Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

a darling idea~

RE: a darling idea// comments closed at the moment~

So... With the exception of a few people, I'm starting to think that maybe this isn't the best place for me. I starting roleplaying on Gaia somewhere in 2006, and someone 'recruited' me at some point and I ended up here. While I do like it better than Gaia (mainly because the latter is for children and is largely aimed towards the anime set, not to mention adult content is permitted here), this doesn't really feel like the perfect fit either, even after all of these years.

There's a wide variety of people and role-plays here, and that's great, but I can't help but notice that by and large, there aren't many compatible writers for me here. In regards to style, content, writing ability and expectations, I largely don't match up to many people here. Before I go on, I'm happy for the partners that I have, and I'd much rather have a few good eggs than a dozen bad ones. But still... It's frustrating to comb through requests and not find one person I'm even halfway interested in. It's frustrating to receive responses from my thread that clearly didn't even read my thread, or did but decided to try to shoehorn me into their own wants and needs, rather than just accept that perhaps we wouldn't be a great fit.

Maybe I'll give Elliquiy a try, who knows...

Let me reiterate I'm so happy with the partners I have now. Ecstatically so. Even if I were to check out another site, I'd continue to visit here just for them (so breathe easy, beloved partners). I would just love to have more options.

So... there's a good ramble. I'll leave it there, for now.

Webby

Having a child is like the ultimate psychology experiment. Some variables are controlled, some are environmental. Many are the direct result of our choices and actions as parents, caretakers. One wrong move and the whole thing will blow up in your face. Elements that are innocuous on their own are deadly and explosive in the right (wrong) combination. It takes more self-awareness and wisdom than most people are capable of to strike that balance between total selflessness and selfishness-- both are fatal. It's not if you'll screw up, it's when, it's how badly, it's what you did as damage control.

I look at my sons and sometimes I'm terrified. I had them before I even understood what it takes to be a parent. And no, no one can truly be prepared for the challenges they give you, but fuck. Even serial killers had moms. And they always seem to catch the blame for it-- too much red dye in the food, potty-trained them too late. Let them watch one scary movie too many and they got ideas. Spanked them. Didn't spank them. Let them cry it out. Coddled them too much. Breastfed, formula-fed. You fucked up.

I'm not saying not to have kids. I'm not saying that I don't enjoy my role as a stay at home parent-- I do. It's a privilege not everyone can afford. We can barely afford it. I just think that we collectively need to address, as a society,

Just a little update for partners wondering where I am... I'm here. Lots of IRL happening which leaves little time to write, but also, I've been finding it hard to jump back into roleplays, the longer I wait to post. A little patience is all I need, I think, and I'm so sorry for the delay. :heart:

Back
Top Bottom