Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hunted (BurningWillows & BloodMoon)

203cf536-4961-429a-b795-e1985370f356_zpsevg6ived.jpg

Hours later the group was beginning to slow, mostly from hunger. Ash wanted to press on, more from frustration with the members in the group than anything. Reyn's whining was getting on her nerves, and constantly reminding her that there was a siren in the group.

Finally they passed through a small town and Ashlin caved in, letting them all go find food.

"Meet at the edge of town in an hour," she ordered, watching Eli and Reyn saunter off and Xael and Luna walk step-by-step away.

She turned her violet eyes on Braxton, already feeling the lonilness from staying away from him. But she needed to make her point, as much as his sad eyes tore at her.

"You should eat," she mumbled, letting her dark hair hide her own emotions, "I'm going to find a seat at the edge of town, wait for everyone."

She dragged her feet away, waiting until she was outside of the town to take a deep breath. Finding a tree a couple feet into the forest, she let herself sink into the grass and finally took in the last few days, opening the flood gate of emotion, tasting the salt on her lips as her cheeks grew wet with quiet sobs.

Why can't I get this right?

B~
e2fd6184bc6c7a109903155d6ac99e72.jpg

Braxton had to agree with the group, while his hunger was sated, a part deep within him craved sustenance. Shaking it off, he silently watched as the group parted, and Ash shoved him away. Braxton watched as she walked away before he sat and looked at the town. Shaking it off, Braxton wandered into town, stopping into a small inn and ordering a small dish of fruit with several cheeses, crackers, meats, and jellies in a take away dish. Sitting quietly, he waited patiently for several minutes before the waitress wandered out of the kitchen, his order packaged in a small container. Thanking the woman and paying, Braxton wandered to the edge of town; Both eye’s soon resting on a certain female, curled up and wounded by a tree.

Slowly, he wandered up, placing the container beside her.

“Eat.” He replied softly, his body turning to wander off, quickly finding a decent tree to pull himself up into, Braxton kept an eye on Ashlin from a distance. Quietly mulling over his own stupidity.

She was grateful for the food, and the kind thought made her feel even more of an ass. As he walked away to give her space she tried to eat it, swallowing between sobs. Finally she gave up, tossing the half eaten meal beside her and curling her knees up so she could rest her head, trying to make sense of it all.

Her nightmares had been gone for years, and now they were back. The full moon had come and gone, and she'd almost spilled blood. Elijah was back in her life...she was being controlled by a siren...Braxton was hiding things...her little black book was useless...the nightmares...

A mewling cry escaped her lips as her hangover pounded and she fought the urge to vomit the measly dinner. Every night this trip would now be a struggle, trying to keep her nightmares silent as they would progressively get worse. At some point she knew she'd stop sleeping all together in absolute fear of what she'd see when she closed her eyes. These memories hadn't surfaced in years, so why now?

She couldn't bear the weight on her chest anymore, every breath feeling forced. Getting up, she followed his footsteps, dropping to her knees in front of his surprised face and crumpling in his arms. Her sobs returned, but the weight lifted with the touch of his skin.

"Don't hate me," she whispered into his chest, gripping his cloak in her fists to keep him close, "I was mad at her...not you."

large.jpg

They downed there food quickly, neither of them bothering to slow down and savor it. As they left the small inn Xael took Luna's hand and started running, dragging her along. He said nothing, leading her out the first side of the town he found and well into the trees.

Before she could ask what was going on, or say anything his hands were in her hair, his mouth forcefully finding hers and craving to explore it. He pushed her against a tree, pushing her up it with his muscles until she was at his tall height and she could wrap her legs around him. He pushed into her, pulling at the strong leather of his clothes to release his cloak and belt, stripping some of the weight off in cool shade of the forest. Her arms wrapped around his neck and her claws dug into his scalp, making him groan with pleasure.

"You wanted a distraction," he breathed, kissing and nibbling her neck, "Let me distract you baby."

L~
LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

They had quickly found a small inn to take a seat together, ordering a quick meal; Lunar pushed the food down, uninterested in the taste. Leaving the inn, Lunar followed Xael as he lead her out of the small village and back off into a more familiar and comfortable surrounding.

