?” She asked softly, her voice sweet and curious.

Xael looked up in surprise, "Didn't hear you coming. You're offly quiet Lunar."

He kicked some dirt at the fire, lowering the flames, "I am supposed to be in Cleansed City yesterday, so I'm heading there. A friend of mine is there, with a contract. Unless she's found someone else to take it, with my luck. She'd not one to patiently wait."

His eyes glanced over her, "Good thing they didn't trash your clothing. Are you heading in the same direction?"

B~

Braxton watched her with his haunting white eyes, her posture and aura changing with confusion. Once again he’d done it… Much like how he’d met her, he’d offended her this time. The people of this land sounded different, and talked differently than him. While he understood them, it seemed like he might as well be speaking some dead language in this land.
“I’m Sorry Darlin…” He paused, his excited expression fading with her disgust towards him. With that, he’d heard her comment over his eyes. Tilting his head Braxton smiled at her softly, his eye’s still watching her gestures and expressions.
“Nothen as intriguin’ as you.” He pointed out, Braxton’s curiosity for the girl heightening with every moment they sat together at the table. Even with the compliment though, he could see her inner turmoil.
“What is it Sweetheart?” Braxton’s accent curled around the words before she’d reached out and grabbed his hand. Just like that, he knew just how different she was.
She was obviously a hunter… The different clothes, all meant to be durable during battle. While Braxton was new, he knew how tough the beasts could be.
The tone had changed from flirty, to confused, to incantations.
Click’
And like that… She’d lost that beautiful, and different English accent and obtained the rough and barren accent from his land.
“Your accent?” He asked, raising an eyebrow.

L~
LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

She couldn’t help it… Lunar’s head tilted back ever so slightly, a soft whimsical laugh leaving her lips.
“Naturally quiet.” Her soft, feminine voice chimed, while she knew she could be silent she’d never heard it before from another person. As quickly as she’d felt that soft lift, she felt like she’d held him back. She’d always personally hated when people where late for her own meetings, so she could only imagine how annoyed the other hunter was feeling.
“Sorry for holding you up…” She replied, her silver eye’s looking down before back up to the handsome man.
He was right though, it was a good thing that they hadn’t ruined her clothes… It took too long to find something decent to wear, let alone being safe with the amount of city scavenging she’d done.
“Funny you say that though… I’ve got a contract up there for a city run. If you’d like company, I’d be happy to tag along.” She replied, her hand’s sliding down her hips to rest on her upper thigh’s as she watched the man attempt to put the fire he’d created out.

"I could use the company," his smile lit up his face, and he doused the last of the fire out, "It's still half a day's journey there."

Even without the accent, his voice churned her stomach, alighting butterflies in her.

"My accent will come back," she grinned and winked, "Once I can understand you. The spell will wear off in an hour or two. For now, we can finally talk without the speech barriers."

She tossed cheese into her mouth, "So what brought you to our side of the world?"

B~

Braxton chuckled softly, taking a swig of his whiskey.
“Shame, that accent is adorable on you.” He chuckled, winking back as he grabbed another piece of cheese to feed her.
“Hunting, back in my land, the beast’s numbers are dwindling in the populated parts… While the outback’s beasts are growing too strong to hunt.” Braxton’s deep voice commented, his free hand sliding up to scratch along his jawline slightly as he continued to watch the raven woman with growing fondness.
“Why did you get into hunting?” His voice asked, a curious tone washing over his words.

Her skin paled at his question as her stomach turning to lead.

"Bad start in life," she murmured, her eyes flickering from the table up to his, "Not the kind of back story people want to know on a first date."

She breathed, flicking a black curl away from her face, "Sorry, I didn't mean to ruin the mood. How about I tell you something else about myself? Hmm, let's see. My favorite color is purple, I love rich foods like prime rib or fish...and how did you end up with eye's like that?"

B~

Just like that he did it again. Braxton killed her mood, he could see it in her face. Her vibrant, and enchanting eyes displayed an inner struggle, a dislike, as well as something… Off. Like her word’s didn’t match her inner thoughts. Shrugging it off Braxton understood. Sometimes there where just thing’s that couldn’t be talked about, and this was one of those things.
Chuckling softly Braxton shook his head, the soft short blackish brown tendril’s of hair brushing against his tanned skin.
“Well then, why don’t we come back tonight for some of that prime rib Sweetheart’?” He asked, his arm’s both moving to rest on the table before him.
“Was born with ‘em” He replied, wiggling his eyebrows slightly in a playful manner.
“You’re least favorite quality in others?” He retorted, stealing yet another piece of cheese to feed her.

E~

Groaning, the man scratched at his jaw line before swiftly ducking out of his room. The man moved down the hall, his tall frame pushing against the wall down the stairs and towards the back of the inn, a pair of crimson eye’s catching his attention, followed by a slim but curvy figure standing and attempting to move her way towards him.
Quickly looking down, Eli’s eye’s caught a small trash can containing a couple pieces of paper.
Pulling out a lighter, Eli looked down fondly and slightly sadly at the small and old zippo, he dropped it into the bin.
As soon as Eli had dropped it, had the bin to light on fire. The flames rose from the small bin, allowing a small contained fire to attract the attention of the waitress.
Just like that, had he created a distraction allowing a crowd to gather and allow a swift escape. He ducked throughout different streets, sticking to crowds of people and weaving in and out of buildings as well as retracing his steps in others to create an untraceable track.
As soon as he’d disappeared, had he found himself in the nicer side of the city, his tall form ducking into a nicer tavern without thought.
As soon as the door closed behind his tall stature, had his eye’s looked up. Within sight just down the hall where tables and people. Taking several steps in, Eli found himself making his way to the bar for a drink. With this day, he already needed a drink and a smoke.
Making his way to the bar, Eli’s figure moved towards the bar, his attention strictly on the drink he was so desperately in need of.

Back
Top Bottom