Before she could get a word in, her body was pressed roughly into a tree, Xael’s lips finding hers with a deep force. A soft moan left her lips, the sound vibrating against his lips allowing a soft gasp to pull from her mouth. His arms picked her up, the harsh bark pressing into her back as her legs instinctively curled around Xael’s hips, both legs crossing as she held herself up.

Her stomach bubbled, her skin buzzed, and her vein’s heated, leaving her heart beat to flutter with ecstasy. The girl bared her neck, allowing more skin for him to run his soft and hungry lips down her skin. Both hands quickly rested on his back, her nails teasing the skin as her left hand rose upwards, her hand cautiously sliding down his chest, her hand lifting his shirt to allow her hand to rest against his skin.

It felt so good. The girl couldn’t of asked for anyone more desirable then the man before her. He’d saved her, not just physically…

“Please…” She whimpered, her eyes rolling back into her head as every part of her body hummed with thrill, passion… and lust.

Even her wolf side had quieted down.

….. ~

black-wolf-skull4.jpg

His heart leaped, the blood staining his muzzle as he licked his teeth clean. Both golden eyes looked around him, the forest was quiet once he’d taken down a two headed deer. Leaving the picked clean skeleton, the wolf sniffed the air, pawing at the ground as he’d finally caught what he was looking for. Turning, the darkened wolf weaved through the trees, his massive paws ripping at the ground as his heavy frame made its way towards its target.

Within minutes, he could not only hear her, but he caught her scent, lingering thickly within the air, tainted with the presence of a male. As quickly as she came into view, did the wolf lunge; both paws catching the man pinning her. The wolf’s paws crashed down against the man’s chest large, unkempt claws sinking in as the wolf stood above the man, fangs bared and hovering above the a pulsing neck. A massive snarl ripped from the wolfs broad throat, the sound echoing through the trees and scaring off the nearby birds. His breath was warm against the males throat, reeking of death while hot, oozing saliva dribbled down his teeth and onto the mans skin.

large.jpg

"Jesus Luna," he moaned, pushing harder into her, his arousal pressing into her thigh, "Could you be any more beautiful?"

He freed one hand from holding her up and slowly skimmed her side, feeling her shiver as he moved up. His lips continued to leave breathless kisses on her, his teeth grazing her skin as the vampiric side of him pulsed and quietened at once, wanting her blood but being sated enough from earlier that day to not hurt her.

His mouth parted for a split second so that he could gaze at her, looking for any sign that she wanted him to stop. Her eyes rolled back in pleasure and his muscles flexed, anticipating ripping her clothes off piece by piece.

A sudden force shoved him so hard he fell back and rolled, losing Luna in the process. Something slammed into him, pinning him down as his eyes rolled his senses dulled for a second before coming back into focus.

"Luna!" he called out, his eyes landing on the giant pair of teeth snarling near his throat, "Luna, are you okay?"

The growling intensified, the teeth snapping closer to his skin. The hulk of a wolf had him pressed into the dirt, his life inches from being torn out, but Xael had to check on her first.

"Luna," his eyes widened at the pair of golden eyes glaring at him, "Any noise to tell me your okay before I get shredded here."

L~
LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

As soon as the moment had begun, had it been ripped from her. Lunar gasped as her body fell, her legs stretching out to quickly catch herself in a crouching position. All she could see was a mass of gold and dark brown fur, it’s large wolfish stature easily 3 or 4 times the size of an average wolf.

As the wolf pinned him down, the girl reached out, her talons reaching for Xael’s hand.

“Yes!” She called over the snarling. “Stop! Jesus stop!” She snapped, the silkiness in her tone dissipating as a dark, threatening and over whelming tone took over. The wolf pawed at Xael’s chest, his teeth only backing up slightly before moving to look at Lunar.

“Now back the fuck up and park your ass down!” She snarled, her hand shooting out to point several feet away. The wolf growled softly, slowly backing up as Lunar ran over to Xael.

“No blood… Good. Are you ok?” She asked, her silver eyes looking over Xael with worry as the wolf whined behind her, sitting and glaring at the man Lunar was quickly sitting over.

large.jpg

He sat up, his chest hurting from the weight thrown on him by the wolf, "Fine. I'm fine. I'm guessing you know the wolf? Why the hell did he attack me?"

He winced as he slowly stood, feeling bruised but still worrying about Luna. Ignoring the pain where the paws had hit him, he pulled Luna's face up to look at her, his thumb stroking her cheek.

"Did he hurt you sweetheart?" he asked gently, shooting a deathly glare at the wolf sitting several paces away.

L~
LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

The girl’s hands rested on Xaels broad shoulder, and muscular stomach, cringing as he asked if she knew him.

“You’re not fine, a 285 pound wolf just lunged at you.” She fussed, her eyes watching him, looking for ay other wounds.

“Well, I would acknowledge him if he wasn’t aiming to kill you.” She growled, her harsh tone making the wolf growl softly.

“I’m sorry, he’s not a fan of people touching me…” She groaned, keeping her eyes on him as her hands flew up to inspect him. Xael’s hand stopped her, his touch was gentle, her eyes watching him with both worry, and passion.

“No, you don’t need to worry about me.” She smiled sweetly as Xael just as a deep, throaty growl warned in the background.

large.jpg

"Can I tell him to fuck off?" Xael asked, trying to lighten to mood a tinge as her hands checked him for wounds.

He did his best not to make any noise when she hit the bruises on his chest, but his body gave him away as it flinched under her touch. The pain was getting worse, warning Xael that he might have broken a rib or two. The disadvantage for him was he did not heal quickly, unless he used the vampire side of him. The mutagen had warped him so that he could eat, sleep, and feel like a mortal would, but drank blood and had heightened senses and strength. The sun was also a problem.

His ribs weren't going to heal themselves, giving him two options: beg Ash to heal him and have to explain the whole werewolf situation, or feed and heal while taking blood in.

"Luna I'm okay," he smiled down at her, "Deal with your new friend. It's only a few scraps and bruises."

Her eyes told him she didn't believe him for a second, and Xael caved quickly, explaining the pain...and the situation. His eyes moved between Luna and the wolf, making sure he wouldn't be jumped a second time.

He winced as pain lanced through his side, "I'm just going to sit down. Talk to you friend. I'll be okay for five minutes." He fell against the tree they had been using, sliding into the grass and catching his breath. She stood over him, knowing he had more to say.

"I need to feed or I need Ashlin," Xael explained finally, upset, "I can't heal without doing so. But I..."

How do I explain this one? There isn't any good way...not without hurting her.

"If I feed, it isn't just grab someone and suck their blood," Xael hated talking about this, especially with the strange wolf listening, "It becomes...erotic for mortals. They never notice what I'm doing either. But there is no way in hell I'm sleeping with some whore when I've got you. And Ashlin...she can't know either."

L~
LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

She couldn’t help but laugh as Xael tried to lighten the mood, but the wolf behind her growled, a chuffing noise leaving his fangs as Lunar softly patted him down.

“I’m so sorry Xael… I didn’t even know this fucker was in the same country.” She groaned softly, her silver eyes looking at him apologetically.

“He’s not new, and not really important. You are.” She replied, kneeling with him as Xael planted himself downwards.

He only got several words into trying to describe the situation, before the wolf leaned over, her canine pulling at flesh as she offered him her wrist. Hot, crimson liquid dripped down her percaline wrist as she held it up to Xaels lips, pressing it to his lips so he couldn’t refuse.

“Or we can fix this and you can drink.” She replied, watching him with worried silver eyes.

Looking back at the wolf, Lunar’s eyes glared, leaving a soft whine as the wolf dipped its head, a paw resting over its eyes as he tried to escape the situation.

Looking back at Xael, Lunar’s free hand moved up to stroke his hair softly, worry running across her face as she tended to the handsome man.

large.jpg

No one had ever offered their blood willingly. At least not without some kind of trade. And Luna was asking for nothing but his health.

Her wrist pressed to his lips and Xael's eyes widened, looking at her with genuine shock, and then pure happiness. His mouth opened in anticipation and Xael couldn't deny himself her blood, having already tasted it and thought it was as divine as her. He sucked softly at first, but as the first gulp hit his throat his eyes warmed and grew dark and his fangs popped, tearing harder into her skin. It was different this time though, as she had offered and he wasn't as hungry, so he had more control. Slowly he drank his fill, feeling his body hum with the inner energy he knew nothing about but kept him alive. Xael drank till the pain in his chest and his arm disappeared.

Pulling away, he let his red stained fangs shine for a second as he licked her wrist clean, his saliva clotting the blood in her open bite so it could heal. Silently he wondered if the whole thing was as arousing for her as it was for him. With the wolf watching he couldn't say anything, but feeding always made him extremely horny, something he'd never had an issue with till now.

"Thank you," he kissed the back of her hand before releasing it, "I hope it was more pleasurable than painful for you, beautiful."

Well at least I dropped the hint, he thought to himself, mentally undressing her, Oh Luna, you're quickly becoming my world.

L~
LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

Lunar’s head tilted down, her forehead resting against the top of his head ever so softly. Both eyes fluttered shut as her breath caught within her throat. Pleasure stroked her veins, making her heart stutter. The whole sensation was new… And thrilling. The girl bit down on her bottom lip softly, holding in a moan as the wolf behind her growled. Lunars free hand flew up, her hand held flat out just as the wolf stopped, leaving the girl to slowly drop her hand to rest on Xaels shoulder.

As he licked the wound, the red head moved her head back, allowing Xael to pull his head up as he thanked her. Kissing him back she smiled, both eyes opening to reveal golden orbs, quickly fading back to silver with each beat of the wolfs heart.

“Wasn’t in the least bit painful.” She smiled, her hand sliding up his neck to rest on his cheek.

“How are you feeling?” She cooed, her thumb gently stroking Xaels cheek.

“I’m sorry for that… He’s pulling the big brother bull.” She commented, a sharpness in her words directed towards the wolf, leaving a soft whine in the background.

large.jpg

He wanted more than a kiss but he stifled his lust and smiled calmly at her, "I'm feeling fantastic now Luna."

Her hands moved around his face, delighting him at her touch. He listened to her intently, his eyes moving to the giant wolf watching him, "Big brother? Why'd he attack me?"

Another thought popped up and he quickly added, "So that's what werewolves look like, even you?"

L~
LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

Her smile lit up her small face, her slowly fading golden eyes beaming as she kissed him a second time.

“I couldn’t be anymore happy.” She smiled, her thumb still stroking his face as she slowly stood. Watching her movements before she was fully rested, her hand remained on his cheek as she looked back at the wolf.

“He doesn’t like men touching me. He’s protective.” She commented looking back down at Xael as she offered her hand to help him stand.

As soon as the word werewolf was muttered, a large snarl ripped from his throat, massive pearly fangs exposed as the hackles on Jay’s back stood, his body moving to stand as he pawed at the ground. Lunar shook her head softly.

“Back. Down.” Her voice was bold, a certain strength to it that made it different.

“We look different… Same-ish size though.” She commented, looking back at the wolf.

“Are you seriously going to keep this up?” Her voice still sturn waited, a harsh bark flying past several large fangs. “If you hurt him again I’ll break something next time.” She commented, glaring at the wolf.

large.jpg

He took her offered hand, getting to his feet as she talked to the wolf, and answered his question. Xael was slightly surprised that she stood at his side, protecting him from her brother. It was rare he found himself in situations with allies, and this was refreshing.

"If you need to, I can wait in town for you," Xael offered, feeling the tension rising around them, "I wanted to gander in a couple shops anyways ."

He kissed her gently, then added a second kiss to her forehead, "I'll see you at the meeting point, mkay?"

He walked away, feeling fantastic as he returned to the small town. He had seen a few items that had been on his mind since early morning, and he wanted to buy them while he had a moment alone, a plan forming in his head that would make Luna's week.

L~
LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

Lunar smiled at Xael as he took her hand, her tiny fingers curling around his limb as she helped him up. Shock pulled at her face as Xael began to stray, had she done something wrong?

“But…” Her fading eyes looked at him sadly, but she nodded as he walked away.

“I’ll see you soon Xael.” She replied, her hand hanging in the air for a moment as the cool air replaced his hand. Sighing, the wolf turned to Jay and growled, turning around she moved her hand in a circular motion.

“I hope you brought pants.” She groaned, her feet starting to slowly walk away as the wolf behind her began to move with her.

large.jpg

The first shop he entered he found Reyn, shopping for trinkets. Elijah was nowhere to be seen and she made some comment about him wanting "alone time" before they quested off. At first Xael wanted nothing more than to buy his items and leave, but Reyn seemed calm, even offering her advise as he picked up two different colors of the same set.

"Romantic huh?" she asked, moving in beside him as he shopped, "For the red-head...Luna?"

"Luna," he nodded, frowning at his choices, "Are you going to lecture me on how romance is dead, and a good fucking is all she needs?"

Reyn shook her pink curls, pointing at the one in his right hand, "I'm not Elijah. What works for me doesn't work for everyone. I get that. I'm not some emotionless drone here."

She moved a few steps over and picked up a small bangle, trying it on, "Besides, I've been with a few romantics in my lifetime. Memorable nights, I have to say. Luna's lucky."

"So why do you antagonize Ashlin and Braxton then?" he asked, "All they want is to be with each other, and you seem intent on hurting them."

"Not me sugar," she smiled, her white teeth glimmering, "She's Elijah's toy, not mine. I'll admit, I got a little carried away the other morning. Love a good fight. But don't think I'm scheming to break them up either. The longer Ash remains in Braxton's arms, the longer I get Eli."

He moved around her to a new section and again she helped him pick out a few from the selection, shrugging when he said thank you. He paid for them and she spoke a few sweet words and walked out with a free bangle.

"Got a list of things for the gal?" she asked as they stepped into the cool night air.

"A bit," he looked into the trees, wondering about her, "A couple items. I'll pick them up in the next town though. Our time is almost up."

"One more shop," she pranced away, "They have a herbalist here I'd like to visit before we go."

….. ~

black-wolf-skull4.jpg

Walking along side her rose memories of home. The wolf chuffed softly, only to get a stern look. Shaking it off, the wolf tugged at the back of her cape, playfully asking for herself. She shook her head softly, her silver eyes returning to him as her stern look faded with his large golden puppy eyes.

“Jesus Jayson, don’t give me that! Our group is too close, and they don’t know.” She pointed out, her hand moving to sit ontop of his head ever so softly as he lowered it. He barked, and she nodded softly.

“He knows… He hasn’t seen me… He hasn’t rejected me yet either…” She commented softly, stopping to look at him.

“I don’t get that feeling though… I feel… Safe, and happy for the first time in decades…” She commented softly, her silver eyes looking up at him.

Softly, the wolf nudged her stomach with his wet black nose, only to get swatted away. Sneezing, the creature looked at her questioningly.

“You can smell it, No we haven’t… But I feel something… Something that is unfazed by the hands of time.” She whispered softly, her hands moving back to her sides as she turned and began to walk.

“I would advise getting your pants… I don’t know how they’d react to you like that.” She commented, as Jay turned to retrieve his pants.

A quick trot and he was there, his head poking through several trees when he caught a curious scent. Turning, the wolf walked in the opposite direction, his body wandering into a small clearing with a couple curled up beside a tree, a man, smelling much of death was stroking a raven haired woman’s hair, obvious they’d just made up from a fight. Before Jay could turn, his large white eyes caught the wolf’s massive form, his limbs stiffening as his tone hushed the woman.

She sat there in his arms, muttering apologies for being so rude, while something continued to nag at her. Braxton had wiped the tears away, and in his presence her nightmares seemed less terrifying.

So what's bothering me?

It was something that nagged and pulled at her whenever she looked up into his big white eyes. She thought over the day, how upset she'd been over finding out Reyn was a Siren.

"It wasn't about Reyn," Ash muttered to herself, the dots starting to connect, "I haven't even asked what Luna is. Why should I care about Reyn? I mean, sure, she's dangerous for me...but that was no reason to snap."

Her eyes turned up to him, seeing him watching the forest with intent, "This was about you."

The realization hit her like a rock and her brow creased as she lifted a hand and pulled his chin to look at her, "You've yet to tell me what you are."

cded4456-909b-4868-a530-46c84a5034ec_zpsdwt2nmiv.jpg

This man was a sap...but a hot one.

Nereyda led him to the herbalist on the edge of the town, excited to get a few bundles of herbs she was in need of. Xael followed more out of curiousity for the town, which was fine by her. Ducking into the herbalist shop, she was in and out in five minutes. Along with the couple bundles she bought for herself, she slapped down a small pouch in his hand.

"Sign of good faith," Reyn murmured, trying to get on his good side, "Trust me, you'll want these."

He looked inside and smiled faintly, thanking her. Reyn wasn't usually this friendly, or behaved around others but she needed allies. Ashlin disliked her, making Braxton dislike her in turn. Elijah was a great ally, but they hated him even more, and Reyn wasn't fond of that much negativity around her.

B~

His arms where wrapped around her, his lips pressed to her head as they muttered their apologies and confided in each other.

“I can’t even begin with how sorry I am that I didn’t tell you… I should of the second she came into the vicinity… I put you at harm and that’s unacceptable…” He muttered, his low voice dripping with regret.

Then Ash pieced it together, leaving the man stiffened, the hairs on his arms standing on end as she asked what he was. Looking down, Braxton’s hair flipped down, the semi long strands covering parts of his eyes.

“You don’t want to know what I am… You wouldn’t want to be associated with me…” He murmured as his hands tightened slightly before going slack, his arms dropping into the cushy grass as several of his last victims flashed across his mind.

But as soon as that had come across his mind… An earthy scent took over the area, the smell of dirty fur and blood well amidst the scent.

His attention strayed to something in the forest, but she couldn't see a thing. Instead she replayed his words over and over in her head, growing sicker by the second. She'd heard the line before, supernatural races ashamed of themselves so they refused to reveal themselves. But the way he said it sounded too true, like he knew something was wrong with him.

She wanted to comfort him for being ashamed, but Ashlin also wanted to push him away in fear of what he could be.

He's seen us shift...he heard your sob story. No wonder he's stuck around if he thinks he's more damaged than you.

Go away, you're not helping the matter.

"Braxton," her voice was sharper than she meant, as she pulled away from him and turned, sitting on her knees so she could face him.

His focus was lost, staring deep into the woods so that she had to call his name a second time before he turned his stiffened neck towards her.

"Tell me," she exclaimed, holding to her resolve, "I'm best friends with a vampire. We are in the company of a halfling and a siren. I'm a...mess...my point is I need to know who's in my group. I'll have to ask Luna soon too, although with her shy tendencies and Xael standing guard, I'll never get a word out of her."

I'm rambling. God I need sleep.

"Brax just tell me," she whispered, "please."

B~

Braxton’s attention was brought to something with the forest… They were being watched.

“You’re not a mess. None more than the rest of us.” He smiled softly, trying to lighten the topic.

He bit his lip, the word pulsating within his mind.

“Shtriga…” He murmured, cringing at the name. The name made his stomach knot, his chest tighten, and a weight pulling at the very fabrication of his being threatened to unravel his being. Looking up, his defeated white eyes looked at her, waiting for her disgust to shove him away. Much like even the thought of his true colors had already begun as she shoved her way away from him moments ago.

"A what?"

She had never heard the term, and her first thought was it was another Australian term. Since his accent had come back he had been careful with his tongue to use words more familiar with her, and she enjoyed every second he spoke. But now the barrier between them rose again, Ash's confusion at the term all over her face.

B~

Braxton sighed softly, his shoulders caving in at the thought. He hated going into detail. But he had lost her, and he knew getting it over was for the better. If she knew… truly knew, she’d be repulsed, but it was for the best.

“A creature who lives off the soul force, taken from others…” His words where soft, his deep voice sounding disgusted and defeated.

Back
Top Bottom